Chit Chat
Options

OMG!! Going for a week w/o make-up

13»

Re: OMG!! Going for a week w/o make-up

• Options
    For all the gals that love makeup and all the gals that love that show "Hoarders", HERE is a girl that probably has $100,000 worth of the stuff.  So much stuff it took two youtube videos to film MOST of it.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

For all the gals that love makeup and all the gals that love that show "Hoarders", HERE is a girl that probably has $100,000 worth of the stuff.  So much stuff it took two youtube videos to film MOST of it.  

I am extremely jealous. There are a lot of youtube beauty vloggers who could probably qualify for hoarders.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I always wear makeup. Usually powder, eyeliner and mascara, and blush for work. I add lip color and brown smokey eye shadow when I'm going out shopping or to dinner.

I feel like I look sick without makeup. Here is before and after for wedding makeup - I never wear this much!

image   image   image

• Options
    I love makeup and think it's fun.  I have a small amount of very high quality stuff from Sephora and I really enjoy making different looks with it, both for work and going out.

I have my work routine down to a small bag I can do at the gym.  Wash/moisturize.  CC cream, two-in-one on lips and cheeks, brow gel, mascara, sometimes eyeliner if I have time.  I generally just wear lip balm but sometimes for fun I will wear lipstick.

I have a history of painful, very ugly eczema on my face.  Extremely high quality tinted moisturizer or CC cream is a good way to keep some moisture in my skin.  If I don't wear any makeup at all, I often start feeling dry and uncomfortable because there's just nothing on there to hold in the moisture. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I do without foundation.  I have really bad acne right now, and have for the last two years or so, and I've been trying different things to try to get rid of it.  I've tried several different skin care regimens. I go without if I'm staying at home, but out in public, I'm really self conscious because I only have three or four a time usually, but my cheeks are covered in left over red scars that haven't faded.  :(
  • Options
    I would love to wear it to work and do when there's an important meeting.  On those days, it's foundation, powder, bronzer, eyeshadow, blush, lip gloss, and mascara.  I should take the two minutes to do powder and blush.

However, I have Narcolepsy and every minute of sleep in the morning (which is when I get the best sleep) is more important to me than makeup.  I tell myself that the guys don't have to so why should I?  I think my boss (a full face girl) judges me for it.  I can't let it bother me.

I will go through the routine when going out in the evenings.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I do without foundation.  I have really bad acne right now, and have for the last two years or so, and I've been trying different things to try to get rid of it.  I've tried several different skin care regimens. I go without if I'm staying at home, but out in public, I'm really self conscious because I only have three or four a time usually, but my cheeks are covered in left over red scars that haven't faded.  :(
    Have you ever tried microdermabrasion for the acne scars? I had it done a couple times and it really did help to fade some of them. Mine are more pockmarks than redness, though.
  • Options
    I wear a tinted SPF moisturizer every day with an SPF colored gloss.

When I'm dressing up, I add a mineral powder, mascara, and color in my brows. If I'm going crazy, I play with eyeshadow or lipstick.

My mom wears makeup 1-2x/year. We were strongly discouraged from using it growing up. I never cared and didn't learn about it until I was into my 20s and realized that it was important for some jobs.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Almost two years ago I stopped wearing makeup. I'd been wearing it since I was like 13 and I have pretty bad acne. I'd wear a full face every day - no matter what I was doing and I would get serious anxiety without. I decided it wasn't good for me - emotionally or good for my oily acne-prone skin. So I stopped. I still wear it when I go out and I always have to do a double-take. Like "woah - I look pretty damn good!"
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

I saw this article yesterday, it made me feel sad too.

Today, I very rarely wear makeup. When I was in high school and early in college I always wore a full face of makeup. Then I started working as a camp counselor over summer breaks and I got so used not wearing makeup, and being surrounded by people who weren't wearing makeup that I felt really comfortable without it.  I do enjoy wearing makeup, but I usually reserve it for going out with my fiancé, or special events. If I'm going into my grad assistantship or going to class I usually just wear moisturizer.

The one exception to this, is that I work part-time at Starbucks, and we've found that we get a lot more tips if the girl at each register is wearing makeup. So, if I'm working a longer shift that I know I'm likely to be at a register for, I might wear powder, eyeliner, mascara, (sometimes eye shadow) and lip gloss. I really hate playing into this, but the extra tips are always nice.

• Options

I wear makeup on a daily basis.  I use concealer under my eyes (always have dark circles), a powder foundation (liquid feels to heavy sometimes), blush/bronzer, eye shadow, mascara (a must). I also fill in my brows a bit because they are pretty darn blonde and thin.  When I am home or need to run to the food store on the weekend I will go without but wearing makeup makes me feel put together and presentable.  Just like I wouldn't go to work without brushing my hair I also wouldn't go to work without make up on.

I do get annoyed at times when people boast about not needing or wanting to wear makeup. Good for you, I'm happy for you. But don't judge us who don't feel great without it. I don't think that's fair. If I had your full eyebrows or long lashes, yeah I'd totally rock the no make-up look. 
    But I do agree with this.  We all do something, whether it be putting on makeup or doing our hair or painting our nails or spraying on perfume or whatever, that makes us feel pretty or good about ourselves.  So just because some of us don't feel 100% without makeup does not mean that those who do feel wonderful without makeup are any better.  There are some women who must have their nails done to feel put together and pretty, but I am not one of them.  And just because I don't feel the need to have nail polish on my nails to feel pretty doesn't mean that I am going to judge someone because they do have that need.
    I'm sorry if you took this as judgmental, competitive or boastful. I hope neither of you think anyone is judging you for wearing make-up. Originally, I did not post about my personal routine, but it includes makeup almost every day.

My thoughts on the buzzfeed article are that I feel sorry for this girl. Without makeup, she felt totally insecure and anxious. Whether she was wearing makeup directly affected her self-worth. She thought makeup influenced how people thought about her. She even questioned whether someone refusing to hold the door open for her and someone bumping into her without saying 'excuse me' were the direct result of her not wearing makeup!

All that depending on a few products she puts on her face. I felt and still feel sorry for her. Not because of my routine or anyone else's routine in comparison to her's, but because of her feelings about herself (not just her looks) being almost entirely dependent on makeup.

I think people are certainly able to observe that type of outlook, think about its effects on her as a person and feel sorry for this woman, without comparing her to themselves and thinking they're "better" or "boasting" or "gloating". It's not a comparison or a competition.

-------------

No, I didn't take is as such. My comment wasn't directed at you but at those that do judge me and others for feeling like we need make-up. I've gotten judged plenty of times straight to my face with either passive-aggressive comments or back-handed compliments. People are so fucking rude. I agree it's not a competition but others act as if it is. 

I do feel bad for the girl, too. Not because of makeup but because her insecurity is debilitating her. Most have something about themselves they're not exactly thrilled with. It may range from anywhere from "eh, I'll deal" to "I wish I could change it!". Being a bit self-conscious about your naked face is no different than being self-conscious about a pudgy belly, jiggly thighs, or skinny legs. 

I equate her week of no make-up to someone insecure about having cellulite walking around in nothing but a bra and thong for a week and posting pictures. Just the thought of it mortifies me. In both scenarios, I do think the individuals are brave in facing their (very personal to them) fears. It may not make sense to us but it's not about us. It's about them.

• Options
    doeydo said:
    My daily routine is shower, brush hair, and dry hair if it is cold outside.  Ta-da.

This! I shower, throw on moisturizer, brush my hair, and twist it up in a bun. When I get to the office, I take the bun down and let it finish air drying. It dries wavy and gives my extremely thin hair some volume.

I used to wear makeup pretty much every day. Foundation, eyeliner, eye shadow, etc. Then I realized that hours later it either didn't look like I was wearing any at all or my face looked terribly pale from the foundation. I have auburn hair and a lot of freckles so I guess I never mastered the art of foundation that suits my skin type. Eventually it became easier just to go without.

Some days I'll throw on some bronzer and mascara, but usually not. I also have to wake up at 2:30am for work so my motivation levels are slim to none...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a mascara girl, since my lashes are blond.  My eyes are super small otherwise.  I did have to go a week once without eye makeup cos I had laser eye surgery done.  It bugged me a bit at first, and my students noticed something was different, but I got over it quick.  And I always wear makeup to work out, cos it's just mascara.  Oh, and I always have  a tube of concealer for when zits pop up.

I did try a BB cream this summer and didn't like it.  I felt like I was wearing foundation cos it made my skin look smoother.  It took away my freckles and I didn't like that.  I also wanted to put more on for moisturizer, but felt like it was adding makeup.  It's just for super special night out now

• Options

I wear makeup on a daily basis.  I use concealer under my eyes (always have dark circles), a powder foundation (liquid feels to heavy sometimes), blush/bronzer, eye shadow, mascara (a must). I also fill in my brows a bit because they are pretty darn blonde and thin.  When I am home or need to run to the food store on the weekend I will go without but wearing makeup makes me feel put together and presentable.  Just like I wouldn't go to work without brushing my hair I also wouldn't go to work without make up on.

I do get annoyed at times when people boast about not needing or wanting to wear makeup. Good for you, I'm happy for you. But don't judge us who don't feel great without it. I don't think that's fair. If I had your full eyebrows or long lashes, yeah I'd totally rock the no make-up look. 

But I do agree with this.  We all do something, whether it be putting on makeup or doing our hair or painting our nails or spraying on perfume or whatever, that makes us feel pretty or good about ourselves.  So just because some of us don't feel 100% without makeup does not mean that those who do feel wonderful without makeup are any better.  There are some women who must have their nails done to feel put together and pretty, but I am not one of them.  And just because I don't feel the need to have nail polish on my nails to feel pretty doesn't mean that I am going to judge someone because they do have that need.

I'm sorry if you took this as judgmental, competitive or boastful. I hope neither of you think anyone is judging you for wearing make-up. Originally, I did not post about my personal routine, but it includes makeup almost every day.

My thoughts on the buzzfeed article are that I feel sorry for this girl. Without makeup, she felt totally insecure and anxious. Whether she was wearing makeup directly affected her self-worth. She thought makeup influenced how people thought about her. She even questioned whether someone refusing to hold the door open for her and someone bumping into her without saying 'excuse me' were the direct result of her not wearing makeup!

All that depending on a few products she puts on her face. I felt and still feel sorry for her. Not because of my routine or anyone else's routine in comparison to her's, but because of her feelings about herself (not just her looks) being almost entirely dependent on makeup.

I think people are certainly able to observe that type of outlook, think about its effects on her as a person and feel sorry for this woman, without comparing her to themselves and thinking they're "better" or "boasting" or "gloating". It's not a comparison or a competition.

-------------

No, I didn't take is as such. My comment wasn't directed at you but at those that do judge me and others for feeling like we need make-up. I've gotten judged plenty of times straight to my face with either passive-aggressive comments or back-handed compliments. People are so fucking rude. I agree it's not a competition but others act as if it is. 

I do feel bad for the girl, too. Not because of makeup but because her insecurity is debilitating her. Most have something about themselves they're not exactly thrilled with. It may range from anywhere from "eh, I'll deal" to "I wish I could change it!". Being a bit self-conscious about your naked face is no different than being self-conscious about a pudgy belly, jiggly thighs, or skinny legs. 

I equate her week of no make-up to someone insecure about having cellulite walking around in nothing but a bra and thong for a week and posting pictures. Just the thought of it mortifies me. In both scenarios, I do think the individuals are brave in facing their (very personal to them) fears. It may not make sense to us but it's not about us. It's about them.

I understand what you are saying, bc I have been judged for not wearing it. On occasions when I do wear it I've had people go over the top saying how much better I look with it and how I really should wear it ever day. It's rude and judgey. I personally think I look good enough without it, but judge others who feel more confident or just plain want to wear it. All I ask is people not judge my choice to go makeup free. It's your face, you should be free to do as you please with it.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I understand what you are saying, bc I have been judged for not wearing it. On occasions when I do wear it I've had people go over the top saying how much better I look with it and how I really should wear it ever day. It's rude and judgey. I personally think I look good enough without it, but judge others who feel more confident or just plain want to wear it. All I ask is people not judge my choice to go makeup free. It's your face, you should be free to do as you please with it.
    Tell them to go eat a dick.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards