Snarky Brides

The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

Re: The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

• Is that a typo, or did you actually get married in a living room fort? I have nothing against living room forts, I'm just confused.
    Whoops! ENGAGED! Not married! ;) 
  • cambryn said:
    Is that a typo, or did you actually get married in a living room fort? I have nothing against living room forts, I'm just confused.
    That makes 1000x more sense. I was imagining the officiant climbing under the clothes-pinned blankets to join you. ;)

• cambryn said:

Is that a typo, or did you actually get married in a living room fort? I have nothing against living room forts, I'm just confused.

That makes 1000x more sense. I was imagining the officiant climbing under the clothes-pinned blankets to join you. ;)

If that's in the job title, can I PLEASE sign up as an officiant?

As I'm having final fitting today - the new thing of skanky underwear or lack thereof pictures which are them broadcast on the internet. No. Just no. I have nothing against skanky underwear but those pictures are NOT going on the internet.
  • That makes 1000x more sense. I was imagining the officiant climbing under the clothes-pinned blankets to join you. ;) If that's in the job title, can I PLEASE sign up as an officiant? 
    If we elope and blanket fort it (family may make that happen!) you are SO the officiant! ;)

If that's in the job title, can I PLEASE sign up as an officiant? As I'm having final fitting today - the new thing of skanky underwear or lack thereof pictures which are them broadcast on the internet. No. Just no. I have nothing against skanky underwear but those pictures are NOT going on the internet.
    I completely agree. I don't want anyone seeing my underwear pics- and don't want there to even BE underwear pics. I can, somewhat, understand a lot of the trends I see- but that one... Is it a trend, or just like two pics that weren't even really for weddings that people are just pinning. No real people do that for their wedding, right? RIGHT? 

• Not pinterest, but found this centrepiece on a FB buy and sell page... wtf?
    What in the world? Surely it was filled with flowers or something originally, right? And whats that succulent/pineapple doing there? Confused.
  • I would actually do mason jars just because i own a lot of them and I collect glass jars.

I think pinterest is good and bad.

Its good when you don't really know what you want. As it gives you ideas for what to do.

Its bad in that if you already know what you want, it makes you think you need more and more. Like maybe you never wante to do favors and now you do.

And it makes you think about things you have never thought about before. Like I never really put much thought into centerpieces now i feel like i need too

• cambryn said:
    Not pinterest, but found this centrepiece on a FB buy and sell page... wtf?
    What in the world? Surely it was filled with flowers or something originally, right? And whats that succulent/pineapple doing there? Confused.
    You can grow a new pineapple from the top, I believe. Kind of like a potato. I don't know why you'd have that in the middle of a wood slice on your table, though. 
  • I find this thread comical. Everyone bashing on the burlap/lace and mason jars. Not too long ago everyone was monogramming EVERYTHING! Everyone was doing the cylindrical vase with submerged petals and floating candles. Popular colors were chocolate brown with pale blue/pale pink/ lavender. The list goes on and on. Its just a trend. Not really that big of a deal. If its done right with the right setting it works. I personally like the use of the mason jars but the venues I prefer are farm-like/outdoor/laid back.

Some of the pinterest ideas for mason jars do look tacky ie: "redneck wine glasses". 
    To each their own. Something you like I wont like but I wont bash on others for their choices.

I still can't stand anything monogrammed though lol.

• glitch104 said:
    I find this thread comical. Everyone bashing on the burlap/lace and mason jars. Not too long ago everyone was monogramming EVERYTHING! Everyone was doing the cylindrical vase with submerged petals and floating candles. Popular colors were chocolate brown with pale blue/pale pink/ lavender. The list goes on and on. Its just a trend. Not really that big of a deal. If its done right with the right setting it works. I personally like the use of the mason jars but the venues I prefer are farm-like/outdoor/laid back.

Some of the pinterest ideas for mason jars do look tacky ie: "redneck wine glasses". 
    To each their own. Something you like I wont like but I wont bash on others for their choices.

Do you understand what board you're on? It's meant to be snarky. 

Also, please see my siggy pic.

• glitch104 said:
    I find this thread comical. Everyone bashing on the burlap/lace and mason jars. Not too long ago everyone was monogramming EVERYTHING! Everyone was doing the cylindrical vase with submerged petals and floating candles. Popular colors were chocolate brown with pale blue/pale pink/ lavender. The list goes on and on. Its just a trend. Not really that big of a deal. If its done right with the right setting it works. I personally like the use of the mason jars but the venues I prefer are farm-like/outdoor/laid back.

Do you understand what board you're on? It's meant to be snarky. 

Also, please see my siggy pic.
    I guess I am blind. I just find this 32pg long thread comical overall. Its been a good read I will say the least. 

I actually giggled thinking about all the monogram crap. Some people take it over the top. 

• beethery said:

It's FUNNY. That's why this thread is here. It's nt that damn serious.
    I wasn't being overly serious. ALOT of what is posted in this thread dropped my jaw and think "who the fuck does that?" ie: The bridesmaids ass pics. What the hell are people thinking? How is THAT even a "trend"?

• I hate monogrammed crap too.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• What the fucking shit is this?! image
  • FUCKING NOPE.
  • cambryn said:
    Not pinterest, but found this centrepiece on a FB buy and sell page... wtf?
    You can grow a new pineapple from the top, I believe. Kind of like a potato. I don't know why you'd have that in the middle of a wood slice on your table, though. 
    I want to attend at least one wedding in my life where they use potatoes in centrepieces...

Mashed potatoes, raw potatoes, I don't care. It would amuse me.

I shit you not. This is one of the offerings at a florist I briefly looked into using (and then climbed right aboard the nope train right outta there). That is a vase filled with potatoes. 

WOW! Right when I thought I saw it all, TK boards deliver. I love it!!
  • @ashley8918 Those cake toppers are making me feel especially violent. The first one is questionable for sure, but that second one is fucking disgusting. 
    that is just creepy and strange looking. would not even want to go near it.
  • I'm also getting really sick of seeing "Ways to Propose to Your Bridesmaids!" posts on Pinterest.  
    Really?!  Call me cynical and no fun, but I just asked mine whenever I saw them after we got engaged.  When I asked my MOH, we were at a bar just hanging out, the bartender overheard us, and gave us each a drink on the house.
    Now isn't that much better than this shit?  (see pic)

my cousin did this, seriously over posting about the wedding. it is the most annoying thing ever. she posts everything 3 or 4 times on different social media outlets. its so bad i want to delete her because i hate seeing so many updates about her asking her bridal party. i will ask my bm's when i set a date and i will not over post it.

• ...I can't even find succinct words for this.  Why would you do this to yourself, to your guests?!   I can't even believe this is being "advertised" as a "good idea".  

I would be so confused both as a bride and a guest. Make it simple otherwise all people will do is complain.
  • Im getting tired of seeing the decorate the bathrooms. No one is seriously going to be spending that much time in the bathrooms. Id rather use that kind of money on other things more booze or something someone is going to enjoy more. Like favors etc.
  • CaliMel11 said:

The girl who pinned this captioned it with "6 RULES. I am dead serious about this. My friends better help him hahaha"  yeah, they better help him run while he can.  Would she look around for a hidden photographer, and start bitching when she didn't find one?  Or give the ring back because there was a chip in her nails?
    Hopefully the guy runs while he still can. I'm so tired of entitled people with crap like this. A photographer? Really? Why does everything have to be some huge production now?
    I agree. I think it's a special moment that you don't (or shouldn't) need photos to remember it by. My fiance actually did have a staff member from the hotel we were staying at when he proposed take some pictures, but she was basically hiding behind the dunes, ha ha. I CANNOT imagine asking or "demanding" that to have been done. I think that's ridiculous. Freaking entitlement!
  • 10 Creative Wedding Program Ideas - Fantabulously Frugal in NYC - Fantabulously Frugal in NYC

Went to a wedding over the weekend where the B&G used this exact program (literally only changed peoples' names) and on the back was more cutesy-hilarious program wording and the timeline of what happens during the ceremony ("we say some important stuff, exchange our bling, while y'all cry happy tears"). I know it's not the worst thing ever, but... no.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @peachy13

An acquaintance of mine did something similar but more... romantic, I guess. I do appreciate the twist on the standard program, for sure! But, to steal this exactly and just change names?  Nope! Nope. Nosireee. 

• a big trend in my area is not only burlap, lace and mason jar BUT cowboy boots with the wedding dress. They call it "Rustic Chic" 
    Please tell me others have seen this too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards