Chit Chat
Options

When you take off your rings,...

A previous post made me wonder:  where do you put your rings when you take them off?

When I get home from work, I put them in a little ring dish my FI got me when we got engaged.  I always take off all my jewelry at home.  It says "the Best is yet to come."  I keep it in there with the ring we bought the day we got engaged (we were taking mine to be reset after he proposed bc it was a family ring so we got something else that day because he wanted me to be able to wear something, it was hilarious texting my friends and family this weird rough crystal blue ring).  His good friends actually got us another dish that we can use for both our wedding bands with our initials and the lyrics to a bob dylan song (also a part of our engagement.)  At the gym, if I go before work so I shower there or straight from work, I keep a chain in my gym bag to wear it around my neck then.

Re: When you take off your rings,...

• Options
    Either in my back pocket if I'm just taking it off to do something quickly or back in it's original box.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    If I'm washing my hands at work or in public, it just goes in my pants pocket. At home, I have ring holders in the kitchen & bathroom. 
  • Options
    When I am in the kitchen and my rings need to come off, they go on the bar. If I am showering they go in the soap dish, unless i get undressed in the bedroom and then they go in my Pandora jewelry box. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I have a little dish that my great aunt hand-made and hand-painted that I inherited when she died. It's in my bedroom next to my bed. I always put my ring there. If I'm cooking and need to take the ring off, I go to the bedroom and put it exactly there. If I'm painting, same thing. Showering, same thing. That way there's no chance I can ever "misplace" it and go into a total panic not knowing where I put it. 
  • Options
    It either sits on the counter in the bathroom while I shower or it is on my ring holder next to my bed. 

• Options
    I take my rings off almost as soon as I get home from work or any errand run.  I have this dish on my make-up vanity and that is where they always go no matter what.

• Options
    My parents got me this jewlery tower a few years ago, so I keep my ring in there when I take it off. If I'm in the kitchen cooking or washing dishes, we have this rolling island thing with drawers. So I stick it in there.

I can't leave my ring in a pretty dish exposed, because of the cats. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I have a little dish that my great aunt hand-made and hand-painted that I inherited when she died. It's in my bedroom next to my bed. I always put my ring there. If I'm cooking and need to take the ring off, I go to the bedroom and put it exactly there. If I'm painting, same thing. Showering, same thing. That way there's no chance I can ever "misplace" it and go into a total panic not knowing where I put it. 
    I'm the same. The only reason why I am okay with the counter when I shower is because we keep our bathroom counter relatively clear, so it won't get lost in a mess of things and I put it back on right when I step out. Otherwise- next to my bed. 

• Options
    luckya23luckya23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014

I have ring holders all over the house, except in the most important rooms (kitchen and bathroom) for whatever reason.  Although, my mom got me one of those little gourds that I'm using as a ring holder in the kitchen at the moment.

I even have separate ring dishes on the two nightstands in my room so I don't have to move them if I sleep on a different side!

Here are a couple of my faves:image

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I have a two ring holders in the house so it's either in the bathtub one in the bathroom or the flower one in the kitchen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have a ring box on my dresser that I always put it in. Even if I'm working in the kitchen, I'll go to the bedroom to take my ring off and put it in the box. And I'm terrified of dropping it down the drain (even though it usually could be recovered) so I won't even take it off my finger in the bathroom or kitchen.  I'll wait until I get to the bedroom and it goes immediately from my finger to the box.

• Options
    So interesting! I never take of the wedding band, and the only time I take off my engagement ring is when I am working with meat or clay. It's not usually off for long, but if I can't slip it in my pocket or on a necklace, then it's going somewhere super obvious. 

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
    Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

• Options
    Yes, @lolo883, I give up the preferred side near the door when FI is home!  He works nights half the week, so that's when I get to starfish whereever I please and leave the TV on all night long!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I have a box on our nightstand that I put them in. I rest my glasses on top of the box so that I don't forget to put them on in the morning.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I agree with @lolo883

I wouldn't dare move to the other side. Pretty sure I would die in my sleep or something. 

• Options
    When I shower in the morning, it sits on top of my phone on the windowsill.

If I'm cleaning, it hangs on one of the window cranks in the kitchen where the cats can't mess with it.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I have this ring dish from Anthro that I put mine in when I take a shower, do my hair, and/or apply makeup/lotions. It lives on the bathroom counter.

I just set it on the kitchen counter (away from the sink) if I'm handling raw meat or anything else squicky. Apparently I'm a careless fuck... oh except I don't live on a boat or in a jungle hut, so I think it's perfectly safe there.

I LOVE this ring dish ! How long ago did you buy it??.. Wondering if I can find it online somewhere :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    loro929 said:
    I have this ring dish from Anthro that I put mine in when I take a shower, do my hair, and/or apply makeup/lotions. It lives on the bathroom counter.

I just set it on the kitchen counter (away from the sink) if I'm handling raw meat or anything else squicky. Apparently I'm a careless fuck... oh except I don't live on a boat or in a jungle hut, so I think it's perfectly safe there.

I LOVE this ring dish ! How long ago did you buy it??.. Wondering if I can find it online somewhere :)
    I bought it last December but they still sell it! <clicky>

• Options
    esstee33 said:
    luckya23 said:

I have ring holders all over the house, except in the most important rooms (kitchen and bathroom) for whatever reason.  Although, my mom got me one of those little gourds that I'm using as a ring holder in the kitchen at the moment.

I even have separate ring dishes on the two nightstands in my room so I don't have to move them if I sleep on a different side!

Here are a couple of my faves: 

What is this voodoo you speak of?! Sleep... on the OTHER side?!
    Right?! There is "my side" and "the wrong side." I only sleep on my side; I don't even venture into the middle when I sleep alone! 

I used to venture to the middle of the bed when DH was away on business, but his side has started to sag way, way more than my side even though we flip the mattress regularly - he's just that much bigger than I am. Now, I stay on my side of the bed for fear I'll be stuck if I roll into the rut he's created. Plus, my side is where the body-length heating pad is!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    DH put a littl hook on the wall in our bathroom. If I'm cooking, cleaning or day-to-day stuff where I'd take it off, then it goes there. When we leave to go on vacation, it goes in its box and into the gun safe. 

Also, @luckya23 - I totally starfish when DH is away on business. Which is now because he's in Japan and I have the whole bed to myself for another 3 weeks. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I have a ring holder that I got shortly after we got engaged from BB&B.

My mom had one of these when I was a kid, and I remember being totally puzzled by what it was.  It totally confused me.  If I'm out & about and need to take off my rings, I slip them onto my necklace.  For example, if H & I go out for wings, I'll take my rings off.  

For when I travel, I found this cute bag (but in black & silver)
  • Options
    Almost literally never leaves my finger, unless I'm taking a showering and washing my hair because I don't want it getting stuck, and then I just place in on the counter to go right back on my hand. At first I kept taking them on and off to wash hands and such, but just realised it didn't matter and wasn't worth it. I have such a fear of loseing them
  • Options
    Haha even when my FI is away, I still sleep on "my" side of the bed (the left.)  I'm so used to sleeping with him that I curl up on that side because he is a starfish.

I do steal his pillows though

• Options
    Mine lives on my bedroom vanity when I take it off to sleep. It goes on a counter just outside the bathroom when I'm putting on makeup/doing hair or when I'm cooking icky stuff (bathroom is off the kitchen).

When I'm playing sports, it goes in a zipper pocket in my purse, which is never left unattended by someone on the team.

When I'm at the gym (hahaha, jokes) it goes in the purse, locked in a locker with my own lock.

I should really get a cute dish to put it in for the bedroom and kitchen/bath.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    esstee33 said:
    luckya23 said:

Here are a couple of my faves: 

What is this voodoo you speak of?! Sleep... on the OTHER side?!
    Right?! There is "my side" and "the wrong side." I only sleep on my side; I don't even venture into the middle when I sleep alone! 

Haha ditto this! FI was away on a conference for a week and I slept way on the edge of my side. The dog got most of the bed. 
  • Options

For when I travel, I found this cute bag (but in black & silver)
    OMG! I was going to post the same photo. 
    I have this in silver and it's where my E ring and wraps live when not on my hand. I never take of my wedding band - it's plain platinum. My E ring spends as much time in that case as it does on my finger.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I have a ring box on my dresser that I always put it in. Even if I'm working in the kitchen, I'll go to the bedroom to take my ring off and put it in the box. And I'm terrified of dropping it down the drain (even though it usually could be recovered) so I won't even take it off my finger in the bathroom or kitchen.  I'll wait until I get to the bedroom and it goes immediately from my finger to the box.
    @princessleia22 Exactly this for me!! My mom scared the shit out of me by saying "You can always clean it but you're fucked if you lose it!" So I only take it off about 3 nights a week when I'm doing dishes by hand. I take it off in my bedroom, put it in the ringbox, then put it on immediately when I'm done. I would have a heart attack if it were sitting on the counter within 3 feet of a drain.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards