Chit Chat

I will never leave you ladies

larrygagalarrygaga member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited November 2014 in Chit Chat
I went on the nest and the answer to every relationship problem was divorce. Even the littler problems that could easily be solved!!! The advice was bad and made me cringe. You all always talked about the nest so I thought I would go for some drama, and I ended up being sad for these poor girls getting such god awful advice from internet therapists who already took their 101 psych class. I have seen that sort of thing here but it's few and far between, and usually negated by all the excellent advice.

I pursued Trouble in Paradise front page, that's about all I could handle. 

I will never move on to the advanced forums. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I will never leave you ladies

• Don't go to the Dark Side!!  ;)

• What is this "nest" you're talking about?
  • It's scary over there. 

• They are insane! 

H didn't do the dishes? DIVORCE.
    H wants to watch football? DIVORCE.
    H may or may not be having an affair? Don't bother finding out. DIVORCE.
  • "You have  DH problem"  They talk like the husband is a growth that needs to be removed.  

While I feel like in some cases divorce should be considered (ie: when you've tried EVERYTHING, if there's abuse, if there's serious and un-repairable breach of trust, if you are worried for the safety and security of your family etc) I find the suggestion gets thrown out a lot on certain forums.  I saw one where the wife was complaining about how her husband was working a lot of hours and she was eating alone quite a bit.  They suggested basically that she ditch the guy because he's cheating on her or something.  Like whaaat?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• "You have  DH problem"  They talk like the husband is a growth that needs to be removed.  

While I feel like in some cases divorce should be considered (ie: when you've tried EVERYTHING, if there's abuse, if there's serious and un-repairable breach of trust, if you are worried for the safety and security of your family etc) I find the suggestion gets thrown out a lot on certain forums.  I saw one where the wife was complaining about how her husband was working a lot of hours and she was eating alone quite a bit.  They suggested basically that she ditch the guy because he's cheating on her or something.  Like whaaat?

That was the one that made me write this thread. And the felony one! She wanted to leave her husband because his felony may or may not affect how much money he makes!!! GROSS
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    "You have  DH problem"  They talk like the husband is a growth that needs to be removed.  

That was the one that made me write this thread. And the felony one! She wanted to leave her husband because his felony may or may not affect how much money he makes!!! GROSS
    WHATWHATFUCKINGWHAT? UM. 
  • http://forums.thenest.com/discussion/12020178/felony-conviction-five-years-into-marriage

Okay, so I guess there is some lying but I can see why he would be uncomfortable telling her the truth. She is a bitch!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• lol I wrote 'un-repairable'  Gold, you loser.  It's irreparable.  LOL Im getting more coffee now....

• What do you mean your H didn't wash his socks???!!! Leave immediately! Contact your lawyers, go stay with your MOM!!! Larry, have you been reading Tarpon's posts again?...You poor thing, come here I'll give you a hug. She's a little aggressive lol

LMAO Oh, Tarpy...

I wonder what she's like in real life.....

• What do you mean your H didn't wash his socks???!!! Leave immediately! Contact your lawyers, go stay with your MOM!!! Larry, have you been reading Tarpon's posts again?...You poor thing, come here I'll give you a hug. She's a little aggressive lol

LMAO Oh, Tarpy...

I imagine a sorta dumpy pasty young girl that's really quiet. But inside she is seething with rage.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    What do you mean your H didn't wash his socks???!!! Leave immediately! Contact your lawyers, go stay with your MOM!!! Larry, have you been reading Tarpon's posts again?...You poor thing, come here I'll give you a hug. She's a little aggressive lol

LMAO Oh, Tarpy...

I imagine a sorta dumpy pasty young girl that's really quiet. But inside she is seething with rage.
    I pictured her as an older woman.  Also pasty.

• I guess old or young I also pictured her as having not much of a social life. Her overreactions make me thing that there is no way she has friends
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    What do you mean your H didn't wash his socks???!!! Leave immediately! Contact your lawyers, go stay with your MOM!!! Larry, have you been reading Tarpon's posts again?...You poor thing, come here I'll give you a hug. She's a little aggressive lol

LMAO Oh, Tarpy...

I pictured her as an older woman.  Also pasty.
    Good ol' Tarpy...she sounds mostly very bitter. Get off my lawn!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    http://forums.thenest.com/discussion/12017674/bad-fight-while-driving-would-you-have-gotten-mad

Leave your boyfriend for acting stupid while drunk

Getting drunk and acting stupid makes you an alcoholic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited November 2014
    I feel I would leave my husband if he ever kept from me that he had committed a serious crime. But it also depends on the crime. Even a DUI, I would forgive if he changed his path, but something like a hit and run, I could never forgive. Something like a hit and run shows a willingness  to avoid trouble at the ultimate cost to someone else). Burglary, like in the post, it didn't seem like he was doing it anymore, and people make god awful mistakes when they are younger.
       True love is hard to find, and mutual respect is harder to find.  Why throw it all away because a great guy might not make as much money as you, just because of something he did in the past? This might seem sexist, but it seems like more women are less tolerant of a man making less than them.  I find more men are accepting if a woman makes less than them. Maybe I'm wrong.  Women on the knot don't seem to be that way, but in my area, most women would scorn a man for making less than her. I hope this nestie gets burned by the new guy.
  • Sometimes when I am SUPER bored, I will pop on over to The Nest. The drama makes a slow work day move a little faster.

But yeah, I'm never posting over there.
  • Drunk on sangria of all things.  

• Those threads! The nest makes me sad, too. I echo you, Larry, I am never leaving TK! It is nice and warm here and we have wine.
  • DH is filing the divorce as I speak because I drank too much wine the other day.  Clearly I need help.
    larrygaga said:
    http://forums.thenest.com/discussion/12017674/bad-fight-while-driving-would-you-have-gotten-mad Leave your boyfriend for acting stupid while drunk Getting drunk and acting stupid makes you an alcoholic
    Every single person I know is an alcoholic. All of them. Myself included.

• Coincidentally I wandered over to The Nest last night and it blew my mind. I can't believe the advice over there. It's like divorce is a "great threat" nowadays. "Oh just threaten to leave him, he'll smarten up." WTF.

I had a girlfriend who threatened to divorce her husband of 3 weeks because he wanted to hang out with a (male) friend of his who gave said friend a "dirty look" one time before they were married.  SERIOUSLY. This is the same friend that stopped speaking to me and quit being my BM because we wanted her to try on dresses and purchase before March for an April wedding.

I honestly feel like sometimes women who are in relationships just want the wedding and don't think about the commitment and the meaning behind it. They just want the big party. Roar. //rantover
  • It's almost painful to read through and impossible to take seriously.  I wasn't a super active poster here (longtime lurker) til a couple months after my wedding in July.  I figured I'd head over there becuase it "should" be more relevant to my newly married self.....big mistake!!!  The ladies on here are awesome.  I've honestly wondered if the Nest is really just one person posting under hundreds of screen names because the "advice" is so robotic. 
  • If you run an IP check over on TN all the usernames originate from attorney offices.

Oh my god
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• The Nest is so accurately named. I just think of an aviary full of squawky, pecky birds who like to shit on you and your happiness.
    That's because you aren't happy! No one can be happy! Surely there's something you could divorce your husband over. Does he cheer for a different sports team? Perhaps wears mis-matched socks? There's something, you just gotta look for it and then fixate on it.

Then after you get divorced you can get another guy and come back to TK and plan a new wedding! Its a conspiracy. 
  • Tarpy is in her fuckin' element over there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards