Re: Getting to know yooouu.

• edited September 2014
    Significant Other's Age: 40
    What You Do: Government Office Employee
    What SO Does: Tells Engineers to move trains around
    State of Relationship: It's complicated
    How Long You've Been Together: Over 8 yrs
    How You Met: LARP (geeky, I know)
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): TBD (Read: It's complicated)
    Real Babies: I have none, he has 2 from a prior marriage.
    Fur Babies: 4.5 yr old Siberian Husky (my college grad present) named Anya.  
    Loves:  Designing, Sewing, Costuming, Reading, Being Outside, Modeling, Planning (anything, not weddings in particular)
    Hates: Spiders, Mold, Feeling judged, Stupid people, People beating around the bush
    Pet Peeves: Stupid people, leaving the TP roll empty, not owning up to your mistakes
    Hobbies/Activities: We met through a mutual love for games but don't do it often anymore, he enjoys working on cars and smashing them in derbies & races, I enjoy reading and cosplaying
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: 90% of the time he's a no BS kind of guy
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: 90% of the time he's a no BS kind of guy :)
    Describe Your Personality: Quirky
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 4-8, depending on who I'm with
    I've Been On TK Since: Since we were talking about getting married originally
    How You Came to Be On TK: I think I googled wedding forums
    How I like my potatoes: Baked and lightly seasoned
    Favorite book/author: Tamora Pierce
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I spent my college internship travelling the Eastern & Midwestern United States as well as parts of Southeast Asia.

This is actually my second post on this thread.  My FI & I have been together for a long time.  I've known I've wanted to marry him since 2009, but I've been super patient with him because he's a divorcee and I wasn't in a hurry where I *needed* to get married for any particular reason.  Our relationship hit a rough spot about two years ago and we ended up cancelling our wedding - at one point it was more like we were roommates.  Counseling was had and we've been much better with our communication and working on issues as they come up than we had been prior to our problems.  I think it really woke both of us up and made us realize that we're worth fighting for all around: ourselves, each other, and as a couple.  Age, surprisingly to me after all this time, is finally a factor for the first time in our relationship.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Screen Name:  Futuremrshistorian

Significant Other's Age: 44

What You Do: Grad student/adjunct prof

What SO Does: He's an analyst.

State of Relationship: We've decided to get married and talked about a timeline (shooting for next Spring...I usually hang out over on the May 2015 board).  He still wants to do a big surprise proposal, though, and his job keeps him overseas a lot of the time, so...everything is kind of in the air.  I'm comfortable planning because he told me (direct quote): "You know how my job works...I'll give you a ring and then have to leave 2 months later.  Go ahead and plan what you want, because I want you to have the wedding of your dreams."

How Long You've Been Together: 3ish years.  We sort of lapsed from best friends to a couple slowly over time.

How You Met: I took his class to meet one of my PhD requirements.  We were both seeing other people, but became friends, and then, when we were both single, decided to pursue a personal rather than professional relationship.

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):  We've talked about next May.

Real Babies: He has two kids from a previous marriage; I have two nephews that are my current babies.

Fur Babies: A lhasa apso that is convinced Mr. Historian is much better than me and sleeps on his side of the bed when he's gone.

Loves: Reading, writing, Zumba (I'm an instructor), ballet, working on my house, ice cream. 

Hates: Tomatoes, and driving over bridges.

Pet Peeves: People who don't use their turn signals!

Hobbies/Activities: Does watching Netflix and drinking wine count?

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is the absolute kindest person I have ever met.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can be really quiet, and sometimes doesn't stick up for himself.

Describe Your Personality: Extrovert, very few secrets, excitable.  I have bipolar disorder, so I'm constantly dealing with emotional ups and downs and trying to advocate for others with the same illness but who might not want to be open about it.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  Before I filter myself, about an 8.  But I usually try to filter and end up at about a 5.

I've Been On TK Since: I joined a few years ago when my ex and I were talking seriously about getting married.  After we called everything off, I closed my account, then rejoined about a week ago.

How You Came to Be On TK: Both of my sisters have been married in the past 4 years.  And, see above.

How I like my potatoes:  Eat ALL the potatoes!  Noms.  These days I bake a sweet potato and then sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon on it.

Favorite book/author: Orhan Pamuk, The Museum of Innocence.  Or, Barbara Kingsolver's Poisonwood Bible.  This is a pretty serious topic for me.  I majored in history and taught English for years.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: really love camels.
  • Screen Name: LadyAnnibal
    Significant Other's Age: 24
    What You Do: Switching from commercial driver to entertainment at a theme park
    What SO Does: Manager at AutoZone
    State of Relationship: Not married
    How Long You've Been Together: Dating for 3 months known each other for 7 months
    How You Met: I bumped into him at orientation at our job
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Not yet!
    Real Babies: None ):
    Fur Babies: 2; Manny and Hera
    Loves: Books, Disney, and crafts
    Hates: Roller coasters, large crowds, lasagna
    Pet Peeves: people who sneeze and don't cover their mouths, ew!
    Hobbies/Activities: Sewing, reading, writing, basic graphic design and coding, baking
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: I love that he is very family oriented
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His ADD drives me nuts sometimes, focus!
    Describe Your Personality: Quiet at first, very sarcastic and sassy, and wise for my age.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I'd say about a 6
    I've Been On TK Since: Just joined a few days ago, but I read the magazine
    How You Came to Be On TK: I traveled from TB
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed or fried!
    Favorite book/author: My favorite book is Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite, but my favorite author is James Patterson
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: At one time I had 11 cats
  • Screen Name:  feedthefelines

Significant Other's Age: 28

What You Do: Reception Lead at a veterinary hospital

What SO Does: 911 Dispatcher

State of Relationship: Living together a year and a half, in the process of buying a house together

How Long You've Been Together: 2 years and 7 months

How You Met: We met online and found out we worked for sister companies and had a lot of acquaintances in common

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): N/A

Real Babies: None

Fur Babies: 3 cats and a dog

Loves: cats, reading, wine, tea, candles, hiking, dinner parties, gardening

Hates: slow drivers, bad grammar

Pet Peeves: people with no phone skills, slow computers

Hobbies/Activities: hiking, gardening, reading, spending time with friends and family, cooking, snowshoeing

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's so much more organized than I am, and he's incredibly patient

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's a late sleeper

Describe Your Personality: Quiet around strangers, loud around friends

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 4

I've Been On TK Since: I think early 2012 when I thought I was going to marry my ex. Then I found TK again when I was looking for real estate advice over at The Nest.

How You Came to Be On TK: see above

How I like my potatoes: German potato salad! 

Favorite book/author: Diana Gabaldon lately
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: If I visit Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Alaska I'll have been to all 50 states.
  • Screen Name: Emberdragon
    Significant Other's Age: 27
    What You Do: Dispatcher/Cook
    What SO Does: Industrial Designer
    State of Relationship: Talking seriously about marriage but no proposal yet
    How Long You've Been Together: 5 years
    How You Met: Work/Study job in college
    Fur Babies: Fancy Dumbo Rat (4 years)
    Loves: outdoor activities, animals, dancing
    Hates: discrimination, racism, sexism
    Pet Peeves: overintellegence.
    Hobbies/Activities: Belly dance, kayaking ,scrapbooking, photography, Paintball, etc.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He chose me
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He doesn't act on all of his plans/dreams
    Describe Your Personality: Blunt, thoughtful, sometimes abrasive
    I've Been On TK Since: ??
    How You Came to Be On TK: My sister is getting married
    How I like my potatoes: cubed and boiled.
    Favorite book/author: Enders Game
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am a belly dancer who also loves paintball
  • msplannerkcmsplannerkc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2014
    Hi! I'm new here so I thought I'd introduce myself!

Screen Name: MsPlannerKC

Significant Other's Age: 28

What You Do: Urban Planner

What SO Does: Construction Wholesales

State of Relationship: Great!

How Long You've Been Together: 2.25 years (live together for just over 1)

How You Met: He was my neighbor in high school--then reconnected on... Facebook (hangs head in shame ;) ). 

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Nope, not yet!

Real Babies: 0

Fur Babies:1, Parker, 4yo yorkie

Loves: coffee, traveling, Kate Spade, my iPhone, cities, Pinterest

Hates:  country music, blue cheese, people who chew with their mouths open

Pet Peeves: stupid questions (ie: ones that could easily be answered though a little research or should be common sense), bad grammar

Hobbies/Activities: reading, yoga...does shopping count? How about Netflix?

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His sense of humor and general love of life

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he gets "show-off-y" when he's nervous 

Describe Your Personality: pretty quiet and serious but I LOVE to laugh. My family and friends are everything to me.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): This snark goes to 11

I've Been On TK Since: TODAY!

How You Came to Be On TK: Coming out of the pre-engagement-lurking-shadows

How I like my potatoes: mashed with cheese

Favorite book/author: The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald and (currently) The Dinner by Herman Koch 
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm a vegetarian and make a mean lasagna

Excited to get to know you ladies!
  • Screen Name: happyleigh92
    Significant Other's Age: 23
    What You Do: Part Time/College Student
    What SO Does: He doesn't know I exist!
    State of Relationship: Waiting...
    How Long You've Been Together: Known each other for years, but live 3,000 miles apart
    How You Met: I was visiting Chicago
    Fur Babies: 1
    Loves: Colors...bright colors
    Hates: Shallow people
    Pet Peeves: twisted collars
    Hobbies/Activities: Reading
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's so open
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He lives 3,000 miles away
    Describe Your Personality: Childish
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Oh 10. I'm very snarky
    I've Been On TK Since: Don't even know. Joined fooling around way back and just remembered it when I was think of SO
    How You Came to Be On TK: Fooling around
    How I like my potatoes: They're potatoes. I'll eat them no matter...
    Favorite book/author: God! (Bible) Nicholas Sparks, Jane Austen, Francine Rivers
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have a whole story for SO and I. It's complicated! You should totally ask...
  • Screen Name: I think jumiadeyinka........hmmm hope that's right!

Significant Other's Age: 34 (I love the 10 yr age difference!)

What You Do: Nurse

What SO Does: Software Architect (programmer)/ Filmmaker 

State of Relationship: Both already decided to get married Oct next yr, just waiting 'patiently' for the BUG surprise proposal

How Long You've Been Together5 yrs.

How You Met: Church, my dad was a guest Pastor at his church and my whole family visited that fateful Sunday.

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Not engaged yet but next Oct. (2015)

Real Babies: None. 

Fur Babies: None.

Loves: Too many,,,,love worshiping at our church, love HIM (of course) my familia, my very few but wonderful friends. I love red wine, Chinese food, banana bread, pancakes, CSI, anything sweet, the perfect spring weather in Houston.Taking loooooong vacations. Wedding planning, it's actually fun. Relationship audiobooks.

Hates: lack of sleep, feeling the need to impress people, being disappointed. Judgemental ppl, Doing laundry, going back to school, mushrooms, mushrooms, and mushrooms!

Pet Peeves: Bad drivers, negative people, liars.

Hobbies/Activities: Reading, researching random stuff online, blogging, doing makeup (I'm a freelance MUA) cooking etc

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is the saner one of us two, I get so overwhelmingly over my own head. He is the funniest person. He definitely knows how to diffuse an angry situation with me. He's very caring, dedicated and extremely loyal. I can 100% say I will ever have to worry about him being unfaithful. I could go on and on about him forever but then y'all will get sick of me! LOL 

Describe Your PersonalityI'm one of thos ppl who can get along with almost anyone, as long as you're not a negative nancy. I’m both an extrovert/introvert. I can be outgoing and work a room like no other but after a while I do get exhausted and NEED my alone time, I get social fatigue so easily. 

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): With family/friends 5-6, with strangers,I try to keep it pretty low from 1-2.

I've Been On TK Since: Jan this yr.

How You Came to Be On TK: Google, I think

How I like my potatoes: Oven fried with sea salt and truffle oil.......yeaaah, I'm sorta a foodie!

Favorite book/author: Dan Brown, I've been reading a lot of mystery, scifi and romance lately

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I almost became a pro soccer player

• ashmo24ashmo24 member
    edited October 2014
    Screen Name: ashmo24 (Ashley)
    Age: 23 almost 24 (super juvenile but it's like a couple weeks, honest)
    Significant Other's Age: 22 almost 23 (again, just a couple weeks away)
    What You Do: marina dockmaster/ architect student
    What SO Does: 2L (law student)
    State of Relationship: bf/gf living together for a year now
    How Long You've Been Together: 6 years
    How You Met: a summer program for high schoolers who for some reason wanted to take extra classes
    Real Babies: none
    Fur Babies: 1 cat
    Loves: art, sailing, literature, food, traveling, being comfy
    Hates: passive aggressiveness, intolerance, hardxcore traditionalists
    Pet Peeves: messy home
    Hobbies/Activities: NYC stuff and the occasional Minnesota trip
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: his super blue eyes and all-around best friend ability
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: typical messy guy. nothing I can't handle!
    Describe Your Personality: mellow but passionate. admittedly romantic though it does lead to criticism or disappointment (I have yet to be convinced living in Manhattan isn't all it's cracked up to be, though! I love it here)
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): hmm 5. I just don't want to get into a tizzy, ya know?
    I've Been On TK Since: a few weeks ago
    How You Came to Be On TK: it's been 6 years and we want to get engaged soon
    How I like my potatoes: mashed with garlic and LOTS of butter. I like butter.
    Favorite book/author: couldn't be bothered to choose. I like when characters are really developed. dull characters are the worst
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I love the movie Fargo because it reminds me of my homeland.
  • edited October 2014

Screen Name: Solsticegirl761

Significant Other's Age: 31

What You Do: Accounting
    What SO Does: Mortgage Banker
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 1/2 years

State of relationship: : Living together for about 4 years now
    How You Met: We met through a car racing club at one the meetings
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Don't have one
    Fur Babies: 2 dogs a Corgi and a Cocker Spaniel and 1 cat
    Loves: Cooking and baking, gardening, sports cars
    Hates:  Rude people

Pet Peeves: people who wear sandals or flips flops even when they are in desperate need of a pedicure
    Hobbies/Activities: Cooking, reading, running, driving sports cars
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's just the sweetest guy so kind hearted
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He doesn't put things up after using them
    I've Been On TK Since: I think July 2014 or so
    How You Came to Be On TK: Got on here because I thought BF was going to propose for sure soon but I'm still waiting. Hoping for a holiday proposal sigghhh
    How I like my potatoes: mashed with lots of real butter
    Favorite book/author: Stephen King

• Screen Name: AlPacina 

Significant Other's Age: 25

What You Do: Electrical Engineer

What SO Does: Works for a steel fabrication company

State of Relationship: We're dating and living together. Not engaged yet, but talking about it.

How Long You've Been Together: Next month will be the 2 year mark

How You Met: Internet dating site

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): No idea. We agree that we will probably get married in 2016.

Real Babies: Nope

Fur Babies: We adopted a pup this year!

Loves: Broadway shows, backpacking, dogs (all of them), beer, autumn, pandas, button up shirts 

Hates: Criticism, cilantro, chickens, Kristen Stewart's breathing thing

Pet Peeves: People not using cruise control or turn signals, people assuming I love their baby and want to hold it

Hobbies/Activities: Running, homebrewing, baking, singing, playing guitar, hiking, reading

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He gets me to take chances and try new things that I wouldn't have even considered doing before I met him.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He doesn't like to make plans. At all.

Describe Your Personality: I'm extremely talkative. I love to try and relate to whoever I'm around as much as possible. I am normally in an extremely cheery mood, but when I disappoint people I can get pretty down on myself.  

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2? I don't know. If I have something to say back to someone else being snarky I'll typically just get really quiet instead.

I've Been On TK Since: This summer, I suppose. I only just made an account in October though.

How You Came to Be On TK: Googling wedding stuff, just to look. I got sick of Pinterest.

How I like my potatoes: Garlic and mashed, with a medium-rare steak on the side. 

Favorite book/author: Where the Red Fern Grows. It's the only book that's ever made me cry. Plus I love dogs.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I can move one eye at a time.

• Screen Name: MissNicaJenn

Significant Other's Age: 36

What You Do: Case Manager/Rehab Specialist

What SO Does: Delivery Driver while doing his Recording Engineer internship

State of Relationship: Living together, already decided we're getting married after my school is done so looks like 2-3 years but I would marry him today! :)

How Long You've Been Together: We started dating March 2013 and he courted me for 9 months, officially his gf on Jan.1,14 so all together 1 year and 7 months.

How You Met: He walked up to me at a social event and told me if we weren't married to other people in 20 years he wanted to marry me lol

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): I'm hoping late 2016-early 2017 due to me finishing school

Real Babies: One adorable step son who will be 11 next month :)

Fur Babies: Not yet 

Loves: Food, music, sleeping, spending time with our families, 2nd chances, fate

Hates: People judging others on mistakes of their past, green bell peppers,  

Pet Peeves: People who act so religious but are spawns of satans...

Hobbies/Activities: Dancing, writing poetry, cooking, being sarcastic

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His intelligence and passion for music.  He is seriously a music encyclopedia!

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: T.V addiction

Describe Your Personality: I'm an empath so I can be very upbeat and sociable but if I'm overwhelmed I can be a hermit. I have a big personality, SO says that's one of the reasons he fell in love with me.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  Depends on what the situation is but I've been known to be a 10. lol

I've Been On TK Since: Since July when it was pretty obvious I should plan a wedding lol

How You Came to Be On TK: It's an amazing website

How I like my potatoes: All ways!  

Favorite book/author: Go Ask Alice

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've lived two lifes in one lifetime.

I was swimming
    My eyes were dark
    'til you woke me
    And told me that opening
    is just the start
    It was
    Now I see you, 'til kingdom come
    You're the one I want
    to see me for all 
    the stupid shit I've done

• Screen Name: Gthing1978
    Significant Other's Age:  33
    What You Do:  Clinical Forensic Psychologist
    What SO Does:  Clinical Social Worker (forensic)
    State of Relationship:  ring has been purchased… waiting for it to be on my finger ;)
    How Long You've Been Together:  we have been BFFs for a year and a half, we have been romantically involved for 6 months
    How You Met: work
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):  looking at the weekend of 8/22/15
    Real Babies: I have 4, he has 1
    Fur Babies: 1 (Brian)
    Loves: travel, cooking, reading, writing, shopping
    Hates:  being sleep deprived
    Pet Peeves:  lateness
    Hobbies/Activities:  see loves
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:  the way he approaches life by jumping in head first
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  that he is sometimes absent minded
    Describe Your Personality:  I am a passionate, goal oriented, planner
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  7
    I've Been On TK Since:  2 months
    How You Came to Be On TK:  it kept coming up on searches for things I was looking for
    How I like my potatoes:  mashed w/ gravy :)
    Favorite book/author:  I love The Summer House by Jude Deveroux
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I am writing a book about the relationship between myself any my groom… the story of us is one I am sure you have not heard before!!!  

• Screen Name: Knottie
    Significant Other's Age: 34
    What You Do: Save the World
    What SO Does: Sells houses
    State of Relationship: LIving together
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 years
    How You Met: I caught the bouquet and he caught the garter at a mutual friend's wedding :-)
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 2015 sometime (hopefully!)
    Real Babies: nope
    Fur Babies: nope
    Loves: wine, cheese, chocolate, sun, football, running
    Hates: mean people
    Pet Peeves: others eating off my plate
    Hobbies/Activities: running/working out, TV, travelling, books
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's the nicest person I've ever met. (Honestly)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can't be rushed
    Describe Your Personality: Type A with B flourishes.....
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 4.5
    I've Been On TK Since: September
    How You Came to Be On TK: Looking at e-rings, starting to think about wedding planning
    How I like my potatoes: American fries
    Favorite book/author: Gone With the Wind
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I can Irish Dance
  • missxasiamissxasia member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    Screen Name: MissAsia
    Significant Other's Age: 27
    What You Do: Restaurant industry but going back to school next year for nursing
    What SO Does: District Manager in restaurant industry
    State of Relationship: NEY but have briefly discussed it
    How Long You've Been Together: 3 years
    How You Met: At work (I was not a fan of his lol)
    Real Babies: 1 daughter (not biologically his)
    Fur Babies: 1 10 month old "Pibble"
    Loves: Food & football
    Hates: Liars, BSL
    Pet Peeves: People who repeat the same thing over and over
    Hobbies/Activities: Watching tv, reading, cooking, spending time with friends, and my daughter and bf
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: I feel safe with him
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He was an only child lol
    Describe Your Personality: Introverted, loyal, rough, a "smart ass", caring, listener
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 10
    I've Been On TK Since: Last month(?)
    How You Came to Be On TK: Probably searching through something on Google
    How I like my potatoes: Red, roasted, and seasoned nicely
    Favorite book/author: Coldest Winter Ever
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I quit my job making pretty good money about 2 months ago to be able to spend more time with my daughter/family.
  • edited October 2014
    Screen Name: jb221
    What You Do: Student, looking for PT work.
    Loves: Animals, weddings, etc.
    Hates: Rudeness, lying, etc.
    Pet Peeves: Excessive smoking/drinking, etc.
    Hobbies/Activities: Reading, Working towards my goal weight, etc.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: Everything about him.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His insecurities about himself.
    Describe Your Personality: I don't even know.
    Snark Level: 1-5 depending on the day.
    I've Been On TK Since: Around August.
    How You Came to Be On TK: Wanted to plan my wedding early so I did an online search.
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed.
    Favorite book/author: The Hobbit/J.R.R. Tolkien
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm working towards being a Forensic Tech.
  • edited October 2014
    Screen Name: Knottie73924718

What You Do: I work 3 vvery different jobs, mom to 4 kids, school, and church. 
    What SO Does: he drives me crazy. :)
    State of Relationship:  we are just kind of getting started in a relationship
    How Long You've Been Together: Oct. 16th
    How You Met: at church.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): not applicable
    Real Babies: I have 4 (16, 14,14, & 11)
    Fur Babies: 1 cat, 2 dogs
    Loves: food, adventure, quality time with kids, family, friends, and church
    Hates: laziness & missed commitments (appointment and such.)
    Pet Peeves: people that leave their trash on top of an empty trash can LOL
    Hobbies/Activities: crafts, animals, sports (Cowboys!), 
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's a gentleman (old school style)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: I don't have one yet .. HAHA give it time
    Describe Your Personality: always like to be prepared for big things, easy going, outspoken, and happy.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 3
    I've Been On TK Since: 2 weeks
    How You Came to Be On TK:  Looked amazing and needed some possible ideas
    How I like my potatoes: mashed with garlic and butter
    Favorite book/author: left behind series, twilight series, babysitter series
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I look forward to finding my forever.. I have started an email address that only I know and record things that are meaningful (kind of like a new age "Notebook" The movie).  & IF we get married he will get the password. :) 
    If it doesn't work out then I have these awesome memories and photos to remember the great times I had in my life.
  • ReadandRun92ReadandRun92 member
    edited November 2014
    Screen Name: Readandrun92

What You Do: EMT
    What SO Does: Navy
    State of Relationship:  Dating, talking about engagement/marriage
    How Long You've Been Together: 9 months this month. 
    How You Met: We were in the same EMS class together.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): not applicable
    Fur Babies: None yet
    Loves: Delicious foods, dogs, archery, hiking, travel, reading, crochet, music
    Hates: Drama, people that can't drive, odd numbers
    Pet Peeves: Being spoken down to,  being nagged
    Hobbies/Activities: Crochet, reading, listening to music, running (Mostly 5ks, but I've done half marathons and 10ks as well)
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: It's difficult to pick just one, he and I have very similar tatses, we both enjoy reading and music but to have to pick just one I think I have to say his wit.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Distance, he and I live a ways apart but we are coping.
    Describe Your Personality: Um, I suppose my personality is kind of humor driven. I alway try to make people laugh or put them in a good mood, I put a lot of value in traits like honesty and honor. 
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 7
    I've Been On TK Since: Quite sometime, at least a year I think.
    How You Came to Be On TK:  Best friend is engaged, I'm her MOH
    How I like my potatoes: I've yet to meet a potato I didn't like.
    Favorite book/author: Thomas Harris, John Green, The Silence of The Lambs, Hannibal, The Fault in Our Stars, Paper Towns, Looking for Alaska, The Bronze Horseman - Paulina Simmons
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am working on getting back in to running, which I do with my family we have a few set races that we always do. We always do at least one Warrior Dash 5K, and we always do a Toys for Tots 5K on Thanksgiving morning. I don't know if I will ever do a full marathon but I have done one half marathon so that is progress. 
  • Screen Name: Brandi
    Significant Other's Age:30
    What You Do: I'm in the Navy
    What SO Does: He's in the Navy
    State of Relationship: Newly engaged
    How Long You've Been Together:3 1/2 years
    How You Met:in bootcamp
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):9-5-2016
    Real Babies:1 daughter 2 1/2 year old
    Fur Babies:none :(
    Loves: God, reading, photography
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: What an amazing father he is, he goes out of his way to make us smile no matter what type of day we're having
    Describe Your Personality: pretty laid back, I can be very anti social at times
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):8

• Hello there! Been lurking for a while, first post. Hope to get to know more of you over the course of time, particularly since I feel like I'm gonna be NEY for a good few years, which is fine by me! We'd like to have stability first, if at all possible. Vaguely stable. A lil' bit of money. We tell each other that it's all for "the tiny house," our next big life goal. I'm SO excited to share my first home with my boyfriend! Anyway. The list!

Screen Name: ourladyofpotato

Significant Other's Age: 22

What You Do: Cashier, for now!

What SO Does: Frozen department guy, studying to be a history teacher

State of Relationship: Pretty serious! We've been best friends for years. We want to be best friends for years more.

How Long You've Been Together: Four months! It feels like forever.

How You Met: We have the same best friend. He's a filmmaker and he and I direct and write and act in a webseries. Anthony (the BF) was an actor in that series. When I first met him, I didn't have an opinion of him, but the more I got to know him... the more I hated him.
    He was an arrogant, judgemental prick and I let everyone know what I thought of him. Turned out that pretty much everyone else felt the same way, but over time, he grew on them and they became best friends. For a long time, that wasn't happening for me! I still couldn't bear to be around him.

Wasn't the same for him, though. He loved me almost at first sight and worked tirelessly to win my affections, but all he succeeded in doing was consistently upsetting and offending me. After a while, though, he seemed to change for the better. I didn't feel judged anymore. He took interest in my problems and helped me with them. He says, "I wanted to get to know you - I didn't know anything about you. You were the one person I couldn't peg." And that was on purpose. I didn't want him to know about me because that's just more for him to sit around judging and psychoanalyzing.

One day I was just so angry I let loose on him on the phone. I told him everything I couldn't stand about him. He said he just wanted to get to know me, and could we please hang out some time? I thought, maybe I'm being a little unfair. Maybe I should give him one chance. So I let him take me to Applebees.

It was the most wonderful dinner of my life.

Later I took him to Six Flags for a day trip. I told him about myself, my problems, the things going on in my life. He sat next to me on the rapids ride and told me that it would be okay while occasionally getting owned by a big splash of freezing water. I trusted him for the first time on the rapids ride. A few hours later, I kissed him for the first time on the monorail.

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): If all goes well, talk to me in 2019 or 2020.

Real Babies: Lord, no. Not yet.

Fur Babies: McKenna the Cavalier!

Loves: Those shit TV shows on TLC, especially Say Yes To The Dress and Something Borrowed. My dog, good food, video games. Anthony and our best friend Dustin.

Hates: Assholes, passive aggression, carrots.

Pet Peeves: I couldn't list these without encountering it. Then I would remember, and be like "Yes, that is a pet peeve of mine!" The only thing I can think of right now is how on Say Yes To The Dress in the wedding footage at the end, they always play the same god damn song. It's not even a good song.

Hobbies/Activities: Pfft, working. TV and video games during my down time. It's my relaxation method. Browsing The Knot.

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He tries so hard to make me happy! I think he's wonderful.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He occasionally shouts the same stupid lyric from the same stupid song at random times and if I could erase his memory of that song and actively prevent him from re-hearing it I totally would.

Describe Your Personality: Frank, people-pleaser, a little pretentious sometimes. Excitable, genuine, impatient.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 3

I've Been On TK Since: October 18

How You Came to Be On TK: When I got way too excited about the potential wedding between Anthony and I that won't even happen for five years.

How I like my potatoes: In the likeness of Our Lady. (I started a joke with the Tumblr Catholics that spiralled into insanity, you can find it here.

Favorite book/author: Probably The Belgariad/Malloreon series by David Eddings.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I don't even like potatoes that much.
  • Screen Name: Wow, drawing a blank here.
    Significant Other's Age: 26
    What You Do: Intermodal Dispatcher
    What SO Does: Foreman @ Beer Company
    State of Relationship: Living & parenting together
    How Long You've Been Together: 7 1/2 years
    How You Met: in JHS, reconnected in College via MySpace
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):
    Real Babies: A baby boy, Cameron who's 1 1/2.
    Fur Babies: None, but hopefully one day.
    Loves: Fall weather, coffee, good books, lazy days
    Hates: Frosting, Long lines, Rude Individuals
    Pet Peeves: Chewing loudly, talking on the phone too loudly, can you please be quiet?!
    Hobbies/Activities: Reading, Playing Video Games, Netflix Binges, Working out, Cooking
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: The fact that he is my best friend and the one person who I can talk to about anything and everything.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His missing romance bone.
    Describe Your Personality: Laid back and easy going and fun
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5
    I've Been On TK Since: Wednesday, 11/19/14
    How You Came to Be On TK: I loved being on a birth board for my son and wanted to find a place where I could meet women in similar situations, seek and give advice and share our love & life journeys.
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed, Baked or Fried with lots of toppings- cheese, bacon & sour cream mmmm
    Favorite book/author: I love the Hunger Games series, Jodi Picoult, Sophie Kinsella and of course HP!  
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I can hold forearm plank for 60 seconds. This is a new accomplishment and I am proud.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've been lurking a while, so here goes:

Screen Name: AguaEau
    Significant Other's Age: 39
    What You Do: Librarian
    What SO Does: Engineer
    State of Relationship: living together
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 years
    How You Met: online
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): n/a
    Real Babies: none
    Fur Babies: 1 cat (originally mine), 2 dogs (originally his)
    Loves: the beach, swimming, running, biking, reading, office/organizational supplies
    Hates: certain words that sound squishy to me (sammich, yummy, etc.)
    Pet Peeves: bad grammar on signs or in song lyrics
    Hobbies/Activities: triathlon, reading, would like to do more hiking
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: his playfulness
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: his anxiety about money
    Describe Your Personality: funny and sarcastic but also kind of emotional
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 7
    I've Been On TK Since: I'm not actually sure - I think I made my account quite a while ago
    How You Came to Be On TK: I originally made an account because I was in a friend's wedding, but I kept lurking because I enjoyed the snark.
    How I like my potatoes: how don't I like my potatoes?
    Favorite book/author: this is nearly impossible for a librarian to answer, but I really enjoy John Green
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've done two ironman triathlons and am training for a third.
  • I've been lurking for months, occasionally commenting, so maybe I should make a proper introduction...

Screen Name: ParticulierSylphe

Significant Other's Age: 30

What You Do: Wine importing/purchasing

What SO Does: Software engineer

State of Relationship: He coaxed me into ring shopping, (I was super shy about it) but NEY.

How Long You've Been Together: A little over 3 years I suppose is the correct answer, but best friends for 14. We were high school sweeties who took a weird break while trying to nail down college, and said we'd try again later, but stayed close through all kinds of weird/awesome/difficult stuff.

How You Met: on the Internet via a mutual friend he was in hs with. We first started chatting on AIM, so definitely dating myself there.

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):N/A

Real Babies: Nope!

Fur Babies: Two spoiled, adorable cats.

Loves: Cats, coffee, road trips, craft beer, Arizona.

Hates: Rude people.

Pet Peeves: Repetitive noises.
    Hobbies/Activities: Baking, attempting to be crafty.

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's sincerely my best friend, he always has been. I can't really describe it any better than that. He knows me through my good, bad, ridiculous and amazing, and has never even batted an eyelash.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can be a little scatter brained.

Describe Your Personality: Introverted to the extreme, but bubbly one I warm up to people.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Ha, 10 irl. I've found it doesn't translate as well through the Internet though...

I've Been On TK Since: April/May-ish

How You Came to Be On TK: FSIL (not sure what else to call her) was planning her wedding and I had an inkling that she was making
    some etiquette faux pas, so I checked out the boards. The wedding was what I like to refer to as "the printerest nightmare". She could have used TK. It was just dandy...

How I like my potatoes: Smashed! Frites! Potato skins!

Favorite book/author: Melissa Marr

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm currently debating a major move via my job. Is that interesting? I've got nothing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I've lurked for a while and just starting posting on the Knot in general, so here goes:

Screen Name: Lunardaydreaming
    Significant Other's Age: 32 years old
    What You Do: Mental Health Counselor
    What SO Does: Direct Support Professional (for those with developmental disabilities)/ Videographer
    State of Relationship: Engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: 7 years
    How You Met: Common friends and we had always been friends on Myspace, bumped into each other!
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 10.03.15
    Real Babies: None.
    Fur Babies: Our family dogs Riley (mine) and Daizy (his).
    Loves: Life, ukulele, guitar, singing, painting, drawing, photography, painting, cooking and the outdoors.
    Hates: The word "pate"
    Pet Peeves: The feeling of cotton, yikes! Like cotton balls.
    Hobbies/Activities: Music, art, hiking, kayaking, etc.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's so creative, unique, wonderful, loving and generous.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Ha, that's a tough one. His love for cleaning ::rolls eyes:: lol.
    Describe Your Personality: I'm pretty quiet but not boring, I'm kind, creative, I'm a good listener, I try to be kind to everyone.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Medium snark, I'd say a 5.
    I've Been On TK Since: Lurking since I got engaged June 2014.
    How You Came to Be On TK: I got engaged and just felt it was the logical thing to do, ha.
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed, roasted or twice baked.
    Favorite book/author: The Lord of the Rings trilogy, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I can filet a fish damn fast, and well. I'm a vegetarian. Ha.
  • Screen Name: teddygirl9
    Significant Other's Age: 25
    What You Do: Work for a national retail chain catching bad guys.
    What SO Does: Sales
    State of Relationship: Serious, I guess? We bought a house together this year.
    How Long You've Been Together: 8.5 yr
    How You Met: Highschool sweethearts
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): n/a
    Real Babies: n/a
    Fur Babies: n/a ... yet...
    Loves: Food, sleep, a good drink or two.
    Hates: Excersize, driving.
    Pet Peeves: Omg, don't get me started. I have so many. To give you a taste...

-When people say they got sick because they had wet hair/caught in the rain

-When people say they are giving their "0.02 c" That is two one hundredths of a cent, it's literally nothing, may as well keep it to yourself!
    Hobbies/Activities: None really
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He gets me. He can counter my witty banter!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can sometimes win the witty banter.
    Describe Your Personality: Shy, at first. Loyal, stubborn, strong sense of justice.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 9
    I've Been On TK Since: I have no idea. I originally made an account a LONG time ago. But I'll just say as of today (11/24) as I haven't ever posted.
    How You Came to Be On TK: I clicked 'sign up'.
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed with buttah

Favorite book/author: Don't really have one. Did greatly enjoy the Maze Runner series though.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I find myself incredibly boring actually. Hmm. I love Judge Judy haha.
  • Hello internet stranger! Tell us a bit about yourself. Try to stick around.
    Screen Name:
    Significant Other's Age: 32
    What You Do: Human Resources
    What SO Does: IT
    State of Relationship: Almost Engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: 8 years
    How You Met: Rock Concert
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 2015
    Fur Babies: 2 cats
    Loves: Music, Video Games, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
    Hates: Country Music, Rap Music, Chicago Bears
    Pet Peeves: The word "moist."
    Hobbies/Activities: Guitar playing, piano playing, singing, video games
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's my best friend.  I can completely be myself around him.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He doesn't know when to let things go when we have disagreements.
    Describe Your Personality: Laid-back. 
    I've Been On TK Since: Just recently
    How You Came to Be On TK: We started talking more and more about taking the plunge.
    How I like my potatoes: Scalloped or mashed.
    Favorite book/author: George RR Martin
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I love to nap.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Hello internet strangers
    Screen Name:Jasmine
    Significant Other's Age: still looking
    What You Do: work in medical field
    What SO Does:looking for him
    State of Relationship:un established
    How Long You've Been Together:0 yrs
    How You Met: How do you meet a GUY? I am told I am attractive but I am S asian ...may be like likes like??
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):
    Real Babies:0
    Fur Babies:0
    Loves: Intellectual stuff
    Hates: Stupidity
    Pet Peeves:none allaergies
    Hobbies/Activities: too many to write
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: lost dept :P
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    Describe Your Personality: I am told I am smarty pants!!! I am somewhat funny and sweet,but you have to know me to get that across ;)
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): ________.
    I've Been On TK Since:???
    How You Came to Be On TK:??
    How I like my potatoes:
    Favorite book/author:Gone with the wind
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Romatic, intellectual & fun
  • Screen Name: ashlingrae
    Significant Other's Age: 22
    What You Do: Graduate Student
    What SO Does: Unemployed - Applying to college
    State of Relationship: Committed, NEY
    How Long You've Been Together: 3.5 years together, living together 1.5
    How You Met: Bowling team in high school.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): NEY
    Fur Babies: None : (
    Loves: Doctor Who, Sims 3, YA Fantasy/Paranormal Romance novels, emo music, feminism
    Hates: inconsiderate people, hypocrisy
    Pet Peeves: how my hair always winds up in my kitchen sponge.
    Hobbies/Activities: Not many not listed above in "Loves".
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: We have so much fun goofing around together.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can be really abrasive to people.
    Describe Your Personality: Passionate, goal-oriented, kind
    I've Been On TK Since: Only recently. Like, a few weeks of lurking.
    How You Came to Be On TK: Browsing E-rings and making a secret pinterest board.
    How I like my potatoes: cheesy, with sour cream, cooked in any fashion.
    Favorite book/author: The Caster Chronicles, The hush, hush saga, What Happened to Lani Garver.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Studying mental health counseling, while my family is going crazy..
  • Shelly1324Shelly1324 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Double Post dangit.