Chit Chat

Since I love Nail Polish,...

What's your favorite shade?  

If I had to choose one to wear for the rest of my life, it would probably be the original Chanel Vamp from 1994.  I'm lucky enough to have a bottle but ration it out and wear it like once a year haha.

I wear all the colors all the time but I"m curious what you guys like on your nails!

Re: Since I love Nail Polish,...

• Ouu nice! I may have to go with Essie Ballet Slippers, or Fiji- I'm boring I know, but it goes with everything :)

Formerly martha1818

• Ouu nice! I may have to go with Essie Ballet Slippers, or Fiji- I'm boring I know, but it goes with everything :)
    Fiji is still a go to pedicure color for me in the summer because it makes my feet look tan!  I usually do that, a bright red or a neon pink in the summer.  I go for vampy reds like Essie Wicked in the winter time.

• Grey is my favorite of all time and all greys are loved equally.  Followed closely by sparkly light pink (Lynnderella Frisson comes to mind).

I also wear all the colors all the time... except yellow and dark greens/blues because they stain me.
  • Just got a manicure over the weekend with imported champagne by Essie. First time getting that color and I love it!! Might even be my wedding day color.

PS-- I had to google the Chanel Vamp nail polish. In love with that bottle <3
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• peachy13 said:
    Just got a manicure over the weekend with imported champagne by Essie. First time getting that color and I love it!! Might even be my wedding day color.

PS-- I had to google the Chanel Vamp nail polish. In love with that bottle <3
    The current vamp is not the original.  the current one is more purple and has a shimmer to it.  Rouge Fatale is the closest to the original (which is what Uma Thurman wore in Pulp Fiction.)

• Grey is my favorite of all time and all greys are loved equally.  Followed closely by sparkly light pink (Lynnderella Frisson comes to mind).

I also wear all the colors all the time... except yellow and dark greens/blues because they stain me.
    Haha I knew you'd answer :)

I do love greys.  I'm getting a manicure tonight at an event, maybe I will do grey themed.

• I LOVE nail polish and am so jealous that you are a blogger. I'm obsessed with Dior Pied de Poule, their brush is amazing and I love neutrals and greys. I also just bought their color Palais Royale which is almost the same color. I also really like Zoya Rue which is a very neutral pink.
  • abl13 said:
    I LOVE nail polish and am so jealous that you are a blogger. I'm obsessed with Dior Pied de Poule, their brush is amazing and I love neutrals and greys. I also just bought their color Palais Royale which is almost the same color. I also really like Zoya Rue which is a very neutral pink.
    I have a hard time with the Dior brush but have some gorgeous shades.  Diabolitine and Tuxedo are my faves!

• Essie Wicked or OPI Lincoln Park After Dark!

I do love greys.  I'm getting a manicure tonight at an event, maybe I will do grey themed.
    Do grey.  Post pictures!

Do grey.  Post pictures!
    If they let me pick, I will.  Jan Arnold from CND is curating nail looks at this cool nail art studio downtown so I"m not sure how much I get to choose from, but she's rad so I'm sure it will be awesome

• @lacqueredlover could we have a link to your blog pretty please?! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• cosenti7 said:
    Essie Wicked or OPI Lincoln Park After Dark!
    Ah a lady after my own heart!  I prefer Lincoln Park after Midnight but great color!  And OPI Russian Navy!  those 3 were my first "weird" colors I ever tried!

• Here is what I've got going on right now.... Essie Using My Maiden Name and Smitten Polish Jellyfish Rave.  Light purple party!
  • Here is what I've got going on right now.... Essie Using My Maiden Name and Smitten Polish Jellyfish Rave.  Light purple party!
    I saw that on Instagram, love it!  I dont' have any Smitten but heard good things.  I"m so behind on the indie world

• I do all white most of the time (Essie Blanc), but switch it up once a month or so with a light gray or dark blue. My toes is where I go crazy. Hot pink usually (Essie Mod Squad) or anything neon or glittery. I really love the texture of Essie's nail polish. It goes on thinner, so I can let each layer dry instead of f-ing up my nails 5 minutes after doing them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • peachy13 said:
    @lacqueredlover could we have a link to your blog pretty please?! :)
    agreed!  I'd love to check it out if you're cool with posting it here :)
  • I do all white most of the time (Essie Blanc), but switch it up once a month or so with a light gray or dark blue. My toes is where I go crazy. Hot pink usually (Essie Mod Squad) or anything neon or glittery. I really love the texture of Essie's nail polish. It goes on thinner, so I can let each layer dry instead of f-ing up my nails 5 minutes after doing them.
    Try Out The Door fast dry top coat, it's a life saver!

• cafarrie said:
    peachy13 said:
    @lacqueredlover could we have a link to your blog pretty please?! :)
    agreed!  I'd love to check it out if you're cool with posting it here :)
    For the record, I don't get any money or anything like that if people click on my blog (and I'm certainly not trying to pimp it out, just love talking about nail polish!)

Just google my username, you'll find it.  I"m way more active on social media than my actual blog lately due to time.

• Currently, I am digging SallyHansen Game of Chromes, but i'm certain i'll have a new favorite next week.

• Currently, I am digging SallyHansen Game of Chromes, but i'm certain i'll have a new favorite next week.

Nice!  I'm digging the gold, I"m a big fan of the metallics!

• Oooh that gold is so pretty!
  • OPI Glitzerland and Zoya Tomoko are my current fave golds.  Oh and Lacquistry Amazeballs is just on another level.

• OPI Glitzerland is my #1 all-time best gold on the planet.  It's just cool toned enough to look good on me.  Warm golds are not my color.
  • OPI Glitzerland is my #1 all-time best gold on the planet.  It's just cool toned enough to look good on me.  Warm golds are not my color.
    Same, warm golds make my hands look sickly

• My favorite color is the mango-ish one on the end image

I also just got a oxblood color in an Ipsy a couple months ago and I love it, I don't know what the name of it was though.
  • I am boring and just wear nudes and light pinks. I really like OPI Sweetheart.

• My favorites tend to be the dark red wine type colors. 

I can't think of which one I use most often, but I have 3 bottles of it at home. I bought each separately thinking it was a good color, then one day realized that I apparently keep buying the same color.

I also like bright reds on occasion.  I really like OPI's 'I'm Not Really A Waitress". 

I also have some light blue & dark blues that I love.  And I have a dark grey that looks awesome and my DH loves.  If I ask his opinion, he always chooses the grey tones.

I also like the nail polish strips on occasion. One of my favorites is Incoco's 'Written in the Stars' (link).  I almost used that one for my wedding, but didn't want to miss out on the manicure trip with the girls, so I went with plain silver instead. I also use some of their more decorative pattern from time to time.  Once you get used to the strips, they are rather easy to use and I love not having to wait for them to dry.

• One of my fave golds - Lacquistry Amazeballs

• I don't do my finger nails because the polish never stays on very long (gel or not), but my current pedi is Essie For the Twill of it. I love that it changes color depending on the lighting. It also reminds me of a Tahitian Black Pearl!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards