October 2015 Weddings

What have you already booked/Decided on?

Re: What have you already booked/Decided on?

• wanna laugh???

I had my dress before he even proposed!!! LOL

It's an old style and I knew I had to snag it and not wait or I might not have been able to get it. Matt was a bit of a snoozer on proposing. ha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • Lewis, I had my dress before then, too! Found it on ebay with tags on, in my size, for a third the cost that I saw it for sale in a local dress shop......... It's a Mori Lee by Madeline Gardner from her Blu collection.

We booked our DJ last night! Deposits are going down!!
    Alyssa & Drew 
    10/4/15
    St. Louis

• @Lewis345 Oh my gosh, I love that!!! It makes me not feel bad for picking out tons of random details and writing them down/saving stuff on my computer before he proposed! At least you got the dress of your dreams though! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're meeting with our officiant today and our photographer on Monday. If all goes well then we'll have those two vendors taken care of and then we'll start looking for a caterer :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I may have to wait on the photographer due to the LARGE deposit for the venue... and the photographers in this area require roughly a $1000 deposit, so this month, while we are waiting for the house to sell it will be more like.... December before we can put the deposit down on the photographer.
    Alyssa & Drew 
    10/4/15
    St. Louis

• Wow!!! Go Ladies are so far ahead!!! I feel so behind!!!

We are looking at 10/18/15. We haven't actually booked anything. We have been actively searching for the venue so we can lock it, and so that the date is indeed the date. 

I have picked out my colors (black & cream)

I have picked 4 bridemaids (that includes my MOH)

I have started to tell people slowly, waiting to book the reception to actually send save the dates.

Again you guys make me feel soooo behind :(. If anyone is in Pittsburg, PA and has any suggestions on a hall I would appreciate it. Also not looking to get married in a church, maybe the same hall??
  • @mrshuse525 we are along the same lines!! Happy Next October!!
  • 10/10/15 here as well!

I'm hoping to get most of the major decisions out of the way right away.
    We have our church booked...well, mostly, it's my FI's church that he's been going to since he was a kid so basically it was a check and make sure the building/pastor/organist weren't already booked for something else and it's ours without question.  No official contract or anything signed with them, but it's in the official church calendar so it's not going anywhere!

Reception venue contract signed and deposit made today. It's a hotel ballroom so catering, tables, linens, etc. are all included.  However, we just found out that the woman we had been working with in the beginning has left and we are going to have to be assigned a new catering/wedding coordinator.  A little apprehensive about that one, but the venue is perfect for us so here's hoping everything works out for the best.

Consultation with the DJ company next Monday -- that is the issue my FI told me last night will be "the hill he will die on" if there is a disagreement.  He wants to go with this specific company come hell or high water, I figure he can have it.

Colors picked, wedding party asked, Save the Dates designed (we're doing that one ourselves), wedding website up and running.  Phew...

I told Jon that he needed to stop me from going overboard.  We have a whole year, I don't have to do everything now......but I'm having too much fun, I just want to keep going!
  • 10/4/2015 :) Among the beautiful fall foliage of New Hampshire!  

We've booked our venue which includes a stone terrace to be married on with one of the first mountains we hiked in the background and the beautiful fall foliage <3  Then the reception venue is on-site basically across the parking lot and was an old church that was remodeled- big cathedral wooden ceilings!  Just gorgeous!  The venue is awesome- the per person cost covers everything except photography, DJ and alcohol.  

Dress shopping in two weeks in NYC for ideas and then my friend who I went to fashion school with is making my dress from my great grandmothers and mothers wedding dresses <3 so special!

Photographer meeting on Tuesday!  Fingers crossed and also working on a DJ.  

I am STUMPED on colors--- I want fall, but not 'fall' no red, orange, yellow colors for me....   What are your colors/themes?  We are doing a 'bikes, burlap and birch' theme- since we are avid mountain and road bikers and love the outdoor rustic feel, but I have no idea on colors.  

Only one person by my side- my sister as my matron of honor!

Working on the 'Save the Dates' since we just decided for sure last weekend on the date! :) 

Is anyone doing anything special for your ceremony....  I thought we might do a unity candle like all of my family members have always done and a glass stomping for Jim's Jewish family, but did not plan on singing or anything else.... thoughts?

So glad to be able to be in this group now that we have our date!  Happy planning everyone :) 

• Hey! We are having a "destination" wedding and have reserved the house we'll be staying in for the week. We are waiting on a quote from a local restaurant for the reception and have decided on our colors and wedding location. Other than that, we're still in the super early planning stages but will be hitched on 10/4. It's going to be a simple ceremony with about 25-30 guests.
  • We have our venue for the ceremony and wedding booked, our hotel booked, just need to book flights around May-July! Got the Save the Dates ready as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have our venue (ceremony and reception), photographer and DJ booked and I have ordered my dress.

The catering is through our venue, and I just inquired about drawing up the contract today.

I've decided on my officiant but haven't placed a deposit yet (I will by end of the week). And we've been to one cake tasting and have another scheduled for next week, along with florist appointments.

Getting married on 10/03/15 but want to get as much done as we can now so we aren't as stressed next year (hopefully)!
  • I just booked my makeup and hair person this weekend. Also did engagement photos. Also booked florist.
  • I just booked my makeup and hair person this weekend. Also did engagement photos. Also booked florist.
  • manillabarmanillabar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    jmaj9909 said:
    10/4/2015 :) Among the beautiful fall foliage of New Hampshire!  

We've booked our venue which includes a stone terrace to be married on with one of the first mountains we hiked in the background and the beautiful fall foliage <3  Then the reception venue is on-site basically across the parking lot and was an old church that was remodeled- big cathedral wooden ceilings!  Just gorgeous!  The venue is awesome- the per person cost covers everything except photography, DJ and alcohol.  

Dress shopping in two weeks in NYC for ideas and then my friend who I went to fashion school with is making my dress from my great grandmothers and mothers wedding dresses <3 so special!

Photographer meeting on Tuesday!  Fingers crossed and also working on a DJ.  

I am STUMPED on colors--- I want fall, but not 'fall' no red, orange, yellow colors for me....   What are your colors/themes?  We are doing a 'bikes, burlap and birch' theme- since we are avid mountain and road bikers and love the outdoor rustic feel, but I have no idea on colors.  

Only one person by my side- my sister as my matron of honor!

Working on the 'Save the Dates' since we just decided for sure last weekend on the date! :) 

Is anyone doing anything special for your ceremony....  I thought we might do a unity candle like all of my family members have always done and a glass stomping for Jim's Jewish family, but did not plan on singing or anything else.... thoughts?

So glad to be able to be in this group now that we have our date!  Happy planning everyone :) 

Not gonna lie, at first I thought you wrote "bikes, burlap, and bitch" and I did a double take, haha... clearly I need sleep (and it's only 9:30pm *sigh*).  We're doing navy (deep) blue, apple green, and slate gray for our colors.  Not sure how "fall" it is, but i like it :) 

We've booked our venue, and are looking at photographers/videographers now. I'm also about to set up some appointments at bridal shops... yay dresses!

ETF: typo
  • Booked:
    Venue/Caterer (Venue provides catering)
    Hotel
    DJ
    1/2 of our honeymoon

Know:
    Colors
    All of our wedding party is chosen
    Honeymoon

I agree that it's amazing having so much time to book (pay for) all of this! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • eilis1228 said:
    Hello! 
    Booked:
    Venue/Caterer (venue provides ceremony space, reception area, dinner, centerpieces, DJ...)

Know:
    Colors
    Most of wedding party is chosen... waiting until we get a bit closer to tell everyone though. 

BF hasn't proposed yet either. Paying for everything ourselves, so we went ahead and booked a venue to lock in pricing. Once he proposes we'll start booking the other things.

It's definitely nice having so much time to plan this... I'm not sure how most people plan and pay for a wedding in a year. I've already gotten stressed about a few things, and we still have a year and a half to go! lol
    @eilis1228 Sort of same situation here!  We were talking about getting engaged and knew we wanted an October 2015 wedding.  However, my dog needed emergency surgery so he proposed to me with my dog as our promise, with a ring to follow once we recovered from the surgery costs.  It has made the world of difference to be planning this far ahead!

• @edenisle How is your dog doing? That sounds awful! And yes, planning more than a year advance seems to be the key to a stress-free wedding. I actually finished booking some of my vendors this month, and they told me I was cutting it close for my October 30 wedding. It blows my mind how quickly vendors book... the wedding industry is insane.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @jmaj9909 Your venue sounds beautiful! For colors if you didn't want to be "overly fall" you could do neutrals with just a pop of a color instead of a combo of all fall colors. 

So far we have a lot booked, but I still feel like we have so much to do!

Booked/Know

Venue (ceremony and reception; covers catering, centerpieces, cake)
    Photographer
    DJ (also handing uplighting for us)
    Officiant
    colors (blush, ivory/cream, metallics)
    wedding party is finalized
    Save the Dates done, and will be going out after the holidays

With our package we chose, our centerpieces will be included but I still need to make an appointment with the florist to see what is included vs what I have pictured. I also need to speak to them about doing all other floral and the price for it. I am seriously considering using fifty flowers though for bouquets, boutonnieres, and additional flowers. I have crafty family members who I think would do a great job in helping me with it. 

Our cake is also included so I have a tasting set up right after the first of the year to finalize what we will be doing for that. 

Things still to book/order/finalize

Limo- we will be doing a first look and all bridal pictures off site 15-20 min away from venue so need to transport about 20 people to and from. 

Wedding dress- I have had such anxiety about this. I have an appointment scheduled early Jan and hopefully I will figure out what I want and get it ordered. 

Wedding Party attire

Invitations and other paper- I don't even kind of know a direction I would like to go in. 

We are paying for 95% of the wedding on our own and the pressure is definitely on! I am dropping off one more check to the venue before the end of the year, and we will officially have paid them 50% of what our original estimate was. The officiant and DJ are paid in full and we have a deposit with our photographer. We definitely are going over our original budget and probably won't have room for a honeymoon so we will be delaying that. All and all I feel like we are in a good position, but I know once we get to the first of the year planning will really intensify. 

About a thousand times we have both said why aren't we just going away like we originally wanted, but I know I will be happy once the day is finally here.

• @jmaj9909 I love your theme! Have you thought about gunmetal for a color? And you could easily do that with whatever your favorite colors are....

I haven't been on here in a very long time because we have had a rollercoaster with our venue situation.  Long story short, we thought we had a hold on the venue and without telling us they booked it, we went in to put the deposit down it was gone! 

So....I did some major freaking out but after yesterday I can stop and update my done list!

Venue booked (reception and ceremony at same location), still on our date we originally wanted 10/10/15

Photographer is booked. 

Bridal party has all been asked.

Florist is booked.

Colors are charcoal and turquoise.

Most of our songs are chosen.

Bands booked, we have three different bands but we still are looking for a sound guy that can be a suido dj for about a half hour between each band.

Next things on our list are wedding dress searching, booking a caterer (we have a meeting with one that is high on our list next week), rings, and working on making my save the dates.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So far we have our photographer, DJ, Florist, Venue and Caterer all booked! I'm super excited to work with Jeffrey Miller Catering. My fiance and I just hit the anniversary of our engagement (we got engaged during the holidays last december) and immediately started planning.

I also have my dress and colors selected.

We did our tasting recently too in order to start setting our menu and it was delicious! Jeffrey Miller Catering has been awesome to work with thus far, they're super flexible and responsive. We even were invited to attend an open house event to further sample food, see some decorating ideas etc.  They're awesome and I highly recommend them for PA brides!
  • Wedding is October 3, 2015. So far we have booked our church, reception site ( includes food and alcohol) , bought my dress, and confirmed our bridal party. Now we need to start working on all the smaller details.
  • Booked our officiant today! I'm a little embarrassed because I've had all the major things booked (venue, DJ, photographer, etc.) for a while and thought the officiant, who works at our venue, was included in our ceremony package. Nope! But he's available and happy to officiate for us. Yay!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We have been engaged since March and got a lot of stuff figured out early on. We found our venue and booked with them back in May. But they got purchased and changed everything! So about two months ago we had to find a new venue-- which we did! And we got our deposit back from the first place so that was really lucky. At this point we have our venue, photographer, cake (or rather, our dessert buffet,) my bridesmaids already have their dresses, my FFL is officiating the wedding, we also have our invitations and save the dates made and our florist booked, and lastly and perhaps most important we have our day of wedding coordinator. Now we get to do fun stuff like picking our food and music (we are thinking a live three to four piece jazz band (if we can afford it) and I am picking out decorations! I still haven't found my dress and I legitimately keep having nightmares that I can't find one!! Is anyone else having this issue?!
  • edited January 2015
    Booked: Venue and catering. 

I know: DJ, photographer, cake, and possible officiant.
    Colors are royal blue and yellow.
    I pretty much nailed down who I'm going to ask to be my bridesmaids.

Need to find a makeup artist and discuss decorations.

Our wedding is Oct 25, 2015.
  • the only thing I have booked is an officiant. bought toasting glasses and guest book. looking at venues and talking to hotel in a few weeks when we're in town.

colors, formality, bridal party, and all but first dance music chosen.

Visit The Nest!    Visit The Knot!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited January 2015
    As of yesterday, we have our venue! We've actually known for a while, it just wasn't set in stone yet. :) We are getting married at The Ranch Golf Club in Southwick, MA, and they do their own catering with a farm-to-table philosophy based on seasonal, local offerings. A friend offered to do flowers for us as a gift (we're still paying her, even though she refuses!), we have a photographer, I designed our save the dates, bought my dress, and selected my bridesmaids. We have a color scheme (navy, gold, and neutrals), and know that the groomsmen will wear navy suits and the bridesmaids will wear gold and neutral mismatched dresses. I also think I found my shoes. ;)

So as far as the major details are concerned, we're almost there! Just need to find a cake and a DJ and have our STDs/invites printed and sent out.
  • anniecm5anniecm5 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2015
    I got my dress yesterday!! I feel such a HUGE relief knowing that's done. Our day is October 3. 

So far I have: the venue booked, catering booked, dress bought, photographer booked, decided on colors, guestlist finalized and save the dates have been sent! DJ is narrowed down but I need to meet him IRL to be sure, and make a deposit. 

Still need: florist, bridesmaid's dresses, officiant, decide on the rest of my look (shoes, hair, etc), cake, plan honeymoon!

I'm DIYing many of the decorations, centerpieces, table numbers, placecard holders, welcome bags for the hotel guests, etc. so I have tons left to do in this area. 
  • We've booked our ceremony and reception locations, the caterer (provided by reception location), and photographer. I'm pretty sure we have our colors locked in and I've already decided on centerpieces that will mostly be DIY. I went dress shopping on Sunday and I think I've decided on my dress...just trying to decide what color I want now!! Our guest list is mostly finalized, but we won't be sending out save the dates until after our engagement session with our photographer. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2015
    <<Edited>>
    • Wedding list
    • Bridal Party (Only having a MOH, Best man & Flower Girls/Ring Bearer)
    • Invitations created (just haven't printed them out yet)
    • Venue!!! ( *hopefully* will be booked in a few weeks when my FI and I go in for our scheduled visit. We both love this venue from a distance {and it has been our 1st choice}, but it's time to visit in person :-)
    • Food will be a part of the Venue package (so if we book this particular venue, we have caterers from their package to choose from)

Pretty good for a couple who just started planning two months ago huh :-)

~ K

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards