Chit Chat

UO

Re: UO

• kat1114 said:
    I hate the word hubby.
    I don't like the word Wife.

That's a word for like my parents and old married people.  Jesus, I'm not old enough to be married!!!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• OMG I think The Big Bang theory is hilarious!  A lot of what is portrayed in that show is.my.life.  I'm always surrounded by nerds, geeks, grad students, researchers etc and a lot of the ways that show stereotypes them is very accurate.

I frequently have to ask DH to please disable Engineer Mode and enable Normal Person Mode.
    As a scientist, I find it hilarious. I really think people have to watch it from the beginning. It's not a show you can catch an episode here or there. Same thing for HIMYM, maybe even moreso.

Both of those shows have really funny episodes as well as some not so funny episodes. I can see how people don't like it if they don't watch it all the time. 

I never got into the Office.

• beethery said:
    FiancB said:
    I can't get into Tolkien's writing. I have been very slowly slogging through LOTR because I've meant to forever, but there is something about it that makes it painful. The stories he came up with, awesome. The way he wrote them, not so much. I can't put my finger on it. 

Also not a fan of the theater except there's one here that has giant leather recliner seats and they're $5 on Tuesdays and you can order drinks. Otherwise, I feel like I'm paying way too much money to sit close to a stranger that feels the need to add in their own narration, breathe loudly, and brought their 4 year old during their naptime. 

I have absolutely no desire to have a fancy car. No appeal to me whatsoever. I don't get why so many people's life goal is to have a Lotus or BMW or whatever. 

I can't really get into twitter or instagram. 

I wore cowboy boots at my wedding (I planned to long before it ever became a trend, dammit)

You can take my Uggs over my dead body though
    So much walking, and so many trees.

Though it does make you feel like it is a LONG fuckin journey from A to B at least. I spent the most of The Hobbit thinking, 'Are we there yet?'
    Too fancy and verbose*. They're long, and especially the Hobbit and the first half of Fellowship are just a fucking SLOG. Like, it feels like you're dragging your feet through word mud.

*I haven't read Tolkien since I was an incredibly nerdy, orthodontized 13-year-old. So there is that, but that was my impression back then - too many words to get from A to B.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  •  

Oh I just hate the word "lover" in general to describe your partner.  That's weird.  And I think of on SNL when they are all "lovaaaaah"
    Lover makes my skin crawl.
  • I really hate to admit this, but it's true... Creed was one of the best concerts I've ever been to.  Disclaimer... I am/was not a fan, FI wanted me to go with him, and it turned out to be awesome.. I also might have been starstruck on Scott Stapp...

• OMG I think The Big Bang theory is hilarious!  A lot of what is portrayed in that show is.my.life.  I'm always surrounded by nerds, geeks, grad students, researchers etc and a lot of the ways that show stereotypes them is very accurate.

I frequently have to ask DH to please disable Engineer Mode and enable Normal Person Mode.
    As a scientist, I find it hilarious. I really think people have to watch it from the beginning. It's not a show you can catch an episode here or there. Same thing for HIMYM, maybe even moreso.

Both of those shows have really funny episodes as well as some not so funny episodes. I can see how people don't like it if they don't watch it all the time. 

I never got into the Office.

I never got Jim and Pam..
  • I call my dog "lover lips" sometimes. She's my only lover. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • jenna8984 said:

UO- I can't stand that photo shoots are necessary for everything nowadays. My SIL just posted online looking for a photographer for my niece's first birthday photo shoot. Why the fuck does everyone need 12 photo shoots of their kid at birth, their kid at 3 months, their kid in a halloween costume, their kid with a fall background, their kid with a Christmas background, their kid's first birthday, etc, etc. Take a few pics yourself, sure, no big deal. But to hire someone for a legit shoot. Stop it already.

Jesus, just invest in a good DSLR and you'll be able to take pro looking photos without having to hire a photographer.

I apologize if I have muliple posts in a row- I'm trying to catch up.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Love Journey. So much effing love.

I hate Elf. Seriously the worst Christmas movie ever. I also hate Christmas Vacation.

I love Elf but I hate Christmas Vacation.
  • I think David Bowie is super creepy and not on a good way.
  • edited June 2015
  • edited December 2014
    Add me to the no HP list. 
    People who refer to their clothes by their brand name. "My North Face is dirty!". "Can I bring my Coach wristlet into the game?". 

STFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    My step-mom called her car The Passat.  It made me stabby
    Hahahahahaaa that reminds me of an old co-worker I had. She thought she was hot shit and always referred to her car as the make and model. "I need to put gas in 2010 Dodge Journey". "The kids spilled pop in my 2010 Dodge Journey". I was making fun of her to my mom and sister and we still refer to our cars like that sometimes. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YD_1ObUrhE&index=1&list=RD9YD_1ObUrhE

I think that restaurants should have child free areas, just like in the olden days when they had smoking and non-smoking seating. 
    I would pay a small fortune for a plane ride with a child only seating area. I mean, my ears hurt when I fly and I can barely get mine to pop, so I can't imagine what it would feel like for a child being unable to help themselves so I understand the pain and then the pain of the parent trying fruitlessly to calm down their child but MAN. HUSH. I just spent a 3hr flight yesterday with 4 infants around me and all of them, crying inconsolably in unison. 

I obviously won some contest in Hell.
    How about child free flights?!  I would be all about that, sorrynotsorry. 

I would have opened the door and depressurized the cabin ><  I am going to be investing in noise cancelling head phones because that scenario you described above is my biggest fear.

• I don't think Kristen Stewart is a terrible actress. I really liked her as Joan Jett in The Runaways. Bella Swan is just a terrible charecter.
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    jenna8984 said:
    I didn't think I much liked beards, but then H grew one. He keeps is washed, combed, oiled and trimmed and I like it. He looks hot. Not all men can pull off a beard, a lot of them can't. But he REALLY can.

And his mustache is now long enough to wax. Heehee, I'm sexing a saloon bartender.
    I actually hate that it's a "trend" because I have always thought long beards were sexy since I was 15 years old. All of my boyfriends have always had one, as well as my husband. But now people think he just does it to be a hipster, and people post stupid things like the beard flowers/ beard xmas ornaments on my FB because they think I'm just into the trend. No!!!!
    Ditto. FI has had a beard for years, and he's had flannel shirts since he was a kid. We were at a bar the other night and literally every single guy sitting at the bar was in a plaid flannel with a beard, as was FI. He looked around and said "fuck, I'm trendy now." It's annoying cuz neither of us are the type of people to follow trends. He was just doin' his own thing and then a trend came along and swallowed him whole. Damnit. 
    Also flannel was a thing in the 90s. It's not new. I wore flannel all the time in early high school
    I feel the same way about red hair. Oh sure, it used to be ugly when I was a child and now there are all these fucking imposers. I used to be an ugly kid because of my hair and freckles and skin. Now I'm the hottest bitch at the ball. 

You need fucking freckles to pull it off, okay? You can't have black eyebrows and fire engine hair and no freckles and a tan.

IT DON'T FUCKING WORK LIKE THAT STOP SAYING YOU ARE A NATURAL REDHEAD

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• jdluvr06 said:
    I think David Bowie is super creepy and not on a good way.
    In that vein...

I hate the Labyrinth. 

I also hate The Nightmare Before Christmas, Hocus Pocus, the Neverending Story, and the Goonies.  All of those movies are creepy as fuck. 

• If we're gonna get hobby specific: 

When people call themselves writers, as in they say "I'm a writer." But they've never been published. Um no dude. Just cuz you sat at Starbucks for an hour and typed on your laptop does not mean you get to call yourself a writer. I'm always hesitant to call myself a writer, and I have a degree in it and have had multiple poems, short stories, 2 novels, and a memoir published. So BAM. 
    ...ouch. I've been writing since I was 10, so 16 years, daily until recently. The high point in my publishing career is only a short halloween story in the local paper, but I still call myself a writer.

The good news is that you, having been published, get to call yourself an AUTHOR!!!!
    This beard talk just made me realize that I have never dated anyone without hair on their chin. Never. 
    Yeah me neither hahahahaha
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • levioosa said:
    jdluvr06 said:
    I think David Bowie is super creepy and not on a good way.
    In that vein...

I hate the Labyrinth. 

I also hate The Nightmare Before Christmas, Hocus Pocus, the Neverending Story, and the Goonies.  All of those movies are creepy as fuck. 
    I'm not sure we can be internet friends anymore. I feel all those movies are creepy in a good way. Yes I think their is good creepy and bad creepy.
  • I don't care for Halloween.  Like, at all.  I've actually never admitted that out loud before, because it's FI's favorite thing of the year.  Love creepy movies, though.

Songs by Shaggy make me ragey and I start frantically searching for the fastest way to either 1) stop the playing, or 2) plug my ears with whatever is in my reaching distance.

I used to love How I Met Your Mother and would just have it on as background noise.  I was so angered by the finale that I didn't watch it at all for about 7 months.  Take that, Ted.

Coach is my favorite brand of purse, but that has to do with how long they've lasted me and I like the styles.  I was a redhead imposter for a few years (sorry!!) but my hair is naturally strawberry blond and it was red when I was born... maybe that makes it more okay?

Parsley is just an awful little plant.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @larrygaga‌ when I was a kid I REALLY wanted red hair, freckles, green eyes and glasses. I thought that was the prettiest look ever and I was so disappointed to be a blue eyed blonde.

• larrygaga said:
    jenna8984 said:
    I didn't think I much liked beards, but then H grew one. He keeps is washed, combed, oiled and trimmed and I like it. He looks hot. Not all men can pull off a beard, a lot of them can't. But he REALLY can.

And his mustache is now long enough to wax. Heehee, I'm sexing a saloon bartender.
    I actually hate that it's a "trend" because I have always thought long beards were sexy since I was 15 years old. All of my boyfriends have always had one, as well as my husband. But now people think he just does it to be a hipster, and people post stupid things like the beard flowers/ beard xmas ornaments on my FB because they think I'm just into the trend. No!!!!
    Ditto. FI has had a beard for years, and he's had flannel shirts since he was a kid. We were at a bar the other night and literally every single guy sitting at the bar was in a plaid flannel with a beard, as was FI. He looked around and said "fuck, I'm trendy now." It's annoying cuz neither of us are the type of people to follow trends. He was just doin' his own thing and then a trend came along and swallowed him whole. Damnit. 
    Also flannel was a thing in the 90s. It's not new. I wore flannel all the time in early high school
    I feel the same way about red hair. Oh sure, it used to be ugly when I was a child and now there are all these fucking imposers. I used to be an ugly kid because of my hair and freckles and skin. Now I'm the hottest bitch at the ball. 

You need fucking freckles to pull it off, okay? You can't have black eyebrows and fire engine hair and no freckles and a tan.

IT DON'T FUCKING WORK LIKE THAT STOP SAYING YOU ARE A NATURAL REDHEAD

UGHHHHH FUCK, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

I know a girl IRL who is most definitely NOT a natural redhead. She's drunkenly admitted to me how much she loves my hair and wishes hers were natural. But she got a Kia Soul and made a bunch of very public "look at me" jokes about how now she can finally have a soul, and constantly refers to herself as a ginger and all this other shit. It makes me so ragey. Like, bitch, you have brown eyebrows, no freckles, and a tan. You aren't a redhead, just an attention whore. 

Also I just really can't fucking stand this girl in general, in case that wasn't obvious.
  • I like to clean. I could clean houses for a living and enjoy it. 
    Can I hire you? I hate cleaning my house.
  • Oh I just hate the word "lover" in general to describe your partner.  That's weird.  And I think of on SNL when they are all "lovaaaaah"
    That reminds me. I fucking hate the phrase "loved up." When I hear/read it, I want to hit something. You see it all the time in gossip magazines/blogs.

• @larrygaga‌ when I was a kid I REALLY wanted red hair, freckles, green eyes and glasses. I thought that was the prettiest look ever and I was so disappointed to be a blue eyed blonde.
    I always wanted to be a blue eyed blonde. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards