Snarky Brides

Asking about diamond size,...

124»

Re: Asking about diamond size,...

• @kmbay84 no need to apologize! It is just very important (imo) to have these things insured. Sentimental things can still be expensive to replace ;)
  • @You are right teddygirl9!  Thanks, we need to get on that, lol. :)  That is true, sentimental things can still be expensive to replace.  I would feel terrible losing it!
  • Guess it depends why somebody is asking.
    If they are quite clued up on the ins and outs of diamonds and are interested purely because they have a interest in diamonds and gem stones I don't think I would be offended to me in that situation it's just like somebody asking the specifics of something like my car.
    If it was somebody who had no idea of gem stones and wanted to know purely to try and work out how much money we had I would be fairly offended same as I would if somebody saw my car asked specifics (for example it's on a private registration plate so u can't tell it's age) and just wanted to try and work out how I afford it.
    If somebody out right asked for the figures i would be saying I don't know, unless your my oh you don't need that information about anything whether it's my ring or something trivial as a dress.
  • Ugg....this question comes up from the work hags all the time. My diamond is 3 carats, which I always say I don't know. One girl at work had the audacity to say "you must be really good in bed to get a ring like that". She thought it was a funny and said she was kidding. Mind you she said it in front of a group of ppl. I think she's an a$$.
  • Ugg....this question comes up from the work hags all the time. My diamond is 3 carats, which I always say I don't know. One girl at work had the audacity to say "you must be really good in bed to get a ring like that". She thought it was a funny and said she was kidding. Mind you she said it in front of a group of ppl. I think she's an a$$.
    Ew, that's terrible.  Boundaries, girl!
  • I haven't really been asked about how many carats or how much my ring is... I think people are to hung up on the fact that it's a vintage art deco ring and it's "used" OMG you have a used ring.  One person joked that I pulled it off a dying woman's finger...  How inappropriate can you be, really, I found that to be super offensive. 

• I haven't really been asked about how many carats or how much my ring is... I think people are to hung up on the fact that it's a vintage art deco ring and it's "used" OMG you have a used ring.  One person joked that I pulled it off a dying woman's finger...  How inappropriate can you be, really, I found that to be super offensive. 

Awe that's shitty, I'm sorry =( I personally love 'used' diamonds and settings. Diamonds (and most other gems) are already thousands to hundreds of thousands years old, its not like you're actually getting a 'new' diamond when you buy it from the store!

Awe that's shitty, I'm sorry =( I personally love 'used' diamonds and settings. Diamonds (and most other gems) are already thousands to hundreds of thousands years old, its not like you're actually getting a 'new' diamond when you buy it from the store!

Thanks! I love my ring and think the fact that its nearly 100 years old is awesome.

Thanks! I love my ring and think the fact that its nearly 100 years old is awesome.
    So do we get a picture or what
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited January 2015
    larrygaga said:
    I haven't really been asked about how many carats or how much my ring is... I think people are to hung up on the fact that it's a vintage art deco ring and it's "used" OMG you have a used ring.  One person joked that I pulled it off a dying woman's finger...  How inappropriate can you be, really, I found that to be super offensive. 

So do we get a picture or what

lol, I'm at work so this one is not on my hand.

Edited: Posted way too many pics arrgh... one more try

• Sorry the size of that pic is obnoxious...

• I always get "He got it from where? Amazon? Aren't you afraid your diamond isn't real?"

Ugh. Look people, I would order EVERYTHING from Amazon if FI didn't think the trivial interactions of WalMart were a necessary evil in this world.

• classicalandedgy gorgeous!!!!

I always get "He got it from where? Amazon? Aren't you afraid your diamond isn't real?"

Ugh. Look people, I would order EVERYTHING from Amazon if FI didn't think the trivial interactions of WalMart were a necessary evil in this world.
    That's where FI bought my pearl necklace and it's just as legit. It came with a paper and everything.

I also love amazon. I haven't branched into groceries but we buy everything from it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    classicalandedgy gorgeous!!!!

I always get "He got it from where? Amazon? Aren't you afraid your diamond isn't real?"

That's where FI bought my pearl necklace and it's just as legit. It came with a paper and everything.

I also love amazon. I haven't branched into groceries but we buy everything from it.

Thanks I couldn't be happier...

Amazon is the snizzle!! I buy everything from there too.  I have a prime membership, and it's so worth it.

• *swoon*

I love ovals. It's beautiful

• I've only been asked about size once. An ex coworker of mine asked me how many carats, I told her...she said, "hmmm....looked bigger".

I had no idea what to say!!
  • I've only been asked about size once. An ex coworker of mine asked me how many carats, I told her...she said, "hmmm....looked bigger".

I had no idea what to say!!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

I had no idea what to say!!
    If you think about it, that's kind of a good thing haha. Say you paid for a 1.5c, but it looks like a 2c? Score! (good in that it looks big, not that people are rude)
  • Best response to inappropriate questions:

• How Rude! i was asked how much she spent..or if its real..really!?! its not about the size or if its real its about the meaning behinde the ring and i think ppl forget that...

• I had a coworker that I showed my ring all excited about being engaged. Her response? "Oh honey, you can do so much better." Not about my ring of course, but about my (then) FI. Seriously?
  • I had a coworker that I showed my ring all excited about being engaged. Her response? "Oh honey, you can do so much better." Not about my ring of course, but about my (then) FI. Seriously?
    I had a coworker do a similar thing. Asked me some innocent question (what he does for a living? I can't remember) and after I answered said, "I don't really think he's the one for you, but that's none of my business" and turned back to her computer. I'd have punched her if she wasn't older than my mom.
  • This is part of the reason that I hinted to my fiancé that I preferred non diamond- specifically sapphire- which I ended up with.  My job forces me to work with 475+ wealthy women a year.... and the last thing I wanted was to be judged or even involved in the game of "how big is your diamond". 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards