Chit Chat

Need support please!

Re: Need support please!

• This isn't your first grandchild.

I was not the first grandchild on my mom's side, and I know my Nana would have been crushed had something happened to me or any one of my siblings or her other grandchildren. @Denise40‌ can be sad about what may happen to her grandchild.

Oh absolutely! If she wants to choose to spend her life sad because she's decided that an 8 week old fetus was her first grand baby, she certainly can. But she's not entitled to impose that view on her daughter who seemingly doesn't share it. Personally I think this situation calls for prayer, not meddling. And the phrase "this is my first grandchild" to me reads very much I am making this all about myself.

It's not like Denise decided to claim this child as her grandchild; it is a biological fact. And I grieve the loss of my nephews from a miscarriage in December. People process this differently. And I trust that if Denise does say something, that it will be eloquent and compassionate.

And I have been praying for Denise, Her Daughter, and grandchild since in saw this post.
    I was not the first grandchild on my mom's side, and I know my Nana would have been crushed had something happened to me or any one of my siblings or her other grandchildren. @Denise40‌ can be sad about what may happen to her grandchild.
    Oh absolutely! If she wants to choose to spend her life sad because she's decided that an 8 week old fetus was her first grand baby, she certainly can. But she's not entitled to impose that view on her daughter who seemingly doesn't share it. Personally I think this situation calls for prayer, not meddling. And the phrase "this is my first grandchild" to me reads very much I am making this all about myself.
    It's not like Denise decided to claim this child as her grandchild; it is a biological fact. And I grieve the loss of my nephews from a miscarriage in December. People process this differently. And I trust that if Denise does say something, that it will be eloquent and compassionate. And I have been praying for Denise, Her Daughter, and grandchild since in saw this post.
    Good for you. She should do the same (if she's the praying sort) instead of meddling where she shouldn't.
  • doeydo said:

This is not your first grandchild.  This is a tiny little alien thing in your daughter's body that she does not want there..

Unless Denise's daughter got it on with a spawn from Mars, there is biologically not an alien in her uterus. It is a human and it is loved.
  • STARMOON44STARMOON44 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    Edited to delete in light of Denise's follow up. Don't want to be piling on.
  • This is not your first grandchild.  This is a tiny little alien thing in your daughter's body that she does not want there..

Unless Denise's daughter got it on with a spawn from Mars, there is biologically not an alien in her uterus. It is a human and it is loved. 

Oh, FFS. You know damn well that she was being facetious. She doesn't truly believe it's an "alien". It's just not her grandchild, because it's a fetus that will not be born by her daughter's responsible choice.
  • This is not your first grandchild.  This is a tiny little alien thing in your daughter's body that she does not want there..

Quote boxes??_________________________

I didn't literally mean that she was abducted by aliens and impregnated by one.  JFC, it is an embryo/fetus thing, it is not alive nor is it a baby.  If you look at an 8 week old fetus, just try to tell me it does not look like an alien: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/89/Human_Embryo.JPG/1024px-Human_Embryo.JPG
    It's not like Denise decided to claim this child as her grandchild; it is a biological fact. And I grieve the loss of my nephews from a miscarriage in December. People process this differently. And I trust that if Denise does say something, that it will be eloquent and compassionate. And I have been praying for Denise, Her Daughter, and grandchild since in saw this post.
    @holyguacamole79‌ I have never doubted the sincere compassionate nature of your beliefs. But based on her comments so far I don't share your confidence that Denise will share her thoughts in an eloquent or compassionate way. I actually don't know if there is a way to say to someone who does not believe terminating her pregnancy was killing a child that she is mistaken, compassionately.

@STARMOON44‌ how would you know I wouldn't be eloquent or compassionate in my thoughts?? Just because of the way I "talk" here? Yes I believe everyone has a choice about how they handle things. I just want to be there for my daughter! Is that so wrong?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• doeydo said:

This is not your first grandchild.  This is a tiny little alien thing in your daughter's body that she does not want there..

doeydo said:

doeydo said:

Oh, FFS. You know damn well that she was being facetious. She doesn't truly believe it's an "alien". It's just not her grandchild, because it's a fetus that will not be born by her daughter's responsible choice.

I know you have zero respect for me and my beliefs, so I don't expect you to give a shit that these kind of statements are offensive to me. I know what you are passionate about, and I refrain from slinging it in the mud because that's how I was raised. I believe that the "clump of cells" are, in fact,her grandchild. I beleueve that the two "clumps of cells" that were miscarried in December are my nephews. I only commented because I have some hope that doeydo will have some respect.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    Denise40 said:
    I appreciate everyone's opinions and insight and their personal situations. I agree I came off being "arrogant" as some may think. I know it's her choice, her body and her life but when she herself told me in the past that she wanted to have a child before she turned 30 it's just makes me wonder that she is being pressured to do this. I know, it's still not my business or concern. I just got off the phone with her and I didn't say anything and neither did she. I told her that I loved her and that I'm here for her if she ever needed me.
    I am sure it is hard having to put aside your feelings in order to try to support your daughter, but I am sure she appreciates it/would appreciate it.  Others have said that maybe you should speak to someone about your feelings about all this, and I'd just like to second that that might be helpful to you.
    ETA  I was trying to say "good on you" sort of thing, not sure if it came accross that way or not.
  • MadHops21 said:
    ashley8918, I like your posts. Let's hang out. 
    Holla atcha girl!

• doeydo ?  image

This is one of those threads you just want with popcorn, but I have to defend Doeydo here. She's pretty amazing on these boards and never fights anyone. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF

I know you have zero respect for me and my beliefs, so I don't expect you to give a shit that these kind of statements are offensive to me. I know what you are passionate about, and I refrain from slinging it in the mud because that's how I was raised. I believe that the "clump of cells" are, in fact,her grandchild. I beleueve that the two "clumps of cells" that were miscarried in December are my nephews. I only commented because I have some hope that doeydo will have some respect.
    I am sure the miscarriage was very hard on the parents, and I am sorry for your/your family's losses.  However, personally I do not believe what you believe and from the OP she was referring to the fetus as a grandchild, so in my first post on this thread I was going at it with a pro-choice mentality and perhaps make her look at it in a new light.  
  • ...., you are not cut out for the internet (or life, really).
    I kick ass at life, thanks.
  • @JennyColada‌, I'm sorry that those words from others have hurt you.
  • MadHops21 said:
    doeydo ?  image

This is one of those threads you just want with popcorn, but I have to defend Doeydo here. She's pretty amazing on these boards and never fights anyone. 
    We should all drink milkshakes and shit.  Stupid distances :disappointed: 
  • @lolo883 thank you for saying that. I know I'm a good mom.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ...., you are not cut out for the internet (or life, really).
    .I kick ass at life, thanks. 

Classic "I have nothing of value to say, so I nitpick a tiny, irrelevant part of the post "
  • Denise, I think you handled the conversation the best way possible. I admire you for that, and hope you can find peace with whatever happens. You're a good mom. ((Hugs))
    Adding more ((hugs))
  • Denise, I think you handled the conversation the best way possible. I admire you for that, and hope you can find peace with whatever happens. You're a good mom. ((Hugs))
    Adding more ((hugs))

Thanks @ashley8918‌
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards