Chit Chat

"How many months have you been married...."

13»

Re: "How many months have you been married...."

• I got asked if I was pregnant yet twice last week. Based on the context neither bothered me. My boss asked me to try this new experiment, realized one of the chemicals is hazardous for pregnant ladies, then asked if I was okay to do this experiment. The other comment was from a coworker and was in a joking situation because I'm monopolizing a ton of lab supplies right now so there are none available for her. If I was pregnant I couldn't use some of the supplies so she would have more available. They both know that I'm hoping to have a baby while I'm writing my thesis. 
    No one else asks because everyone assumes I want to finish my PhD before getting pregnant.

Anniversary
  • People actually aren't too bad with us. Maybe we only know nice people?  Even the parents haven't been bad.  My mom is really good about it. She has emailed me some pregnancy info regarding taking folic acid and prenatals even if you're just trying, but apparently my other sister had been asking about it and so she just forwarded the info to all of us.  :p

My MIL will say stuff about it a little more than my mom, but in more subtle someday ways as opposed to "When are you giving me grandkids?"

H and I are headed in for a wedding soon and my little sister is expecting after a year of marriage. H and I have been married longer and so I expect comments from some of my relatives. It's H's brother's wedding, and knowing him and his FI the way I do, I fully expect that they won't wait very long to have kids, so then it'll be the younger brother on his side having kids before us as well.

I don't care at all that we got married first in our respective families and likely won't be having kids first in either farm, but it certainly does seem to make more comments come our way when it works out that way.

• beethery said:

I would be on the news from a damn jail cell if anyone asked me that kind of shit.

Yup. Someone actually came up to me and TOUCHED MY 100% NOT PREGNANT STOMACH. I grabbed their hand and gave it a crippling squeeze and told them "Don't ever fucking touch a woman's stomach without asking and don't ever fucking assume a woman is pregnant unless you see a crowning head from their vagina. You dipshit." And walked away. Some people are fucking thick. People like that make me wanna:

Who in their right mind thinks it's ok to touch a stranger's stomach, pregnant or not? 

What did this person say @mikenberger ?

You'd be surprised. I was at lunch with a friend and the waitress reached over to feel her belly and she grabbed her hand before she could touch her belly and was like "Please don't touch my stomach. It's not public property." We got a new waitress and free lunch haha

She just kind of looked at me like "What? Uh, I uh..." and then walked away quickly. She mumbled a sorry but I was too infuriated to acknowledge it. But I can say with confidence, I'm probably the last stranger she'll ever touch. For any reason.

• KahlylaKahlyla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    And whatever we ladies do, it's never enough. H and I have two kids and aren't planning on any more - but it's not enough, because, you know, neither of them is a girl.

But you have to have a giiiiiirl! Don't you want a girl? A) Okay, so... I'll just put in my order for one then? and 2) We don't want any more kids.

Is there an eye roll emoticon?
  • Guys, you need to know that due to this thread I dreamed I got pregnant and dream-me was PISSED that her dress didn't fit 6 months from now.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • edited June 2015
  • Nobody touches my food baby. He is mine. His name is Bo(Jangles).

/shoves entire biscuit in mouth because YUM
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Guys, you need to know that due to this thread I dreamed I got pregnant and dream-me was PISSED that her dress didn't fit 6 months from now.

hahah I had this same dream too like 8-9 months before my wedding date. I started having thoughts of like "What if I get pregnant now!? My dress will never fit. I'll either have a newborn or I'll be 9 months pregnant and a whale!"... I had another thought like that a few months ago, now I'm two months away and I'm like "Well, if I get pregnant now, I'll be alright. The corset can stretch enough."

Which all of these thoughts are totally ridiculous since pregnant is something I will never ever be lol weird how a lot women have those thoughts.

• My father is not a part of my life, but I have my step sister on FB. She told me that at her wedding reception years and years ago, she WAS pregnant but they were keeping it a secret. I guess my dad was the MC and either he was drunk or just an ass and announced it to all of the guests during dinner.

He was also an ass about not getting to walk her down the aisle since he bio dad did that, so who knows what he was thinking. But my jaw dropped when she told me that, and said it was awful.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards