Not Engaged Yet

Getting to know yooouu.

Re: Getting to know yooouu.

• Screen Name: Shelly1324
    Significant Other's Age: 20
    What You Do: Cashier (for fun), volunteer, and full time student
    What SO Does: Works at a library and full time student as well
    State of Relationship: Boyfriend/Girlfriend and just flowing along. As my friend says, we're engaged to be engaged.
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 years, going on 3 in May. Known him for going on 5/6 years.
    How You Met: First period (Algebra), my first day of Freshman year of high school (his first day of Sophomore year). 
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Not engaged, but I would LOVE a Fall wedding. *grins*
    Real Babies: None. 
    Fur Babies: Just one. A guinea pig named Buddy.
    Loves: Reading, volunteering, having a great time, meeting people
    Hates: the cold, being able to hear people eat (how do people even do that?!?), as strange as it is--people sneezing multiple times (get it under control, man) 
    Pet Peeves: I guess some stuff I wrote for above.. hearing people eat and multiple sneezes.
    Hobbies/Activities: Being a nerd 
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: Always seeing the best in people
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: I love him to no end but, always seeing the best in people. We're talking blinders to everything else.
    Describe Your Personality: Pretty easygoing, but let's be honest, I'm a real PITA.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 7
    I've Been On TK Since: July of 2013 (lurkin that is)
    How You Came to Be On TK: My boyfriend's sister got engaged and I got super into the wedding stuff.
    How I like my potatoes: As fries of course
    Favorite book/author: Stephen King for the win.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I was attending college beginning my Junior year of high school and never took a semester (that includes summer as well) off until last Spring (because my father passed away).I also have gotten certifications and stuff (tons of volunteer work across tons of fields) to purely bulk up my resume.  
  • Screen Name: texastoastee
    Significant Other's Age: 23
    What You Do: Student/Construction
    What SO Does: Police Officer
    State of Relationship: Talked about it forever, just waiting for it to actually happen!
    How Long You've Been Together: 6 years 3 months
    How You Met: High School Pre-Cal class
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): trying for next December/Jan...Post-grad wedding
    Real Babies: ...no.
    Fur Babies: one loving feline, named Cassie
    Loves: Building, designing, outdoors, mechanical work, cycling, gymnastics, yoga, judo, (a lot of fitness stuff), volunteering, leading volunteer projects that include remodeling and new construction, business/networking, crafts (quilting, crocheting), cooking/baking, gardening, reading, and traveling. 
    Hates: Fake people, dishonesty, greed, current state of our country, crocs, jean underwear (extremely short shorts), extremist macho men, the glass ceiling, and decaf coffee.
    Pet Peeves: Condescending tones/comments,
    Hobbies/Activities: Whoops, listed a lot of them in my loves...
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is kind and level headed, keeps me from getting my head too far into the clouds.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Can be too set in his ways and it keeps him from trying new things.
    Describe Your Personality: Highly ADHD, always going...like the energizer bunny,  and funny (but a lot of my humor can be dark). I'm an ESTJ personality type.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 7.5
    I've Been On TK Since: It's been a few months now...
    How You Came to Be On TK: Pins that I followed...
    How I like my potatoes: baked please.
    Favorite book/author: J.K. Rowling and Jane Austen...Harry Potter and Pride and Prejudice, respectively.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm 5'1" and a Construction Science and Management major...I'll hopefully be building hospitals and research facilities soon!
  • Screen Name: snarkymaid
    Significant Other's Age: 38
    What You Do: asset management (for now. hopefully starting business school in August)
    What SO Does: real estate development
    State of Relationship: happily dating
    How Long You've Been Together: 2.5 years
    How You Met: at work. 
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): n/a
    Real Babies: he has 2. none for me
    Fur Babies: none of my/our own. my parents have 2 golden retrievers that I claim are mine though
    Loves: cheese, wine, country music, football, Mexican food
    Hates: mushrooms, olives, stupidity
    Pet Peeves: when people stand on the left side of the escalator or stop in the middle of a crowded space. or when it takes too long to get a bagel. basically i'm impatient.
    Hobbies/Activities: running, playing flag football, reading, drinking, eating (sad but true)
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he makes me laugh even when I don't want to, and definitely keeps me on my toes.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: sometimes he talks to me like i'm one of the kids. we're working on that.
    Describe Your Personality: funny, witty, snarky, and a definite pain in the ass.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 8.5
    I've Been On TK Since: May? 
    How You Came to Be On TK: i was a 'maid for a friend who wanted us (as in, the entire guest list) to camp out in tents on the field her reception was to be held in. it was a BYO-tent event. i needed to hear other people's horror stories. I stayed for the shitshows and figured migrating over here where I belong (not engaged) could be worthwhile.
    How I like my potatoes: how DON'T i like my potatoes? definitely mashed with a lot of butter, or scalloped and super cheesy. or, guilty pleasure, cracker barrel's cheesy hash brown casserole.
    Favorite book/author: A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I cannot whistle!

• EunoiaPhoenixEunoiaPhoenix member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2014
    @WildMagelet I have a puppy named Anya and would love a Siberian Husky.
    "He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." - Emily Bronte
  • Screen Name: EunoiaPhoenix

Significant Other's Age: 30 

What You Do: Stay at home Mom, Interior Design major

What SO Does: Manager of a large retail/pharmacy chain 

State of Relationship: Cohabitation/Engaged

How Long You've Been Together: 2 years in February

How You Met: In College my Freshmen year, he was a Senior. His girlfriend and future ex-wife was my friend. Reconnected after their separation via Facebook.

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): As of now February 2016, possibly sooner.

Real Babies: A daughter, 8 and a son, 6 

Fur Babies: 3 male cats: Gabriel, 9, a Snowshoe Siamese; Oliver, a ginger tabby mix and Liam, a silver Egyptian Mau mix 3 (they're brothers); A new 8 month old puppy named Anya, a lab/terrier mix

Loves: rain, fall, animals, British anything, coffee, tea, redecorating, Doctor Who, learning and creating, history, travelling, reading, and shopping

Hates: voluntary ignorance, narrow minded individuals, mayo, celery, inconsideration, spiders, and slow/oblivious drivers

Hobbies/Activities: Singing, Painting/Drawing, Learning foreign languages (right now giving French another go), nurturing my babies (including fur babies)

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's confident and likes to take the lead. Also very level-headed and has a secret soft side, especially for animals.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's a very logical thinker and sometimes is apathetic. He's a smacker and loud chewer...

Describe Your Personality: A bit shy at first, but slowly my weird starts to show. Loyal, caring and very protective...tender hearted, but strong minded. Sarcastic, witty, quirky, blah, blah, blah...

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 8/9

I've Been On TK Since: On and off for years

How You Came to Be On TK: browsing wedding sites and stumbled across the link

How I like my potatoes: EVERY WAY! But mashed potatoes are my favorite. Second favorite comfort food to Mac and Cheese.

Favorite book/author: J.K. Rowling, Jane Austen, Anais Nin, Agatha Christie 

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Right after high school one of my many rescue kitties (I lived in the country) gave birth and I raised him from the moment he was born, cutting the umbilical as well. Gabriel went to work with me, restaurants, shopping, everywhere until he became too big. He was apparently my practice run for I had my daughter the following summer.

I can do various, near flawless accents, mainly British accents.

I suffer through Misophonia, which means I really love my fiancé.

"He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." - Emily Bronte
  • Screen Name: Patricia
    Significant Other's Age: 30
    What You Do: finishing phD in molecular biology
    What SO Does: IT
    State of Relationship: Boyfriend/Girlfriend, moving together within a few days
    How Long You've Been Together: 5,5 years
    How You Met: Playing basketball, a friend introduced us
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 20 june '15
    Real Babies: None. 
    Fur Babies: Nope
    Loves: Reading,walking, ping pong, olives, food
    Hates: celery, being late
    Pet Peeves:  drinking water after eating artichokes or melon
    Hobbies/Activities: learning html/css + german
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: make me be a better person
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: sometimes too much reasoning :P
    Describe Your Personality: open-minded, happy, love to cry every now and then
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5
    I've Been On TK Since: Christmas '14!
    How You Came to Be On TK: best friend
    How I like my potatoes: french fries
    Favorite book/author: If this is a man, Primo Levi
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I want to visit all the countries of the world and if I visit 4 every year, when i'm 73, the world will be mine! :P So far, 22 countries.
  • edited December 2014
    Screen Name: Futuremrslavender
    Significant Other's Age: 32
    What You Do: Work in film/tv in the costume department
    What SO Does: assistant warehouse floormanager
    State of Relationship: great!
    How Long You've Been Together: almost 4 years
    How You Met: my cousins fiance introduced us never saw him again till 4 months later he came to my birthday we couldn't take our eyes off of each other, I added him to FB we chatted and set up a date. instead we saw each other every day that week and on the day of our official date at the end of the night when I had to go home he asked me to go steady with him.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): not engaged yet but were looking at april 23 2016
    Real Babies: nope!
    Fur Babies: a lovely  girl German Shepherd we call Hurley 
    Loves: fashion the outdoors, camping adventures, traveling
    Hates: liers, mean people
    Pet Peeves: when people think their way of doing something is THE only way to do it
    Hobbies/Activities: baking, knitting, working out, traveling...
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he has the kindest heart, he will do anything for me or someone he truly cares for. 
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He smokes
    Describe Your Personality: Quarky Audrey Hepburn meets Marilyn Monroe meets Katy Perry ;)
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): maybe 5 I'm not sure I can be blunt sometimes :/
    I've Been On TK Since: mmmmmm a couple of months now
    How You Came to Be On TK: I just like to get ideas I love to organize and plan 
    How I like my potatoes: MASHED not only is it good to eat its a dance move!
    Favorite book/author: If you have to cry go outside Kelly Cutrone 
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I really love going to the beach in the summer and swimming as far out as I possibly can, I love to climb trees and go hiking, when my friends are sad or sick I lip sync to songs and make a silly music video to cheer them up. I love to dance no I am not a professional dancer I just like to wiggle my bum as much as I can. Im a goof. :) 

• Screen Name: JustD16

Significant Other's Age: 33

What You Do: Full time Nursing Student (I am a career changer.  I used to teach high school English and now I am transitioning to being a nurse midwife.)

What SO Does: Barista at a Starbucks in a hospital.  

State of Relationship: Living together

How Long You've Been Together: 2.5 years

How You Met: Online - OkCupid to be exact

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): N/A currently

Real Babies: None and will be remaining childfree

Fur Babies: None yet

Loves: Going home (to FL), fall, reading, coffee, streaming entire series on Netflix, makeup.  

Hates: Discrimination, intolerance, bad grammar, cilantro, and when the bottom of your jeans get wet and then take forever to dry!

Hobbies/Activities: Reading (mostly just textbooks these days), baking, and watching countless makeup tutorials on YouTube.  

Favorite Thing About Your SO:  The way he takes care of me.  I can be fiercely independent and stubborn but since the very start, he's had a way of making me let my guard down and he does little things every single day that show me how much he loves me.  

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's not particularly loquacious.  He will say he loves me all the time but he's not the type to write a love letter or go on a monologue about his undying love.  He is much more action oriented (which I love, I just like words, too!)

Describe Your Personality: Quiet observer at first, I do not like to be the center of attention, but once I am comfortable with someone, I have no filter!  I am very open and honest with my friends.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): At least a 7!

I've Been On TK Since: On and off since 2009, I'd say.

How You Came to Be On TK: I was engaged once before, too young and too quickly.  I left before we got married.

How I like my potatoes: I have Irish roots.  I love them all ways.  I just prefer you don't much them up with chives and if you're going to put bacon on  them, make it extra crispy!  Corned beef and hash is up there as a favorite, though!

Favorite book/author: The Great Gatsby.  I also really like Audre Lorde, Daniel Silva, and read all of the Harry Potter novels.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I have been skydiving twice and had never seen snow until the winter after I moved to Pittsburgh when I was 24.  My boyfriend is 1/8 Amish and we spend holidays with his very conservative Mennonite grandparents.  
    "Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other." Rilke.
  • twostep127twostep127 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2015
    Hello everyone! Longtime lurker, finally joining, here goes!

Screen Name: twostep127
    Significant Other's Age: 25
    What You Do: Book editor
    What SO Does: Tech consulting
    State of Relationship: Boyfriend/girlfriend
    How Long You've Been Together: 2.25 years
    How You Met: Originally in high school! Reconnected a year after finishing college.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): I wish, haha!
    Real Babies: 0
    Fur Babies: One precious yellow lab, Maggie!
    Loves: Craft beer, the beach, dogs, and scorching hot weather.
    Hates: Mushrooms, apathetic people, cold weather
    Pet Peeves: I'm the MOST impatient person ever....so slow drivers/walkers/talkers. Working on being nicer about it :)
    Hobbies/Activities: Cooking, working out (running & lifting), reading, speaking French
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His confidence, sense of humor and the way he makes me lighten up.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: That he sometimes refuses to take things seriously.
    Describe Your Personality: Introverted, sarcastic, talkative and friendly!
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 9
    I've Been On TK Since: Spring 2014
    How You Came to Be On TK: Wedding dress galleries...sorry not sorry!
    How I like my potatoes: Sweet and roasted
    Favorite book/author: F. Scott Fitzgerald and John Hemingway.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I don't like bacon or pumpkin spice lattes. I'm the earliest of the early birds and am usually up by 5!
  • Screen Name: sunshineontherun

Significant Other's Age: 24

What You Do: I work in production in Sports Media!

What SO Does: Same exact job, at the same exact place

State of Relationship: living together, close to getting engaged

How Long You've Been Together: almost 4 years. 

How You Met: We worked together at our college tv station

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):

Real Babies: not for a while

Fur Babies: not for a while, either

Loves: cooking, champaign, running, crafting, sparkles and traveling 

Hates: loud neighbors, reality tv, nails on a chalkboard

Pet Peeves: using the wedding hashtag for non-wedding thing, people who don't shovel their walks

Hobbies/Activities: cooking, running, going to sporting events, wine tasting

Favorite Thing About Your SO: he's patient, kind, caring, the way he always tries to lift me up. 

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he's not one to buy flowers or just up and do something. I'd like if that happened more. But he did make sure we both had off work and is taking me back to our college town for our anniversary! So he's working on it!

Describe Your Personality: I'm usually quiet but love to join in when something interests me and I can help out. 
    I love meeting new people!

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Probably a solid 8 these days.

I've Been On TK Since: I was helping my friend plan her wedding over the last year, so I've been hanging around the other side of the site for the past year or so. 

How You Came to Be On TK: On the boards? Had to snark about some social media overshare on snarky briddes before I exploded. 

How I like my potatoes: My parents are Irish, so literally any way. But especially twice baked with some crispy skin good cheese and crisp bacon mixed in there!

Favorite book/author: What a question! These days The Red Tent is my favorite book...toss in some Margaret Atwood because I'll ready anything by her.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've been to the Olympics and it was the best experience of my life! I was lucky enough that SO was also working with me there and we got to experience the entire thing together. I'm also working on running a half marathon in a year. I'm running a 4 mile leg in a relay marathon in April though...and I'm working my way up to being able to run like 40 minutes straight through. 30 more to go!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Screen Name: Debbie
    Significant Other's Age: 42
    What You Do: ESL Instructor and Children's Lit/Early Childhood Professor
    What SO Does: Social Worker

State of Relationship: talking about marriage seriously.  He asked when my dad was coming to visit next.
    How Long You've Been Together: two years total, but we dated for a year, broke up or three but remained close friends and have been back together a year.
    How You Met: match.com
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): fall 2016
    Real Babies: None, but we have adopted some of my students (as their American parents)
    Fur Babies: his roommate has a cat
    Loves: cooking, camping, travelling, board games and visiting museums
    Hates: loud neighbors, phoniness and rude people
    Pet Peeves: same as our hates
    Hobbies/Activities: same as loves
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he's the most thoughtful person I've ever met.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he lacks spontaneity.  Never plans ahead.  
    Describe Your Personality: I am warm, talkative and bubbly.  I am really loving. So unorganized and messy.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): depends on the day. 
    I've Been On TK Since: 7
    How You Came to Be On TK: Wanted to look ideas for a wedding though we have most of it planned.
    How I like my potatoes: baked, French fry-ed, mashed, even chocolate covered coconuts that are made to look like potatoes. 
    Favorite book/author: Anything by Betty Azar.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have had three open heart surgeries.  Also I can say speak three English, some Spanish, beginner Japanese.and I can greet people as in Hi how are you in Russian, Arabic, Thai, Portuguese and Korean.     
  • Screen Name: ginnybinny17
    Significant Other's Age: 30
    What You Do: lawyer
    What SO Does: designs signs so i guess graphic design??? i'm never sure how to describe it
    State of Relationship: boyfriend/girlfriend, moving in together very soon!
    How Long You've Been Together: four months
    How You Met: okcupid so bless that terrible godforsaken website
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): not engaged!
    Real Babies: nope 
    Fur Babies: two fur babies - both mine!  a lab named Ginny and a total mutt named Melody.  SO wants a dog named Avon after Avon Barksdale from The Wire.  
    Loves: reading, movies, swimming, running, DOGS
    Hates: smugness, cold weather, runny noses
    Pet Peeves: when my hair blows into my lip gloss
    Hobbies/Activities: see loves
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: incredibly understanding and empathetic
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he's so enthusiastic about sharing his own interests that sometimes he forgets to ask about mine!
    Describe Your Personality: passionate and empathetic and kind, but suuuuuper type-A
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 7
    I've Been On TK Since: lurking for a few months???
    How You Came to Be On TK: oogling dresses
    How I like my potatoes: baked
    Favorite book/author: stephen king's "the long walk"
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  i have a tattoo of the children's book character Stellaluna!

• Screen Name: meg4117
    Significant Other's Age: 30
    What You Do: Sales Manager
    What SO Does: Pilot
    State of Relationship: In Love... (what does that even mean??)
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 years
    How You Met: through a friend
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): stay tuned.... will be soon
    Real Babies:  no thank you, we will be kid-less
    Fur Babies:  ava  - the cat, and soon a golden Labrador
    Loves: Ava, my bubbie, my family and see hobbies.
    Hates: see pet peeves
    Pet Peeves: idiots, slow drivers, people who do not say sorry
    Hobbies/Activities:  painting, reading, certain tv shows, gym, cooking, traveling, planning events and travel for us and friends
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: his ability to turn me from upside down to happy
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: farts, but i am used to it
    Describe Your Personality: funny, fun, but highly sarcastic, with a level of sympathy
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 9.85
    I've Been On TK Since: been stalking here since 2009
    How You Came to Be On TK: all my friend's weddings, and then my own
    How I like my potatoes: oooh good question - mashed my special way or baked
    Favorite book/author: elin hilderbrand and emily giffin
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I was on tv in the audience of price is right
  • Screen Name: samarixe
    What You Do: Research assistant
    What SO Does: Snr. application developer
    State of Relationship: living together for 5.5 years
    How Long You've Been Together: 8 years
    How You Met: we worked together at a grocery store in high school
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): N/A
    Real Babies: nope
    Fur Babies: two cats, Franklin & Ferguson (Ferguson is my photo), fur babies are the best!
    Loves: cooking, baking, beauty products, genetics, home decor & design
    Hates: feet, white condiments
    Pet Peeves: tapping and bouncing legs/feet
    Hobbies/Activities: making a scrapbook type cookbook, organizing, decorating
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he's very intelligent and caring, we're just as close as my very best friends
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he's not very talkative, sometimes it can be difficult to get him to open up
    Describe Your Personality: generally pretty shy, optimistic, caring, and sarcastic
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):4
    I've Been On TK Since: I've been reading, trying to get a sense of the community for a month or so
    How You Came to Be On TK: my mom's best friend is getting married, and asked me to look ideas & inspiration
    How I like my potatoes: fried, roasted, I've only recently started to like potatoes again, I've really missed out
    Favorite book/author: my tastes are all over the place, Before I Fall is a recent favorite
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have a younger brother, and was diagnosed with CF when I was 6 mos.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Screen Name: IonaErebor
    Significant Other's Age: 27
    What You Do: I’m a wave power engineer.
    What SO Does: She’s a chemical engineer.
    State of Relationship: Living together, and TTC
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 years in April
    How You Met: She’s the sister of a good friend of mine. We originally met when she was 16, when her sister and I were studying abroad in Finland, but obviously there was nothing between us. Then I met her again at her sister’s wedding in Iceland, and it turned out we actually lived in the same city, so we agreed to meet up when we got home, and that ended up being our first date! We’ve been together ever since.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Not engaged yet.
    Real Babies: None yet, but we started trying to get pregnant in November.
    Fur Babies: GF has two cats, Nott and Dagr, and I have a snake named Cara, and a couple of bearded dragons, Maisie and Molly. 
    Loves: Baking, food, skiing, physics, travelling, my work, spending time with loved ones.
    Hates: People who spit
    [IM1] . And people who take the bible, or any other religious writing, completely literally.
    Pet Peeves: People who don’t wait in queues properly at bus/tram/train stops, being late.
    Hobbies/Activities: I just finished a Master’s degree in Physics, so that was my hobby I guess for a couple of years. I also ski, travel a lot, and read a lot. And I’m trying to make a quilt.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: She’s got a wicked sense of humour, and she’s snuggly.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: She’s prettier than me, haha. No, really, she finds it hard to just chill out sometimes.
    Describe Your Personality: I’m quite quiet at first, laid back, and generally curious about everything.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): My snark levels depend on my mood. If I’m a very good mood, it goes up to a nine, otherwise it sits at about a six, though online it’s only about a two or three.
    I've Been On TK Since: I only signed up within the past week because I joined TB, but I lurked for years when a load of my friends and family got married within a couple of years.
    How You Came to Be On TK: I joined the bump a few days ago since GF and I are TTC, and ended up coming over here as well.
    How I like my potatoes: I don’t actually eat potatoes all that much, but I do love them as bratkartoffeln with onion and bacon.

Favorite book/author: The King Killer Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss, and The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I had lived in four countries by the time I was seven, and have now lived in nine, but I identify as Scottish. I also speak three languages fluently.

• Screen Name: Kiwi

What You Do: Sporting Goods Retail

What SO Does: civilian who builds submarines for the navy

State of Relationship: Dating on and off three years, officially a serious, long term relationship for six months.

How Long You've Been Together: 3 years, serious for 6 months

How You Met: He was a regular customer at a fast food restaurant I used to work at and was friends with my manager. The manager told him one night to stop flirting with me and ask me out already. So he did.

Real Babies: none but we have our kids names picked out. hehe

Fur Babies: I have a lot much to my boyfriend's dismay. Not that he doesn't like animals but he's not so sure  about my six cats, three large dogs, four horses, and ten chickens. He told me that when I move in with him, I'm allowed one cat and one dog. All the other animals stay at my parent's farm.

Loves: Cats, tea, animals, books, Harry Potter, flowers, nature, France, vintage stuff

Hates: asparagus, the color orange, prunes, robot stuff because it's creepy

Pet Peeves: People who treat food service employees badly, preppy girls who squeal too much, materialism and people who buy stuff just to buy stuff, people who come into work and are lazy

Hobbies/Activities: sailing, horseback riding, reading, writing

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He puts up with a lot. He's very laid back and chill so it balances out my hyper, high stress personality. He also prefers me to not wear makeup. In fact, he showed up the other night after I had gone to bed just to bring me some food and give me a goodnight kiss. My hair was sticking up and I had a major breakout. He said I was beautiful anyway when I pointed out how I looked. It was so sweet! He loves me for who I am.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's bad at communicating so it's hard to carry a convo over the phone with him. He also is a workaholic and he likes to talk about work too much and overwork himself by working 10 days straight without a day off and skipping his break and then complain that he's exhausted and he doesn't know why. lol

Describe Your Personality: I can  be nice but I'm incredibly stubborn, blunt, and I like things a certain way. I'm an INFJ and I kind of keep to myself. If I like you, that's an honor because I am not friends with everybody. My temper is something I've been trying to work on.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 9

I've Been On TK Since: last week? I had to to wait to post for some reason.

How You Came to Be On TK: My boyfriend recently starting saying stuff like when we get married, when we have kids so I asked him if he was planning on marrying me. He said yes, in a year or two he will propose once he gets the promotion he wants at work. So I asked him what he wanted in a wedding and he told me a few ideas. I just thought I'd make an account just for fun until I actually get a ring on my finger. I also attended a wedding this weekend so I'm kind of in wedding fever mode right now.

How I like my potatoes: twice baked with bacon, butter, salt, pepper, chives, and sour cream
    Favorite book/author: J.K. Rowling

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I took six months off and spent an entire summer backpacking around Montana and Wyoming, particularly Yellowstone National Park and Grand Tetons National Park. It was amazing and the best summer I ever had!
  • Screen Name: nicemarmot
    Significant Other's Age: 33 (yep, I seem to be a bit of a cougar!)
    What You Do: Project Manager
    What SO Does: Software Developer
    State of Relationship: dating - although engagement date has been set.
    How Long You've Been Together: 6 months
    How You Met: at work
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Oct - Dec 2016
    Real Babies: No thanks!
    Fur Babies: Bliss, the rescued racing Greyhound
    Loves: travel, good food, long walks, reading
    Hates: bigotry, heat (I'm allergic to the sun)
    Pet Peeves: people with no manners.
    Hobbies/Activities: distance walking (doing a 100k walk this July!), baking, working out. 
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he is the smartest guy, with a very dry sense of humour. Great at what he does and a truly good, caring person. Super sexy too!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he's a bit shy and can be resistant to change.
    Describe Your Personality: very outgoing, friendly and laid back.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): quite high, I would say at least an 8.
    I've Been On TK Since: lurking for quite a while. Started posting today.
    How You Came to Be On TK: Who knows, it was so long ago.
    How I like my potatoes: Just back from a trip to Belgium, so I would say chips!
    Favorite book/author: too many to mention! Let's say my countryman Jorge Luis Borges.
    Interesting About Yourself: I'm Argentinian, but I left my country at 19 to work on cruise ships, then moved to Austria, where I lived until late 2000 when I moved to the UK. I consider myself a citizen of the world.

• Screen Name: AnidoriKiladra
    Significant Other's Age: 21 (22 on Monday)
    What You Do: document management at a port authority office
    What SO Does: longshoring (he just finished all his testing and got a number! Yay)
    State of Relationship: boyfriend/girlfriend
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 years
    How You Met: University, we lived in the same dorm. My best friend introduced us as they had grown up in the same town.
    Real Babies:
    Fur Babies:
    Loves: books, shows, computer games, ballet, music
    Hates: watching sports, seafood (except tuna and fish n chips)
    Pet Peeves: leaving crap all around the house for other people to clean up, not putting down the toilet seat, leaving water all over the floor
    Hobbies/Activities: reading, pc games, watching shows
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he's very caring and is hilarious, and he's super dependable
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: very stubborn
    Describe Your Personality: slightly shy but quite friendly. Bit of a dreamer. Kind of ocd personality, can be pretty critical of myself and other people
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): eh, depends on the situation. Love other people's snark but I don't tend to say snarky things. I'll think them though
    I've Been On TK Since: new member but been lurking for a couple weeks
    How You Came to Be On TK: BF told me to start looking at wedding stuff and I found the forum. Stopped me from pre-planning!
    How I like my potatoes: scalloped with cheese
    Favorite book/author: The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale (where my username comes from)
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: to be honest I'm not all that interesting? Idk I have an identical twin sister. That's usually my default "interesting thing"
  • Screen Name: AdoptedCalm
    Significant Other's Age: 34
    What You Do: I am an assistant manager at a wedding shop.
    What SO Does: He works on an oil boat
    State of Relationship: Living together.
    How Long You've Been Together: Almost 2 1/2 years
    How You Met: In a bar at an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party
    Real Babies: n/a
    Fur Babies: We have a hedgehog named Carla.
    Loves: Life, napping, family, friends, reality television/television in general and eating.
    Hates: Intolerance
    Pet Peeves: No manners and people on their cell phones. The fact that everyone on this board thinks they are very snarky.
    Hobbies/Activities: Photography, scrap booking, crafts and reading/writing.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: How ridiculously good looking he is. Or how amazing he makes me feel.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He smokes.
    Describe Your Personality: I am a very patient person. I love helping people in all capacities. I am outgoing and optimistic.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I will let you decide.
    I've Been On TK Since: They decided to use TK as an abbreviation.
    How You Came to Be On TK: I love weddings.
    How I like my potatoes: Skinned and loaded.
    Favorite book/author: Are You My Mother by Dr Seuss
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have crooked pinkies.
  • @adoptedcalm OMG a hedgehog as a pet! I am certainly jealous!
  • @adoptedcalm OMG a hedgehog as a pet! I am certainly jealous!

She is quite wonderful.
  • nicemarmotnicemarmot member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    @AdoptedCalm that's the cutest thing I've ever seen!

• Screen Name: NoWittyUsername
    Significant Other's Age: 36
    What You Do: Photographer
    What SO Does:  Finance
    State of Relationship:  Dating
    How Long You've Been Together: 5 Years
    How You Met: Online
    Real Babies: 2 (mine, not his)
    Fur Babies: None
    Loves: Cuddles from my kids, photography, traveling, summer rain storms, kitchen dance parties with my littles
    Hates:  Self absorbed people, how hard is it to ask about other folks from time to time, people that judge, confrontation
    Pet Peeves:  Chewing with your mouth open, the sound of people kissing on tv
    Hobbies/Activities:  Travel, photography
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:  I am an over reactor (BIG time), he is the calm, cool collected one and I adore him for it.  It balances us.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  His stupid cell phone and the fact that he is always on it!
    Describe Your Personality: Fiercely loyal, fun, sweet, but with a biting temper when I get angry.  Tend to be pretty offbeat, a bit weird (but aren't we all), and really goofy
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  3-4ish?
    I've Been On TK Since:  A couple of days
    How You Came to Be On TK:  SO and I have been talking about getting engaged/
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed with white cream gravy
    Favorite book/author: Dresden Series
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: What would strangers consider interesting?  My ex husband left me for another woman, and instead of curling up in a little ball and crying, I took the opportunity to show my kids what a strong, independent woman looks like.  I moved to another state, and made it my mission to give my kids an amazing life on my own.  Now they see what hardwork, determination, and a little tenacity will do!
  • Screen Name: untouchablets
    Significant Other's Age: 23
    What You Do: I am a supervisor at Starbucks and full time student
    What SO Does: also a full time student and a high school fencing coach
    State of Relationship: not engaged yet
    How Long You've Been Together: 5 1/2 years
    How You Met: I wanted to make friends on our first night dorming at college (we moved in earlier than everyone else for late orientation) and decided to knock in all the doors in our building. His was one of those doors. This was the first time we went to college btw, we are both on round two.
    Real Babies: n/a
    Fur Babies: Loki and Gunnar are my dogs, Ginger and Amber are my cats, and Ralphie is my rabbit.
    Loves: coffee, food, my pets, Greys anatomy, and Taylor Swift
    Hates: most non-green vegetables, winter/snow, waking up without coffee readily available
    Pet Peeves: lateness and when people are on the phone in line when I'm ready for the next customer and I have to scream at them to get their attention.
    Hobbies/Activities: when I have time between work and school I like to draw and knit and play with my makeup but usually I just wind up watching YouTube for 10 hours.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: it's hard to pick just one thing, almost everything about him is my favorite thing about him.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he is obsessed with fencing to an inconvenient degree and is always ALWAYS late (see pet peeves).
    Describe Your Personality: sarcastic, workaholic, can't sit still, funny, tired, artistic, not really ever sure of what I'm doing.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): my snark level is 10, my snark is legendary wherever I go (im serious) but I'm rarely malicious, I just think it's fun and that I'm incredibly funny. I've turned it into an art form.
    I've Been On TK Since: a few days ago
    How You Came to Be On TK: my best friend is being terrorized by the maid of honor of the wedding she is in so I was looking for tips to help her out in dealing with it gracefully. Then I found the NEY board and thought "perfect!"
    How I like my potatoes: there's not a single way I don't like my potatoes, but mashed are my ride or die
    Favorite book/author: the LOTR/hobbit universe, JRR Tolkein
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: if it exists in nature I'm probably allergic to it and my doctor hates that I have so many pets but I'd be lost without them. My solution is lots and lots of antihistamines and defiance.
  • nycgal85nycgal85 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    Screen Name: nycgal85

Significant Other's Age: 29 (will be 30 in 2 months)

What You Do: Medical Librarian

What SO Does: Attorney

State of Relationship: Living together, soon to be engaged

How Long You've Been Together: Almost 3 years

How You Met: OkCupid

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): It will likely be Spring 2016

Real Babies: None

Fur Babies: None, though I love puppies and want one really bad!!

Loves: Puppies, Sleeping, Ice Cream, Chocolate, the Ocean, Traveling, Cheese

Hates: Creepy-crawlies, Snakes, Rain, the MTA

Pet Peeves: Rude people

Hobbies/Activities:
    Reading, Blogging, Running (sometimes, not this winter!!!)

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's my best friend and he makes me want to be a better person

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He constantly plays video games

Describe Your Personality: ENFP, sensitive, emotional, hyper, silly

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 3-4

I've Been On TK Since: Fall 2014

How You Came to Be On TK: I was getting impatient waiting for my SO to propose so I figured I would channel my energy here

How I like my potatoes: Mashed, Cheesy

Favorite book/author: JK Rowling

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: My dream was to live in NYC, when I was 26 that dream came true. I still get glassy-eyed whenever we drive over a bridge with a view of the skyline.
  • hello everyone!

Screen Name: jenjen047
    What You Do: marketing
    What SO Does: sales
    State of Relationship: living together
    How Long You've Been Together: 8 months
    How You Met: in a bar (he was the bartender)
    Real Babies: N/A
    Fur Babies: a maltipoo
    Loves: trashy tv, manis/pedis, online shopping
    Hates: working out, cold weather, spinach
    Pet Peeves: people not replying to texts, snoring
    Hobbies/Activities: see "loves" above
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: his accent (Irish)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: snoring
    Describe Your Personality: friendly, sarcastic, a little nuts (i make spreadsheets for everything)
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): depends how well i know the person....but on average id say 6/7
    I've Been On TK Since: i made an account 4 years ago when i thought i was with "the one"....but then that didnt turn out as expected. i kept the account but didnt post
    How You Came to Be On TK: daydreaming about my wedding
    How I like my potatoes: mashed
    Favorite book/author: anything by emily giffin
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: i do marketing for "feminine care" products.....livin' the dream, amirite??
  • @AdoptedCalm - I keep telling my SO that we should get a hedgehog!!  One of my professors in college had one and he was so cute! 

How's the care on them? We live in a small apartment (626sqft - 1bdr), which is why we can't get a dog right now, so I've been thinking about alternatives. SO wants a bunny (but I refuse, too dirty). I had pet rats when I was in college and they were sweeties but he's a native NYer and can't get past that they are RATS.
  • Screen Name: Loves2Dream
    Significant Other's Age: 37
    What You Do: Accountant
    What SO Does: Accountant
    State of Relationship: Living together, not engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 years
    How You Met: Meet Up Group
    Real Babies: 0
    Fur Babies: 2
    Loves: My daughfurs (fur babies)
    Hates: Snapping fingers
    Pet Peeves: Just one?
    Hobbies/Activities: Cooking, love it!
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He listens to what I say
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He hates change
    Describe Your Personality: Outgoing, forward
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Depends on the situation, some don't deserve my snark
    I've Been On TK Since: on and off since like 2008 or so
    How You Came to Be On TK: I don't really recall  
    How I like my potatoes: baked, salt, pepper and sour cream
    Favorite book/author: I don't have favorites, seriously I do but I couldn't narrow it down to one
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have nine toenails due to an unfortunate incident as a child and my pedicure lady STILL paints the skin there despite my telling her repeatedly to leave it the heck alone!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers'> 
  • @nycgal85 Hedgehogs are great pets as long as you can accept that they are spikey and like to sleep a lot. My SO can't wrap his head around that so he doesn't understand why I ever wanted her but I love her.

Care is really easy, similar to having a hamster or mouse (I have never owned a rat so I don't know what care goes into them but I would imagine it is similar) My hedgehog is not very dirty but some are dirtier than others. They eat cat food so they are very easy to please.

The hardest part in her care is temperature. They need to be warm or they will try to hibernate which will kill them. I have to make sure my heat is always on 70 and keep her cage covered in blankets and give her little blankets to roll up in. Some people buy heat lamps but I have yet to do that, although I am considering it for next winter. We live in a one bedroom and her cage stays in the living room. Her cage is as big as a bunny cage but doesn't take up much room at all. Hope this helps! But yes, get a hedgehog! Although, they are illegal in some cities so check into that for sure!
  • FeeBee522FeeBee522 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2015
    Screen Name: FeeBee
    Significant Other's Age:
    What You Do:
    Waitress/Student
    What SO Does:
    Owns a body shop
    State of Relationship:
    BF/GF
    How Long You've Been Together:
    2 years
    How You Met:
    My best friend used to work with him and she set us up. 
    Real Babies:
    I have a 6 year old and we will have our first together in about 11 weeks. 
    Fur Babies:
    A bunny named Bunny. 
    Loves:
    Reading, being outdoors (especially canoeing, fishing), crafts (painting, crocheting)
    Hates:
    Snow, when people cancel plans at the last second, being late
    Pet Peeves:
    Being ignored by friends/family unless they want something
    Hobbies/Activities:
    Crafting, canoeing, fishing,
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    How he would genuinely do anything for me and our children. He would do without to make us happy. 
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    He's a severe workaholic. His work ethic is a blessing and a curse. 
    Describe Your Personality:
    Quiet, shy until I know someone and then I can be loud and crazy. I have a dirty sense of humor on occasion and am always cracking jokes. 
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):
    Depends on my mood, 5-7 usually. 
    I've Been On TK Since:
    This is my first official post. I have been lurking for a couple weeks. 
    How You Came to Be On TK: I used to go on TheBump, so that's how I heard about TK. 
    How I like my potatoes: French fries, hash browns, mashed, baked. Any potatoes are good potatoes. 
    Favorite book/author: Harry Potter forever. 
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I love to cook/bake and am pretty good at it (or so I'm told). 

ETA: I changed my name in account settings but it's not showing up here.