Chit Chat
Options

Show me your dream kitchen finishings

1235»

Re: Show me your dream kitchen finishings

• Options
    Damnit... Take two @pinkrevenge
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I have light wood cabinets and blue stone for the counters and island. It doesn't sound great but looks awesome. When I have time to clean up a bit I can snap a few pictures! Our floors are a light wood that match the cabinets with a dark accent around the island. Next upgrade will be stainless steel appliances and then I'll be a happy camper!
  • Options
    sunset30 said:

I'm definitely leaning toward quartz for the counters rather than granite. 

H thinks lighter counters will be harder to keep clean, but I disagree. Dark counters just seem CONSTANTLY dusty. And then he says the same thing about dark floors and dark cabinets, but I don't want it to feel like I'm cooking in the Batcave.
    Speaking from someone who has white quartz countertops, I agree with your husband that they can be hard to keep clean. My husband is not the neatest in the kitchen, and if he spills a drop of coffee or red wine on the counters and doesn't wipe it right away, it is a pain to clean off. Similarly, if I have my laptop on the island or something slightly heavy and it rubs against the counters, I often get get scuffs that I need to scrub at pretty hard. 

If you do go with a white counter, I'd suggest something with some grain or pattern in it that can help hide some of it. We are building a home now and I refuse to get white counters as after less than two years with white quartz in our kitchen (ours is pretty much solid white) I am so frustrated with it! 
    Noooo I don't want any solid white anywhere. Definitely some gray and/or tan, just not the blacks and deep browns he likes. I like the Aria and Seleno Silestone colors.

• Options

I like this one...

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    Oh, is THAT how you perfect a kitchen? I'm all set then. Nothing on this planet is sexier to me than watching FI cook. 

Although it might be even sexier if he's cooking on that fantastic copper range....
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Whoa I clicked from the first to fifth page and this thread definitely took a different direction. 

I would be a terrible interior designer because I kind of like everything. I like farmhouses, but I also like modern and eclectic. I don't really know much, but I did almost buy a house just because it had really adorable butcher block counters. I should've taken pics, but these are close enough, though the one I saw was actually used:

Definitely want a gas stove.  We just got an awesome new fridge and I want one basically just like it when we moved. But yeah, if it's cozy and lived in and has lots of storage space, I'm happy. Not a really big fan of the sterile white look- pretty, but I'm afraid to touch anything.  Double oven would be freakin' awesome but probably overkill. 
  • Options
    st

I have light wood cabinets and blue stone for the counters and island. It doesn't sound great but looks awesome. When I have time to clean up a bit I can snap a few pictures! Our floors are a light wood that match the cabinets with a dark accent around the island. Next upgrade will be stainless steel appliances and then I'll be a happy camper!

I need to see this kitchen! I love blue!
  • Options
    My dream kitchen has her in it *le sigh* 
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options

My dream kitchen Oven is a Viking with the gas cooktop and convection oven. Yesssssssssss.

Pretty sure those start at $8k.

How many sellable organs is that? My kidney? H's? I'll do it.

• Options

My dream kitchen Oven is a Viking with the gas cooktop and convection oven. Yesssssssssss.

Pretty sure those start at $8k.

How many sellable organs is that? My kidney? H's? I'll do it.
    According to this http://www.cbsnews.com/news/black-market-kidneys-160000-a-pop/ you could get 10,000 dollars.  Sooooooo you could get this oven and gas cook top
  • Options
    julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

Have you guys seen the viking ranges were the cooktop is gas and the oven is convection? Lovely.

Though my dream kitchen has double wall ovens, so moot point.

My new whirlpool is a gas range with 2 ovens (a small one and a larger one).  The larger one has a convection option.  And it certainly didn't cost $8k, although it's not nearly as cool as a Viking.  I had a Viking in a rental in Chicago and I burned everything on it at first because the burners were so hardcore LOL
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    KatieinBklnKatieinBkln member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

Oh and I need a pot filler. Preferably within reach of the coffee maker, too!

I like this one...

Oh yes. Lawd almighty. I love where this thread has gone.

Eta I also love the pot filler? Quotes are crazy!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options

Have you guys seen the viking ranges were the cooktop is gas and the oven is convection? Lovely.

Though my dream kitchen has double wall ovens, so moot point.

My parents have a gas stove in the island, and then the convection oven is in the wall. Not the same as a viking, obviously.

• Options
    I can't even enjoy the hotness of these guys cooking shirtless cuz I'm all "NNOOOO! GREASE BURNS!" --coming from someone who has a scar on their boob still, and no I was not cooking topless. The grease was just really fucking hot and I'm short and clumsy so. Yeah. 
  • Options
    levieenroselevieenrose member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    ...did I just fall into Narnia? 

Also, I need my dishes to be primly kept inside closed shelves.
    Otherwise, this might happen:

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
    Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards