Wedding Etiquette Forum

Some of the wedding websites out there are insane!!!

13»

Re: Some of the wedding websites out there are insane!!!

• edited February 2015

-- Zola is a new wedding registry website that allows a couple to essentially 'register' for any item across the web.  For example, if you click to our Zola registry you'll see products from various places, including Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma.

If you see something you'd like to get for us, you'll add the item to your cart and proceed to checkout.  Now, in actuality, you won't be purchasing the exact gift and having it sent to us/you, but you'll be putting the dollar amount of that item into an account that we'll use to purchase the items ourselves after the wedding.  The wonderful thing about this process is that you won't need to lug a present to Arizona.  PLUS, for more expensive items we may have slipped in there, you can get together with other guests and go in on a present [i.e., group gifting].  

I loathe, loathe, loathe the highlighted. One person I know did that for both baby and bridal and I'm no longer friends with her.

Oh, you want to tell me how to spend my money? You want to make sure you actually get the expensive shit so you're suggesting, oh so kindly, that we buddy up?
    You think I don't have two brain cells to rub together that maybe, just maybe, I would have come to the conclusion on my own to pair up with someone? Do you want to put people in the position of being asked to contribute to a big gift when maybe, just maybe, they were already feeling awkward about perhaps not being able to afford much off your stupid expensive registry?

"May have slipped in there." No, you DID put them in there. May not, my ass. 
    I agree. They're trying to pass it off like it's just so adorable that they have expensive taste and it makes me squeamish.
    Oooh, this is fun!

-- We'd hate to tell you what to wear (you're such a lovely looking bunch!)
    but... we'd love to see you in some boss kecks (Scouse translation for fancy clothes).

--- With the scent of lighter fluid in the air, the flames of attraction were instaneous

-- bow ties and/or bolo ties are encouraged.

-- Bride bio - She's proud to continue the (last name) girl tradition of being a "cougar."

-- Bridesmaid bio - At the wedding she will prefer to go by "Gunky" her beloved nickname from childhood.

-- Most things we need we've already got,
    And in out home we can't fit a lot.
    A wishing well we thought would be great, 
    (But only if you wish to participate).
    A gift of money is placed in the well,
    Then make a wish but shhh don't tell.
    Once we've replaced the old with the new, 
    We can look back and say it was thanks to you.
    And in return for your kindness, we're sure,
    That one day soon you will get what you wished for.
    Please don't be offended at this type of request
    As our day is complete having you as our guest.

-- One website had it's one link labeled "Wedding planner" that included a picture of their wedding planner, a link and contact info for her, and seven paragraphs about how the bride and groom chose her.

-- Zola is a new wedding registry website that allows a couple to essentially 'register' for any item across the web.  For example, if you click to our Zola registry you'll see products from various places, including Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma.

If you see something you'd like to get for us, you'll add the item to your cart and proceed to checkout.  Now, in actuality, you won't be purchasing the exact gift and having it sent to us/you, but you'll be putting the dollar amount of that item into an account that we'll use to purchase the items ourselves after the wedding.  The wonderful thing about this process is that you won't need to lug a present to Arizona.  PLUS, for more expensive items we may have slipped in there, you can get together with other guests and go in on a present [i.e., group gifting].  

-- And finally, this one, I think, takes the cake.  It had a link to "Our store."  I thought that was odd and thought maybe it was like a registry, but nope, they had a registry link as well.  I click and this is what it says. "We are selling artwork to help raise funds for our wedding. As you know, they are quite expensive. Whether it is for yourself or a gift for a friend, we think you might find something you like below. We appreciate your support!"
    And then had about six or seven different pieces of "art." It was like printed stuff that you'd hang on your wall.  0.0
    What if some smartass buys a piece of "art" and then gives it back to them as a wedding gift? What. If.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• -- And finally, this one, I think, takes the cake.  It had a link to "Our store."  I thought that was odd and thought maybe it was like a registry, but nope, they had a registry link as well.  I click and this is what it says. "We are selling artwork to help raise funds for our wedding. As you know, they are quite expensive. Whether it is for yourself or a gift for a friend, we think you might find something you like below. We appreciate your support!"
    And then had about six or seven different pieces of "art." It was like printed stuff that you'd hang on your wall.  0.0
    What if some smartass buys a piece of "art" and then gives it back to them as a wedding gift? What. If.
    "We didn't want you to have to part with it!"

• -- And finally, this one, I think, takes the cake.  It had a link to "Our store."  I thought that was odd and thought maybe it was like a registry, but nope, they had a registry link as well.  I click and this is what it says. "We are selling artwork to help raise funds for our wedding. As you know, they are quite expensive. Whether it is for yourself or a gift for a friend, we think you might find something you like below. We appreciate your support!"
    "We didn't want you to have to part with it!"

"We knew you would already like it!"

The reason I wouldn't do this myself is I'd still be funding this inane idea.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• This just discovered in my website travels this afternoon. It's..... it's not good.

Information for our guests

Come as you are.  We do not judge you and neither does our congregation.

The Ceremony begins at 10 O'Clock in the morning on Saturday, July 18th.

We encourage guests to explore Downtown Lewisburg and find a cozy place to eat while the couple spends time with the photographers.   

The Reception shall begin at 1 O'Clock in the afternoon.  

Guests are encouraged to bring a dish to share with everyone.  Light refreshments and snacks will be served.  Dancing and Laughter is encouraged!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• peachy13 said:

When I'm really, really bored at work, I love typing in random names in TK's website search bar and finding random websites. So much fun. And OP is right -- there are some really strange ones out there. One time I found one that had the about us story, proposal story, wedding party, registry, but the wedding date and venue was still TBD!!!

OMG I got a STD to a wedding, and the location has changed twice since receiving the notice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards