Not Engaged Yet

Just Tuesday

124»

Re: Just Tuesday

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015

I loooooove brunch. My FSIL/FMIL had a brunch shower for me and there were waffles and mimosas and a ton of other food and it was wonderful. I would love to go to a brunch wedding...although like @eilis1228I cringe to think about how early the bride would have to get up to get ready.

I'm totally clueless about this - but how long does it take to get ready? Could a bride get up at like 8 and still be ready for a 10 am ceremony?
    Aside from hair and makeup it also depends on the dress -- corset or all buttons take a lot longer to get into

For my sister's wedding we did hair, makeup, and were dressed in two hours and that included lots of food and mimosas, but her dress was a zipper and we did each other's makeup. For my best friend's wedding we were up at 6:00am for 3:00pm ceremony, and spent the whole time getting ready (there was lots of coffee that day).  She had a corset dress that she didn't anticipate would take so long to get into and we ended up getting to the church late.
  • I loooooove brunch. My FSIL/FMIL had a brunch shower for me and there were waffles and mimosas and a ton of other food and it was wonderful. I would love to go to a brunch wedding...although like @eilis1228I cringe to think about how early the bride would have to get up to get ready.

I'm totally clueless about this - but how long does it take to get ready? Could a bride get up at like 8 and still be ready for a 10 am ceremony?
    My ceremony was at 6pm (I had to be ready to leave my hotel at 2:30 to go to the winery for pictures and we did a first look) and I got up at 7:30am.

• I think @lilacck28 is having a brunch wedding. She could give us her day-of timeline if she has it.

Prep time depends on how many people are in the WP and what they're having done. I have 6 BMs, plus 1 groomswoman, and I'm paying for hair and makeup for all of them. I anticipate that we'll have to start around 11am to make sure everyone is ready on time. I'm supposed to get to my venue at 3:30 for pics, and then the ceremony will start at 5:30pm. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • its weird how people can be so different.....i was chatting with my sister and discussing this thread from today and she saw no issue with the whole A list/B list thing. i was shocked! she said the B list is probably more distant friends/relatives to begin with, and that most people understand that guest lists have to be trimmed. so they might be disappointed but overall understanding. what???? i mean sure i understand that my old friend from HS that i havent talked to in 2 years isn't going to have me at the top of his guest list....and if im not on the guest list at all i wouldnt blame him. buttttt i would blame him if he kept me in a "maybe, if theres room" list. SMH.....
  • Sorry I'm not replying today ... I promise to be a good friend tomorrow and reply.

I lined up a backup officiant today - there are two pastors at the college church, and the second one will be in town and agreed to step in if needed (i.e., if our officiant doesn't kick the pneumonia and vertigo to the curb). I owe him so much. Whether or not he has to step in, I'm getting him a gift card to a nice restaurant.
  • jenjen047 said:

its weird how people can be so different.....i was chatting with my sister and discussing this thread from today and she saw no issue with the whole A list/B list thing. i was shocked! she said the B list is probably more distant friends/relatives to begin with, and that most people understand that guest lists have to be trimmed. so they might be disappointed but overall understanding. what???? i mean sure i understand that my old friend from HS that i havent talked to in 2 years isn't going to have me at the top of his guest list....and if im not on the guest list at all i wouldnt blame him. buttttt i would blame him if he kept me in a "maybe, if theres room" list. SMH.....

Right?! I'm never offended at not being invited at all. I understand that people are on a budget and can't invite everyone they want but being B-listed feels like they are saying we just want you to fill a seat because we have to pay for the meal anyway.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    @lilacck28 And everyone in NEY gets an invite right???? Smoked salmon eggs benedict?? NOMS!!!!

I don't think it would hurt to have a red meat option like beef - you could do beef shortribs or sliced brisket or something.

• @lilacck28 - I'm going to crash your wedding, okay? I think everything you listed sounds amazing! I don't think you need another lunch type entrée I'd be thrilled with everything else being offered. I don't need lunch food.

leslie knope breakfast quote

• @lilacck28 you are making me hungry and I just ate lunch an hour ago! And now I am questioning the idea to do a traditional dinner reception! But that's what we are locked into now, so I am going with it. Maybe I can still do a waffle station during cocktail hour as a "breakfast for dinner" option too. 

Also, how could you possibly forget to mention cake?! ;) 

• @lillack28 I'm a super picky eater but I would eat waffles, muffins, chicken picatta and pasta alla vodka! So I'd be happy :)

• @aurorarose41 breakfast for dinner is the BEST. 
  • I'm so inspired to try and do a breakfast for dinner option at our wedding. Omg. That food sounds fabulous.

• @lilacck28 - I would eat and drink the shit out of every. single. thing. you named. Everything sounds incredible! If I could go back and re-do my wedding, I would totally do a brunch and I would love to be invited to a brunch wedding. I think it sounds awesome! 

• @lilacck28 - Shit that sounds good!!! You better not give away too much about the location of your venue or else you might get a bunch of unexpected NEYers!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited April 2015
    @lilacck28 I think you should feed this pregnant lady because I'm craving all that food right now.
  • @lilacck28 - I thought I won the wedding food lottery, but damn girl!! I'll be there!! ;)

*******************************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards