Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday Moods

Re: Monday Moods

• Options
    CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2015

@futuremrshistorian PhD, YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Congrats!!!!!!!

I know it's only Monday, but girl have a drink or something tonight, 'cause you worked hard!

• Options
    @futuremrshistorian, CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @futuremrshistorian YAY!!! Congratulations!!

• Options
    @bethsmiles - Best.  GIF.  EVER.  It was pretty much exactly like that!

@clogreeneyes - A bottle of wine is on the agenda for tonight.  I don't teach on Tuesdays until 4:30.  :-)  Monday schmonday.
  • Options
    @twodimes it's good to have a place to vent about your FMIL. I know what you mean about feeling guilty- I say so much crap about my nutty FMIL and just feel like an awful person afterwards. I vent to my mom- and I know I shouldn't do that- that makes me feel really guilty. But I'm close with my mom so I just end up spilling everything to her.

• Options
    @futuremrshistorian CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

@TwoDimes I hope Indy enjoys agility classes! Also I bake everything in my KitchenAid, but by far my favorite recipe is chocolate mousse. It's very quick and easy and perfect when I have a chocolate craving. I will post the recipe a little later. 

@swazzle I am sure you will love Cape Town again! Maybe try to go to places you didn't get to see last time as a way to not feel so guilty about not going somewhere new? Also your projects look awesome! 

@southerpeach89 oh my that's early! 

@eilis1228 those flavors sound delicious! 

Moods: Sick, Hopeful, Worried, Blessed

I have some sort of stomach bug and stayed home from work today. I feel very nauseous and am eating only bland foods for now. But FI was amazing before he left for work, taking care of me and making sure I was alright to be left alone. I don't know what's causing this, and hoping it isn't an infection from the cut on my leg when FI dropped a glass this weekend.

We went and looked at a few potential places to move to once our lease is up, and I think we found our new place. It is a townhouse, and it is privately owned. The landlady that we met with was extremely sweet, and the townhouse itself was very spacious. The bathrooms were small, but everything else was large, including a huge patio! We submitted our application and she just called me to say that we were approved for it and she took the ad down! It's $700 a month cheaper than our current apartment for a bigger place in the suburbs. 

The only drawbacks are that we need to buy our own washer and dryer (but also a blessing as we get to pick out our own ones), and we need to get some patio furniture! We do plan to stay there for a few years, so it's not a huge deal. Also the room that the kitchen is in is huge, but the counter space is limited as it is only in the one corner. So I am trying to figure out how to maybe put in a temporary kitchen island (if they make those). Any suggestions? Also any suggestions for inexpensive patio furniture and a grill would be awesome! 

• Options

@futuremrshistorian - Congrats lady! Of course you passed!

@AuroraRose41 - I was in the exact same situation with my kitchen as you. I was doing some shopping around and found an AWESOME kitchen island at World Market, but it was a little too big. Then BF got me one as a Christmas present from Ikea. So try both of those places at least and see if you find anything you like. My Ikea one has wheels on two of the legs so I can roll it next to the counter or out of the way completely. And it gives me extra storage space because there are open shelves.

• Options
    @AlPacina a rolling one like that would be perfect! The kitchen is an eat in kitchen, so our large dining table will be in there too, but there are areas to roll it out of the way if we don't need it. 

• Options
    @futuremrshistorian
    imageimage Congratulations lady! 

AuroraRose41 My sister has one of those. She works at a furniture store so got it from there.  It's actually an island on wheels, and looks like this:
  • Options
    @TwoDimes that set looks really nice too! I have never heard of that store though; is it a Midwest thing? Ideally I would love to have both a lounge set and dining set (the current tenants had a 6 person dining set, a grill, a storage unit, and a full size trampoline and all of that only took up half of the patio!), but we will see. Money for the wedding is also a concern, but if we get bonuses or something we will splurge on some nice patio upgrades. 

Also, CHOCOLATE MOUSSE: 

2 cups heavy cream
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1/2 cup Hershey's syrup
    1 tablespoon cocoa powder
    1-2 tablespoons creme de cacao (I use two to make boozy mousse)

Chill the mixing bowl in the fridge for about an hour (15 minutes in the freezer works well if you are in a hurry). Mix the heavy cream and sugar with the whisk-like attachment. About halfway through mixing (before it gets stiff), add the rest of the ingredients. Mix until stiff peaks form. Divide into bowls and chill for an hour. So easy and SO YUMMY. 

• Options
    @eilis1228 - I want to eat all of your wedding cake and wedding food please and thank you. Let me know if you need my address when you're sending out invitations ;) 

@CLoGreenEyes - Aw thank you! It's a work in progress but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with our 1st floor! I would LOVE to come help :) I'm a huge fan of thrift shopping or Craigslisting for thinks like tables and chairs so I highly suggest checking there for stuff! It's amazing what a little paint can do. 

@futuremrshistorian - CONGRATS!!!

@AuroraRose41 - The new place sounds amazing! You could get like a butcher block table or something for in the kitchen?

• Options
    labrolabro member

@AuroraRose41 I've definitely seen a ton of temporary/moveable kitchen islands and countertops at HomeGoods so that's another store to check out! They have this amazing one with a 6 inch butcher block top that I really really want. Congrats on the new townhome! It sounds wonderful!

Target, Lowe's, and Home Depot are all great places to check out for a patio set (as it Pier 1!!).

• Options
    @aurorarose41 H & I boguht a kitchen storage island we got it from Bed Bath and Beyond, we use it for storage though not additional counter space but there are so many to choose from. I love your chocolate mouse recipe. Yum.

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm way late to the party, but sadly my weekend kind of blew. Friday night our engagement photos got postponed, so I was bummed about that. Saturday morning was alright, but then the afternoon started to go to shit. I was late getting to Elijah's soccer game (he got there on time). 
    Dinner with Donald was good, but i ordered desert because BIRTHDAY, and it sucked. I ordered Tiramisu and it was whipped cream and one layer of lady fingers in the middle. No custard, no other layers, just whipped cream on the bottom, sides and top, and a thin layer of lady fingers in the middle. WTF? Then the movie we saw was just so so. And I was exhausted.

Sunday morning, and my birthday came. I made it through the first part of the morning ok, and then the realization that my mom wasn't there hit and I lost it. On the way to brunch with the family, Donald yelled at me about a mixup with the exit. I ended up sobbing and cried my makeup off. At the restaurant, everyone talked to each other and no one talked to me the whole time. I just sat there and fed Noah while everyone chatted happily. Then the restaurant brought desert out and it was so gross. Man 0-2! Ugh! 

As if all of that wasn't bad enough, Donald asked what I wanted for dinner. I mentioned that I would really like a chocolate cake for desert, so he goes to get steaks to grill, and no cake. :( 0-3. So he makes dinner, and after a while I hear Noah fussing (his parents were watching him in the living room). I go to grab him and they are all around the table eating steak and baked potatos and NO ONE CALLED ME TO DINNER. At that point I just grabbed Noah and went to my room and cried myself to sleep. 

It was single handedly the worst birthday I could ever imagine. Sorry for being a debbie downer. I'm still trying to recover from the sheer disappointment. Wah.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    @beanbot2002 - Aww, lady, I'm sorry your weekend was so lame! Especially the lack of dessert! That tiramisu was BULLSHIT!!

Happy belated birthday. I want you to have this:
    No one deserves cake more than you right now.

• Options
    @beanbot2002, I'm sorry your birthday was so awful. Happy belated birthday, and I have dessert for you, too:

cake gif 6
    cake gif 10
    cake gif 4
    cake gif 9
  • Options
    lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2015
    I haven't read anything... I got home about an hour ago, and spent that time on the phone with FI and my parents.

Anyway, I survived my first day teaching!  (I got a long term art sub. position at an elementary school for now through the end of the school year.) It wasn't easy, but it wasn't terrible.... only had to send one student out of the class. In fact, I think the worst thing about it was the drive home! I spent over an hour trying to find my way home (should have been a 15 minute drive)... because I was exhausted and kept taking wrong turns (the way I normally go, the ramp to get on the highway was closed!) 

Phew. 

So,  I might be MIA for a bit, since it seems like if I do have time to go on the knot, it will be at night.  :( 
  • Options
    @KeptInStitches - I like that your post says "Here is some beautiful cake to look at and imagine eating" and mine basically says "BAM! Have some cake! NOW!"

• Options
    AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    @beanbot2002 I'm sorry that you didn't have a good birthday weekend. I hate it when I go out to eat and the food isn't good, especially when I can make it better than the restaurant. I hope you finally find some cake (or hell, why not make some!). I would make one for you if I lived closer. 

Happy Belated Birthday! 

ETF: typo

• Options
    Late check-in for me. Such a busy time lately.

@swazzle Wow, SA twice?! I'm so incredibly jealous. That's definitely a trip I would like to make in the future. September will be here before you know it, and I'm sure you have some summer trips planned.

@hummingbird125 That sign is gorgeous! I wish I was crafty and could DIY more for the wedding.

I wish that we had a three day weekend this week. I shouldn't complain though because I only have one week until spring vacation. I really could use it right now. The vacation messes up my timelines for teaching and meetings so I have to hold a million meetings the last week of March and the first weeks of April. It's brutal. 

On Saturday I ended up doing some major cleaning and we finally picked up FI's truck. Truck repairs can be so expensive. We have been in car hell for the last few months, so I'm glad we just paid it. Even though it took $4K out of our savings, so now we are replenishing that account. It never ends!

Sunday we went to BJ's and then to the mall to get FI ideas for groomsmen gifts. We then watched House of Cards and I fell asleep on the couch early. I was definitely well rested this morning though lol hopefully this will turn out to be a great week...the weather is starting to look nice!
  • Options
    @beanbot2002 - I'm so sorry that your birthday weekend sucked. That makes me so sad! I hope you get cake in some form and in ALL the different flavors soon. Love you! 

• Options
    @Beanbot - sorry you had such a terrible birthday!  You should stop somewhere on the way home and get a cake (you shouldn't have to make your own birthday cake)!!  Hope this week goes better for you.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @Beanbot2002 I'm so sorry you didn't have the birthday weekend that you deserved : ( I hope that you will get the best dessert ever here soon so it can make up for the lame desserts that happened this past weekend!
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @beanbot2002 I'm seconding everything @southernpeach89 said. I'm sorry your weekend wasn't what you had hoped it would be. You deserve so much better, especially on a day that was going to be so tough for you. I hope next year's birthday is better and that you get cake and love soon!

• Options
    @BeanBot2002 I'm so sorry your birthday was so sad. So i'm sending hugs

Wine

and Cake

friends tv show funy
  • Options

@beanbot2002 - I'm sorry your birthday was such a let down :( go get yourself a cupcake to at least make up for the sucky deserts!

@eilis1228 - I want your cake. I want all the cake. We emailed the baker our flavours this weekend!

@futuremrshistorian - YEAH YOU DID!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards