Chit Chat

Feminism

Re: Feminism

• littlepep said:

I think I've been a feminist for as long as I can remember. I don't have any brothers, my parents have 3 girls. They always told us we could be whatever we wanted. My dad always said when we were little, if someone touches you, you scream and fight back. I'm lucky that I haven't had many experiences like pp. 

I also have no problem causing a scene if I think someone is out of line. I was at a party and this guy kept slapping my ass. I finally said "If you touch my ass one more time, I'm going to punch you in the face". The host of the party finally was like, whoa whoa whoa, he's just drunk, he doesn't mean any harm." I told him I didn't care, he needs to stop assaulting me. 

I also had a coach that subtly was verbally sexually harassing us. It was little things at first, like jokes that were on the inappropriate side, but borderline. I'm  pretty laid back, but considering he was an authority figure, it was inappropriate. One time, during a tournament, I was taking off my warm up pants and he was all "ooh take it off' I told him to shut the fuck up. Yeah, he got fired.

I was also a Girl Scout from age 7-18. The Girl Scouts are a great organization. It gives young women confidence, leadership skills, and character.  I highly recommend it for anyone's daughter. (And they are a completely different organization than the boy scouts: I would never allow my son to be apart of that homophobic organization).

I sincerely hope we have a girl if we choose to have kids for that very reason. FI was an eagle scout so he loves boy scouts. I just can't imagine letting my child participate in an organization with those kind of "values".
    Didn't the Boy Scouts change their policy? I know NY hired an openly gay camp leader: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/04/03/boy-scouts-first-openly-gay-camp-leader/25266357/
    There are individual Boy Scout troops making changes, being more diverse and welcoming. But those are the exception not the rule. Even in the article you linked to it states that the hiring of an openly gay camp leader goes against the national organization's discriminatory policies.

• I thought you all would like this story my friend just shared with me. Some background info: the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Walt Disney World is located at Cinderella's Castle in the Magic Kingdom (where my friend's story takes place) as well as at Downtown Disney. Children ages 3-12 are able to get "makeovers" that include nails, makeup (eye shadow and blush), hair done up in a bun with a crown (and of course all the glitter gel you can imagine) and sometimes a princess dress and sash. This is an extremely popular experience, that usually fills up a few weeks to months in advance. 

"When I worked at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, there was a little boy who was celebrating his 3rd birthday. He had his hair grown out long(ish), and he just really wanted the full princess experience. Dress, heels, crown, wand... The whole 9. We made his wish come true, and I was the one who did his hair. I asked what he wanted to be called that day, and he said Princess ____ (I can't remember his name)... The parents had another boy that was older and definitely a "typical boy". Sporty clothes, short hair, tennis shoes, etc. We had guests coming up to me telling ME that I was sending the wrong messages to all of the little girls getting princessified. His father politely said "His dreams being fulfilled are just as important as your little girls' dreams", and they just did not care what anyone else thought. It was pretty profound! Mom and Dad told me that he has always wanted to wear the pink things. The girly things. They learned to accept him for his individuality, and even though he's only 3, he knows what he wants."

We need more parents like that little boy's.
    My store is nowhere near as good as this, but when H and I were in Disney in February, one night coming back from the Magic Kingdom there was a family with three little boys across from us on the bus. The youngest was on his moms lap holding a Sven the Reindeer plush toy. His older brother was standing next to Mom and had an Elsa/Anna reversible plush doll that he was holding onto tightly.

It warmed the cold cockles of my heart.

Anniversary
  • I had a women come into my credit union today with two little boys. We give out stickers to little kids. She specifically asked for "boy stickers" for her sons. WTF are boy stickers lady? I just let her boys pick which ones they wanted.

This reminds me of when McDonalds used to have toys in the happy meals (do they still do that? I haven't had McDonalds in years). They'd ask, do you want a boy toy or a girl toy? Can't you just say, do you want a princess or a truck?

• I had a women come into my credit union today with two little boys. We give out stickers to little kids. She specifically asked for "boy stickers" for her sons. WTF are boy stickers lady? I just let her boys pick which ones they wanted.

This reminds me of when McDonalds used to have toys in the happy meals (do they still do that? I haven't had McDonalds in years). They'd ask, do you want a boy toy or a girl toy? Can't you just say, do you want a princess or a truck?
    We always got two "boy" toys - one for me and one for my brother. I fucking hated the dolls. What did they do? Not a damn thing. They looked pretty. The cars on the other hand, my brother and I could race all over the back seat.

I didn't realize I was a feminist until college. I never had to think about it. The rule was not "brother, don't hit your sisters" it was "don't hit each other." Or - if the former WAS said, it was followed by the opposite as well. I didn't have the traditional school to reinforce gender roles.

The first time I really realized it was fairly recently, like a couple years ago. The after school program I worked at had some kind of event that involved sodas, and we got that Dr. Pepper 10, the one with the "manly" commercials. And a second-grader told me she couldn't have the Dr. Pepper. She didn't say "sodas", so I was curious - not allowing any soda is one thing, but a specific soda made no sense. So I asked why she couldn't have it, and she told me the TV said it was for boys.

That was the first time I got really pissed off. I'm a little embarrassed it took me so long.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • KahlylaKahlyla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2015

I had a women come into my credit union today with two little boys. We give out stickers to little kids. She specifically asked for "boy stickers" for her sons. WTF are boy stickers lady? I just let her boys pick which ones they wanted.

Ugh, they still do that. I don't go there very often, but it always throws me off, every time. You'd think I'd be used to it, but I will never get used to it. It sounds so unnatural and I spend a good 10 seconds genuinely confused when they ask me, "boy or girl?". Then I answer, "one of each, please", because my two boys like variety and I'd rather have two different toys in the house than two identical ones (and I just never have the presence of mind in that moment to question it to the worker, especially not over the drive-through intercom. Maybe I should send a thought-out letter to management though...). Sometimes I can't tell which is meant to be the girl's toy and which the boy's... why do they even bother? WHY is this fucking necessary?!
  • novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    There's another gut-wrenching (but very fascinating) article on CNN today that's definitely worth reading:

Here's just one example from the article: 

The United States now has more women in Congress than ever: 104, to be exact.

Still, that's only 19.4% of the 535 seats on Capitol Hill, which isn't so impressive when you consider females make up 51% of the population.

But wait. There's more.

The U.S. Congress ranks in the bottom half of national parliaments around the world when it comes to female members, according to the Inter-Parliamentary Union.

Rwanda sits in a comfortable lead, with women making up nearly 64% of its lower house and 38.5% of the Senate. The rest of the top 10: Bolivia, Andorra, Cuba, Seychelles, Sweden, Senegal, Finland, Ecuador and South Africa.

The U.S. Congress is ranked in 72nd place out of 139 spots (190 countries were included in the rankings, but there were nearly 50 ties).

Women are represented more in Uganda, Algeria, Afghanistan, Iraq, China, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.

• chibiyui said:

I thought you all would like this story my friend just shared with me. Some background info: the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Walt Disney World is located at Cinderella's Castle in the Magic Kingdom (where my friend's story takes place) as well as at Downtown Disney. Children ages 3-12 are able to get "makeovers" that include nails, makeup (eye shadow and blush), hair done up in a bun with a crown (and of course all the glitter gel you can imagine) and sometimes a princess dress and sash. This is an extremely popular experience, that usually fills up a few weeks to months in advance. 

"When I worked at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, there was a little boy who was celebrating his 3rd birthday. He had his hair grown out long(ish), and he just really wanted the full princess experience. Dress, heels, crown, wand... The whole 9. We made his wish come true, and I was the one who did his hair. I asked what he wanted to be called that day, and he said Princess ____ (I can't remember his name)... The parents had another boy that was older and definitely a "typical boy". Sporty clothes, short hair, tennis shoes, etc. We had guests coming up to me telling ME that I was sending the wrong messages to all of the little girls getting princessified. His father politely said "His dreams being fulfilled are just as important as your little girls' dreams", and they just did not care what anyone else thought. It was pretty profound! Mom and Dad told me that he has always wanted to wear the pink things. The girly things. They learned to accept him for his individuality, and even though he's only 3, he knows what he wants."

We need more parents like that little boy's.
    My store is nowhere near as good as this, but when H and I were in Disney in February, one night coming back from the Magic Kingdom there was a family with three little boys across from us on the bus. The youngest was on his moms lap holding a Sven the Reindeer plush toy. His older brother was standing next to Mom and had an Elsa/Anna reversible plush doll that he was holding onto tightly.

It warmed the cold cockles of my heart.
    When I'm talking to the parents about the different attractions in the parks, they always ask about Frozen, especially Anna & Elsa. Sometimes it's for their boys, and I can see they're almost embarrassed about it. I  tell them that tons of little boys love them, and how can't they? Elsa's hot and Anna has a snowman that can talk. 

I love how the little boy had the doll though. That's just adorable.

imageimage

• I work for a university but my department exists to provide lab space and business mentoring for start-up biotech companies. I work with a lot of smart people, men and women. This exchange just happened:

Older man walks in, grumpy faced, growls at me that he's here to see Dr. [Persian Name]. She happens to be standing in the lobby, so I glance her way and she walks over and says, "You must be Dr. [whatever, standard white American name]!"

He barely looks at her and nods. And then she goes, "Oh, I'm Dr. [Persian Name]." His entire demeanor changes when he realizes that the doctor he's here to see is this woman standing in front of him, and this isn't just some pesky assistant. He couldn't tell from her first name since it was foreign to him, and he assumed that the lead on this project would be male.
  • yogapants said:

I work for a university but my department exists to provide lab space and business mentoring for start-up biotech companies. I work with a lot of smart people, men and women. This exchange just happened:

Older man walks in, grumpy faced, growls at me that he's here to see Dr. [Persian Name]. She happens to be standing in the lobby, so I glance her way and she walks over and says, "You must be Dr. [whatever, standard white American name]!"

He barely looks at her and nods. And then she goes, "Oh, I'm Dr. [Persian Name]." His entire demeanor changes when he realizes that the doctor he's here to see is this woman standing in front of him, and this isn't just some pesky assistant. He couldn't tell from her first name since it was foreign to him, and he assumed that the lead on this project would be male.

I remember when I was a kid, people always used to tell this "riddle": A man and his son were in a car accident. The man died on impact. The son was rushed into an OR. The surgeon took one look at him and said, "I can't operate, this is my son." How is that possible? 

It ALWAYS stumped people. I can't even tell you how many times I heard it and every time, people were stumped. 

Of course the answer is that the surgeon is the boy's mother. The surgeon is a woman. What a tough riddle. 
  • I watched Silent Hill for the first time last night.  As per usual, I had to look up all of the trivia about the movie.  This was under the trivia section on IMDB:

"In the original script, there were only female characters.  After submitting this, the script was returned to Christophe Gans with a memo saying 'there are no men!' Sean Bean's character was added and the script was approved."

God forbid there be a movie with all female leads!  We have to have a dick in there somewhere, otherwise it's not even worth making! 

• levioosa said:

I watched Silent Hill for the first time last night.  As per usual, I had to look up all of the trivia about the movie.  This was under the trivia section on IMDB:

"In the original script, there were only female characters.  After submitting this, the script was returned to Christophe Gans with a memo saying 'there are no men!' Sean Bean's character was added and the script was approved."

God forbid there be a movie with all female leads!  We have to have a dick in there somewhere, otherwise it's not even worth making! 

Remember this? 

The best part is, the original was made in 1939. No men in the cast. Silent Hill is less progressive than a movie made in 1939 
  • levioosa said:

I watched Silent Hill for the first time last night.  As per usual, I had to look up all of the trivia about the movie.  This was under the trivia section on IMDB:

Remember this? 

The best part is, the original was made in 1939. No men in the cast. Silent Hill is less progressive than a movie made in 1939 
    Ugh.  Just. Ugh.

Oh, and I remember the other thing that made me ragey last night. 

One of my FB friends posted this:

I haven't decided how I feel about Hilary, but when I do, it's going to be based on her actual track record and political stances.  It really bothered me that the shirt simultaneously was slut shaming and discounting who she is as a person by reducing her to someone's wife (not that being a wife is a bad thing, but this made it a derogatory thing), and that somehow it's her fault her husband cheated.  Shitty all around. 
    Yeah I'm not ok with this. If you don't like her politics that's perfectly fine. But don't slam her for other nonsense. It's the same with Obama. If you don't like his politics, that's fine, but don't even with that "He's not even American; he's a Muslim terrorist" BS. 

My friend made a really great FB post the other day: 

"The elections are over a year and a half away and it's getting hectic already. Regardless of political alignment, do you really believe that the other party is "evil" or "out to destroy" America? I suppose you might believe that, but think how unreasonable that seems. They just disagree with you. Chances are it's not personal or malevolent. One of the most dangerous things facing America these days is the inability of people to engage in civil, constructive discourse. Open your mind to the values and background of other people and look for common ground. Resist the urge to get emotional. It's the only way anything will get done. Plus also keep that crap off my feed."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I need this so badly today.

My dad really wanted me to be the first female defensive player of the year in the NFL...that has not worked out but if that doesn't tell you how the man is, nothing else will.  I was really raised to know that if I really wanted something I could do it.
    In college I was tortured in our sports department. Stuff that makes you leave a place but I was stuck there. A lot of the guys in my class didn't participate because they were my friends, but they didn't stick up for me. One of them did. He's now FI.

But senior year we had a class where we watched Whale Rider (watch it feminist friends!! You'll love it!!) and the professor made all the women in the class sit in the front, look all the men in the eyes and tell them everything that happens to us on the daily. The ass grabs, the cat calls, the being talked over, how easily they called us bitches when we just tried to give our ideas, how that whole 2 years they never stood up so they were WORSE than the people trying to stop me from doing sports media. 

I work for a huge company in an industry that is well known for being hostile to women. 

So we got to have a time yesterday where we aired our grievances and it's not festivus, but my team went HARD. 

From the time an editor (whose job was to clean up the video, nothing else) changed ALL MY WORK saying I didn't know what I was talking about because "football was a hard sport to understand" (fuck you bro) to how EASILY a peer called me a cunt to my face in a meeting because I said his idea would be hard to execute. Earlier in the day I had called him out on plagiarizing my work too. So I guess I really asked for it. 

My favorite will always be when it was discovered that then BF was Jewish, to which a peer said "oh so you only date Jewish guys. Can I be next"  

I will say FI is a pretty ardent feminist and lets people know it. I was wearing purple lipstick when someone asked him if he let me where that. To which he replied "she, or any woman, doesn't exist for male consumption. She exists for herself and if she wants purple lipstick, she gets purple lipstick" I love that man. 

• levioosa said:

levioosa said:

Remember this? 

Ugh.  Just. Ugh.

I haven't decided how I feel about Hilary, but when I do, it's going to be based on her actual track record and political stances.  It really bothered me that the shirt simultaneously was slut shaming and discounting who she is as a person by reducing her to someone's wife (not that being a wife is a bad thing, but this made it a derogatory thing), and that somehow it's her fault her husband cheated.  Shitty all around. 
    That shirt is awful. Do people seriously not realize that no one would ever make a shirt like this if she was a male candidate?

It makes me sick. I haven't done enough research to see if I would vote for her but I certainly admire her for getting so far in a good old boys club with a media that makes sexist comments to her and throws up road blocks constantly.
    *********************************************************************************

•  

My favorite will always be when it was discovered that then BF was Jewish, to which a peer said "oh so you only date Jewish guys. Can I be next"  

I will say FI is a pretty ardent feminist and lets people know it. I was wearing purple lipstick when someone asked him if he let me where that. To which he replied "she, or any woman, doesn't exist for male consumption. She exists for herself and if she wants purple lipstick, she gets purple lipstick" I love that man. 

I was "this"-ing so hard throughout this entire post, but the bolded really spoke to me because people say similar things to me. One time this exchange happened on the subway platform:

Guy who had previously been catcalling every woman in sight: "Hey baby, would you ever consider dating a black dude?"

Me: "No."

Catcaller: "Why not?"

Me: *holds up left hand* "Because I'm marrying one."

Catcaller: *sputters for a bit* "Well, when you divorce him, maybe I can be your next black dude, baby girl?"

Me: *does the following gif verbatim and steps on train*image

As for the "purple lipstick" thing, FI used to gawk at all my beauty products/clothes and be all like, "I think you're beautiful just the way you are"/"you don't have to do all this for me" etc. until I finally said, "Good, because I ain't doing it for you" enough times to where he got it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• levioosa said:

levioosa said:

Remember this? 

Ugh.  Just. Ugh.

Ugh the Hillary stuff makes me so uncomfortable. I want to like her, I really want to see a female president, but I don't like her politics. Still, most of the hate directed at her that I see still boils down to her having a vagina.

Back to movies: Kat Dennings has talked about how when shooting a sex scene, if you show the guy's face while he's having an orgasm it's all good and it can get a PG13 rating. If it's a woman, it's an instant R rating. 
  • I need this so badly today.

My dad really wanted me to be the first female defensive player of the year in the NFL...that has not worked out but if that doesn't tell you how the man is, nothing else will.  I was really raised to know that if I really wanted something I could do it.
    In college I was tortured in our sports department. Stuff that makes you leave a place but I was stuck there. A lot of the guys in my class didn't participate because they were my friends, but they didn't stick up for me. One of them did. He's now FI.

But senior year we had a class where we watched Whale Rider (watch it feminist friends!! You'll love it!!) and the professor made all the women in the class sit in the front, look all the men in the eyes and tell them everything that happens to us on the daily. The ass grabs, the cat calls, the being talked over, how easily they called us bitches when we just tried to give our ideas, how that whole 2 years they never stood up so they were WORSE than the people trying to stop me from doing sports media. 

I work for a huge company in an industry that is well known for being hostile to women. 

So we got to have a time yesterday where we aired our grievances and it's not festivus, but my team went HARD. 

From the time an editor (whose job was to clean up the video, nothing else) changed ALL MY WORK saying I didn't know what I was talking about because "football was a hard sport to understand" (fuck you bro) to how EASILY a peer called me a cunt to my face in a meeting because I said his idea would be hard to execute. Earlier in the day I had called him out on plagiarizing my work too. So I guess I really asked for it. 

SO hates it when people ask him if he let me do something. Also, WTF is wrong with the people you work with? Everything in your post is just so unbelievable...but then again I guess it shouldn't be because it happens every day. People just want to think it's unbelievable because we want to believe we have gender equality when we really don't.

The Hillary Clinton bullshit is just beginning. If there's already stupid shit like that t-shirt out now, when the campaigning hasn't even really begun, I'm not excited to see how much worse it gets as we get closer to the presidential election.

•  

I was "this"-ing so hard throughout this entire post, but the bolded really spoke to me because people say similar things to me. One time this exchange happened on the subway platform:

Guy who had previously been catcalling every woman in sight: "Hey baby, would you ever consider dating a black dude?"

Me: "No."

Catcaller: "Why not?"

Me: *holds up left hand* "Because I'm marrying one."

Catcaller: *sputters for a bit* "Well, when you divorce him, maybe I can be your next black dude, baby girl?"

Me: *does the following gif verbatim and steps on train*image

As for the "purple lipstick" thing, FI used to gawk at all my beauty products/clothes and be all like, "I think you're beautiful just the way you are"/"you don't have to do all this for me" etc. until I finally said, "Good, because I ain't doing it for you" enough times to where he got it.

My friend had a similar experience in a bar. Some guy was hitting on her and saying stuff like you want to go out with a black man? And she was like yep, already dating one, thanks. 

I'll never understand what makes people think that kind of thing is an appropriate pick up line. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FiancB said:

levioosa said:

levioosa said:

Remember this? 

Ugh.  Just. Ugh.

Ugh the Hillary stuff makes me so uncomfortable. I want to like her, I really want to see a female president, but I don't like her politics. Still, most of the hate directed at her that I see still boils down to her having a vagina.

Back to movies: Kat Dennings has talked about how when shooting a sex scene, if you show the guy's face while he's having an orgasm it's all good and it can get a PG13 rating. If it's a woman, it's an instant R rating. 
    Have you seen "This Film Is Not Yet Rated"? If you look beyond its terribly sexist poster (ironic considering the film's crusade against sexism in the media), it is a really good documentary that shows the hypocrisy of the MPAA. Violence against women gets past the censors with nary a blink, but showing a woman enjoying an orgasm for too long (or at all), or female masturbation, or anything that shows a woman taking charge of her sexual pleasure without the male gaze, is almost certainly a guaranteed R or NC-17 rating. It boggles the mind.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• yogapants said:

I work for a university but my department exists to provide lab space and business mentoring for start-up biotech companies. I work with a lot of smart people, men and women. This exchange just happened:

I remember when I was a kid, people always used to tell this "riddle": A man and his son were in a car accident. The man died on impact. The son was rushed into an OR. The surgeon took one look at him and said, "I can't operate, this is my son." How is that possible? 

It ALWAYS stumped people. I can't even tell you how many times I heard it and every time, people were stumped. 

Of course the answer is that the surgeon is the boy's mother. The surgeon is a woman. What a tough riddle. 
    My dad LOVES riddles and this is one of his favorites so I heard it the first time as a kid. I shouldn't be surprised -- my dad and his seven siblings were raised by a single mom after my grandfather died. Hell, she was pregnant with the eighth when he died. My grandma was one bad ass motherfucker. 

• SO hates it when people ask him if he let me do something. Also, WTF is wrong with the people you work with? Everything in your post is just so unbelievable...but then again I guess it shouldn't be because it happens every day. People just want to think it's unbelievable because we want to believe we have gender equality when we really don't.

The Hillary Clinton bullshit is just beginning. If there's already stupid shit like that t-shirt out now, when the campaigning hasn't even really begun, I'm not excited to see how much worse it gets as we get closer to the presidential election.

I think this job specifically because a lot of them see it as an extension of college. So this shit was "ok" there. It's an open concept workspace with 200 people between the ages of 21-26 with no managerial supervision most of the day. 

And I've been working for 2 years and those are the worst of the worst and really over 2 years, that's not too bad. Cunt guy was let go after that. So I'm really, really proud to work some where where they took a stand. They fired a different guy after he was arrested for domestic abuse. They had a bad reputation and they HAVE to take a stand. 

And you're totally right, because you're like "it's so unbelievable that someone would behave that way to another human" and that's a right way to think, because you're a decent human. But they DON'T think that way. 

I'm so excited for Hillary, just to get the chance to see a woman REALLY make that run. And I think all women should be excited for that aspect even if they don't agree with her politics. But I'm going to hide all the media because everyone is the worst when it comes to that. And that shirt is Jean-Ralphio level the worst. I hope she wins and just trolls every asshat for both terms.

• I've been a feminist since I could open my mouth and tell the other kids off in the playground when they said I couldn't do something because I was "a girl".

Feminist ever since I told my Mom that "acting like a lady" was stupid because "ladies" never got to do fun stuff.

Feminist during the years I was forced to go to a Penacostal (sp?) church and the attitudes about women infuriated me.

Feminist ever since I learned that some people believe they have the right to tell a woman what to do with her body.

Dies in the wool, born in the bones, true blue, lifelong FEMINIST.

PS, feminists give the best head.

• I was pretty lucky growing up that my Dad saw himself as a "man of the 90's".  He worked longer hours, but helped clean on weekends, cooked breakfasts, etc.  He saw both himself and my Mom as equals, so I always grew up assuming that's how things were now.  DH is the same.  I have no problems cooking dinner for him, for example, cos I'm home first and he'll help or do it himself if he's here too. 

On another note, this made the twitter verse in my Province today.  This political party has a history of saying/doing stupid things.  

Cole's Notes - Right wing party invited people to a meet and greet for the election and told them to "Bring their wife's pie".  

• Speaking of Hilary and lady politicians in general, I just read this and it made me SO HAPPY.

(Also reinforces my point that the anger is IN US--certainly nobody taught this lady to chafe against her rigid society. She just did):

This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I was pretty lucky growing up that my Dad saw himself as a "man of the 90's".  He worked longer hours, but helped clean on weekends, cooked breakfasts, etc.  He saw both himself and my Mom as equals, so I always grew up assuming that's how things were now.  DH is the same.  I have no problems cooking dinner for him, for example, cos I'm home first and he'll help or do it himself if he's here too. 

On another note, this made the twitter verse in my Province today.  This political party has a history of saying/doing stupid things.  

Cole's Notes - Right wing party invited people to a meet and greet for the election and told them to "Bring their wife's pie".  
    Anytime I see anything about the Wildrose Party, it makes me shake my head. I cannot understand how Calgary can have one of the best Mayors in the country, yet, Alberta produces some of the craziest political parties *cough* *cough* Reform Party!
  • Speaking of Hilary and lady politicians in general, I just read this and it made me SO HAPPY.

(Also reinforces my point that the anger is IN US--certainly nobody taught this lady to chafe against her rigid society. She just did):

I feel like all these articles are acting like Hillary didn't run in 2008. She did, I voted for her in the primary. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards