Chit Chat
Options

Non-wedding, LONG post, southern birthday post-party woes... Am I crazy?

Re: Non-wedding, LONG post, southern birthday post-party woes... Am I crazy?

• Options

amelisha said:

So...what was the acceptable answer here?

"No, you're not crazy, you're definitely not acting like a prejudiced, immature, drama obsessed white girl and those Mexicans are the crazy ones, how dare they say anything negative about your cooking, don't they know that that's the kind of thing that gives a nice Southern woman the vapors? She should have fallen at your feet to apologize and gotten you a fainting couch so you could recover from this grievous insult to your VERY BEING and your value as a woman!"

Did I get it? 

I really hope this is a thing.
    It's another name for a chaise lounge.
    Oh, haha! That's too funny, I've never heard of it being called that.

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    littlepeplittlepep member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

blabla89 said:

I think the solution would be about a teaspoon of dry ground mustard, and a half teaspoon of finely minced garlic, added to the cheese sauce.  I rarely add additional salt to the macaroni and cheese, but find the mustard gives the cheddar a nice sharp flavor that isn't obvious or overwhelming. 

If you didn't use cheddar, but used American processed cheese, than it's absolutely beyond me, and I would have to agree that you were completely in the wrong. 
    I rarely disagree with Annabelle but this is one of those times. Clearly the solution is bacon.

http://leitesculinaria.com/25207/recipes-bacon-cheddar-macaroni-cheese.html
    You are absolutely 100% correct.  I always do a topping of crumbled bacon and at home, a sweet onion, chopped and caramelized, and then more cheese on top.  (At potlucks, I'll often skip the caramelized onion, because a surprising lot of people don't care for it.) It bakes into this incredible crunchy rich brown top, so good that evil people sneak into the kitchen and pick it off and eat it, which pisses off the next person who wants their fair share.
    And yes to SouthernBelle. Smoked Gouda is a fantastic addition, and Gruyere is my favorite. 
    I can't believe I haven't thought of onions before! I love that idea. I usually do a crust of panko,  butter and more cheese. it's more of a crumble than a crust I guess.

ETF spelling.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    YOU GUYS. I am craving mac and cheese so bad right now but I already at 500 calories worth of pad thai. #firstworldproblems
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Man do I ever want mac and cheese right now...a little gruyere, a little white chedder. A lot of bacon.... ou! and with a panko-parmesan topping.

Well if I gained anything from this thread (besides some rage because of blatant sexism and racism) its what I am having for supper tonight!
  • Options
    I had to stop reading. Chill pills need to be passed out like pez dispensers to the entire lot of you. There isn't a single person in this who wasn't acting like a total ass.

I feel like I just watched a Family Guy episode that was nothing but animated buttholes farting. And near the end of what I could stomach I was seeing Jersey Shore in my head.

I just realized that her username is one of the girls from jersey shore, right?
    Jwoww, is from the Jersey Shore :) OP is close, but not quite.
    Like not even a minute ago I could have sworn OP's username said jwoww#s. I must be going crazy. Am I going crazy? I should probably make a whole bunch of racial and gender generalizations to make my side receive more empathy - that's a sure sign of crazy talk.
    It was definitely jwoww# earlier
  • Options
    littlepep said:

MagicInk said:

My Mexican wife is always telling me to add more hot sauce to food.

Clearly she, and our dragon baby, hate me.

HA

Yep that's my future kid.
  • Options
    Well, let's see. Your post is sexist, racist and you clearly don't know what it means to be a DD. For the future, that means you don't drink at all.

You overreacted and I think you should be embarrassed about the way you behaved.
  • Options
    MagicInk said:

littlepep said:

MagicInk said:

My Mexican wife is always telling me to add more hot sauce to food.

Clearly she, and our dragon baby, hate me.

HA

Yep that's my future kid.

Mine too. Except my future kid will also have a bottle of Adobo on the side with his Siracha
  • Options
    Everyone in this situation sounds really stupid. I'm not going to go explain why because all other pps have it covered. I love lobster in my mac and cheese, plus bread crumbs!
  • Options

1) you did nothing to make that as short as possible

2)  Someone didn't like your mashed potatoes

3) Sounds like all ya'all just love love looooovvvee your drama

4) I actually took the time to read that and I WANT MY LIFE BACK

5) I can't.  I just can't.

imageimage

6) Yes, you are crazy.  Yes, you are way over reacting.

7) What the actual fuck does being white or being Mexican have anything to do with acting like drama queen on meth?

• Options

I have to know- is anybody else making macaroni and cheese tonight?

Because this thread shot my diet all to hell.
    we had Velveeta for dinner.    That was BEFORE I read this thread.

On another note, I  have a feeling the OP has NEVER been welcoming towards the GF, even maybe down right rude to her.   Add in a little tequila and I things came to blow.

Oh and my live in BF better the fuck support me over his BF's rude and condescending GF.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards