Chit Chat

S/O Prom pics

Re: S/O Prom pics

• I have no prom pictures because... I have no idea why, actually. I know my mom took a ton before I left for the night. I went with one of my friends who was a few years older than I am. My high school was pretty conservative and my date was.... flamboyant. His shiny gold vest and bowtie might have blinded a few people when the photographer's camera flash went off. He spiked his orange hair about as high as it would go and made sure you could see his tattoo and nipple rings through his tux shirt. One of the older teachers asked him why in the world he would want to do that to himself, and he had a smartass response. Then we spent a good chunk of the night with a big group smoking in the parking lot.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• emmaaa said:

Am I the only one tempted to see if I can still fit in my dresses? Junior prom, definitely not. But senior prom maybeeee.

I still fit in mine. My boyfriend in HS is now my best friend and he has a black tie birthday party every year. This year I wore the dress I wore to prom with him. It was hilarious. 

Last year my mom gave me all these formal dresses she saved for some reason. I have to donate them with my next round of old crap. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Senior prom 2002 with my then BF but now H.

Aww. Super cute.
  • esstee33 said:

Ok, here we go. Now people, please remember it was 1998! My eyes are closed but this is the best one I could find. 

I went with my boyfriend at the time. He was the sensitive rocker. No really crazy stories. We went to prom, didn't go to an after party and instead drove right down to the shore, where we were going to be staying the next few days. It was Memorial Day weekend. We got down to the beach and then hung out and drank until we could check into our hotel. 

PLEASE tell me his vest is snakeskin-print. 
    No, it was like a weird paisley think I think. 
  • Senior prom 2002 with my then BF but now H.

And neither of you have aged. At all. You guys are the freaking cutest. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @maggie0829 Wow! Y'all look adorable!

• @SoontobebeMrsKlein I definitely had that dress! We had a formal 8th grade dance and that's what I wore. I had to have straps added because strapless was against dress code.

• julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

May of 2000.... he dumped me that night after prom was over to go out with this skanky girl who was a high school drop out.  He was worried about me going away to college (a whole hour away) and that I'd dump him once I got there so he decided to do it first.  They would harass me online and after my dad died a few months after this picture was taken, she messaged me and said I wasn't grateful enough that she thought to message me her condolences.  Whatever, I thought I looked pretty though.

ETA I don't know why the picture is so small.

Married 9.12.15
  • I just remembered I went to another prom the next year when I was dating a new dude. 1999. He was SO proud of that car. Too funny. 

Bahaha my first car was very similar to that... 1984 Mustang.  I thought I was the shit driving that car. 
    Married 9.12.15
  • Did you guys go to a restaurant? I know in some parts of the country the dates go together to a restaurant and then to the prom where it's just dancing. My area the prom serves dinner just like a wedding reception so you're there from like 6-11.

And we live in a small town so there are no hotels around for 20 miles. One rich girl would host the after party every year where her parents provided booze and took all our keys and we slept over on the floor, about 40 people.

• Senior prom 2008, I'm in the red. I love this picture because it's one of the few I have of my friend in Germany.
    But I refuse to post any more because all the others are with my horrible ex and I otherwise do not look fondly upon this time. I made some pretty bad life decisions soon after this. But I did break up with my ex a few days after this picture.

I can still fit into my prom dresses (junior year too). But not for long.. This lady has gained 20 pounds since her wedding :(

image   image   image

• Since my senior prom story was such a bummer, here's my senior winter formal.  Had a blast, this boyfriend and I only broke up because he left to go join a NASCAR team.  Yee haw.  We stayed friends for a long time.  I still have the dress, it was my favorite one.  You could tell spanx hadn't been invented yet though LOL!

Married 9.12.15
  • Junior prom 2007 because mobile won't let me add two pictures at once. My mermaid dress!

image   image   image

• jenna8984 said:

Did you guys go to a restaurant? I know in some parts of the country the dates go together to a restaurant and then to the prom where it's just dancing. My area the prom serves dinner just like a wedding reception so you're there from like 6-11.

And we live in a small town so there are no hotels around for 20 miles. One rich girl would host the after party every year where her parents provided booze and took all our keys and we slept over on the floor, about 40 people.

We went out to a  "fancy" restaurant and then went to prom that was mainly dancing (they had a few finger type foods). Junior year a group of 5 or 6 girls stayed at a friends house. Senior year our prom group stayed at DH's parents' house and they bought us beer (his mom was a librarian at our HS).

• emmaaa said:

jenna8984 said:

Did you guys go to a restaurant? I know in some parts of the country the dates go together to a restaurant and then to the prom where it's just dancing. My area the prom serves dinner just like a wedding reception so you're there from like 6-11.

We went out to a  "fancy" restaurant and then went to prom that was mainly dancing (they had a few finger type foods). Junior year a group of 5 or 6 girls stayed at a friends house. Senior year our prom group stayed at DH's parents' house and they bought us beer (his mom was a librarian at our HS).
    Lol we went to steak n' shake freshman yea (I went with a senior), but by the time my senior prom came along, they were serving dinner. MY senior prom was a dinner cruise on Lake Michigan from Navy Pier.
  • Holy on. I found another one that is amazing and so 90s. My mom in the background. 

Your hair is so amazing big. I'm obsessed with it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenna8984 said:

Yes, I went to a local restaurant to eat beforehand.  Our high school didn't have a dinner at prom, it was just snack food and a dance.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards