Chit Chat

S/O Prom pics

Re: S/O Prom pics

• Are we sharing cute little pictures too?? Look at my sass. And that's my little sister falling over on her bike.

image   image   image

• jenna8984 said:

Did you guys go to a restaurant? I know in some parts of the country the dates go together to a restaurant and then to the prom where it's just dancing. My area the prom serves dinner just like a wedding reception so you're there from like 6-11.

And we live in a small town so there are no hotels around for 20 miles. One rich girl would host the after party every year where her parents provided booze and took all our keys and we slept over on the floor, about 40 people.

We always went to a restaurant first then to the prom where it was just snacks and dancing. 
    Married 9.12.15
  • edited April 2015
    jenna8984 said:

Did you guys go to a restaurant? I know in some parts of the country the dates go together to a restaurant and then to the prom where it's just dancing. My area the prom serves dinner just like a wedding reception so you're there from like 6-11.

And we live in a small town so there are no hotels around for 20 miles. One rich girl would host the after party every year where her parents provided booze and took all our keys and we slept over on the floor, about 40 people.

Our grad had a huge dinner and dance for all grads and their parents and guests. We had 45ish people in our graduating class but there were 200+ at the actual grad due to dates, parents, grandparents and other guests. They had a sit down meal, a couple speeches and then party.

At midnight the banquet hall shut down and all the grads and their dates changed out of their dress clothes and into jeans and hoodies and got on a bunch of school busses. We were shipped out to an acreage in the middle of no-where for our 'safe grad' where it was basically just a bonfire booze fest that had parent chaperones and a medic on standby. A bus left the acreage everyhour taking kids back to the highschool where their parents could pick them up.
  • jenna8984 said:

For our prom they did dinner at the dance, but for homecoming we went out to dinner beforehand (after pictures at someone's house).
  • AlisonM23 said:

jenna8984 said:

For our prom they did dinner at the dance, but for homecoming we went out to dinner beforehand (after pictures at someone's house).
    This is how it was for our prom as well.  But I don't remember eating anything at prom.  And since we decided to stay until almost the end of the dance by the time we got to the after party everyone was either drunk or passed out.

• @jenna8984 - we went out to dinner at a restaurant. I'm sure the servers in our town LOVED prom night...

For an after party, our high school hosted a GIANT after party with blow up obstacle courses, a money grab machine, fortune tellers, carnival games, contests, cake walks, a gladiator pit, price is right inspired games. It literally took over the half the school. The purpose was to keep kids from driving drunk and away from parties that would have alcohol/drugs and little supervision. Honestly, it was really fun and most people went, so I guess it worked.
    *********************************************************************************

• Thread of the day!
    I enjoyed the hell out of that.
  • My prom was 20 years ago, so I have no idea where my pics are. I will search for them later. But I thought my date was so cool. He wore Airwalk shoes with his tux. I loved that.  We went to dinner before the dance, stopped by the dance for pics and a little dancing and left early to go drinking around SF. Among other places, our limo took us to Ghirardelli Sq and The Golden Gate bridge vista point on the Marin side and we all just hung out and got really drunk.
  • Also, I have to say that looking back at my pictures is a great weight loss motivation. I want to fit in that red dress again!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• hellohkb said:

Also, I have to say that looking back at my pictures is a great weight loss motivation. I want to fit in that red dress again!

Seriously! I was trying to find one of my prom pics on FB (no luck), but all the older pics gave me serious get-in-shape motivation. 

I'll have to see if I have any prom pics at the house. I think most of my mine are in a box at my dad's house. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Did you guys go to a restaurant? I know in some parts of the country the dates go together to a restaurant and then to the prom where it's just dancing. My area the prom serves dinner just like a wedding reception so you're there from like 6-11.

Our grad had a huge dinner and dance for all grads and their parents and guests. We had 45ish people in our graduating class but there were 200+ at the actual grad due to dates, parents, grandparents and other guests. They had a sit down meal, a couple speeches and then party.

At midnight the banquet hall shut down and all the grads and their dates changed out of their dress clothes and into jeans and hoodies and got on a bunch of school busses. We were shipped out to an acreage in the middle of no-where for our 'safe grad' where it was basically just a bonfire booze fest that had parent chaperones and a medic on standby. A bus left the acreage everyhour taking kids back to the highschool where their parents could pick them up.

This is similar to ours, minus the parents. We had ours at a banquet hall that hosts weddings and other events. Most of us then went back to a hotel downtown and partied the rest of the night, half the class was 19 so half could legally drink and/or buy alcohol for the rest of the people. We had a blender, ice cream, Baileys and Kaluha in our room. It was a fun night.
  • My freshman year, they had an after party at a bowling alley. If you signed up and didn't show, they called your parents. So I told my mom I'd signed up but didn't so I could go to a party and get drunk. My stupid sister knew I was lying and told my mom, who called to see if I'd signed up. 

God damn older siblings and their knowledge of lies.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • No crazy pictures but definitely have a story.   So we had a group of about 12 people going to the Prom together.  Great group, we're all friends, all's good, no problem.   Well everyone stayed at my house that night.   Somewhere between the end of the prom and breakfast the next morning....one guy dumped his date, one girl dumped her date, and we all woke up to the two of them cuddled together.    Whoa awkward for all...especially their dates.   The newly formed 'couple' also just continued to cling to each other until everyone left my house.   My parents came down that day and saw them together on the couch and after everyone left just looked and me and were like...didn't they come with so-and-so and so-and-so?   I just burst out laughing because it was so weird to all of us there and even my parents noticed it!
  • levioosa said:

I didn't want to go to prom.  I ended up going because the friend of a friend wanted to go, so my prom experience was going as a blind date.  It wasn't great, and the guy (and his friends) were super weird.  I'm on the far left.  I remember thinking that the girl on the right's dress looked like a vagina.    image

I don't fit into my dress now, but a few years ago my girlfriends and I dressed up in our prom dresses for the hell of it.  The dresses fit us much better in our 20's.  Finally growing boobs helped the dress a lot, although it's borderline indecent now.  lol. 

That vagina dress is fucking horrendous, omg.

• Moose's class is having prom this year at the Museum of Glass in Tacoma, which is a pretty cool venue. Very Chihuly modern art vibe. 

(What ever happened to streamers in the gym?) 

(I have no prom pictures. I didn't go. 
    I was busy being a rebel without a clue. Going to community college and living in a sort of vague commune. 
    I missed out, sort of. )
    That is the coolest venue ever.  I'm jealous.  I think my venue was some standard ballroom.  I don't really remember.  I just remember it was "princess" themed and they had a Cinderella carriage outside that you could wait to ride around in. 

• @hellohkb Your red dress is super similar to the one I wore, but mine was black and only had one little rhinestone buckle thingamajig. Also? Werkkk, you are so pretty!
  • I scoured my Facebook photos but couldn't find any prom photos. I only went to my junior prom, I thought I was too cool for senior prom and just went to an after party instead with my bff. I did come across my sweet 16 girl group shot which I'm going to share just because...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We had after-prom parties too. One was at this massive rec center with rock climbing and sumo wrestling (you know, with the giant padded suits).
    It kept people out of trouble-- those that chose to go. It was pretty fun but I'm an early bird who likes to sleep. Lots of us were just passed out in the lobby, actually. 

Our proms are also like weddings in that they include dinner. I remember having a lot of fun at both junior and senior prom, although my boyfriend and I got into some fight that I don't even remember now, at the after party. 

Jessica McClintock ball gowns were ALL the rage, as were the two-piece dresses (crop top with ball skirt).
    Man... fun times. 

• Our after-prom parties were SCANDALOUS.  My poor kids will never be allowed to have fun.

• Our prom was at an Arts Center, which was really just a big gym. It had the plastic blue floor with lines for four or five basketball courts.

• We had after-prom parties too. One was at this massive rec center with rock climbing and sumo wrestling (you know, with the giant padded suits).

It kept people out of trouble-- those that chose to go. It was pretty fun but I'm an early bird who likes to sleep. Lots of us were just passed out in the lobby, actually. 

Our proms are also like weddings in that they include dinner. I remember having a lot of fun at both junior and senior prom, although my boyfriend and I got into some fight that I don't even remember now, at the after party. 

Jessica McClintock ball gowns were ALL the rage, as were the two-piece dresses (crop top with ball skirt).
    Man... fun times. 
    Ha, mine was a Jessica McClintock! Not a ball gown, though.
  • Found mine
    I'm in the blue dress, no fun stories
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards