Chit Chat

S/O Prom pics

Re: S/O Prom pics

• No prom pic for me,I think I have some from sorority formats which were basically just prom again. Feeling a bit old though because I graduated in 2000 and lots of these pix posted are from when I was out in the working world.
  • Thanks, @louxnoelle ! Also, you clearly have amazing taste in dresses ;)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2015
    I was homeschooled so I didn't go to prom. I do have photos of me in my formal dress for piano recitals in high school, but I don't have them on my phone and am not too keen about posting them on here.

They weren't that long ago though, so they wouldn't look dated anyway.

The first year, I had a very junior gown. I was 13 or so and I hated the dress. It looked like a little girl's dress. The second year, I wore a dress that looked like a top and skirt sewn together. Long navy skirt and a navy top that was heavily beaded. I liked that one much better.
  • LadyMillilLadyMillil member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    I don't have any prom photos with me. My prom kind of sucked. My date was a friend. Her boyfriend was 21 and didn't want to go to prom because he thought he would be considered creepy. Friend planned to lose her virginity that night so she spent the whole night obsessing about that, and all my other friends had BFs that they spent the night dancing with. The after party was in a field about a mile from my parents, just a bunch of teenagers standing around drinking. I was a good little girl that didn't drink and was so bored that I had my parents come pick me up after an hour. 

ETA: I'm loving the pics of everyone. My dress was a long black sheath dress with spaghetti straps. I wore the platform sandals and had the early 2000 updo that everyone else was rocking.

Anniversary
  • @climbingwife Your pics make me want to time warp back to 1999 so badly. I feel like the 80's were embarassing with the teased hair and poofy dresses, I feel like the early 90's were embarassing with mom jeans/ crop tops/ still big bangs, but I feel like the late 90's were seriously awesome!! Jnco jeans, billabong tshirts, adidas shelltoes, chain wallets, hemp necklaces, butterfly hair clips, cheetah print dresses. Fuck I am not embarrased by any of it- I loved the shit out of it! lol

• I interrupt these adorable pictures to bring you a 2015 prom update.

No kidding, I just found this out.

Apparently, at Moose's school, there's a school dance policy. 
    If they see you grinding or giving lap dances (ohmygod, this happens) they take you off the dance floor, give you a mug shot card to hold, take your picture, and send it to your parents, so they know.

Often referred to as Twerk jail. By the kids, not the teachers

This is something new to me. 
    The Kid mentioned something like this. Unfortunately, none of his circle go to dances yet so I don't have the full story. He laughs at our HS pictures because we went to school in the age of grunge.

Also, these 2008 graduations make me feel ancient. My 20 year reunion already passed at that point.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • jenna8984 said:

@climbingwife Your pics make me want to time warp back to 1999 so badly. I feel like the 80's were embarassing with the teased hair and poofy dresses, I feel like the early 90's were embarassing with mom jeans/ crop tops/ still big bangs, but I feel like the late 90's were seriously awesome!! Jnco jeans, billabong tshirts, adidas shelltoes, chain wallets, hemp necklaces, butterfly hair clips, cheetah print dresses. Fuck I am not embarrased by any of it- I loved the shit out of it! lol

I'm with you on that. Mid to late 90s were my jam. 
  •  

I interrupt these adorable pictures to bring you a 2015 prom update.

If they see you grinding or giving lap dances (ohmygod, this happens) they take you off the dance floor, give you a mug shot card to hold, take your picture, and send it to your parents, so they know.

The Kid mentioned something like this. Unfortunately, none of his circle go to dances yet so I don't have the full story. He laughs at our HS pictures because we went to school in the age of grunge.

Also, these 2008 graduations make me feel ancient. My 20 year reunion already passed at that point.

Mine is this year. There is no way that I have been out of high school for 20 years. It feels like only a few years ago I graduated. Where did the time go?
  • arrippa said:

I interrupt these adorable pictures to bring you a 2015 prom update.

Mine is this year. There is no way that I have been out of high school for 20 years. It feels like only a few years ago I graduated. Where did the time go?
    Actually, I had a brain fart. That was 10 years. Just went to DH's 20th. My old brain can't handle numbers!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I interrupt these adorable pictures to bring you a 2015 prom update.

If our schools did reunions, it would be 20 years this year...I feel old...
  • JoanE2012 said:

Some of you are only babies, it makes me feel old. Prom in 2008? I was working for the same company I'm working for now in 2008.

Here is my junior prom picture. This is my HS boyfriend who I dated for 7 years, unfortunately. 

I went to 4 proms, and some had dinner some didn't. Junior proms we didn't go out to eat first. Senior proms we did.
    Yes!  I can't help but feeling old with some of these prom years!  Some of you guys have "normal" pictures that could've been taken yesterday.....there's no dating or aging of the photos yet.  

I don't have any photos (didn't go to prom!), but our class years were identifiable by teased, permed, BIG hair.
    I also started working for my company in 2008. My prom was almost 20 years ago! And I got divorced in 2004. 
  • Oh, I wish my prom pictures weren't at my parents house!
  • Obviously not of me, but here are some prom pictures of celebrities: http://cheezburger.com/476933/heres-how-these-15-celebrities-prepared-for-prom
  • FiancB said:

I was a huge prude in high school and I was totally guilty of grinding. WTF. 

Which reminds me, H is now a middle school teacher so whenever he's chaperoning an 8th grade dance I send him memes about leaving room for Jesus. 

Ah, the "leave room for Jesus."  Second to my favorite expression of "Leave room for Mary, she's pregnant with Jesus."

I went to a Catholic school.

• I graduated in 2000. 15 years ago...crazypants!
  • levioosa said:

FiancB said:

Which reminds me, H is now a middle school teacher so whenever he's chaperoning an 8th grade dance I send him memes about leaving room for Jesus. 

Ah, the "leave room for Jesus."  Second to my favorite expression of "Leave room for Mary, she's pregnant with Jesus."

I went to Catholic school and the majority of the parents were very nice and low key. Except one- who wouldn't let her daughters attend the dance, then showed up, turned on the lights, and scolded all of us for "looking like whores". Yea, we were in 6th grade and were all wearing jeans and appropriate shirts. It was nuts.

• jenna8984 said:

levioosa said:

FiancB said:

I went to Catholic school and the majority of the parents were very nice and low key. Except one- who wouldn't let her daughters attend the dance, then showed up, turned on the lights, and scolded all of us for "looking like whores". Yea, we were in 6th grade and were all wearing jeans and appropriate shirts. It was nuts.
    Those poor kids. Can you imagine the agony of waiting at home, knowing your crazy ass mom was marching down to the dance to heap crazy ass sermons to all your friends? Holy shit. It's like the mom from Carrie. In sixth grade, the humiliation would have just about ended me. That's the kind of moment where you want to crawl under a rock, and burrow into the dirt like a mole.
  • jenna8984 said:

levioosa said:

FiancB said:

• Blergbot said:

allispain said:

Blergbot said:

My prom story is pretty sad...I missed my junior prom because I went to Germany my junior year on an exchange program (nerd alert!). So when I got back everyone had moved on with their lives without me. My BFFs were no longer friends with each other, my BF (we did the sensible thing and broke up when I left for Germany) had gotten cool over night and would no longer speak to me...I basically had no friends/life senior year. I did become close with this gay guy, and I asked him to prom. He said yes, but then he backed out to go with ANOTHER GIRL! So I wound up asking this Sophmore I barely knew. He was sweet (and very cute), but we had nothing to talk about. Many girls were jealous, though, because he was very shy and therefore had this mysterious reputation.

Blergbot

I too am a nerd who studied about junior year of high school (in Spain). I broke up with my BF before I left as well, though he didn't seem to get it (he sent me a new mix CD every week for the first two months...). I feel your pain on the HS friends all sucking upon return. I couldn't wait to get out of HS by the end of senior year!

I went to my senior prom with a guy friend from a different town (small, rural school districts). We agreed we'd each take each other, so that we both had a date. My prom was two weeks before his. The week in between, he told me that he would rather go stag to his than bring me - his reason? He said it was because he how much hard I tried to make sure he had fun at my prom, and he didn't want to have to do that at his. Yeah. That went over gangbusters.

The paralells are uncanny! That sucks and that guy sounds like a total douche.
    A douche indeed. My mom had out a picture of us from prom up on the fridge - a magnet lived over his face :-)
  • BlergbotBlergbot member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2015
    allispain said:

Blergbot said:

allispain said:

Blergbot said:

My prom story is pretty sad...I missed my junior prom because I went to Germany my junior year on an exchange program (nerd alert!). So when I got back everyone had moved on with their lives without me. My BFFs were no longer friends with each other, my BF (we did the sensible thing and broke up when I left for Germany) had gotten cool over night and would no longer speak to me...I basically had no friends/life senior year. I did become close with this gay guy, and I asked him to prom. He said yes, but then he backed out to go with ANOTHER GIRL! So I wound up asking this Sophmore I barely knew. He was sweet (and very cute), but we had nothing to talk about. Many girls were jealous, though, because he was very shy and therefore had this mysterious reputation.

Blergbot

I too am a nerd who studied about junior year of high school (in Spain). I broke up with my BF before I left as well, though he didn't seem to get it (he sent me a new mix CD every week for the first two months...). I feel your pain on the HS friends all sucking upon return. I couldn't wait to get out of HS by the end of senior year!

I went to my senior prom with a guy friend from a different town (small, rural school districts). We agreed we'd each take each other, so that we both had a date. My prom was two weeks before his. The week in between, he told me that he would rather go stag to his than bring me - his reason? He said it was because he how much hard I tried to make sure he had fun at my prom, and he didn't want to have to do that at his. Yeah. That went over gangbusters.

The paralells are uncanny! That sucks and that guy sounds like a total douche.
    A douche indeed. My mom had out a picture of us from prom up on the fridge - a magnet lived over his face :-)

Wow. Your mom sounds messed up. How lomg ago was this?
  • At dinner before our prom. 2005, I was in grade 11 and H in grade 12.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I don't have any pictures handy but I went with a tool-bag who spent over half the night sitting at the table, crying (ACTUAL TEARS, FOLKS) because he didn't think his ex girlfriend was enjoying her prom. (She was over on the dancefloor with her new man and she even danced with us in the girl circle to Pop, Lock, and Drop It.) With the exclusion of him, prom was actually hella fun. Until instead of an afterparty he told me he had planned on hitting Waffle House and then heading home. Excellent memories, I'm glad I went with him. 
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    D'aww, I'm surprised how many people are married to their high school sweethearts! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards