Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday!

Re: Tuesday!

• Options
    @lavenderfields13 I'm surprising her this weekend with the rest of my family. She hates me right now but I know she will be really excited once she finds out.
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @Labro - Holy gorgeous peony!!!! 

• Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @keptinstitches Happy birthday!!!

@southernpeach89 DYING because IT'S YOUR BABY PEACH!! Lookit the baaaabbbbbyyyyyyy

@GoldenPenguin I CAN'T EVEN TALK BECAUSE YOUR WEDDING IS HAPPENING SO SOON WHAT

----------

Allergies are hitting me super hard today, but I'm hopped up on antihistamines and hoping the climate control at work can help me survive the rest of the day.

Has anyone done delivery from IKEA before? We're hoping to go there in a couple weeks and shop at the store, but then pay for delivery to our apartment. We also need to figure out how we're getting rid of all this other furniture ...
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @Ellis1228 - I love my FitBit so much.  I have the FitBit flex, so it doesn't monitor my heart rate, but it does all the other things.  The thing I like is that it helps keep me paying attention--the actual act of wearing it on my wrist helps a lot.

Happy Tuesday, everybody!

I've got a quiet day planned.  I'm working on packing up the house, because my brother and his roommate are moving in June 1, and I'm leaving on Friday for 10 days in TX with my BFF, so I need to finish packing before I go so I can get it cleaned and ready for them when I get back.  I'm almost done--just have the kitchen left.  I'm going to do part of the kitchen this morning, then hit the gym, and then the rest of it this afternoon/evening.  It's so bizarre...I've lived here for 5 years, and it just feels a little weird to be moving.  When I move to Savannah, I'm downsizing, so I'm getting rid of a ton of stuff that I don't want/don't have space for/don't love.  It's very cathartic.

I think I'm going to try to get some reading done today too.  Now that school is out, I'm finally able to read some books I want to read!  Yesterday I inhaled a chick lit novel called There's Cake in My Future, and I'm also reading Redeployment.  It's a short story collection by a former Marine who served in Iraq, and so far it is incredible.  I can't read too much of it at a time because it's really difficult with BF deployed, but it's an important book for me to read, so I'm slowly working my way through it.

I'm also binge watching Star Trek: Voyager.  I used to watch it with my Dad when I was little, but I'm discovering I love it more as an adult.  I'm such a nerd.  As one of my students said on my evals this semester: "She is nice and kinda dorky."  I'll take it!
  • Options

@labro I love peonies! They are so pretty!

@eilis1228 It's coming up on a year already, it's crazy how fast it all goes by really.  I am sticking to the traditional paper gift. My goal is to get H tickets to see The Book of Mormon on Broadway.  I've love to surprise him with tickets to Paris but too much money right now.  We have a few house projects we need to make happen.

Anniversary

• Options
    labrolabro member

@southernpeach89 - Yay for healthy baby peach! Ultrasound pic is oh so sweet!

Today is my birthday and SO is out of town so that's a bummer.  BUT I woke up to the sweetest card from my kids slid under my door!  Handmade cards are the best!  Leaving for California next Thursday, so I'm trying to get things prepared for that. 

Hoping @labro gets pregnant because this whole pink or blue poo thing feels like something I need to see before I die!

This is a big no. ;) But I might do poo delivery anyway. Maybe we'll do a gender reveal for my next dog. She/he will supply the poo and I'll supply the colored glitter.

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin AHHHHH YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU.  I hope your day is amazing, I can't wait for pictures!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    labro said:

@southernpeach89 - Yay for healthy baby peach! Ultrasound pic is oh so sweet!

Today is my birthday and SO is out of town so that's a bummer.  BUT I woke up to the sweetest card from my kids slid under my door!  Handmade cards are the best!  Leaving for California next Thursday, so I'm trying to get things prepared for that. 

Hoping @labro gets pregnant because this whole pink or blue poo thing feels like something I need to see before I die!

This is a big no. ;) But I might do poo delivery anyway. Maybe we'll do a gender reveal for my next dog. She/he will supply the poo and I'll supply the colored glitter.
    ^^^^ YES!! ^^^^^ Let's find you a puppy RIGHT NOW! I feel like you sending glitter poo to @southernpeach89 might just be the best payback ever for having to wait to find out the gender!

I've been on the end of the waiting game and it is simply TORTURE!

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @TwoDimes I'm sorry you're feeling off. And I'm sending all the vibes to your parent's dog! I know how tough cancer in a family pet can be. I'm here for you!

• Options
    @nowittyusername Happy Birthday!

Sorry you're feeling off @TwoDimes. Sounds like you're having a rough week :(

Congrats on the house @severmilli12 ! Hope there is a baby Sev soon!

• Options
    Hey @severmilli12 !!!! How are you?!? Yes, I'm having a little peach lol. Congrats on the house! We just closed almost two weeks ago on ours! It feels great to finally own a home. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you this month! Baby Sev would be awesome!
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    @severmilli12 - Hey stranger! Congrats on the house! 

• Options
    Hi @severmilli12 Congrats on the house!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    @severmilli12 - Hi!!!  Congrats on the house!

Anniversary
  • Options
    @severmilli12, congratulations on the house!
  • Options
    @dignity100 we flew with Spirit to Vegas.  Read all of the fine print so you are not hit with any unexpected fees.  We read everything in advance and ended up only spending extra on drinks, and then found out later we could have 2 of those little bottle of alcohol in our personal bag.  We checked one bag and didn't have any issues with baggage claim. The flight itself is not comfortable and the seats do not recline.  I had a neck pillow that I let my bf use and then I used my scarf as a pillow for myself.  We both agreed that even though it wasn't comfortable we would fly with them again just because it was so cheap. 

@southernpeach89 Yay for a healthy baby! Are you torturing all of your family, or just @labro?  

@keptinstitches Happy birthday! My birthday is also my favorite holiday, so no judgement here.

@swazzle love the hair inspiration, you're going to look gorgeous!

@goldenpenguin fingers crossed for good news from you interview!! Can't wait to hear all the wedding updates!! I already know you're going to be absolutely stunning!! 

@alpacina Glad to know the laser hair removal is already working!  I had looked into it last year, but decided my next big investment would be invisalign.  Sounds like you did an awesome job for your bf's birthday!

@labro your peonies are gorgeous!

@jenjen047 hope you start feeling better soon, UTI's are the worst. 

My mouth is crazy sore from my dentist appointment.  Bottom jaw didn't take the novocaine again, so had to get a double dose. They ended up needing to replace three fillings instead of 4, so that was at least good news.

Tonight is mother's day dinner at melting pot. I've never gone with more than 4 people, so it will be interesting with a group of 10. 
  • Options
    @severmilli12 OMG HI STRANGER! We've missed you around here! Congrats on the new house! I hope you'll start posting more regularly :)

@futuremrshistorian I love my FitBit so far! I agree that just wearing it holds you more accountable. I keep checking it randomly throughout the day even though I know next to nothing has changed lol. Do you know if there's a way to sync it with other fitness apps like My Fitness Pal?

@KeptInStitches That makes total sense! Your wedding can just be part of the awesome birthday festivities. :) 

@allusive007 We're all anxiously awaiting news about Baby G! I hope you had a smooth and easy L&D and that you guys are home resting now. <3

@peaseblossom55 Book of Mormon tickets sound like a great gift! I hope you're able to get them! I'm sure he'll love it.

@TwoDimes Aw, I'm sorry you guys are feeling off right now. :( Sending lots of T&P to your parents' dog.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @eilis1228 they are expensive but he will love it!

Anniversary

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @severmilli12 Congrats on the house! I hope closing goes smoothly! Nothing new here other than I am officially going to be an AUNT in a few months! YAY!

• Options
    @severmilli12- Congrats on the house! And lots of baby vibes for you :)

• Options
    @speakeasy14 My whole family as well as Sean's family lol.
  • Options

@cu97tiger - good luck for making a move back to AZ!

@dignity100 - i second what @speakeasy14 said about spirit. read the fine print and dont expect a comfortable flight. luckily i flew it from vegas to san diego so it was only an hour and i was so hungover i slept the entire time.

@alpacina - im starting laser on the 28th! im doing a full brazilian....and i hope they mean FULL because i want every nook and cranny lasered. im excited for my first session because they say you can really tell a difference after each session. did it hurt a lot for you??

@labro - agreeeeee i cant wait to hear from @allusive007!

@nowittyusername - happy birthday!!!

@twodimes - sorry you are having an off week. it happens. :( and im REALLY sorry to hear about your dog. T&P for a good outcome!

@severmilli12 - congrats on the house! do you have pics?

@speakeasy14 - yummmm...melting pot....

update on my drs appt: apparently i have a bad UTI, which is odd because i am totally symptom free. the doctor said thats concerning.....oh well. im getting antibiotics today.

also i think i accidentally found out when BF is planning to propose. last night i said something about doing something with my friends for july 4th weekend because he had said he would be working. BF got a really strange look on his face and said he wouldnt want me going away that weekend.....even though he will be working. ive had a hunch since we started talking about getting engaged that he might do it on the 4th...oops! :) but ive lurked on this board long enough to know that nothing is a done deal until it happens so i wont get my hopes up for that! maybe he is planning something else, or maybe he just doesnt want me going away. who knows! anyways, i just said ok and let it go, i didnt want to ask why he doesnt want me going away bc i didnt want to put more pressure on him to come up with a cover story or something.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    @jenjen047 where are you getting your laser done? I keep hearing the ads for Ideal Image - it seems like they've been advertising 60% off for months now. I've been thinking about making an appt for a consult but I really don't have the time for money for it right now. I wish I had thought of it awhile ago because I'd love to have a full brazilian in time for the wedding because I cannot bring myself to get it ALL waxed because of the pain. I'm a huge baby.

How much is it going to cost if you don't mind me asking? 

• Options
    jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    @lavenderfields13 - i got a groupon for laser md medspa. theres one on newbury st and i think a few outside the city. the groupon i got for full brazilian was $379 and i bought it when groupon had 20% off local deals so it was 20% less than that. ive been waxing for nearly 10 years and dont mind the pain but this is definitely cheaper and hopefully more permanent!

ETA @untouchablets CONGRATS!!!!!!! good luck on round 2!
  • Options
    @jenjen047 oh wow-  I thought it was thousands! Hmm I kind of want to call now just for the heck of it. 

@untouchablets glad it went to so well- hope the next one goes great too!

• Options

@jenjen047 - I've heard horror stories from groupon laser jobs. Not to say it won't go well! But my friend had her place close down before she even finished her treatments (probably why they were looking for clients via groupon). She also said that it hurt quite a bit for her, and she has pretty light skin. I read plenty of reviews about pain and such, so I decided to splurge and go to the lady at the salon in the fancy/expensive district with the top of the line new technology that had all 5 star ratings. And omigod, I felt NOTHING. It felt like a tiny tweeze, and then it went away, and there was no discomfort afterward. She said it should get about 30% of the hair the first go around, and I can totally tell that about that much is already missing.

@lavenderfields13 - Just for reference, privately owned salon in downtown Portland is costing me $190 per session for the brazilian, and is expected to take about 5-6 sessions. I am also doing my underarms, which is typically $140 per session, but as a first time customer I get a second "area" free. Lower half of legs are $250 a session, so that's when you'll get into the $1000+ range. I think I'll go back for that next! It's not that bad if you pay at each session. You just have to budget each month instead of saving up all at once.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards