Not Engaged Yet

Guess what day IT IIIIIIIS...

Re: Guess what day IT IIIIIIIS...

• @jenjen047 - Yeah, that happened to me when I went to Honduras on a cruise (or maybe it was Belize that was banned?) and again last year after I got my latest tattoo. If I'd been smart, I would have gotten my tattoo right when I got back from my cruise, but I wasn't that smart. Also, your summer of running sounds fabulous. If you need any pointers about a half-marathon, just let me know :)

@twodimes - Glad you're feeling better!

@peaseblossom55 - Remind me what test you're taking again?

@labro - Yay for cleaners!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @southernpeach89 Spiders would freak me the eff out. I can't deal with them!! I had a total meltdown the other day because there was a wasp between me and my dryer. I have no clue why but sometimes I just become a huge baby around bugs and can't kill them. Other times I am the fucking champ and kill those suckers like it's my job. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @caseface5 Oh believe me! I HATE BUGS! I kill the small ones and leave the huge ones for DH to kill because I just can't. I found a dead brown recluse spider in our storage closet a couple days ago. I HATE THOSE THINGS!
  • @caseface @southernpeach89 I hate bugs in general, especially spiders! Just the thought of them creeps me out. Most people think I'm insane because I'm that terrified. They try to tell me that it's just a bug and it won't hurt me. Umm I didn't choose to have a phobia! Spiders are fucking creepy.

@eilis1228 I am looking forward to it being over in a month and my life going back to normal! Once you MAIL your invites shit gets really real!

• @Southernpeach89 I would have freaked!! When I was having my meltdown about the bee, BF was in the bathroom and I was like "I need you right now!!!" And he's like "I'm shitting right now!!" Well when he was done, I went into the bathroom and he went downstairs to kill the bee. There is a vent in the bathroom that is above the washer/dryer so I could hear him and he tells me he stepped on it and killed it. To take it further he zapped it with our electronic bug zapper. You could hear the bee frying so he brought it upstairs and outside of the bathroom door and keep zapping it!! The noise was awful so I screamed and upset the neighbor's dog so he started barking. LOL. Always an adventure in our house!! 
    friends tv show funy
  • @jenjen047 - I've only been at my current job for 5 months.

• @caseface5 and @southerpeach89 my bee story tops all, when I was 9 I was playing in my neighbors yard and there was a bees nest on the ground and I didn't see it so I stepped on it in my fun and games.. Well they swarmed and I got stung EVERYWHERE and what made it worse was that my dad was walking home from the bus stop and he saw me screaming and waving (for help) and he just thought I was saying hi. When I finally got home I was covered in bees and stings and my parents were like wtf?? So thats how I became intimately familiar with calamine lotion and a lifetime fear of bees lol
  • @cu97tiger - oh i will def come to you for tips!! this is my 3rd attempt at doing a half and i always hit a wall when i get up to 6 mile runs. running for more than an hour is just too much. i get bored.

@eilis1228 - are you kidding? i look forward to eating oatmeal at my desk, drinking coffee, and reading NEY every morning. im just pretty sure my desk mates prob all think i am crazy when they see me on a wedding site every day and im not engaged....

@bethsmiles - did they pull a bait and switch on you? that sucks to have to job hunt again so soon. ive been at my current job for <2 months and am not loving it. i think i mostly just dont like the 9-5 in an office routine every day. i just want a job that lets me WFH 1-2 days a week. in digital marketing i feel like it shouldnt be that hard.
  • @untouchablets That happened to my mom when she was young, and because of it she is deathly allergic. I have never been stung, so we don't know if I am allergic and/or if her allergy was passed down to me. I think that is why I am especially scared of bees. 

Spiders just suck.
    friends tv show funy
  • @swazzle - You look smashing!

@Peaseblossom55 - Hell yes, studying sucks. But you got this! I have no idea how I'm going to convince myself to study for the PE once my 5 year mark rolls around.

@bethsmiles - Sending job vibes your way! I hope you hear back from them soon!

-------------------------------------

You don't even know fear until you've been stung in the mouth. After it happened to me, in high school, when I would even see a bee I would sometimes feel like I was being stung......... I've gotten over it. Living in Costa Rica makes you pretty comfortable with bugs, haha. I don't even kill them anymore. I just put them outside.

So yesterday was a shit show. My blood relatives (tough to call some of them 'family') are just being themselves and I don't know why I expect them to change.

- My brother got convicted of 4th degree assault, with no chance to fight it because his wife had already successfully gotten that restraining order against him (albeit dropped,eventually). He gets a hefty fine and lost his gun rights for 5 years..... The real kicker? He went home to her after that. He went home to his psychotic wife that just put assault on his record. Whattheeverlovingfuck.

- I tried to ask my older sister about her plans for a family vacation. She spent the entire time not answering my questions, but instead trying to make me feel like a bad person. She is apparently a perfect person, and everyone else is selfish and the reason for the problems in her life.

- My other older sister got nothing for Mother's Day from her kids or husband. She does everything for everyone, and no one does anything in return. 3 seperate people told my nephew we would help him if he wanted to do something nice for his mom, considering he just used her truck to T-bone someone a couple of weeks ago. She asked her husband if he'd do her a favor for mother's day, and he told her "Why? You're not my mother."...... Anyways, she's already been depressed about my nephew being a dick, and her husband and her have been fighting, and I'm just going to send her a giant bouquet of flowers today because I want her to know that people appreciate her being there for them.

• @alpacina thanks!

@cu97tiger not sure if I even mentioned it really, the Series 24 for work.

Anniversary

• @jenjen047 - Time to update your music on your iPod... or start listening to books or something! Is it a boredom thing or does your body start shutting down? Around an hour is when you have to start ingesting calories.

@peaseblossom55 - Good luck!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• So I am sitting at my desk stunned a little bit. A girl that I went to school with and was an acquaintance with was found dead by her fiance Monday morning. She passed in her sleep and they have no idea what happened yet. This is so heartbreaking to me. I didn't know her very well, but thinking about all her family and fiance are going through it breaking my heart. 

I can't even imagine waking up and not having BF wake up with me...
    friends tv show funy
  • @jenjen047 - It's really a combination of a lot of different things. It's an entirely new field for me that I thought I might enjoy but I don't. There were things said in my interview that aren't true. And it's just overall not a good fit for me. I miss teaching a lot but I can't teach and afford to pay the bills so I'm trying to figure out what I want to do that will also not have me completely stressed about money. The job I just applied for fits in a lot more with what I went to school for (focused on health communication in grad school, did a lot of public relations in my undergrad - one class short of making it my minor) so I think it could be something outside the teaching field that I actually enjoy doing.

• @alpacina - your sisters H and son sound......interesting. how nice of you to send flowers!

@cu97tiger - its more boredom. i listen to pandora. i want to get into a good book or podcast so i can be like @eilis1228 and forget im working out, but so far no luck. i tried serial but i didnt get hooked on it after 1 episode. maybe i need to start it on my commute and then wait til i am hooked and listen during a run?

@caseface5 - wow what a shock...im so sorry for your friends family. i cant imagine to lose someone so young so unexpectedly. heartbreaking.
  • @jenjen047 - Time to update your music on your iPod... or start listening to books or something! Is it a boredom thing or does your body start shutting down? Around an hour is when you have to start ingesting calories.

@cu97tiger - Can you explain this a little more?

I get bored running if it's over an hour as well. But I don't listen to music. Having stuff in my ears is extra annoying because they get really sweaty, and it also seems to throw off my breathing.

• @alpacina Ugh, all of that family stuff is frustrating. Hopefully your brother is hit with reality soon.  I'm sure it will make your sister's day by receiving those flowers.  You are an awesome sister!

@southernpeach89 supposedly spraying peppermint oil around entryways keeps spiders out.  Might be worth a try if they're all over your house.

All these bee stories are making my skin crawl. I also have a bee story: The house we lived in when I was 6 had a wrap around deck with built in bench.  The corner was my favorite seat. There was a yellow jacket nest right underneath the bench.  I didn't disturb the nest, but one decided to attack.  And because it was a yellow jacket it didn't die and just kept stinging me; right in my spine.  I had a bulls-eye scar until my late teens. 
  • @speakeasy14 Hmm.... I've never heard that before. I'll have to give it a try.
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @bethsmiles - Good luck! I hope you hear back ASAP!

@eilis1228 - Have you ever read anything by Liane Moriarty? 

@AlPacina - I'm so sorry about the family troubles. That's really, really sweet of you to send your sister flowers. I bet she cries! 

@caseface5 - That is so sad :( I'm sorry for your loss. 

@phira - Fingers crossed for J!

@AuroraRose41 - EEEEE! How exciting!!!!!!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @AuroraRose41 Yay for Ireland! That's going to be an AMAZING HM!!!

• @bethsmiles - sorry about the job situation. i hate when you are misled in an interview. hopefully you find something soon that is a better fit.

@phira - the snow scarred me. i had a dream last night there were still a few piles on the sidewalk  *shudder*

@twodimes and @untouchablets - do you have favorite chores? my LEAST favorite is cleaning the bathtub, but that really doesnt even bother me too much. also dislike cleaning out the fridge, idk why.

@aurorarose41 - get a king!! if our bedroom wasnt teeny tiny i would definitely do it! there is a  significant slant in the floors of my apartment (thank you 125 year old apartment) so i end up rolling towards the middle of the mattress and then i yell at BF for crowding me (even though i am on his side of the bed). also yay for ireland! have you been before? any idea what parts you want to visit? def stay in a castle! BF is from ireland so lmk if you have questions!

@eilis1228 - yay for vacuum!! what kind is it? someday i want a dyson....
  • @jenjen047 that's too funny about rolling into the middle of the bed! And I haven't been before, but have always wanted to go. My dad's side of the family is very proud of our Irish-American heritage and even though my dad and my grandparents were all born here, they kept marrying other Irish Americans so were still 100% Irish American until my father married my mother. My mom tells me often about the time when my parents were engaged and they went to a family reunion where my father left my mother in a room with his great aunts from Ireland that only spoke Irish! My dad has taught me a few Irish phrases over the years and I have always really wanted to learn it. 

As far as places to go, I have a rough idea, but could definitely use some guidance. One thing that I am unsure of right now is how long we will be there, and that will definitely impact things.I think we can do about 7 days at least, although I am hoping to be able to do closer to 11-12. My main problem though is that I really want to see the southern part, but there is one very specific thing in Sligo that I want to see too, which is a memorial park dedicated after one of my ancestors. My ideal itinerary right now though is flying into Shannon, spending a few nights at Dromoland Castle (probably take a trip to the Cliffs of Moher from here), then heading to Killarney for a day or two, then Cork, maybe Waterford/Wexford, and end in Dublin. While it would be really cool to see the memorial park and the lands where my ancestors lived in Sligo, I'm not sure we can fit it in. I would definitely appreciate any tips/critiques/things to put on the list though! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards