Chit Chat
Options

Hello lovelies! Weekend plans?

Love hearing about everyone's weekend plans, even if it's, "I plan to sit around in my pajamas, eat chips, and watch Netflix."

Today after work, going to go to Target or something and pick up some thank you cards (as I said in my post yesterday on the E board, wedding presents are already coming in, and thanks to those of you who pointed out the obvious during my "doi" moment) and some Starbucks, then going home to pack.

After FI gets home, we'll drive up to Disney for the weekend. Some of my family are in town, so we're going to do the parks with them on Saturday, then Sunday we'll have a nice lunch somewhere on property and head home.

Any cool news from the week as well? I finally got myself over to the running store and got a long overdue new pair of sneakers. Ran in them for the first time this morning, and I have to say, duh, major improvement.

Also, since we're going out of town and have someone coming over to walk our pooch, I cleaned up the front half of the apartment. I hate cleaning, but it always feels great after. So that was nice.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hello lovelies! Weekend plans?

• Options
    Working a half day today and then we're going camping! I can't wait. It's just 90 mins upstate but it's a new campground for us. I'm excited to check it out. We're bringing our dog and then 2 other couples are meeting us up there Saturday. 
  • Options
    We are going to the drive in for a double feature of Pitch Perfect 2 and the new Avengers movie. I am really looking forward to it since we got rained out last weekend. My husband might even be more excited about PP2 than I am.

The rest of the weekend will be spent packing up our kitchen and anything else we can because we get our new house in a little over a week! We are so excited!
  • Options
    Bachelor party!! So that means I'll be chillin with the best man's wife, who also happens to be my BFF. We have plans to watch trashy TV and play with makeup and nail polish. Obviously I stocked up on wine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    There is a food truck festival in a park around the corner from my house on Sunday- with something like 30+ different food trucks...

I feel like this will sum up my Sunday afternoon:
  • Options
    kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Tonight we have a graduation party/dinner to go to nearby. . . I'm excited to see the graduate!  The food at that restaurant is consistently crap though, so I think we'll take a bottle of wine with us in case we need to go to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner after (this is their last night of BYOW for the season).

Tomorrow I will do some laundry and cleaning while DH is golfing and then we might go to the winery a few towns over that only does Rose.  They have a cool secret garden type tasting area. 

Sunday DH will likely golf while I am at work at the winery (my fabulous weekend job).  I hope i'm working with good people, and that the weather is nice so I can be on the outside deck bar!
    After work DH and I will likely grill something tasty for dinner.

So basically.....wine, wine, wine!
  • Options

Probably visiting my new niece this afternoon, then a massage appointment. Can't wait for that, been way too stressed with the house hunt.

Saturday night my friend's 30th birthday party at her house, I said I'd bring this taco salad pasta recipe I found (basically cold pasta mixed with cold taco seasoned ground beef, tomatoes, olives, little shredded cheese.

Sunday not a thing. Maybe movies with DH or just relaxing.

• Options
    Shopping and day drinking. Both days.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    peachy13 said:

Shopping and day drinking. Both days.

*********************************************************************************

• Options
    Long Weekend Baby! It's May 2-4 in Ontario, it has the official Victoria Day but we all refer to it as the unofficial start of summer. Most people open their cottages, drink a lot (hence the 2-4 reference) and set off fireworks. Good times. We are hanging around the house finishing the garden, going to a friend's birthday party and maybe taking our son to a couple of parks.
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

Bachelorette party tomorrow, although the invites went out super late (less than 2 weeks ahead) so only 2 people are coming besides my 2 BMs. I wanted something low key but I do feel a bit bummed about it. As of Tuesday night there was no plan, the invite just said more details to come so I told the main planner how about this place at X and then do Y&Z after and call it a day.  Guess I planned my own party by doing that but when it is 3-4 days out with no plan something had to give. FI has his bachelor party that is a full day of drinking and friends, etc, so he'll be staying at a friend's house and I'm on dog duty.

No plans Sunday, originally figured lazy hangover day but now that won't happen since I need to be home Sat night for the dog. Probably get in a couple of runs or at least one run and one gym workout this weekend. Probably head to Sam's club to get cups/plates for the cupcakes at the reception and then make a list of the alcohol to buy (no Sunday alcohol sales but I want to look and get Sam's prices to see if they are best or not).

• Options
    I'm off to open up the cottage with my Dad, Dad's girlfriend, sister, sister's boyfriend, other sister, boyfriend, brother, and brother's girlfriend.  That's 9 people, one bathroom and a 4 gallon hot water tank. That's got to be the start of some survival show, right? (I kid, I kid.)   I'm just excited to get out of the city, but sad that H can't come.
  • Options
    Well. Last night I picked up my wedding ring. So ... there's that.

Tonight: errands! I'm'a go grocery shopping, I hope. Take my sister with me and let her pick out what she wants to eat for Sunday dinner and such.

Saturday: I'm'a make bread. I think my brother is coming into town for my baby sister's baccalaureate program, so I'd like to send him home with a loaf. Andplusalso I like the recipe I used last weekend, so I want more of it. I made us two loaves, and they were gone by Monday morning. I need more loaf pans. Or bigger loaf pans. Or something.

Sunday: My baby sister's high school baccalaureate program is that morning. I will cry.

NEXT WEEKEND IS THE BEACH AND I AM SO EXCITED. I'm trying to suss out whether FI will get to go or not. If he does, he and I will leave early Saturday morning and drive down. If he doesn't, I'll ride down with my parents and grandmother Friday night. 

I love FI, but since I'm not sure Bossman will let me take off for our July trip AND time around/after the wedding, I'm going to get what little beach time I can. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

Disney sounds awesome! And I know what you mean about overdue workout stuff- I FINALLY got some new workout shirts and it just makes going to the gym more enjoyable for some reason, haha.

Since it's a long weekend, we're going on a road trip! BF and I were hoping to keep it somewhere within 5 hours from us, but it looks like a lot of the places we want to go will have rain. We may end up choosing Quebec City even though it's a much farther drive, because we've never been in the summer. Either way I'm excited to pick up and just go somewhere!

Formerly martha1818

• Options

I didn't see this thread earlier haha!

Tonight is date night. We are going to get sushi and I am so excited. I really hope today goes by fast.

After that, I have no other plans. I might do some volunteering on Sunday.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I have a job interview after work today so fingers crossed! Then I have girls night out with some friends to go to a Mexican restaurant and then to see Pitch Perfect 2! Very stoked.

Tomorrow I want to work on some wedding stuff and do some things around the house. Tomorrow night my BFF, my mom and her friend are going to dinner together.

Sunday morning we have a birthday party for FI's cousin (1 year old) and then Sunday evening we have a graduation party. Busy weekend!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Its a long weekend up here, unfortunately raining. We are dog sitting, so probably just fun doggy things, like the park, walks, etc. Have to fix a step on our deck as well. Pretty boring. BUT we got a new wine to try, which I'm excited about.
  • Options
    Lonnnnnng weekend!!!!

I really wanted to go camping as its the official weekend to kick off the season up here in Canada-Land, but FI is on call all weekend so we have to stay within 45 minutes of the airport.

There is a lake up the road, so we may throw his work bag and uniform in the vehicle and spend the day there. If not then lots of walks in the woods, and we will probably get some garden pots planted. Have to decide what herbs and things to grow this year. 

Im thinking rosemary, chives, cilantro and parsely. A tomato plant and some lettuce. We rent so we cant plant them in the ground, but we have a couple good pots that we can put out.
  • Options
    SUPER LONG WEEKEND!!!!!!   Woooo!!!  I'm off today and Monday.  I'm getting a massage today and then nothing for the next 4 days.  

I've had 2 weeks of cheer tryouts, and results for the team I really want are being posted Sat afternoon, so that part of the day will consist of refreshing my browser to see if I made it.  

• Options

My bridal shower is on Sunday! 

So today we're doing some major cleaning up the house for guests, and tomorrow BFF is coming to town and we will go shopping to try to find something to wear.  I'll probably get a pedi also.

I will try not to check my registry but willpower is crumbling by the second!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Not excited for our weekend plans. Have to go to a wedding tonight that we got B-listed to (because despite my insistence that this is NOT an honor, H still feels like we should be flattered that they "wanted us there after all." No dude). 

Then tomorrow we have plans to go to some garden across the state with one of H's buddy's and his GF... the buddy had initially wanted to go last weekend, and propose to her there, and really wanted us there for it. Last weekend wound up to be the weekend we had to move, and the guy was all grumpy gus about postponing it. So we reluctantly agreed to go this weekend, even though we've barely gotten any unpacking done. Turns out, HE'S NOT EVEN PROPOSING NOW because he realized "hurr hurr, rings are expensive," is dead set on getting her a huge rock, will not propose without one/with anything smaller, but has no money. :-| Ugh. They've been together for like 7 or 8 years, talking about marriage for as long as I've known them (2.5 years) and he just now realized the kind of ring he wants is like 10x more money than he thought it was.

• Options
    Getting ready to head to Philadelphia with FI to hang out with my best guy friend and his gf, going to Barcade and then seeing Faith No More. I can't wait for quality BFF time, craft beer and arcade games!!!

I plan on being lazy for the rest of the weekend after. It's gonna be great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @lolo883 Awkwaaaard! Is she the type that told him SHE needs a certain size ring? Or he just feels like he needs to get that? Because we most definitely talked about it beforehand, I didn't pick it out or anything but I said I'll kill you if you spend more than $x on a ring. So he knew damn well he didn't need to save for 5 years on something massive (and he obviously didn't).

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

@lolo883 Awkwaaaard! Is she the type that told him SHE needs a certain size ring? Or he just feels like he needs to get that? Because we most definitely talked about it beforehand, I didn't pick it out or anything but I said I'll kill you if you spend more than $x on a ring. So he knew damn well he didn't need to save for 5 years on something massive (and he obviously didn't).

@jenna8984 no, I don't think this direction is coming from her. I think she just really wants to get married, and he's the one focused on appearances/keeping up with the Joneses.

• Options
    One of my best friends graduated with her Master's last weekend and got engaged!!!!!  So we're going out for celebratory Mexican with LOTS of margaritas tonight.  H and her FI are good friends too so they'll laugh at us while we're drunk and drive us home.  :)  

Then since H and I haven't had a free weekend for the last bagillion years it feels like, we are not doing one.single.thing alllllllll weekend.  Except we might go strawberry picking.  Maybe.  

This is me thinking about doing nothing all weekend:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015

More rain in the forecast here, ugh.  That's like 4 weekends in a row.  My main plan tomorrow is to clean my house.  We had a party 2 weekends ago and the house still hasn't recovered totally. 

Sunday I plan on breaking out the pasta attachment for my KitchenAid, and the ravioli presses I bought like, 2 years ago, and am going to make some ravioli.  Should be a fun project.  Probably one of those projects where it's like "this is awesome idea!" and then halfway through it's like "ugh this was a terrible idea". 

Also might see if FI wants to go wedding band shopping... should probably take care of that as we're less than 4 months out.  I've picked his out already, but it's an online company so I need him to get sized, and mine is gonna be difficult as I have little diamonds on the side of my ring that will probably be covered up by a band. 

Married 9.12.15
  • Options

My birthday was Wednesday and H is taking me away Saturday night for a surprise overnight trip! 

Also, my BFF is FINALLY graduating college.  She has been going to school on and off for the last 15 years.  But she has been doing what she can/when she can and now she has finally made it!  I'm so proud of her!  Her ceremony is tomorrow morning, so H & I will be attending with her family.

• Options

More rain in the forecast here, ugh.  That's like 4 weekends in a row.  My main plan tomorrow is to clean my house.  We had a party 2 weekends ago and the house still hasn't recovered totally. 

Sunday I plan on breaking out the pasta attachment for my KitchenAid, and the ravioli presses I bought like, 2 years ago, and am going to make some ravioli.  Should be a fun project.  Probably one of those projects where it's like "this is awesome idea!" and then halfway through it's like "ugh this was a terrible idea". 

Also might see if FI wants to go wedding band shopping... should probably take care of that as we're less than 4 months out.  I've picked his out already, but it's an online company so I need him to get sized, and mine is gonna be difficult as I have little diamonds on the side of my ring that will probably be covered up by a band. 

I got that for Christmas! I love it!!! I want the ravioli maker now!
  • Options

I got that for Christmas! I love it!!! I want the ravioli maker now!
    I feel bad, a very generous friend gifted it to me for my birthday like 3 years ago and I have only used it one time :(  To be fair, we were in a state of limbo for about a year where most of my things were packed away.  But yeah, I bought some fun presses etc. on Amazon and they're all ready to be used!  Still deciding on fillings. 
    Married 9.12.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards