Chit Chat

Josh Duggar

Re: Josh Duggar

• Has anyone tried to reach out to the girls or anything? So far we've only heard from Josh and his parents. I just wonder if any of the girls are going to speak out. I know the unmarried ones probably won't get the chance but aren't a couple of them married now?
  • edited May 2015
    jdluvr06 said:Has anyone tried to reach out to the girls or anything? So far we've only heard from Josh and his parents. I just wonder if any of the girls are going to speak out. I know the unmarried ones probably won't get the chance but aren't a couple of them married now?------------------------------------

Even so, 0% chance their husbands would let them. (Key word "let"... because in their family, your husband
    does have to "let" you do things.)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• jdluvr06 said:

Has anyone tried to reach out to the girls or anything? So far we've only heard from Josh and his parents. I just wonder if any of the girls are going to speak out. I know the unmarried ones probably won't get the chance but aren't a couple of them married now?

Right now they are drinking the kool-ade.     I would be very surprised if they make a statement for anything other then showing forgiveness for their sinning brother.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • jdluvr06 said:

Has anyone tried to reach out to the girls or anything? So far we've only heard from Josh and his parents. I just wonder if any of the girls are going to speak out. I know the unmarried ones probably won't get the chance but aren't a couple of them married now?

Only if their new husbands allow it.

Any of the girls who are not married won't be allowed to talk. They're women. They're nothing. At least in this family.
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015

jdluvr06 said:

------------------------------------

Even so, 0% chance their husbands would let them. (Key word "let"... because in their family, your husband does have to "let" you do things.)
    **** BOXES *****

Agreed. Even being out of that house those girls still are so controlled by other people (their husbands and still their crazy-ass parents) I'd be shocked to hear from any of them on this matter.

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    yogapants said:In case anyone is wondering how Gothard (whose teachings the Duggars follow) "counsels" sexual abuse victims, here's a link:

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2013/04/how-counseling-sexual-abuse-blames-and-shames-survivors/

@luckya23 I don't want to think the worst of you, but you don't seem to comprehend that these girls are real, living people. I know you said you've met them, but you are talking about this like it's just good television.
    **** BOXES ****

I clicked on the link. I knew it would be awful but I clicked anyway. First thing I saw was "If the abused is not at fault" What the ever loving fuck?! The abused is
    never at fault and this really just makes me believe even more that these poor girls were told the abuse was their fault.

• @yogapants I did not meet the girls, just Michelle.  This was when they were in Little Rock, but the rest of the family had already gone back to Springdale.

I meant more like it would be interesting if this sort of "broke open" their cocoon and they were allowed to be more like real people than the scripted daddy-controlled nanny robots they appear to be now (who even wrote a whole book which may be largely false). 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• So two things. I did watch the wedding episodes (because I like stuff where weddings are involved) and saw that the one sister was weepy while saying Jessa and she "went through" something together. It's so awful to realize this must have been what she was referring to. 

Second, I'm very saddened yet not surprised the parents swept this under the rug or made a half-ass attempt at counseling.  Someone else said it, that it's easier to ignore than do the right thing. How many parents turn their minor children over to the juvenile justice system?  A few years ago, my mom said that her very-longtime friend had stopped being friends with another family because one of the young teenage boys had molested one of the other's daughters. I found this out, what, 16 or 17 years after the fact? I was blown away. Nothing was ever done. The guy in question was even (still is, actually) good friends with my high school boyfriend. No consequences ever. The parents (and mine) just stopped seeing that family, essentially removing all the kids from contacting each other. It just doesn't surprise me that parents won't have their kids arrested. 

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    lnixon8 said:

Not to circle back to the sex ed chat but as a teacher my school computer is blocking a lot of articles on this for certain "code words"...

Harpo? Is that a person? Organization?
    @lnixon8
    Harpo Studios is the production company that Oprah owns and that produce the Oprah Winfrey Show. Harpo is Oprah spelled backwards.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • yogapants said:

In case anyone is wondering how Gothard (whose teachings the Duggars follow) "counsels" sexual abuse victims, here's a link:

http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2013/04/how-counseling-sexual-abuse-blames-and-shames-survivors/

@luckya23 I don't want to think the worst of you, but you don't seem to comprehend that these girls are real, living people. I know you said you've met them, but you are talking about this like it's just good television.

**** BOXES ****

I clicked on the link. I knew it would be awful but I clicked anyway. First thing I saw was "If the abused is not at fault" What the ever loving fuck?! The abused is never at fault and this really just makes me believe even more that these poor girls were told the abuse was their fault.

I have no doubt they were.     If you look at Jana and Joy, there is some deep sadness there.       Some people have speculated on  the Free Jinger site that Jill was NOT abused (it's known one of the 2 older ones was not) and that is why she is JB's favorite.      You know, being all pure and stuff.

Not sure that is true, but Jill is the favorite and really drinks the Kool-ade.  Jessa just wanted to get the hell out.  She has always had a little "rebellious" streak.  Well rebellious as far as the are concerned.    Jinger's speech at  Jessa's RD, is starting to make sense now.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • KatWAG said:

Not to circle back to the sex ed chat but as a teacher my school computer is blocking a lot of articles on this for certain "code words"...

Harpo? Is that a person? Organization?
    @lnixon8
    Harpo Studios is the production company that Oprah owns and that produce the Oprah Winfrey Show. Harpo is Oprah spelled backwards.
    KatWAG said:

SITB

KatWAG said:

Why did I never know this?  I am an idiot.

• So two things. I did watch the wedding episodes (because I like stuff where weddings are involved) and saw that the one sister was weepy while saying Jessa and she "went through" something together. It's so awful to realize this must have been what she was referring to. 

Second, I'm very saddened yet not surprised the parents swept this under the rug or made a half-ass attempt at counseling.  Someone else said it, that it's easier to ignore than do the right thing. How many parents turn their minor children over to the juvenile justice system?  A few years ago, my mom said that her very-longtime friend had stopped being friends with another family because one of the young teenage boys had molested one of the other's daughters. I found this out, what, 16 or 17 years after the fact? I was blown away. Nothing was ever done. The guy in question was even (still is, actually) good friends with my high school boyfriend. No consequences ever. The parents (and mine) just stopped seeing that family, essentially removing all the kids from contacting each other. It just doesn't surprise me that parents won't have their kids arrested. 
    I wonder if that is what brought this whole thing back up... if someone who knew the history saw that part of the wedding episode, realized that the girls are still very actively suffering over this event that was never properly handled, and leaked the story to the media.

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    @MagicInk  -  Mama June is mad

I wonder if that is what brought this whole thing back up... if someone who knew the history saw that part of the wedding episode, realized that the girls are still very actively suffering over this event that was never properly handled, and leaked the story to the media.
    God, I can't even imagine watching any more episodes of 19 Kids and Counting.  There were probably so many signs that the girls were referring to their abuse or the fear of their brother, and I watched it unknowingly.  To know what I know, now, to watch any other episodes would just be chilling and creepy.
  • lyndausvi said:

Oh boy, here we go. Now people will claim (right or wrong) they just canceled it to avoid a lawsuit. What a cluster.
    *********************************************************************************

• lyndausvi said:

Oh boy, here we go. Now people will claim (right or wrong) they just canceled it to avoid a lawsuit. What a cluster.
    I'm a little more forgiving in that I know that somethings take a little time.    I do not think TLC is going to keep them, but I'm sure pulling the plug within a few hours is unrealistic.    They have to get all the ducks in a row legally first.  That takes more then 24 hours sometimes.

• http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/22/tlc-pulls-19-kids-and-counting-josh-duggar-molestation-scandal/

They pulled it. Well, according to the most reliable news source of tmz

• lyndausvi said:

lyndausvi said:

I'm a little more forgiving in that I know that somethings take a little time.    I do not think TLC is going to keep them, but I'm sure pulling the plug within a few hours is unrealistic.    They have to get all the ducks in a row legally first.  That takes more then 24 hours sometimes.
    Oh definitely. That's kind of what I'm saying - even if they had the wheels in motion to cancel the show and they were already filing the necessary paperwork, etc.... now people might say "oh they just did because mama june lawsuit" because of the timing. Which would really be too bad.
    *********************************************************************************

• @lyndausvi, I'm glad she's pointing out the hypocrisy at work here. Even if maybe she doesn't know that's exactly what she's doing. The Duggars (unlike the BooBoo's...I do not know their last name) have political connection, money, and are nice upstanding Christian family. Mama June's clan featured a pregnant teenager, they were lower-middle class, and have no political connections. Easy to decision to ax their show. Harder with the Duggars.

Remember when it came out Stephen Collins exposed himself to young girls? The very next day, all stations that still aired reruns of 7th Heaven dropped it from their network. 

And yet TLC couldn't figure out how not to air a Duggar marathon? Marathon any other show you have.
  • lyndausvi said:

yogapants said:

In case anyone is wondering how Gothard (whose teachings the Duggars follow) "counsels" sexual abuse victims, here's a link:

**** BOXES ****

I clicked on the link. I knew it would be awful but I clicked anyway. First thing I saw was "If the abused is not at fault" What the ever loving fuck?! The abused is never at fault and this really just makes me believe even more that these poor girls were told the abuse was their fault.
    I have no doubt they were.     If you look at Jana and Joy, there is some deep sadness there.       Some people have speculated on  the Free Jinger site that Jill was NOT abused (it's known one of the 2 older ones was not) and that is why she is JB's favorite.      You know, being all pure and stuff.

Not sure that is true, but Jill is the favorite and really drinks the Kool-ade.  Jessa just wanted to get the hell out.  She has always had a little "rebellious" streak.  Well rebellious as far as the are concerned.    Jinger's speech at  Jessa's RD, is starting to make sense now.

In the "All About Jill" episode prior to her wedding episode, Josh made a statement that Jill was always the one to "run to mother if he was doing something not quite right."  Sick.

• I honestly hope the girls never have to talk about it. As it stands right now, any statement from any of them would be parroted bullshit their parents gave them. If they were in a place where they could freely choose whether or not speak about it, and wanted to, it would be different, but as of right now they do not have that choice.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • MagicInk said:

@lyndausvi, I'm glad she's pointing out the hypocrisy at work here. Even if maybe she doesn't know that's exactly what she's doing. The Duggars (unlike the BooBoo's...I do not know their last name) have political connection, money, and are nice upstanding Christian family. Mama June's clan featured a pregnant teenager, they were lower-middle class, and have no political connections. Easy to decision to ax their show. Harder with the Duggars.

Remember when it came out Stephen Collins exposed himself to young girls? The very next day, all stations that still aired reruns of 7th Heaven dropped it from their network. 

And yet TLC couldn't figure out how not to air a Duggar marathon? Marathon any other show you have.
    I hear you but, 7th Heaven was on a different network.   TLC is connected with NBC.  The Today Show has them on all the time.   The show was still in production.

I'm sure there was a more going on then 7th Heaven which has been off the air for a long time and was solely reruns.   Same, but different.

I hope TMZ is right.  I never thought they would continue, as I said, they were just getting their ducks in a row first.  Sometimes that takes a little time.  I can't fault them for that.

• HeatherKatHeatherKat member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    TMZ is reporting the show has been cancelled: click

ETA: Whoops! TK moves faster than I can post. Carry on.
    Amor vincet omnia.... par liones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• TMZ is reporting the show has been cancelled: click

ETA: Whoops! TK moves faster than I can post. Carry on.

It says no long term decision has been made, but they have pulled scheduled airings.

How fortunate that the season ended this week... interesting timing.

• lyndausvi said:

MagicInk said:

@lyndausvi, I'm glad she's pointing out the hypocrisy at work here. Even if maybe she doesn't know that's exactly what she's doing. The Duggars (unlike the BooBoo's...I do not know their last name) have political connection, money, and are nice upstanding Christian family. Mama June's clan featured a pregnant teenager, they were lower-middle class, and have no political connections. Easy to decision to ax their show. Harder with the Duggars.

I hear you but, 7th Heaven was on a different network.   TLC is connected with NBC.  The Today Show has them on all the time.   The show was still in production.

I'm sure there was a more going on then 7th Heaven which has been off the air for a long time and was solely reruns.   Same, but different.

I hope TMZ is right.  I never thought they would continue, as I said, they were just getting their ducks in a row first.  Sometimes that takes a little time.  I can't fault them for that.
    I can see cancelling it taking some time. It's the marthon they aired I can't understand why they didn't scrap that at least. 

Was the marathon aired before/after the shit hit the fan though? I don't have TLC so I'm not actually sure.
  • luckya23 said:

MagicInk said:

lyndausvi said:

MagicInk said:

I can see cancelling it taking some time. It's the marthon they aired I can't understand why they didn't scrap that at least. 

Was the marathon aired before/after the shit hit the fan though? I don't have TLC so I'm not actually sure.
    Shit hit the fan a few hours before, I think?     I'm on mountain time and not really sure when TLC started showing on the east coast compared to when the shit really hit.

Free Jinger users were surprised at the marathon, so maybe it was even longer.  I was too when I heards (I didn't watch it though).  But i do not know enough about how that shit works.   Being still in production there might have been certain contractually things saying they will do marathons on whatever day and there wasn't enough time to figure out it all before it started running?

Pure speculation though.

• Yahoo is now reporting that the show has been pulled - CLICK
  • I have only seen the 2 wedding episodes as well. I love weddings and was bored so I figured I would check it out. Everything I have just read makes my stomache turn. Even in those 2 episodes I can see what is being said here and how it makes sense... yet I was so blind wen I was watching it.

Anniversary
  • I should add that just because something hasn't been publicly announced doesn't' mean it had not already been pulled internally.  

They were still in production, I would imagine they had some logistical things to work out getting them out of the Duggars before making a public announcement.    I know I would rather find out I'm out of a job from my bosses and not TMZ.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards