Chit Chat

TOS PSA

Re: TOS PSA

• beethery said:

beethery said:

Is this the reason Beethery didn't want to be a mod anymore?

Beethery been too busy doing other stuff to be a good mod. Though I have to say aaaaalllll this shit does not super impress me.

She's like motherfucking beetlejuice.

Disclaimer: I am intoxicated. I roll hard, yall. It's Long Island Friday.

• yogapants said:

So...is there any sort of backup place that people are going to flee to if the admins start banning left and right? Because I really enjoy the community here.

Are Lycos chat rooms still around? 

ETA: I realized right after posting that the most of the knotties here might be too young to know what those are lol 
    I'm pretty sure I'm decently older than you and I don't know what those are.  But AOL chat rooms FTW. 
    Married 9.12.15
  • Prodigy anybody? I rocked the a/s/l in the day with Prodigy chat rooms.

• Prodigy anybody? I rocked the a/s/l in the day with Prodigy chat rooms.

We got AOL when I was like, 12 (so 1994?) so no Prodigy for me.  We did play the shit out of SimCity and Carmen Sandiego on our two color (black and amber) monitor computer with the Geoworks OS before AOL though.
    Married 9.12.15
  • edited June 2015
  • yogapants said:

So...is there any sort of backup place that people are going to flee to if the admins start banning left and right? Because I really enjoy the community here.

How do you guys not know about tk treehouse?
    I feel like the last time they were extensively discussed was about a year ago when treehouse folks returned briefly and HGF left. So if people are newer than that, I could easily see not knowing.
  • yogapants said:

I don't know about it. And I've been around 6+ months.

• yogapants said:

I feel like the last time they were extensively discussed was about a year ago when treehouse folks returned briefly and HGF left. So if people are newer than that, I could easily see not knowing.
    Oh yeah, I remember her from when I first joined like 9 months ago, I wondered what happened to her.  I remember hearing about it as a place they went after an exodus but didn't know anything else about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • beethery said:

Is this the reason Beethery didn't want to be a mod anymore?

Beethery been too busy doing other stuff to be a good mod. Though I have to say aaaaalllll this shit does not super impress me.

She's like motherfucking beetlejuice.

Disclaimer: I am intoxicated. I roll hard, yall. It's Long Island Friday.

I will be joining you so shortly.

HAPPY 'MURICA WEEKEND

• edited June 2015
  • It's been real, y'all.

Aww, this can't be it, lolo.  If you're gonna go out, do it in a blaze of glory!

I mean, it's hard enough to post at all when I get logged out every time! I don't really know if this place is worth the effort anymore.

• In other news: I busted out the margarita ville we got for the shower!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:

In other news: I busted out the margarita ville we got for the shower!

Mimosa for me!
  • arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

larrygaga said:

In other news: I busted out the margarita ville we got for the shower!

Mimosa for me!
    Working on my second glass of wine. Sadly, after that all I have is limoncello. 
  • edited June 2015
  • Meh.  TK does a mass banning every summer or two.  Things are warming up here, and this looks like the beginning of mass exodus #3 or 4 for me.  The last 2 groups both went to Proboards (one to Thunderdome, the other to the Treehouse).  

• Meh.  TK does a mass banning every summer or two.  Things are warming up here, and this looks like the beginning of mass exodus #3 or 4 for me.  The last 2 groups both went to Proboards (one to Thunderdome, the other to the Treehouse).  

Seems that way. Fucking ban me, whatever. 

• edited June 2015
  • Wow admins. This was dealt with in an excellent professional adult manner.

So long as we redefine the meanings of all those words.

Remember everyone the authority is absolute and you will not question it.
  • edited June 2015
  • So. . .

Why are people getting banned here? Come on, now.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I am incredibly disappointed in this bullshit. Check the sig. Y'all will get the gist. It's been real.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Actually, @KnotRiley and @KnotHolly, since the pinned post is closed (because of course it is) it would be really great if we could have those discussions publicly, so there would be some accountability and everyone could have the clarity to know what is going on. Have them on the tech board, whatever, but have them publicly.

For instance: If I say, "That is the stupidest fucking idea I've ever heard," does that garner me a warning? It's not a personal attack. They could be a really nice person, who just happened to have a really fucking stupid idea, and profanity is one way of conveying just how stupid the idea is, so they don't go with it and they continue on being a nice person. But based on the behavior that currently seems ban-able, that sounds like it'd be a warning. Which is it? If it's warnable, that seems to go directly against the TOS' profession that "we know you're all adults here."
  • esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    ***Removed for TOS violation***
  • This is some fucking bullshit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards