Chit Chat

... and now for something completely different!

I'm bored with TOS discussions and I'm in desperate need of diversion to keep my nerves under control because my wedding is 4 days away. So, this is for any old-school folks who are still around, or for newbies please feel free to introduce yourselves!

1. Do you like wine? If yes, then what is your favorite?
YES! In this hot weather, I like a nice crisp, chilled pinot grigio.

2. Name something you love about your fiancee/significant other/husband/wife.
Every morning he kisses me goodbye and says he will miss me and think about me during the day.

3. Name something that bugs you about your fiancee/significant other/husband/wife.
He cannot, for the life of him, stay up past 10pm. Not even for special occasions, including New Years Eve.

4. What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
When I was 6 I lived in Africa and drank blood directly from the slit neck of a goat.

5. What did you do for Memorial Day weekend?
Family barbeque and lots and lots of last-minute wedding errands and DIYs!

6. When is your wedding?
May 30, 2015.

Re: ... and now for something completely different!

• I'm bored with TOS discussions and I'm in desperate need of diversion to keep my nerves under control because my wedding is 4 days away. So, this is for any old-school folks who are still around, or for newbies please feel free to introduce yourselves!

Not really but I will drink Moscato if it's not too bubbly.

He's very cuddly.

3. Name something that bugs you about your fiancee/significant other/husband/wife.

His crazy sleeping schedule. He works night so he mostly naps. Also that he doesn't want to see a doctor about his obvious sleep apnea.

I can't think of anything!

My BFF and I had a yard sale on Saturday and then

6. When is your wedding?
    June 27, 2015.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Every once in a while.  I like what I call "back porch wines" so sweet/fruity kinds that most wine drinkers don't like.

likes to be silly with me

iphone game obsesson

cant think of anything, I think I had a couple of odd meats in North Africa one time (I think pigeon and maybe goat??) but generally not too adventurous

Ran a 10K, hung out with friends at a pool and a boat, then did wedding stuff

6. When is your wedding?
    May 29, 2015.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm bored with TOS discussions and I'm in desperate need of diversion to keep my nerves under control because my wedding is 4 days away. So, this is for any old-school folks who are still around, or for newbies please feel free to introduce yourselves!

When I was 6 I lived in Africa and drank blood directly from the slit neck of a goat.

OMG
  • kvruns said:

OMG

box box box

• swiftsticksswiftsticks member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2015
    I like wine and prefer Rivaner, but would toss it for sangria.

He knows how to make me smile and how get me out of a funky mood.

He snores

Kangaroo sausage

5. What did you do for Memorial Day  last weekend?
    Went go carting for the first time, celebrated a friend's birthday, saw the grandparents.

6. When is your wedding?
    June 20, 2015
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. Do you like wine? If yes, then what is your favorite?
    Red - I like all kinds. Pinot Noir, Malbec, Cabernet. I'll drink it all. 

He's the most thoughtful, kind person I've ever known. 

It takes him a long time to leave the house. I feel like I'm always waiting for him. 

Frog legs, maybe? I feel like I've eaten weird stuff though, and that seems too normal. 

Went to a wedding, hung out at the marina, sanded and primed the bathroom. 

6. When is your wedding?
    It was 9/27/14
  • I dig questionnaires :) 

Do you like wine? If yes, then what is your favorite?

Hell yes. Right now I like pinot noirs, merlots, and old vine zinfandels. 

He makes me laugh. I know saying a good sense of humor is just a trite answer, but for us, it's true. No one else makes me laugh like he does. 

He thinks it's funny to annoy me. Like, tickle my feet while I'm reading a book. Sigh. 

Sea urchin at a sushi restaurant. It kind of tasted like a mushy sweet potato drowned in ocean water. 

BBQ with friends and a quick getaway to NYC.

6. When is (was) your wedding?
    September 13, 2014. Time has been flying for sure. 

Yep! I like all wines basically. I generally go for a good Cab.

I love DH's sense of humor and laid back personality. It is a good balance of who I am.

He throws dirty clothes in the bathroom floor even though the hamper is five feet away.

I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food. So squirrel?

Basically nothing. DH and I bought a new quilt for the bed, got an ice cream makers, and I finally found a new bra. I had to go to a specialty bra store because VS wasn't cutting it anymore. I was wearing a 32 DD. Now, it's a 30 G or H. We just spent time together most of the weekend. on Memorial Day, I helped pick up hay with my brother, now I have blisters #FWP

6. When is/was  your wedding?
    December 27, 2014.

• I'll play!

Duh. I'll drink anything but my favorite is Riesling.

He tells me "I love you" everyday and always tells me how much he appreciates what I do for our family, even if it's a mundane task like doing the dishes (which he does half the time).

He likes to start laundry and then not finish it (i.e. leave the clean clothes for me to fold and put away).

Probably lingua (beef tongue).

Errands and dinner with the in laws. And we got our flag put up on the front of our house!

6. When is your wedding?
    It was 10-25-14. Best day ever.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• redoryxredoryx member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Yup! Pretty much anything white, I can't really do red.

He always makes me laugh.

His time management is not the best. He'll tell me he'll pick me up at X time and then get held up with something at home and not tell me until it's already past X that he's leaving the house. 

Goat. It was the meat of a taco at a local restaurant.

I didn't really do anything specific yesterday, but on Sunday we went for a walk in a local park.

6. When is your wedding?
    Not yet engaged (don't kick me off TK please lol)
  • I'm bored with TOS discussions and I'm in desperate need of diversion to keep my nerves under control because my wedding is 4 days away. So, this is for any old-school folks who are still around, or for newbies please feel free to introduce yourselves!

Love wine! Right about now I want a nice dry rose or a minerally sauv blanc.

He is always up for an adventure, and his enthusiasm is contagious!

Homeboy is allergic to plans. If I want one, I have to make one.

Probably a century egg? I don't know, I'm pretty adventurous so I bet I've eaten some weird shit that didn't even register for me.

Went to a lovely cabin in the Catskills with friends and lounged around, hiked, and ate like royalty. 

6. When is your wedding?
    August 8, 2015

I never get sick of these!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015

Merlot, Malbec or any red blend.

He is very kind and funny.

He doesn't like my tv shows so he will not watch them with me.

Tripe

Slept in and went for a picnic with some friends. Played cornhole for the first time.

6. When is your wedding?
    Still working on it.

Yup! Either a Riesling or Pinot Grigio.

He kisses me good-bye every morning.

He snores.

Um, an eggplant.  I don't eat weird things.

Did some gardening, went for a run, took our pup to the stream and relaxed a lot in the sun.

6. When is your wedding?
    It was July 16, 2011.  Yes, I am an old married hag and proud of it!

• loveislouderloveislouder member
    edited May 2015
    Nope. I like rum.

I almost always need to be out of the house before him, so when I alarm goes off he generally grabs me for cuddles so I won't leave. It's adorable. Also, he pretends to hate cats but he totally picks them up and baby talks to them.

He lets himself get taken advantage of way too often. Too nice for his own good. 

I don't eat weird things. I'm too chicken. Speaking of chicken, I like chicken fingers.

I'm Canadian so we didn't have Memorial Day weekend this weekend. Last weekend, our May Long Weekend, I went to the cabin.

6. When is your wedding?
    It was April 25th, 2015  OMG GUYS!! I FORGOT TO WISH H A HAPPY MONTHIVERSARY YESTERDAY!! Will he ever forgive me?!
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Chardonnay, and Pinot Grigio are my favorites. But I just went to Napa and am likely reds more and more.

He is the BEST dad to our son. And he wont leave for work with having me pay "the kiss toll"

He snores. And he is always hot when I am cold. There is a constant AC battle in our house.

Snake soup in Thailand. I am not an adventurous eater

We got rained out at the Zoo. Had a BBQ and ran a ton of errands.

6. When is your wedding?
    May 19, 2012.

@maggie0829 where have you been?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @KatWAG - Just needed to take a break form the boards for a bit.  Apparently I missed out on all the craziness (which is fine with me)!

• TrixieJessTrixieJess member
    edited May 2015
    Fun! A Questionnaire:

I will drink most wine, except chardonnay(migraines). My favourite is Shiraz/Cab

He's Nerdy and punny. I groan when he says something, but it's funny.

My Kitchen looks like a disaster after he cooks

No idea, I'll pretty much eat anything and I have. Chocolate covered crickets?

Canadian - We had our 2-4 weekend the week before. I gardened and took my son out.

6. When is your wedding?
    August 21, 2016

No. I do not drink alcohol but when I did, I never liked the taste of wine.

How much he appreciates me. He always says thank you for dinner or when I do the dishes or laundry, he tells me who lucky and grateful he is and that makes me feel super special.

When he gets disinterested in a story. I'll be telling him about my friend's new house or something and he will just cut me off and be like "I really don't care about her house". Um ok just be polite and knod your head then geez.

Whoa OP your blood story was pretty badass. Um, I had guinea pig in Peru, shark, cactus, some weird shit in Japan.

A grad party, 2 cookouts, and a bonfire! so many hamburgers!

6. When is your wedding?
    OP so close!!! eeeek! Mine was Sept 13, 2014.

Yes. I'm a basic bitch and love me a good Moscato

Whenever he goes away for a few days, he misses me within like, 24 hours. 

Right now I'm still bitter because after 3 months of failed Clomid cycles, I finally ovulated, but he wouldn't have sex with me during my fertile window. At all. He "got distracted" or was "too busy" or I "should have waited up for him longer than 1 am". Eff you, H. So now I'm on my period and super pissed at him all over again. 

Accidentally? Oven cleaner
    On Purpose? Cow brains (wth random font change?)

Tried to go to a Renaissance Faire, ended up spending most of the time sitting in the flooded parking lot trying to get home. 

6. When is your wedding?
    We got married September 15, 2012
    Any day, any time! I like to explore and try a new wine each purchase. However my go to favorites are a Gewurztraminer. And anything with a peachy taste to it.

He is always home before me from work and I get home at the same time (practically to the minute) everyday. I walk up to the front door and reach to grab the handle and he is always waiting behind the door and whips it open just as i touch the knob. It's so silly, but it makes my heart hurt with love knowing that he stops whatever he is doing just to greet me at the door after work.

He snores. Especially during allergy season. And he is allergic to life so every season is allergy season. hahahha.

umm.. Up until last year I was a super unadventurous eater. I have ate crocodile though. It was actually delicious

I'm Canadian so our long weekend was last weekend. FI was on call so we couldn't go camping or drink or anything but we did spend most of it outside, planting our herb baskets and a tomato and going on walks

6. When is your wedding?
    September 12, 2015!!! 3.5 months to go:)
     I do but sometimes it makes me very sick so I don't drink it often enough to have a favorite.

He's always supportive of my goals, always encouraging me and reassuring me that eventually I'll get where I want to be.  

I wish he were a bit more impulsive, the man takes forever to make decisions about things.

I don't think I've ever eaten anything weird. I'm kind of a picky eater, I like to try new things but I'm not super adventurous.

I binge watched Gossip Girl. It was crappy weather and I didn't feel great so I was really lazy yesterday.

6. When is your wedding?
    We aren't engaged yet so no wedding date.

• @katieinbkln Did you eat the entire century egg? That is the only item that I've seen Andrew Zimmern barf up.

• jenna8984 said:
    @katieinbkln Did you eat the entire century egg? That is the only item that I've seen Andrew Zimmern barf up.
    I uh...I ate 2.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
    Of course I like wine! But I can't have any for another several months. :( Pinot noir is generally my go-to red. Cab sauv is a close second. Sauv blanc is my go-to white, or pinot grigio. Whatever, just give me all the wine.

He's unconditionally positive and does not talk junk about anyone ever. When we first met, I thought he was full of shit because - who is really like that? But he's for real. It's really refreshing.

1/2 done projects...

Bull testicles. When in Madrid....

Planted the shade garden I've been talking about, lots of little nursery projects, took a nap every day, helped a friend with her garage sale, went to our neighbor's BBQ.

6. When is your wedding?
    I'm an OMH!
    *********************************************************************************

• doeydodoeydo member
    No, I don't like wine.

She is incredibly kind and thoughtful.

IDK, she can be stubborn, I guess. 

I can't think of anything.  

Not a long weekend for us here in Canada, but I got back into playing Skyrim.

6. When is your wedding?
    I'm not engaged, so, not for a while.
  • Thanks redheadbride we need this! And I always love these threads.

yuuup. Pinot Grigio in the early evening and red wine (not picky) later on. I'm also a true believer in white meat = white wine and red meat = red wine regarding going out to eat.

He always makes sure I have fresh flowers in the vase on the kitchen table.

Needs the TV to be on while falling asleep!

bison burger when I went to Yellowstone. I saw the bisons all day long and thought they were so cute, so I felt pretty bad and weird eating their meat later on. But the burger was really, really awesome. (PS -- OP your story is crazy!)

Housewarming BBQ for some friends where they also announced they're expecting their first baby, yay! Beach all day Sunday and grad party on Monday. Excellent long weekend with a lot of friends, sun, and drinks.

6. When is your wedding?
    October 31, 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• jenna8984 said:
    @katieinbkln Did you eat the entire century egg? That is the only item that I've seen Andrew Zimmern barf up.
    I uh...I ate 2.
    Wow, here I was thinking goat's blood was freakishly strange. But I had to google century eggs and now I don't think I have any appetite left for the rest of the day. So thank you, for helping me fit into my wedding dress!
  • jenna8984 said:
    I uh...I ate 2.
    Wow, here I was thinking goat's blood was freakishly strange. But I had to google century eggs and now I don't think I have any appetite left for the rest of the day. So thank you, for helping me fit into my wedding dress!
    Yeah, I totally want to eat something smelling of sulphur and ammonia. Or not. 

Actually, if I could amend my post, I also ate durian fruit. Another bizarre food that Andrew Zimmern is not a fan of. Smells like gasoline. I had it in a bubble tea. The waiter took our order and said, "....You're sure?" 

• jenna8984 said:
    I uh...I ate 2.
    Yeah, I totally want to eat something smelling of sulphur and ammonia. Or not. 

Actually, if I could amend my post, I also ate durian fruit. Another bizarre food that Andrew Zimmern is not a fan of. Smells like gasoline. I had it in a bubble tea. The waiter took our order and said, "....You're sure?" 
    Wikipedia: "Through the process, the yolk becomes a dark green to grey color, with a creamy consistency and an odor of sulphur and ammonia, while the white becomes a dark brown, translucent jelly with salty or little flavor."

Yum, yum, yum! Lunchtime!
    Yes, all the wine. I will pretty much drink anything, however, sauv blanc and and cab sauv are my go-tos. And I never turn down an opportunity to drink champagne.

He's one of the most genuine people I've ever met. 

H likes to talk a big talk about all the projects he wants to do around our house but then never actually gets up and does them/finish them. My bathroom has been half-completed for a year now...

I'm a somewhat picky eater and not very adventurous with my food so nothing out of the ordinary.

I took H to a fancy hotel for the weekend - his birthday was yesterday so that was his gift. We also got dinner with his parents last night and bought a new mattress on Saturday. 

6. When is your wedding?
    OMH here - my wedding was 9/27/14.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards