Chit Chat

... and now for something completely different!

13»

Re: ... and now for something completely different!

• 1. Do you like wine? If yes, then what is your favorite?
    Yes! I prefer white wine because red tends to give me a headache. 

2. Name something you love about your fiancee/significant other/husband/wife.
    He is amazing with kids. Seeing him with my nieces melts my heart.

3. Name something that bugs you about your fiancee/significant other/husband/wife.
    He's a little negative. I will say I lean towards ridiculously optimistic so sometimes he has to pull me back towards reality. ;) haha

4. What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
    I think snails or octopus. 

5. What did you do for Memorial Day weekend?
    Attempted to clean up my classroom so I can be ready for next week, dinner with my family, and the next day dinner with FI's family.

6. When is your wedding?
    October 1st, 2016
    Of course, buying it pays my bills! Right now I'm liking red blends, malbecs, & gruner veltliners.

He's always accepted and adored me for exactly who I am, horrible puns and all.

3. Name something that bugs you about your fiancee/significant other/husband/wife.
    He can be a little too indecisive at times.

Octopus sushi. It is that weird, but meh.

Saw Steven Wilson in concert on saturday, did Maryland things on Sunday, and sat in the car driving home yesterday.

6. When is your wedding?
    Tentatively April 16,2016
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @CMGragin - your grandson is absolutely adorable!

• kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    1. Do you like wine? If yes, then what is your favorite?
    Reisling, and I make an awesome raspberry/peach sangria with  Reisling that is to die for

He is the most honest man. If you are selling  your car for 2000.00 and he wants to buy it but feels it is worth more, he will tll you that  your price is too low and try to pay you what he feels it is worth.  His parents reared a really really really good man.

He will help anybody with anything - to a crazy crazy fault.  And....he really isn't much of a cook.

I don't eat wierd anything.  Well, there was a PB&J with Doritos in it that was pretty good.

Saturday and Sunday got to see my Indiana DD and we  had dinner at my oldest DD's on Sunday.  Monday, shamefull I attended no memorials or parades and I am disappointed in myself for that one.

6. When is your wedding?
    October 26, 1996
  • kmmssg said:
    Reisling, and I make an awesome raspberry/peach sangria with  Reisling that is to die for

Recipe please! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Love it! My favorite is between a sweet red or white zinfandel

I love that he'll do something sweet for me randomly, like start the coffee pot if I look extra tired or he'll randomly bring me breakfast in bed. I seriously feel like I won the man-lottery with him, he makes me feel loved every day.

He cannot shut up when he's intoxicated, to the point where our friends will nag him because it gets that bad.

Until I realized how delicious it was, eggs and avocado mixed together. Now I have it almost every morning, with rooster sauce.

My grandfather passed away last friday unexpectedly so I spent the weekend doing my schoolwork (final semester for my bachelor's), since I'll have to go help my mom clean out their house this weekend. It seriously crippled me a little bit to have to take his invitation out of the pile and I am really thankful I've been able to keep myself busy; it helps to not get too sad, he wouldn't want that.

6. When is your wedding?
    September 12, 2015

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @sheknows6 - I'm sorry about your grandfather.

• @sheknows6 Very sorry for your loss

• Thanks ladies 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• kmmssg said:

Recipe please! :)

Boom!  http://www.food.com/recipe/peach-raspberry-sangria-258580

I recommend soaking your vanilla bean in some wine or schnapps before  you cut it.  When the bean is wet, the good stuff just kind of oozes out and mixes better.  When I use a dry vanilla bean, it looks like flecks of dirt are floating in my sangria.

I like whites. My favorites are sancerres, vouvrays, etc. I'm not that picky. And if it's a mediocre white, I'll just toss in a homemade (boozy) maraschino cherry or two.

There are tons of things I love but at the moment there's one that I particularly appreciate: he can fix anything. He can fix anything on a car or computer and can figure out solutions to most issues around the house. In the last day he's resurrected our central air, fixed a leaking hose on my car, and built a fancy security network in my parent's house. He's amazing.

He can fix anything but will put it off indefinitely. He can find any reason to procrastinate.

I think I've tried lots of weird animal (snails, octopus, brains, etc.) but DH thinks I'm a picky eater. I'm thinking durian-- the nastiest fruit imaginable, tasting like a dirty sweat sock. *shudder*

Saturday was  the start of DH's new tattoo. Sunday and Monday consisted of my trying to sleep around fits of coughing and a runny nose. I hate allergy season. Oh- and a family barbecue.

6. When is your wedding?
    We were married October 11, 2014.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    I like whites. My favorites are sancerres, vouvrays, etc. I'm not that picky. And if it's a mediocre white, I'll just toss in a homemade (boozy) maraschino cherry or two.

There are tons of things I love but at the moment there's one that I particularly appreciate: he can fix anything. He can fix anything on a car or computer and can figure out solutions to most issues around the house. In the last day he's resurrected our central air, fixed a leaking hose on my car, and built a fancy security network in my parent's house. He's amazing.

He can fix anything but will put it off indefinitely. He can find any reason to procrastinate.

I think I've tried lots of weird animal (snails, octopus, brains, etc.) but DH thinks I'm a picky eater. I'm thinking durian-- the nastiest fruit imaginable, tasting like a dirty sweat sock. *shudder*

Saturday was  the start of DH's new tattoo. Sunday and Monday consisted of my trying to sleep around fits of coughing and a runny nose. I hate allergy season. Oh- and a family barbecue.

6. When is your wedding?

OMG yes yes yes to the bold.  My wonderful husband who will do anything for anyone does that to an extreme fault and our crap doesn't get fixed until it comes to a critical point.  I haven't called a repairman for anything in over 20 years but it takes for freaking ever to get our stuff fixed.  Computers, cars, appliances, I don't care what it is.  He CAN fix it, it is just getting it DONE.
    Absolutely, though I drink beer more often because wine can put me to sleep.  Sauvignon Blanc is my favorite right now. @loveislouder  Since you mentioned rum, do you like Dark 'n Stormys?

He's a very warm person and down to earth; the opposite of a snob.  Totally has my back when my family's being difficult.

Very picky eater.

I tried a pig foot.  I was with locals at a restaurant in France that was famous for pigs' hoofs and was trying to be totally cool, like I'll eat anything. Then I bit into it and noticed all the little pigs on the curtains, the tablecloth, the doorknobs. And a baby was screaming in the other room; it sounded like a squealing pig.  I just couldn't continue.

Worked on our house we've been fixing up since February (hopefully livable by Sept 1st).  Reinforced beams, laid hardwood floor.  Took one day off to go to H's parents' camp in Maine by the lake.

6. When is your wedding?
    We were married in January 2015.
  • @vikinganna87 I had to google what that was haha. I've never had one but it sounds delicious!
  • @loveislouder  It's really simple and delicious! 
  • Thank you so much redheadedbride! I love these. 

Yaaassssss. I love Cabernet, but I've been digging some Yellowtail Sweet Red Roo lately. 

He never fails to support me and encourage me to chase big scary dreams. 

He gets absorbed in video games... which I feel like is a very 21st century dude problem. 

While not as badass as the goat story, I've eaten rattlesnake. It's delicious. 

Pool party!

6. When is your wedding?
    June 11, 2016

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Nope, I'm a beer woman.

He puts up with me ;) He is very kind and funny. We have the same sense of humor and similar tastes in things.

He can be hard to read at times. Like I'm not sure if he is having fun or not, even though I know him well enough to know he actually is having a good time. And that he would say something if he wasn't.

I had a kangaroo burger when I was in Sydney last December.

Brought food over to my mom's house and grilled.

6. When is your wedding?
    NEY
    YES. All of the kinds except sweet wine. My favorite is malbec and pinot noir though. 

He always manages to make me laugh even when I really don't feel like it, and he treats my cats like the princesses they are even when the throw up in his shoes or something.

He is VERY indecisive. He wants to look at every option before making a decision. Not a lot of options but ALL the options. 

I'm not really adventurous when it comes to food. Frog legs are the weirdest thing I've eaten and I didn't like it. 

It was my bachelorette party in Savannah/Tybee!

6. When is your wedding?
    July 11, 2015
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I prefer whiskey or vodka. I'll drink a moscato though.

She's got a nice rack and one hell of a good ass.

Sometimes she gets trapped under beds.

Um...nothing too weird. I mean aside from pussy. But here's hoping y'all got someone in your life who is down with that!

Booze, pool, and pedis.

6. When is your wedding?
    November 1, 2014
    Yes! I like all kinds of wine, but I have a sweet tooth so my favorites are always moscatos and ice wines and ports as long as they aren't the too-sweet artificial stuff.

He's my biggest fan. He isn't in the band where we met anymore, but he still comes to all my concerts. He isn't a writer, but he comes and helps me set up chairs for NaNoWriMo events. He talks me up to his friends and family constantly.

Gross boy things, mostly involving sinks. Like he'll trim his beard and not clean all the gross stubble bits out of the bathroom sink. Or he'll wash the dishes (<3) but then leave the sponge sopping wet in the bottom of the sink so it can grow its very own pet colony of bacteria.

Sea urchin, sweetbreads, bear sausage, elk jerky? Bacon maple donut beer? While pregnant, I dipped bagels in pudding and put raisins in quesadillas. I routinely put potato chips in sandwiches for texture. Weird is subjective, but OP's goat blood kinda takes the cake.

Friday, fiance surprised me with tickets to a local production of Les Mis. It had been sold out for a few weeks, so I just assumed I'd miss it, but no, he not only planned ahead, he sat through the whole thing despite having zero interest in the show and no knowledge of the story. We went to fiance's grandparents' anniversary party on Saturday and a family barbecue on Sunday. On Monday, I played in a patriotic concert.

6. When is your wedding?
    May 7, 2016
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Yes! I like all kinds of wine, but I have a sweet tooth so my favorites are always moscatos and ice wines and ports as long as they aren't the too-sweet artificial stuff.

He's my biggest fan. He isn't in the band where we met anymore, but he still comes to all my concerts. He isn't a writer, but he comes and helps me set up chairs for NaNoWriMo events. He talks me up to his friends and family constantly.

Gross boy things, mostly involving sinks. Like he'll trim his beard and not clean all the gross stubble bits out of the bathroom sink. Or he'll wash the dishes (<3) but then leave the sponge sopping wet in the bottom of the sink so it can grow its very own pet colony of bacteria.

Sea urchin, sweetbreads, bear sausage, elk jerky? Bacon maple donut beer? While pregnant, I dipped bagels in pudding and put raisins in quesadillas. I routinely put potato chips in sandwiches for texture. Weird is subjective, but OP's goat blood kinda takes the cake.

Friday, fiance surprised me with tickets to a local production of Les Mis. It had been sold out for a few weeks, so I just assumed I'd miss it, but no, he not only planned ahead, he sat through the whole thing despite having zero interest in the show and no knowledge of the story. We went to fiance's grandparents' anniversary party on Saturday and a family barbecue on Sunday. On Monday, I played in a patriotic concert.

6. When is your wedding?
    May 7, 2016
    Please elaborate on bacon maple donut beer. 'Cause this pretty much combines my 4 favorite foods EVAH!

6. When is your wedding?
    Mmm... Sancerre and Vouvray. I think I may need to kick my recent Italian white wine fetish and go back to France. Yummy yummy.
  • Rogue Brewery's Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale

Fiance didn't like it because it is sweet. I liked it because it is sweet and bitter at the same time. It's best consumed with the matching maple bar from Voodoo, but other desserts are also acceptable. I probably wouldn't pair it with anything savory.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Eh, not overly.  I like pink moscato pretty well.  Other than that, sweet stuff.  I know, I'm a bad wine drinker.  I'm not much of a drinker to begin with, we only drink socially a couple times a month, so I don't like anything strong or bitter or anything.  I like margaritas pretty well.  I'd take that over wine any day.

He is funny and romantic and always kisses me goodbye.

He can barely be on time for anything and will not get out of bed in a timely fashion.  Right now, it is an absolutely gorgeous day outside, he doesn't have to work until later, and I have been unsuccessful in my multiple attempts to drag him out of bed to go do something outside.

Probably guinea pig when I was in Ecuador. 

Went for a hike yesterday. Other than that, not too much.  Because of my schedule, today is part of my weekend, so (see above) I'm trying to drag H out of bed to go hiking or something before he has to go to work.

6. When is your wedding?
    December 2012.

AKA CUY- I'm half Ecuadorean and I'm not brave enough to try it. Was it good?

I liked it pretty well.  There was a lot of spices, so the meat taste didn't come across super strong. 

My sister had it a couple years prior in Peru.  When she had it, it was cut into pieces and fried, and she said it tasted like chicken.

When I had it in Ecuador, it came out looking like an entire skinned guinea pig!  Legs, eyes, everything!  I actually ate an eye, just to say I did.  It was kind of salty and just slipped down.
  • edited May 2015
    Rogue Brewery's Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale

Fiance didn't like it because it is sweet. I liked it because it is sweet and bitter at the same time. It's best consumed with the matching maple bar from Voodoo, but other desserts are also acceptable. I probably wouldn't pair it with anything savory.

I agree!  its a delicious treat even on its own and the best Voodoo/Rogue beer to come out so far!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Rogue Brewery's Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale

Must try... STAT!

Rogue brewery comes out with some interesting stuff. This one is new to me.
  • Ooh! I love survey's lol
    btw OP, so soon! :D

Sometimes. Usually something light, like a sparkling or rose

couple things; he knows how to calm me down when i'm spinning out of anxiety control and the way he holds my hand and runs his thumb against my knuckles. idk why I love that

biggest one, his weight {it's more of a concern that he doesn't seem to care about as much as he should}

black meat {blood pudding} or escargot

5. What did you do for Memorial Victoria Day weekend?
    Hair trial, wedding stuff and brunch at my aunt's place

6. When is your wedding?
    August 1st, 2015
    Yes, all the wine. I will pretty much drink anything, however, sauv blanc and and cab sauv are my go-tos. And I never turn down an opportunity to drink champagne.

He's one of the most genuine people I've ever met. 

H likes to talk a big talk about all the projects he wants to do around our house but then never actually gets up and does them/finish them. My bathroom has been half-completed for a year now...

I'm a somewhat picky eater and not very adventurous with my food so nothing out of the ordinary.

I took H to a fancy hotel for the weekend - his birthday was yesterday so that was his gift. We also got dinner with his parents last night and bought a new mattress on Saturday. 

6. When is your wedding?
    OMH here - my wedding was 9/27/14.
    the bolded part would drive me nuts! i commend you being able to cope with it for so long!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards