Not Engaged Yet

Whatever Wednesday

13»

Re: Whatever Wednesday

• @phira it sounds like you made the right decision for you.  And if you ever change your mind, those credits will still be around. Hopefully you can now make time for yourself and get back on track.  
  • Oh @phira sorry you are going through this- if this is the best decision for you then that's all that matters. If it's affecting your health and well being that much then it's best to not keep putting yourself through that. (hugs)

• @eilis1228 - I LOVE ERIN CONDREN.  What planner did you get?? I want the new rose gold one for next year.  <3
  • untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @eilis1228 and @CocoBellaF OMG I LOVE ERIN CONDREN TOO! I bought their new horizontal planner the moment it was released, it is so much easier for me than the vertical one and I am obsessed! I love it, its the only planner I've bought that I actually use... probably because it is so expensive lol
  • @phira You are doing the right thing. Your health should come first and it sounds like you will be much better off without that weight on your shoulders, especially if research is not what you want to do. I went through something similar with accounting- all my colleagues at the firm were getting their MBA and CPA an trying to work up the ranks of the firm. And I played along for 1 semester before realizing it wasn't the type of accounting I wanted at all. I ditched out and now work for a private company doing completely different type of accounting and I honestly love it. I could be making double to go back to public sector audit but I would never in a million years do it because I was miserable at it.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @phira I'm sorry you're having to make such a tough decision, but your health and well-being definitely need to come first here! Good luck with the job search and know that we're always here for support! How are things with J? How does he feel about it?

• @phira - Big hugs.

• @Phira Big hugs lady!
    friends tv show funy
  • @phira *hugs* I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch, but it sounds like you made the right decision. 

@CocoBellaF and @untouchablets I got the horizontal planner with this cover:
    I put my soon-to-be last name on it since I got the 16-month calendar, and I'll only have my maiden name for 3.5 months! Do you guys have any stickers/washi tape/accessories recommendations? I need to spend more money like I need another hole in my head, but I love how cute the decorated ones look.

@speakeasy14 I joined a wine club recently because I miss being a wino. :-P The website suggested having it shipped to my office since someone over the age of 21 has to sign for it, but of course it's being delivered to the office on the one day per week I'm usually at home. *sigh* I'm glad the Invisalign soreness is no where near as bad as braces! Hopefully you only have a day or so more of discomfort! 

@knockonwood5127 I think my contract was 4-5 pages long. There wasn't much legalese... it mainly just told us what we were responsible for, what specifically was included, conditions for cancellation/rescheduling/refund, payment schedule, etc. Everything was very straightforward, so don't worry too much about a complicated contract. :) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @phira Sending lots of hugs. I'm sorry you're going through all of this.
  • @eilis12228 At least you get presents at work now, even if it happens to fall on your WFH days. I wish I could join a wine club. 
  • @swazzle - biggest of big hugs to you, friend. Wish I could snuggle your face off. 

@phira - good for you! Making a decision like that is super hard, but you're going to be stronger for it.

@eilis1228 - your planner looks adorable! I have some fb friends that are into the whole EC thing and I don't quiet understand the hubbub. Maybe you, @cocobellaf and @untouchablets could help explain why it's a big deal.

@everyone re Prime Day - H and I are looking for a new TV, and we just got on the waiting list for a $75 32 inch. We'll see what happens. Other than that, yea, it's a bust. 

---------------------

Y'all are so damn chatty lately!

It's been a long ass week and it's only Wednesday. 

Our last trip of the summer is next week. I'm looking forward to it since I'll be going back to my old church and seeing some familiar faces, but these kids are also going to be fun to hang out with. I'm no where near ready, though. 

Hanging out with @eilis1228 last night really jumpstarted me out of my creative funk. I've got several quilts I need to start working on and the creative outlet will help settle my brain. She and her FI also got me thinking about how to best use my week off between Christmas and New Years. I'm 85% certain I'm going to go to the Winter Classic in Boston and see the Bruins play. Is anyone else on here a hockey fan?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @phira big hugs! 

@swazzle ouch on the dentist/root canal thing. But happy early birthday! 

365 DAYS OMFG! That is all. 

FI heard back from the recruiter at Google yesterday. No interview offer yet, but she said that she was still waiting to hear back from the different teams and would be following up with them again yesterday/today. I'm taking that as good news because it means he hasn't been rejected yet!

No updates on my job situation. My manager is in Taiwan (?!) this week, so yea. I found that out when one of my teammates canceled a meeting we had scheduled for today. It seems odd that he didn't let his entire team know he would be traveling but oh well.

I have been helping my newly engaged friend try to find a venue in the Adirondacks that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and I found some good options for her. I think I would really enjoy wedding/event planning. I did a quick search and found a few jobs for it in the Bay Area, so if FI gets an offer I might apply to try it out and see if I like it. I could study for the LSAT in the meantime as a Plan B. 

• @casey1219 that's awesome! It is a pretty big deal to be recognized like that. Congratulations :)

• @casey1219 I have no idea if they're worth the hype or not yet. I've seen YouTube videos about them and wondered why someone would pay so much money for a planner and then spend time decorating it too when Google calendar works just fine. I typically don't have a problem using Google Calendar, my Outlook calendar, and my memory to keep track of what's going on when. I impulsively got one because I thought it might be easier for me to keep all of my lists in one place, plus I always loved using planners as a student. And, you know, they're really pretty! I'll let you know if it's life changing. :) Also, congrats on being recognized! That's wonderful!

@audrewuh lol I don't know that I quite understand the hub bub either. It really was an impulse buy late last night when I couldn't sleep.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @phira. I did the same thing. It sucks and everyone treats you like a failure, but once you're teaching and have students that are amazing, it WILL get better. Will you still be staying in Boston? I don't know if you were from there originally or mostly for school (it's an awesome city though!) oh man so many hugs! As I'm sure you know there are just so many emotions happening right now!! Please contact me if you need a listening ear!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @blue I was like I HAVE TO TELL BLUE SHE WILL UNDERSTAND. I definitely have to stay in Boston, since our whole family is here, but it's a good place to be looking for teaching jobs! So far, everyone's been pretty supportive (especially faculty).

J is on board and really encouraged me to make the best decision for myself. He dropped out of a master's program well before we met, and he knows how shitty it feels. We sat down and went through finances together, and he told me that he'd rather have me be happy and (hopefully) temporarily unemployed than stay in the program and be so miserable. I've been pretty clear that if it comes down to a so-so job that's secure and pays well and a "perfect" position that's temporary/adjunct, I'll take the former, since we're going to be primarily relying on his savings while I'm unemployed.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @eilis1228 etsy is your friend when it comes to stickers and washi! There are soooo many cute options. And I agree with you, my first one was an impulse buy but I really operate better writing stuff down and it's been really good because people are constantly booking me to dogsit so writing it down keeps me organized.

@audrewuh if you look up plan with me videos on YouTube you'll see what the craze is all about. I don't go to those lengths to decorate but it's a pretty book with lots of note pages and places to write and you can customize them. They make a really boring thing like planning your week kinda fun lol
  • @jenjen047 That is gorgeous!!

@southernpeach89 glad to hear it was good because I most definitely bookmarked it to make next week!

• @phira strong decision! you do what's best for you. impressive credits already!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards