Wedding Etiquette Forum

Etiquette of Rehearsal Dinner HELL I MEAN HELP!

124»

Re: Etiquette of Rehearsal Dinner HELL I MEAN HELP!

• I think there is a lot of deep rooted resentment with your future in laws. I'm sorry that you felt pressured to say yes, but I think that you should at least indulge your future in laws and go to a family dinner. You don't have to ask your wedding party to be there. I also think that you need to let go of the the anger you have toward your future in laws and your father and step mom. Just because they aren't showing enthusiasm doesn't mean they don't care. It was difficult for me to realize this myself, but it's the best thing to do going forward.
  • OP, it's hard to have perspective now, but try to think about how you will feel after the wedding when you look back at all the fuss you went through (or were put through, however it's gone down) over this Friday night dinner. 

Your FMIL and FSIL will presumably be a part of your life for the next 30-50 years. It sounds to me like they're trying to make up for the fact that they can't be a part of the rehearsal and still want to spend time celebrating you & your FH before the wedding. That's a good thing - try to see it that way. It's not at a restaurant that's super convenient for you, and that's a bummer, but not a big deal when you think about 30-50 years of celebrations, dinners, holidays, special occasions. Especially since you mentioned your WP is only two adults and two kids. That's not asking a dozen or more people to make a special trip. Even if it were, you could nix inviting the WP and have it just be family.

Unless the FMIL and FSIL are truly emotionally manipulative or abusive (in which case you are free to draw a line and shut them down) try to assume positive intent rather than malice.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would reply with sage advice, but I can't because I'm too busy dying over a taste test being a once in a lifetime event. :joy: Are you fucking kidding me??? That is some funny shit right there!!! Good one...bye Felicia.
    This. LOL!

We didn't even have a tasting.... :( Nooooo!! Life = incomplete. 
    *********************************************************************************

• edited September 2015
    scribe95 said:
    Did I miss where OP was called a psycho?
    If you did, then so did I.
    SP29 said:
    Yeah but she's saying "thanks but no thanks" to his mother being able to attend the rehearsal dinner at all so she can go to the spa. That's just so selfish, and childish, and wrong I can't even with it. I mean sure, totes "correct" I guess but don't come crying when his whole family thinks you're a psycho. 

Oh. . . well just consider the source, lol.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• scribe95 said:

SP29 said:

Yeah but she's saying "thanks but no thanks" to his mother being able to attend the rehearsal dinner at all so she can go to the spa. That's just so selfish, and childish, and wrong I can't even with it. I mean sure, totes "correct" I guess but don't come crying when his whole family thinks you're a psycho. 

Excuse me?
  • edited September 2015
    scribe95 said:
    SP29 said:

Excuse me?

STUCK ---------------------

Please tell me someone else watched RHOOC last night where Tamra and Brooks have this EXACT SAME exchange.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • scribe95 said:
    SP29 said:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards