Not Engaged Yet

We meet again, Monday.

How was your weekend? 

On Friday, H decided he didn't want to go to the Devils preseason game which was fine by me. It was cold and pouring. I got home, changed into comfy PJs and got straight on the couch. We had pizza for dinner and it was glorious! 

Saturday, I went to yoga in the morning, did my food shopping for the week, and baked pumpkin spice muffins (only 2 ingredients: spice cake mix and canned pumpkin!). Then, instead of cleaning or organizing, I had a lazy couch day. I couldn't help myself! H and I cooked a Home Chef meal for dinner and then had a scary movie marathon. We watched The Babadook (weird), Creep (ok), and New Nightmare (I've seen a billion times). 

Yesterday, I got up and made us both breakfast super early and then we headed to the city for the 5k for colon cancer. I ran it in 34:05 which I'm pretty proud of since it was the first time I've ever run further than 2 miles in my life. 

H was a beast and he finished in 11th place overall with a time of 25:41. I went to lunch with some friends (my BFF is an organizer, her dad passed away from colon cancer and yesterday was sadly the anniversary of that) then met back up with H and we headed home. I watched the Eagles suck yet again, cooked dinner, and relaxed. We were both ready for bed very early, I think it was before 9pm. 

Today I'm working until 3:30 then I have my Total Tone class at 5pm. I'm off tomorrow for a doctor's appointment right in the middle of the day. And tomorrow is 1 full month of working out which means I get to treat myself to new sneakers :)

Re: We meet again, Monday.

• edited October 2015
    Congrats on the 5K @swazzle! I think that's pretty good timing. I can barely run for more than 60 seconds so people that can run amaze me lol. Do you know what sneakers you're going to get?

Friday I headed out of work a little early and went home to sit in bed and read. It was FREEZING in my house because it was so chilly outside and the ACs are still in the windows so they were letting in cold air.  I had to turn the heat on :(
    I ended up making my four cheese pasta for dinner and it was so good.  

I finally finished reading The Gilded Hour Saturday morning- it was the book that just wouldn't end! Saturday afternoon I drove H to work since his car is at the dealer and then I went to my 3rd LHR appt. It HURT! Then I headed to the mall to try to find some fall clothes. I didn't leave with much which is good money wise but not good wardrobe wise. I ended up with a big comfy cardigan sweater from Nordstrom and 2 shirts from Target that I had cartwheel coupons for. 

Yesterday was a really lazy day and we laid in bed for awhile. I should have worked out to start the week off right but I didn't. We ordered food for lunch and then I went to the bedroom to read because I couldn't stand being near football any longer. I went food shopping last night and then we watched the Gambler before I went to bed. Pretty crappy movie, I don't recommend it.

Today I was going to get up early to do a workout and said eff that when my alarm went off. I will try to do it later when I get home before we go to dinner with H's parents. 

• I'm not sure what sneakers I'm going to get yet! I'm going to do some research today, I think. If anyone has any recommendations or tips, I'd love to hear! 

@CocoBellaF - You're going to have such a nice time away! 

@lavenderfields13 - I was ::thisclose:: to putting on my heat on Saturday. I was snuggled up under my favorite throw blanket while wearing sweatpants, socks, and a hoodie. Lucy joined me hahaha

• So it's been a week since I contacted the buyer's broker and have yet to hear anything back. I'm pretty irritated since we kind of, you know, want to know what's going on with our life. We need to buy oil for heat asap if we're staying and I just want to know what's going on. I want to email him again but don't want to come off rude but I think it's rude that they still have yet to reach out to us. 

• Oh!  Everyone please think warm and fuzzy thoughts for Baxter.  H took him to the vet this morning.  The rash and itchiness is spreading and we can't get him to stop licking, even with anti-itch and anti-licking stuff.  The vet will give him a steroid shot and maybe something else, so he should be feeling better soon.  I feel so awful for my little dude!
  • @swazzle Last year I waited until Nov 1st to turn it on because that's when it hit 60* in the apartment. It was 62* on Friday and I couldn't handle it, even under the blankets!

• Friday, I went to bed early because I had to work on Saturday.

Saturday, I woke up early to help set up tents at the park and mark a small field for sports day. The kids had an organized stretching (It is called Radio Taiso and is learned by a large chunk of the Japanese population), short running races, games, marching in a line around the park, and danced the hokey pokey. The PTA and teachers also participated in two games. I ran a three legged race, then had to blow up a balloon and pop it between my partner and myself before running back. The second race was a relay, where we had to run over to a pole, grab a wrapped donut with our mouths, and then run back. Then, Saturday night, I had my FI look through my hair because one of my kids left the event early when we discovered nits in her hair (I think I'm clean though! :-) )

Sunday, FI and I finally went and got a new (reused) stove top as well as two new chairs and a towel rack to hang off of the bathroom door. We also started to discuss the possibility of staying for another year in Japan. We have until January to decide, but we wanted to give our families a heads up if it is a possibility.

Today, I had the day off since I worked on Saturday. So, I am just prepping for class by making a list of Halloween projects we can do this month and working on my N-Z worksheets.

@Swazzle, congratulations on your race! You and your H did amazing!

@CocoBellaF Have fun in Albuquerque. I’m super jealous! I would love to see some photos of the balloon festival if you are comfortable sharing any!

• @cocbellaf I hope Baxter feels better asap! Poor thing :(

@swazzle I am definitely no sneaker expert but I had a pair of Nike free runs and Nike flyknits and love them both. I think I'm going to get another pair of free runs.

• @psychbabe314 - I will share photos when I come back!  I'll try to get some of the cabin in the mountains, too.

• @swazzle Yay congrats on the run time!

@cocobellaF Have fun going away, it sounds like fun. 

My weekend was pretty good. I was pretty down on Friday my friend texted me during the day to go out with her Friday night to see some friends in a show.  So I went with her. It turned out to be a good thing, because it was fun and my mood was so much better.  Even though I dread socializing nowadays, I really enjoy it when I do.  It was so cold on Friday night we had to turn on the heat. I need to turn it off I hope we don't need it again for awhile. 

Saturday morning I went to yoga. Saturday afternoon we did a pretty big deep clean of the house.  It was nice to get that done.  The rest of the weekend H & I were pretty lazy.  We played video games, watched football.  I have a dentist appointment today for a cleaning.  I always dread the dentist so much.  Hopefully no cavities.  I was hoping I would be in a good mood today but I just feel sad.  That is really annoying.

Anniversary

• It was actually really good! Saturday I met up with two really close girlfriend for lunch and we ended up chatting at the restaurant for 4 hours. Then in the evening, H just wanted to play his video game so I cleaned out my entire side of the garage. I'm determined to park in there before the first frost on my windshield. So I did that. Made a pile of "brother's house", "salvation army", "garbage", and then moved some of H's stuff to his side.

Sunday we went and dropped off all those items so my side is officially clear. (H has today off so he's tackling his side) Then we went to a store to inquire about a wood stove or pellet stove for the basement and we were blown away by the price. Like 3 times what we expected to spend. So unfortunately that won't be happening this winter. :(  But then my BFF called and said she's home (lives in Brooklyn) so that was an awesome surprise and she came over to see the new house. And we tried the brand new Popeye's which is the first in this area so it's had insane lines since the day it opened. It was still packed a month later but it was really delicious.

------------------------------------------------------

@swazzle wow your first 5k, great job! What type of shoes are you looking for? Just running, more cross training? For just running I recommend Brooks. My friend is a marathon maniac and she got me into Brooks. I used to be a devout Nike girl but they feel like crap to me now.

@cocobellaf I LOVED Sprouts when I lived in AZ. I'm so sad that we have nothing similar to them here where I live now. Also that Albuquerque trip sounds so awesome! Oh no, I hope Baxter gets better real soon.

@lavenderfields13 It was cold! Luckily this week is supposed to be back in the high 60's! That is BS with the not hearing about your apartment yet. I think it's standard that if you get oil and then move out, you have to be reimbursed for it. When we just bought our house we were charged $220 for the oil that was left in the tank.

• @swazzle congrats on run! what a great cause also :) Kudos to your H on times, wow!

This weekend was more lax than expected.

After work Friday, Matt picked me up and we got my mum's xmas gift. It's Keurig 2.0 with ability to use a caraffe also! {sweet! also .... not included} We're gonna get her a bunch of k-cups to go with it and the box had a deal to basically buy and get money back to a certain amount.
    We were gonna do groceries, but Matt had a headache so just headed home.

Saturday my friend B and her bf came over. They were headed to 2 weddings and she asked if I could do her makeup. They came over, chit-chatted about stuff and did makeup then they headed out.
    I tidied up, avoided homework and then Matt and I headed to a bday dinner for my friend A

Sunday was groceries and homework. All I did was the self assessment quiz in prep for today's quiz. I really suck at this course :(
    Next weekend is thanksgiving, so I have baking to do this week. Probably on Friday or Saturday
  • @jenjen047 the new bed is better. I've been playing around with the sleep number and I finally found one that makes me comfortable.  Have fun with your E pics today!!!

Anniversary

• Got the report from the vet!  Poor Baxy.  He got a shot and some antibiotics.  It's allergies gone wild.  He had a small infection in his wee from licking and irritating it.  He has to wear the cone of shame for 72 hours.  I tried putting it on him Saturday, but he just stood with his head to the ground shaking.  It's going to be a long 72 hours.
  • @twodimes I'm loving the bear sign and the cheesy message, so adorable.

@jenjen047 Yaaaay pics!!!! Have a blast today, I can't wait to see them! Are you going to the Common?

• @Peaseblossom55 - The highlight of my weekends has become my Saturday morning yoga class. I feel SO good for the rest of the day, I wish I could start everyday that way. 

@jenna8984 - I LOVE Popeye's. Their Mardi Gras mustard sauce is my fave. I guess cross-training. I don't run that often so it seems silly to get shoes specifically for that. They'll be for the classes I take at the gym, the elliptical, and running. 

@TwoDimes - That sign is adorable! Great job with all of your walking this weekend! Lucy would quit and refuse to walk any further if I tried to get her to do 4 miles with me.

@jenjen047 - YAY e-pics! Have a great time and I already can't wait to see! 

@speakeasy14 - That is SO scary! I hate reckless drivers anywhere but especially in parking lots! Glad you're ok. 

• @swazzle congrats on the run! When I ran track in high school my coach always told us to get Asics and I've never used another brand. They're super padded so your feet are protected and not as expensive as other brands. I have a pair of hot pink ones right now :)

@jenna8984 Your garage cleaning just reminded me that I have to get started on my driveway! Technically my driveway is for two cars but it only fits one right now (we have a grill and patio table thing on the rest) so my roomie and I have to clear out a car-sized section of it so that I can park during the winter instead of in the street. My town uses alternate side parking in the winter and is the LAST priority for the plows so snow just piles up on the sides so if I want to be able to park my car anywhere near my house that needs to be done lol

My weekend was okay... I spent all of Saturday in bed because I'm still sick and I also had tons of homework to do and also it was raining like crazy for most of the day. Then I went to dinner with BF's family which was a bizarre experience... who brings out SOME entrees with SOME appetizers? BF's mom and I waited for our dishes for like 20 minutes after everyone got their food. It was.... weird. But it was next door to a Bath and Body Works so I picked up some pumpkin scented candles while I was there :)
     Yesterday I worked and did some grocery shopping and then back to homework. I used up almost all my tutor hours on my finance homework and I didn't even finish it, but I turned it in anyway. I ran out of time and I was just staring at the problems like they were a foreign language. My final exam is next week so I'm gonna study REALLY HARD and hopefully get a decent grade on it. I'll be happy with that. My roommate started decorating our house for Halloween yesterday too, which she does every year and made me excited because my house feels EXTRA homey once October rolls around. I love it!

Today I still feel icky, but I have to round myself up and go to work later. I find out if my boss granted me the weekend of my Boston trip off. I already booked everything but I can cancel if not, I just really don't want to have to do that. BF is leaving for one of his big fencing tournaments on Thursday so tomorrow is the only day that I'll see him for the week and I really want a weekend to ourselves.

We haven't turned the heat on yet but I have like 12 blankets on my bed now so I believe its coming soon lol
  • @jenna8984 check Craigslist -- my sister and BIL got their pellet stove off Craigslist really cheap

@twodimes that sign is adorable! And yay for getting to feel the baby move!!

@jenjen047 Have fun at your shoot today! Can't wait to see how your pictures come out!
  • @untouchablets - I've been looking at Asics this morning! Thanks for the tip! 

• beachyone15beachyone15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2015
    This weekend was such a cluster. I left early Friday to check on our poor flooded home. We basically stayed at H's parent's house since they were out of town all weekend. Meanwhile back at our house, we had 15 fans and 3 dehumidifyers going. The good news is we caught the water early so we shouldn't have to worry about mold. But they just moved the fans out yesterday and we decided to keep the ac off to let the house continue to dry as much as possible (it was 99 degrees in there yesterday!) H and I are staying at a hotel until tomorrow. Then hopefully it will be safe to go back home. The next step is getting everything put back together (carpet padding, carpet, and baseboards). I'm so thankful for homeowners insurance. Even though we have to pay our deductible (which we DO NOT have the budget for) I'm so thankful that's all we have to pay.
    So in addition to all that, we had a bunch of errands to run, had to care for the IL's dog, and had to do yard work yesterday since brush pickup is this week. You guys, I'm exhausted.
    We did a few fun things though. We got some Halloween decorations and I convinced H to let me get a purple wig and wings so I can be a fairy (even though we are just handing out candy at our house). I also finished my wreath!!

We also bought some hiking shoes for our trip in 2 weeks. I think we need this anniversary trip now more than ever!!!

@swazzle - Good job on that 5K! And I don't know why but I LOVE getting new sneakers! We just bought some hiking shoes over the weekend and I was way excited for that.
    @CocoBellaF - A balloon festival sounds like so much fun! Enjoy your getaway!
    @lavenderfields13 - mmm four cheese pasta. That thread on Friday made me so hungry for it; sadly I didn't get to have any :(
    @Peaseblossom55 - I hope your day gets better. I agree, the dentist is no fun. You should treat yourself to a coffee or bubble bath or new pair of shoes!!
    @jenna8984 - I love Popeye's. What do you like to get there?
    @MissKittyDanger - What class are you taking?
    @TwoDimes - I love that cheesy wording! So cute!
    @jenjen047 - Can't wait to see your pics!
    @speakeasy14 - Oh my gosh! So glad you are ok!
    @untouchablets - I hope you feel better soon!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    @swazzle Thanks, me too. I'm also pretty sure this guy had illegally parked in a handicap spot. 

added --- @beachyone15 can't see the picture :(
  • @beachyone15 - UGH That sounds so awful! I hope it dries ASAP. I really want to dress up as Michael Myers for Halloween (we're also just giving out candy at home). 

There we go. Wreath!

• @speakeasy14 I think Sundays bring out the WORST parking lot drivers. Glad you're okay, I would have cursed the guy out. I was walking across a cross walk once and a driver started making a right turn into the cross walk while LOOKING THE OTHER WAY and almost hit me. Turns out it was a regular customer of mine and I had NO PROBLEM telling him what I thought of his little stunt.

There we go. Wreath!
    I can't see :(

• @jenna8984 Yeah I figured I could argue about the oil if we were to move, I would just hate to have to and wait around for our money. I'm going to email the broker today. I just get angry every time I think about it.

@TwoDimes I'm reading Everybody Rise. I think it's a new book as well. It's going to be a quick read but so far doesn't seem too interesting. 

@jenjen47 Do you have a recipe for the honey garlic chicken? Sounds good! It's such a beautiful day for pics, have fun!!

@speakeasy14 Omg I would have gone off on the driver, what an idiot! At this point there's no one else to reach out to- I asked my landlord's broker for info and he directed me to the buyer's broker- he's the one I haven't heard from in a week.

• Swazzle said:

There we go. Wreath!
    I can't see :(
    Grrr. Weird b/c I can see it on my end. I'll try again later :(

• @untouchablets I wanted to curse him out.  I also wanted to punch him, throw the shopping cart at him, and other hulk things.  It took all my strength not to hit him which is why all I was able to say was "I'm fine, it was just the cart."  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards