Not Engaged Yet

Thursday is not Friday

Re: Thursday is not Friday

• @misskittydanger @wink0erin Yea I don't know, I don't really talk to my bro that often because he's a flake so it would be pointless to talk to him about it. E's mom also had a new baby so I was worried he was going to get "pushed to the side" with both families but luckily his mother and stepdad are way better about it and include him in everything with that baby.

@minskat30 good, glad you'll get some time with her. I bet it'll sink in more (your pregnancy) and she'll get more excited when it's right there in front of her. I know you won't be showing yet but still, it's REAL and it's right there!

• @jenna8984 poor kiddo :( at least he's not ignored by both!
  • @lavenderfields13 I may just give up on it and binge watch it on netflicks some time..

@minskat30 Luckily my mom has been great during this time and so supportive.  I feel like first time ever though I've been able to have extended conversations and they go well and I enjoy them. 

@twodimes indy is adorable! 

Anniversary

• @eilis1228 - That popcorn sounds NOM!!!! I would be pissed about the tables too, but you're keeping a good attitude. I'm sorry about FMIL drama. It's good that FI is on your side though. Hopefully he can talk some sense into her, or maybe she's just acting crazy because it's so close to the wedding. Either way I hope it resolves for you quickly!! Also yeah, sick co-workers suck. I always stay home if I am sick, at least until the sneezing/nose blowing stops.
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    @eilis1228 - Yeah, NO to your FMIL and NO to your sick co-worker.  I hope the rest of today goes smoothly for you and tomorrow passes quickly so you can get out of the office and focus on the fact that YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED!  

• @jenjen047 I have no idea why FMIL is acting like this. She's not normally this overbearing. I think she's just really caught up in the wedding and her role in it. She has also purchased 10 dresses, and she keeps going back and forth on which one she wants to wear. At the shower on Sunday, she pulled all of the women into her bedroom so she could try everything on for us, even though she had been bombarding me with pics the week before. She refuses to take my response of, "Are you comfortable? Do you feel pretty? Because that's really all I care about with whatever you choose to wear. No, I promise I don't care what color you go with." at face value. It's driving me nuts. I told FI that she obviously can't think past herself this week and realize how much stress she's adding to our lives. I also told FI that if she continues to badger him about the wedding guest list, he needs to be blunt and tell her that those who pay get a say, and since she and FFIL contributed $0, we will not bend over backwards to accommodate their wishes when we are already over capacity. We would very begrudgingly do so had they paid for any part of the wedding, but they didn't, sooooooo

@minskat30 8 days!!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @eilis1228 I want all of that popcorn RIGHT NOW. That's super annoying about the tables at the venue. I mean... wtf... one table that only seats 4? That's just.... weird. Luckily people tend to get up during weddings after eating to mingle and wander, so it would be temporary discomfort. Honestly I wouldn't even say to FMIL "you didn't pay" because there's the off chance she could offer to pay for this one person. I'd leave it at "we are already over capacity, no, end of discussion" and flat out not respond if she asks again.

• @eilis1228 now I want popcorn.  Ahh you are so close to the wedding!!!!

Anniversary

• @eilis1228 popcorn is my fave, that is so cool!!! And for real, tables of 9? What if you only had couples? But aaaah you're so close yay!!

• @swazzle - I have no idea how some people fit so much into their days! I hope the rest of your week goes better!

@minskat30 - What a frustrating conversation to have with your mom! My mom is frequently like that I usually just rant to FI and then try to let it go. But since you are saying this is new behavior for her, I would try telling her how hurtful her comments are - sounds like there may be something going on with her that she isn't letting you know. 

@eilis1228 - I'm side-eyeing your FMIL right now! That sounds incredibly annoying! I'd be tempted to just start ignoring all of her calls/texts for a few days but that would probably just ultimately make the problem worse. Also, I can't believe your wedding is so close!! That's so exciting! 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not much exciting is going on in my life lately. Working two jobs takes up so much of my time and doesn't leave a lot of time for knotting which makes me sad because I miss you all! I try to at least lurk a bit though. Wedding planning is going pretty well, FI and I are going cake tasting on Saturday and I'm excited :) And next weekend we're going to go take some engagement pictures, we are just DIYing it but if FI's sister has work off she might come with us to take the pictures.

FI is applying to grad schools again. I really, really hope he gets in this time. Last year he was waitlisted at all the schools he applied to, but he didn't have a lot of research but now he has almost 2 full years of research experience and he took the GRE again to get a higher score we are hopeful. He's applying all over the country which means we could be packing up and moving right after the wedding! It will be stressful I'm sure but I think it will be a fun adventure as well, if we do end up moving. 

• @eilis1228 hopefully she stops pestering you. But yay you're getting married soon!!! Also, popcorn buffets are awesome.  We have a place here called popcorn Buddha.  I love their loaded baked potato popcorn. 
  • jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    @eilis1228 - UGHHHH the dresses thing sounds the worst!! Also reminds me of my mom. Literally any time I mention anything about my attire it goes like this:

Me: Oh, I ordered a pair of potential wedding shoes from DSW.
    Her: Oh well MYYYYY shoes are too tall and I'm worried they will be uncomfortable.
    Me: You're wearing a long dress, I'd be more concerned about the comfort than the looks.
    Her: But they're sooooo pretty!

or

Me: I'm so glad my dress is slightly big, I was worried it would be too tight
    Her: I had all my friends over and showed them my dress and they all LOVED it.

I feel like she is that jealous child that has to one-up you all the time. Sorry your FMIL is being annoying. And yeah, $0 mean 0 say in guest list. Sorrynotsorry.

ETA: You're also sooooo close!!!!! EEEK!!!

@cu97tiger - No worries ;)

@bethsmiles - Hi!!! Cake tasting is so fun, enjoy! We might have to go back to one bakery for a second tasting.....darn! ;) I can't wait to see your e-pics!
  • Hola! I'm definitely on the "Longest Week Ever" train. I feel like the next 2 weeks are either going to drag or fly by and I'm going to get NOTHING done.

@jenna8984 I'm sorry your SIL is doing that your your nephew. The same can be said for D's dad in regards to Bean. He constantly excludes him from family posts, birthday messages (that he does for a million extended family members that he's never met - but can't do one for Bean because he's not blood). And no matter how many times D and I mention how it can be hurtful, he still does it. He claims he just forgets, but DUDE?!? It's not like he hasn't know Bean since he was born. My heart breaks for Bean each time.

@ellis1228 SO SO SO CLOSE!! Ahhh! I'm guessing she's not going to let up between now and the wedding, so I will just send you vibes that you get through the next week with your sanity somewhat intact.

@swazzle I have a 10 minute commute and can't manage to get dinner on the table before 9pm. I feel like a bad mom feeding my kids so damn late.

All I have going on tonight is soccer practice with Bean. I gotta P&R but I love you guys!!! 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @beanbot2002 uuugh that is so sad! I'm sure it's 1,000 times harder to see happen to your son than your nephew, I'm sorry!

• @bethsmiles Have fun cake tasting! That was one of my favorite things :)
    Also, fingers crossed for your FI.

• @eilis1228 now I want popcorn.  Ahh you are so close to the wedding!!!!
    @jenna8984 and ladies above - I had popcorn (white cheddar) with lunch today. YUM.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @beanbot2002 I have a feeling you're right about her not letting up until after the wedding. FI told me this morning he's just going to stop telling me if/when she texts/calls. It's probably for the best because I seriously cannot with her anymore. Also, I love that I'm at 1 week and 1 day, and you're at 2 weeks and 2 days! That's kinda funny. I can't believe both of our weddings are right around the corner! I hope the next 2 weeks fly by for you!

@bethsmiles Cake tasting was probably my favorite part of wedding planning. It's so much fun and so delicious! Please let us know what flavors you go with! :) Please also AW your e-pics!

@jenjen047 Oh my god, I would throttle my mother if she were like that. *hugs* Feel free to tell us ALL about your wedding plans-- we will gush over everything with you. :) I definitely agree that your mom and my FMIL seem to be in the same "all about me" mindset, and it blows. I really hope your mom doesn't drive you nuts when you're 8 days out.

@speakeasy14 I mean, if you wanted to send me some of that Loaded Baked Potato popcorn as a wedding present, I wouldn't say no... ;-)

@jenna8984 Luckily we were able to make the three tables of 9 work from a seating chart perspective, but I'm very curious/worried to see how they look when they're staged. Should be a tight squeeze. Oh well, had we known that she had the random table of 4, we may not have been so lenient with RSVP requests, but it is what it is. This particular venue has been in operation for like 20 years now, so I'm assuming she knows what she's doing and can make it work. Well, not so much assuming as hoping...

@peaseblossom55 I was so tempted to sample one of everything at that popcorn shop! OMG it was so good!

@cu97tiger I imagine wedding zen will kick in next week sometime once work is finished and all of our to-do lists for this weekend are checked off. So ready for that wedding zen to kick in!

@wink0erin I agree that the random table of 4 is very strange. It's a smaller venue, so I guess that's just how it all fits, but it really would have been wonderful if she had told me about that random table when I asked. Oh well, what's done is done. I'm hoping you're right about the temporary discomfort. Dinner is a buffet, plus we'll have the bar and the photo booth, so I'm hoping that in general there is very little sitting and lots of mixing and mingling. Hopefully the food, booze, and party will make up for any discomfort with the tables! Also, re: FMIL, I think FI mentioned to me in passing that she had offered to pay for the plus one's meal, but I can't remember. I just can't get over her audacity though. It's ridiculous. She heard me venting at the shower about special snowflake RSVP requests after the deadline, and after FI's cousin immediately decided to change her no RSVP to a maybe RSVP (another wtf moment), FMIL complained non-stop about how rude that cousin was... and now she's behaving in that same exact way. Truly baffling. She also told us to purposely not commit ourselves to any social activities this weekend so we could either finish up wedding stuff or just have a quiet weekend to ourselves to relax before the chaos next week, and now here she goes badgering us to commit to a social activity this weekend. I don't get it.

• Now I really want popcorn. May be I can convince H tonight we need to bust out the popcorn maker and some fresh popcorn. 

I want the day to be done and over with already. this day is dragging. 

@bethsmiles Have fun cake tasting! It was one of my favorite parts of the planning.  I took a half an hour appointment and stretched it out two hours because I could not decide.  I'm sure they loved me that day.... it was so worth it the cake was amazing.

Anniversary

• I agreeeeeee this day is DRAGGING!!!  At least I will have time to AW my bach party.....stay tuned.

@eilis1228 - Fingers crossed!
  • Today has been the LONGEST, BUSIEST day at work I've had in such a long time.

So ready to crawl in bed with a fort of blankets and stuff my face.

& maybe cry a little..

Crazy Fur-Mom to 1.
    "She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten."

• Swazzle said:
    You guys. This day. IT JUST WON'T END. 

Someone help. 

Tell me about it!!!!!!! so the tech department just commandeered my computer for the last TWO hours trying to install the internet explorer update. I had to just sit here doing nothing and watch them go in circles as the easiest download in the universe kept telling them they were missing components. JFC I thought it was never going to end!.

Also I am known to polish off an entire family size bag of Smartfood in one sitting. Now I'm stopping to get some on the ride home, thanks. I actually bought a white cheddar shaker for my homemade popcorn but it's def not as good as the real deal.

• @eilis1228 send me your address image
  • jenna8984 said:
    Swazzle said:
    You guys. This day. IT JUST WON'T END. 

Someone help. 

Tell me about it!!!!!!! so the tech department just commandeered my computer for the last TWO hours trying to install the internet explorer update. I had to just sit here doing nothing and watch them go in circles as the easiest download in the universe kept telling them they were missing components. JFC I thought it was never going to end!.

Also I am known to polish off an entire family size bag of Smartfood in one sitting. Now I'm stopping to get some on the ride home, thanks. I actually bought a white cheddar shaker for my homemade popcorn but it's def not as good as the real deal.

What is happening with this day! I'm starving too .... I was gonna hit thrift store but fuck that now.
    @jenna8984 are we the same person? i need smartfood. also ... whyyyyy are you still using explorer! I feel sorry for you :(
  • @eilis1228 send me your address image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards