Not Engaged Yet

Friday Fun

Re: Friday Fun

• @jenna8984 you are going to think we are crazy but FI and I are actually trying to figure out how to move back to the East Coast. The weather here is awesome, but the fires, high cost of living, and dense population is not. We don't even have a hope of buying a house within the next 5 years out here, at least not one that we would want to live in. 

• @aurorarose41, I'm jealous! Have fun at the Chargers game!!
  • @AuroraRose41 I LOVED Ireland! I went to Dublin, Cork, Galway, and back to Dublin. I actually stayed in AirBNBs the whole time, and that was amazing especially since I was traveling alone, it was nice to have a host I could contact for questions or to chat a bit with. I actually didn't do a ton of research before my trip since I was so busy leading up to it (the trip was my reward to myself for finishing grad school). I used public transportation or walked the whole time and didn't really limit myself budgetwise with food/souvenirs/experiences, but I still didn't spend a lot of money because I just can't bring myself to do that. I drank all the beers. I miss them.

Dublin was my favorite, especially in the downtown area between Temple Bar and Trinity College. I definitely recommend the hop on hop off bus because it's a good way to see each site and just hop off for the ones you really want to see. I loved Galway too because it was so chill. I could type out a quickie itinerary of what I did if you want.

• @minskat30 Baby Minskat is beautiful!!! I'm so happy for you guys! <3

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @alpacina it's only 2:30 here, not night time yet.  Enjoy your early weekend :)
  • @minskat30 aww! What a great shot! Dumb question, but since you have longer cycles what does that mean for time line? I know they go by last period, beyond that I've got nothing
  • Yayyy Baby Minskat!!

• @minskat30 Yay!!!

• @minskat30 - OMGGGGGGGGGGG Look at your little nugget!!!!! So excited and happy for you! 

• @minskat30 aww! What a great shot! Dumb question, but since you have longer cycles what does that mean for time line? I know they go by last period, beyond that I've got nothing
    With longer cycles, some women ovulate later.  Because you don't get an ultrasound right away, the age of the baby and your "due date" is first measured by when your last period was and not when ovulation occurred.  So for two women with the same last period, with the woman who ovulates later, her baby is slightly younger than a woman who ovulated early.  When you get the ultrasound, the doctor can confirm a better due date based on the actual size of the baby (i.e., where the baby should be formation-wise from when you ovulated).  I have no clue if that makes sense but that's my best attempt explanation.     
  • @minskat30 did they give you a due date? yay for healthy baby news!!image

• @minskat30 yay! Baby Minskat is beautiful! :)

@wink0erin thank you for the tips! I was looking at airbnbs as well! Right now we plan to start on the west coast and then loop around to Dublin, but we haven't booked our flights yet and may end up flying into Dublin and driving to Cong directly from there. 

Also my Friday went downhill really fast. Yesterday security told me that people would be moving furniture out of my office, so I thought that they would be moving the extra desk and chair and I would truly have a private office. Today people started moving things INTO my office, and told me I am getting an officemate. BOOOOO. 

But I took a picture as promised (though I had to be quick and discreet, so the angle is bad and makes me look worse, and I didn't realize my shirt kind of folded into my jeans making my shirt look weird):

• @aurorarose41 Yea true, those reasons make it my "buy a beach condo if I win the lottery" location but I wouldn't want to actually live there on my salary. I watch house hunter shows and I want to die anytime they are anywhere in CA. And I don't live in a cheap COL area at all but holy fuck it doesn't compare to that.

@minskat30 aaaaaw yaaaaay!

• @jenna8984 yup! I would definitely say it is a much better vacation home spot then actually live here spot. Our friends/coworkers purchased a house last year a few miles from our work, in a suburban inland area but everything is very close together (like there is 3-4 feet between house walls). Their house is a 1150 square foot 3 bed 2 bath with a tiny yard, and they bought it for almost $500k. It's just insane. FI and I want a little more land than that, and don't want to be able to see or hear our neighbors. For what we want and a similarly sized house (which honestly I would like something slightly bigger than that as well), we are looking at $800k minimum. It's just insane. And we both have fairly high salaries too, so I don't know how others making less can afford a house here. 

• @aurorarose41 still a cute outfit!

I am so jealous that no one else has to wear suits all the time :(
  • @speakeasy14 aww thanks! My senior director doesn't even wear a suit, and another senior director wears board shorts and flip flops every day to work! We work at a major Fortune 500 company too! Honestly I could probably easily get away with showing my shoulders, but to me that just seems wrong in a work environment. I don't keep the sweater on in my office though, as you can see (and also I suck at taking selfies):

• @AuroraRose41 I was too scared to drive there, haha. It's crazy nerve-wracking even being in a taxi. The bus and train system was so great I didn't even need to worry about a car! But when I go back I might drive so I can get out and see some of the further off things I missed.

• minskat30 said:
    @minskat30 aww! What a great shot! Dumb question, but since you have longer cycles what does that mean for time line? I know they go by last period, beyond that I've got nothing
    With longer cycles, some women ovulate later.  Because you don't get an ultrasound right away, the age of the baby and your "due date" is first measured by when your last period was and not when ovulation occurred.  So for two women with the same last period, with the woman who ovulates later, her baby is slightly younger than a woman who ovulated early.  When you get the ultrasound, the doctor can confirm a better due date based on the actual size of the baby (i.e., where the baby should be formation-wise from when you ovulated).  I have no clue if that makes sense but that's my best attempt explanation.     
    Clearer than you think. Thanks! I'd heard about it before but never though to ask :)
  • @aurorarose41 still a cute outfit!

I am so jealous that no one else has to wear suits all the time :(
    I feel like your suit makes you look super professional though :) I had a job I HAD to wear a blazer or vest .... and that was actually really fun
  • @misskittydanger thanks it is a very professional environment and I work for an executive so at least I look the part. I'd prefer to be in cardigans over suits and blazers though. 
  • @speakeasy14
    Oooh!!! Honestly, If I were you I'd just be like 

• @minskat30 - I teared up at your post with the ultrasound pic.  CONGRATULATIONS (again)!
  • OCAlana985OCAlana985 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2015
    First off all your food talk sounds delicious! I am making mahi mahi with lemon butter sauce served with multigrain pilaf and baby squashes tonight. I might do some baking as well.

I had a long busy work week. I am a nanny but we did a lot this week and next week I'm hoping we go to the pumpkin patch!!!

This weekend I am happy I have nothing planned. Maybe I'll go shopping and bake and I will relax with my puppy a bit I know that! Cory works all weekend so I got to relax on my own haha

Oh and I am looking into starting a program to be a Doula so gathering info and hoping to start soon!

Questions:

Do you subscribe to any monthly boxes or things like that? If yes, tell me about them obviously. If no, why not?

No but I wish I did! I just don't know about spending the money monthly so I'm looking into it!

Do you like scary movies? If yes, what are they? If no, what's wrong with you?

I love the Taken series and a few others but usually in too chicken for scary movies.

What's the weather like where you are?

It's in 80s-90s so it's nice.

If you could have someone come and handle some kind of chore around the house for free, what would it be?

Cleaning the bathroom (I live with 3 guys it's gross!)

You have 2 weeks and unlimited funds. Where do you go/what do you do?

Some tropical place with my man!

What are you wearing today? I want pictures. I'm wearing turquoise jeans and a white and blue top with navy tank under it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards