Not Engaged Yet

Friday Firsts & Weekend Chat

Re: Friday Firsts & Weekend Chat

• @swazzle I know! I'm going to have to avoid most social media until we can watch it too.

Anniversary

• @buddysmom80 I'm sorry you're going through all that. Rude coworkers suck. I'd tell them off. Once I had this coworker who ALWAYS asked too many questions and was SO NOSEY all the time and he pissed me off so much that I just couldn't even be nice to him outwardly. One day I had poured myself a glass of apple juice and in my head I was like "he's gonna come over here and ask what I'm drinking" and GUESS WHAT he totally did but he was so cheery, like "HEY whatcha drinkin, apple juice?!" and I just yelled "NO ITS PEE!!!!!!!!" and for a moment I think he believed me.
  • @cu97tiger - I don't think we have discussed this, which is insane. But I'm more than willing to!! 

Also, don't shame the poor pants shitter. It happens to the best of us. 

• edited October 2015
    Morning! I should not be knotting because it's month end close. I will have to come back and read everyone else's responses after I catch up on some stuff.

I think my weekend is going to be pretty uneventful too. TV and reading tonight like usual. I'm not sure if H is going to work tomorrow yet. A friend is having a Halloween party but it doesn't seem like anyone is going so if he stays home we might just hang out and watch movies. My kind of night!

Your FIRST car? My parents bought me my first car for $500 from one of my cousin. It was a '91 Nissan Maxima and the engine started smoking one day on my drive to school not long after I got it. Then I was driving one day in the pouring rain and the passenger's side window fell down and I couldn't get it back up. My dad ended up having to duct tape the window up! Klassy. Then my ex-BF totaled it. I was probably better off haha
    The FIRST time you flew in an airplane? I was 11 and my parents took us to Disney. I don't really remember the details of the flight though or being nervous/excited.
    The FIRST time you had sex? I was 16, drunk and had sex in the woods where kids used to drink.The guy was actually my H's best friend growing up but I didn't know H at that time. It was pretty awkward when I met my H and ended up finding out he was best friends with the kid I lost my virginity to. 
    A memory from FIRST grade? When I think of first grade I just immediately think of my teacher- she was the sweetest woman!
    Something you came in FIRST place for? I'm pretty sure I came in 1st for a 5th grade spelling bee
    The FIRST person you ever voted for in a Presidential election? Crap, I can't even remember!
    The FIRST time you met your SO? We were both visiting friends at college (who happened to be twin brothers) and ended up making out at a party in a bathroom. I technically first saw him the night before when he helped me out from a spot in the woods where I was smoking weed with my friends lol. 
    The FIRST trip/vacation/time away with your SO? It was a couple months after we became official. We rented a cottage in Hampton Beach, NH. 
    The FIRST concert you went to? The Wreckers put on a quick show after a Bruins game. H and I weren't officially together yet but he asked me if I wanted to go. I had no interest in watching a hockey game but I wanted to go with him.
    Are you still friends with your FIRST best friend? Nope

• Your FIRST car?
    2000 green Honda Civic.  We still have it!  H drives it.

The FIRST time you flew in an airplane?
    I was 15 or 16.  We went to visit my grandparents in TN.

The FIRST time you had sex?
    My wedding night.  It was perfect.

A memory from FIRST grade?
    I don't really remember anything from first grade!!

Something you came in FIRST place for?
    Uh...  Chemistry award in high school.  *sigh*  I am not cool.

The FIRST person you ever voted for in a Presidential election?
    Bush.  Probably his second term.  I don't remember which.

The FIRST time you met your SO?
    At college, in the cafeteria.  He came over to introduce himself.  Couldn't get rid of him after that.

The FIRST trip/vacation/time away with your SO?
    Our HM to Boston!!!

The FIRST concert you went to?
    I'm not sure, maybe Stephen Curtis Chapman.  Or is it Steven?

Are you still friends with your FIRST best friend?
    On Instagram.

I am off work today!!!  Slept in, did some stretches, snuggled with Bella while listening to the rain, and now I'm eating breakfast.  This is a great day.  Gotta get going though!
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    Jealous of everyone who flew to Disney.  We drove, twice.  First time was in a RV, and we had to park in a mosquito invested campground.  Second time we squished into a mini -freaking-van.  I kissed the ground once we had freedom. 
  • wink0erinwink0erin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015

@futuremrshistorian Budapest! That's awesome! Some friends of mine were there earlier this year for a stag party. The photos were great. Congratulations!

@buddysmom80 Good luck at your appointment!

@Swazzle Rubberbands and hair have caused me many issues, or the hair ties that had metal in them. I always appreciate hashtags. #hashtaglyfe

@KeptInStitches I wish I had your motivation so I could finish my 900 crochet and knitting projects. I'll get close to finishing, get sidetracked, put it to the side, and forget about it. I could probably make an afghan of unfinished projects. Love the costume excuse... being an adult IS scary!

@Helloliv That's seriously frustrating about work. I simply do not understand people sometimes and what on earth they were thinking.

Last night I left work at what I thought was 5:15... but it was actually 5:40. Whoops. There was a ton of traffic still though because an oversized load truck got stuck in a construction zone (between concrete barriers). There are signs for MILES telling oversize trucks to exit, but this is the 4th time it's happened in 2 months. I felt bad for the people stuck behind the truck since there was no way to escape the lane.

Last night was also trick or treat, because my state is weird and always has it on the Thursday before Halloween. I live in an apartment with locked buildings, so no trick or treaters, but that's fine since I went over to BF's parent's house to watch football anyway.

Tonight is another Halloween party, and it's going to be crazy. The person who is throwing the party is loaded and is having it catered and having a bartender. Should be interesting.

Your FIRST car? A 1990 Subaru Loyale. I called it the silver box.
    The FIRST time you flew in an airplane? When I was 15, to go to a camp/conference in Kansas City.
    The FIRST time you had sex? Age 17. I'll spare the details because I wasn't a fan of it.
    A memory from FIRST grade? Me and another kid always battled to see who was the smartest. Another memory, the teacher would leave the room for a minute and one kid would go stand by the door to watch for her while the rest of us had a first grade parrrtayyy. When the lookout saw the teacher he'd shout "TEACHER IS COMING!" And then our teacher taught us about Paul Revere.
    Something you came in FIRST place for? I won the grand prize in an art show in high school. Too bad the prize was a $1,000 art scholarship to a private university. I basically won nothing. They didn't even give me a dang ribbon. All the other winners got gift certificates for art supplies or actual art supplies. I was both excited to win but incredibly bummed, since I was already accepted to another college with full scholarship and was majoring in science anyway. Prize was useless to me, and they wouldn't trade it for something else.
    The FIRST person you ever voted for in a Presidential election? I think I voted Bush in 2004 because I thought Kerry was a dick. Either that or I voted for the independent.
    The FIRST time you met your SO? At a bar, watching basketball. A friend I was sort of seeing introduced us.
    The FIRST trip/vacation/time away with your SO? We went to Savannah, GA for a long weekend after only dating for a couple months. It was one of those things where we both thought "this is either going to be awful or amazing." Luckily it was amazing.
    The FIRST concert you went to? 98 degrees. lolz
    Are you still friends with your FIRST best friend? Yes! We became friends when his family moved to my street when I was in 1st grade and were inseparable until I went to college. He's married with a baby now and lives in England. We don't talk often, but any time we do it's #allthememoriez

• Jealous of everyone who flew to Disney.  We drove, twice.  First time was in a RV, and we had to park in a mosquito invested campground.  Second time we squished into a mini -freaking-van.  I kissed the ground once we had freedom. 
    I'm jealous that you drove... because I've never been to Disney
  • Hi All,

I’m doing a happy dance that it’s finally Friday. Tonight H is going out to a bar to watch the cavs game with a friend. If my Neighbor is free I’m going to hang out with her, otherwise I’ll have a quite night in and catch up on some housework. Not sure what we’re doing tomorrow yet. H is making us nightstands for our master bedroom and he just needs to put poly on before they are finished! Saturday night We’re going to a Halloween party at my brothers house. Should be fun, I was sick last year so I never wore the costume I bought so I’ll just go as little red riding hood. Other than that no real plans!

Your FIRST car?  My first car was a 99’ Volkswagen Jetta. I LOVED that car. It had heated leather seats and a five-disc CD changer.  I tragically lost it in a 6-car pile-up on the way to a hockey game downtown. That was going to be my first ever Hockey game (minor league) and I have still never been to one.

The FIRST time you flew in an airplane? When I was 14 my best friend moved to Florida. Her parents were pretty well off and they paid for me to fly out and visit. I flew all alone. It was scary and thrilling!

The FIRST time you had sex? With my H after about 6 months of dating. We went on an overnight weekend trip so in a hotel room. I  knew he was “the one” and I was ready but I was still super nervous. I cried afterward.  Lol, I can be a very emotional person and I felt so overwhelmed with emotion I just cried.

A memory from FIRST grade? I was home-schooled with my brother through 5th grade. There’s this really cute picture of us when I was in about first grade sitting at a table doing our schoolwork with our kitten sitting on the table looking at us like she was checking it over.

Something you came in FIRST place for? A talent show at a summer camp. Me and my friend did a dance/acrobatic routine. We thought we were pretty cool.

The FIRST person you ever voted for in a Presidential election? Obama

The FIRST time you met your SO?  Five years ago when I was 22. We met on E-Harmony and had arranged to meet at a small coffee shop in-between our 2 houses. The coffee shop decided to close early and he got lost on the way there.  We ended up walking around, went to the café in the library and got smoothies and sat outside talking. We ended up talking for a good 3 hours and I knew we had something special. Neither of us wanted the date to end.

The FIRST trip/vacation/time away with your SO? 

We went on a snowboard trip to Holiday Valley in New York. We randomly were the only people who booked a cabin and it was really nice, but a little spooky. There was a communal lodge with a hot tub that we got all to ourselves!

The FIRST concert you went to?  I’m pretty sure Fall Out Boy

Are you still friends with your FIRST best friend? No, she’s the one that moved to Florida and we have since drifted apart. I live in Ohio.

• @swazzle, thanks. It feels so silly because he is almost 19 and intellectually I know cats don't live forever, but ... he acts like himself. Except he's not eating. And emotionally since he's acting so "normal," none of us are ready to give up yet. My family's worried, though - I told H to try to encourage him to eat when we're there on Sunday.
  • Jealous of everyone who flew to Disney.  We drove, twice.  First time was in a RV, and we had to park in a mosquito invested campground.  Second time we squished into a mini -freaking-van.  I kissed the ground once we had freedom. 

In middle school and high school twice a year the family would pile into the mini van to go down to florida to visit my grandma.  It was not fun.  My parents would make it this "fun" goal of trying to get down there in as few stops as possible too.

Anniversary

• @untouchablets if it helps, I hated it. 
  • @swazzle I have never voted because the electoral voting process is fucking archaic and stupid and needs to end.  I have always lived in non-swing states, where essentially your vote doesn't count. If you vote Bush in MA it's not going to count. If you vote Obama in MA, well you already know he's going to win your state so again it doesn't count or matter. I lived in AZ when McCain was running so obviously he was going to win that state. It's hard to get inspired or involved when you already know the outcome of your state. They always say "well the popular vote has never won" but of course it's never won, because so many people are discouraged from voting. I guarantee if they made it a popular vote for the presidency they would have at least 20% more voters.

I'm jealous that you drove... because I've never been to Disney
    I have also never been to Disney.  My cousin works there, and I've still never gone.  #lame
  • @KeptInStitches - I'm sorry about your kitty.  19 is a long time but I know that doesn't help right now.  Thoughts and prayers are with you.  

@peaseblossom55 - I'm glad you picked out a pumpkin for Anneliese.  I'm thinking about you guys.  I hope you have fun at the wedding.

@buddysmom80 - All the things crossed for you for IVF #2!  

@helloliv - Your co-workers suck for blowing through the budget.  I'm sorry.

@goldenpenguin - Good luck at the doctors!  I hope you get the answers you want and the medication that will help.  

@TwoDimes - Thanks.  My family teases me endlessly about it.  I hate it but deserve the teasing if I'm honest.  
  • @TwoDimes - HOLY MACARONI. That stuff looks incredible and I want it all! 

• Your FIRST car? A gold Toyota Camry. It was 6 years old when I got it. Not too bad for a first car, really....but I hated it at the time.
    The FIRST time you flew in an airplane? I don't remember but I think when I was a few months old my parents flew me to Florida.
    The FIRST time you had sex? September 11, 2004. I was 17 years old and it was in a dorm room bed with a guy I had met once or twice before that. His roommate was passed out in the bed about 3  feet away and I was so drunk I threw up immediately after. Oh, and the guy kept his sweater on the whole time.
    A memory from FIRST grade? Every day it was someone's turn to say the date. I remember one girl said "one-nine-nine-three" instead of 1993 for the year. Who knows why that stuck in my head, but it did.
    Something you came in FIRST place for? Umm.......
    The FIRST person you ever voted for in a Presidential election? Obama in 08!
    The FIRST time you met your SO? Drunk at a bar while blowing off a Billy Joel concert with a friend. He was the bartender and I went home with him that night but I was chaste and made him wait a whole week for the seks.
    The FIRST trip/vacation/time away with your SO? Portland, Maine in October of last year for 3 days.
    The FIRST concert you went to? Lilith Fair baby! With my mom and sister.
    Are you still friends with your FIRST best friend? Nope. I changed schools and we stopped being friends.

• AlPacina said:

Hi everyone!

I wasn't planning on drinking last night, but it happened. Shit show nicotine-withdrawal night decided to happen on day 4 instead of day 3, so I was an emotional mess by the end of the night and I don't blame BF for passing out on the couch, haha. We did watch Wild though, and it was okay. Not nearly as interesting as the book, though.

@swazzle - On almost every single report card I got all A's, but the comments would say "Needs to talk less in class. Needs to pay more attention." Haha

@speakeasy14 - Hey! I did 4-H too! Do you still remember the pledge? I've never forgotten.

@GoldenPenguin - One time I took Adderall to help me get a paper done. It made me feel "normal". Enough said, haha....... I truly hope you get some answers out of your appointment, though.

-

YUP. I've taken it once, and it was amazing. I actually just saw an article today saying that marijuana is proven to treat ADHD better than Adderall/Ritalin - unfortunately for me, it's only approved in Colorado and California haha

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Resident Political Scientist so not going to say anything other than -- I'm an Independent.  My goal is to vote outside the norm. It may not do anything now, but if enough people think the same way, that's how change can happen. 

Time to be a bad influence: If anyone wants to join a wine club, I've got a special discount for 50% off first month, plus a free 5th bottle (usually get 4 bottles).
  • @twodimes  I'm jealous of your menu it sounds so good.  I want mashed boo-potatoes!! You will have to add pics on Monday of Indy in her costume!

Yes Happy Wedding day @eilis1228!!!

Anniversary

• @alpacina all I can think of is the girl scouts song haha
  • @buddysmom80, @wink0erin, @minskat30Thanks. I am mad, too! It was not a hard instruction to follow. "If we get to $X, call me immediately and we will put our contingency plan into action to spread out voucher dissemination." Instead, that number came and went...plus another $100k+. Awesome.

@TwoDimes - You're inviting me to dinner, right?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Love & Splits
    A blog about running and life with pituitary tumors

• Resident Political Scientist so not going to say anything other than -- I'm an Independent.  My goal is to vote outside the norm. It may not do anything now, but if enough people think the same way, that's how change can happen. 

Time to be a bad influence: If anyone wants to join a wine club, I've got a special discount for 50% off first month, plus a free 5th bottle (usually get 4 bottles).
    I wanted to vote for an Independent in the last election (can't remember who is was now) but I was TERRIFIED of Romney becoming president so I voted for Obama. Although I guess since I live in Mass Obama would have won my state anyways so I should have voted for the Independent to get them a vote?? Or does it really not matter since I live where I do. This confuses me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards