Not Engaged Yet
Options

StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

Re: StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Got my 5th Fix today. I asked for warm layers for fall and winter and more color. Last time everything was navy and gray. Also asked for skinny jeans.

1. Mavi Freida Skinny Jeans (Style is actually Alexa)   $98
    These are mid rise and I like low rise better. I don't looove the color of these but I will probably wear  them all the time. I love skinnies and needed a new comfy pair.

2. Moon Collection Bailee Cowl Neck Knit Poncho   $58
    I'm not really a fan of cowl necks and I would never have tried on a ponch ever. Thoughts? Does this make me look really big since I'm short?

3. Brixon Ivy Lawley Cable Knit Open Cardigan   $68
    There's nothing wrong with this, I like it. It's just a gray cardigan for $68. 

4. Fate Bardot Cowl Neck Pullover Sweater   $68
    I know I asked for color but I will have to check off NO ORANGE on my profile. Between the color and the awful sleeves I look like a fucking pumpkin. The only nice thing about this sweater is that it's soft. 

5. Pixley Greenwich Striped Knit Top   $48
    I just don't really like these stripes on me and don't love the pleather elbow patches. Going back.

will add pics from my phone in a minute

EDITED because I WEAR my jeans, not WHERE them

• Options
    Oops meant to do it in the same comment

• Options
    @lavenderfields13 - I LOLed at your description of the orange top. Orange is the only color I have checked off that I don't want. I think the jeans look great on you (hey booty!). The poncho looks totally fine with your height IMO. I've said this to others before, I'm always jealous of people that can pull off that look. I love the cardigan, the $68 would be worth it for me if it's soft because I'd wear it all the time. Stripes aren't for everybody but I really like that top on you! 

• Options
    Haha @swazzle my booty is my fav body part! OK I think I'm liking the poncho but wanted another opinion. If I keep the jeans, cardigan and poncho that's $224 just for 3 things and my budget is $200 so I think I'll be sending the cardigan back. I've been stalking the internet to see if I can get these jeans cheaper somewhere else. Amazon has my inseam for only $50 but not my waist size! :(

• Options

I've been super terrible at responding in this thread lately. I am so sorry ladies. I'd go back and write to each of you, but I'm sure you've had to make your decisions by now.

That being said...... @lavenderfields13 - I really like those pants on you, too! If you feel comfortable in them, I think they're worth the money. The poncho looks big, but it doesn't make you look big. I LOVE oversized knitted things, so I personally think it looks adorable. The cardigan is freakin cute too, though. I'd honestly go for whatever feels the nicest!

................. That sweater is possibly worse than my fringe sweatshirt monstrosity, haha! I don't like anything about it. But send the striped shirt to me! I want! haha. Maybe I'll request it.

• Options
    @lavenderfields13 - I like the poncho, striped shirt, and pants on you... lookin' goooooood!!!
  • Options
    Thanks @alpacina @cocobellaF

I've already set aside the jeans and poncho to keep. Of course now it's going to be in the 70's here so I can't wear the poncho yet. 

• Options
    @TwoDimes They're just regular blue jeans but I wasn't sure how much I liked the rinse or whatever you call it at first sight. 

• Options
    @lavenderfields13 those jeans look amazing on you! Also, agree with the striped shirt and poncho. WTH is the orange sweater thing?
  • Options
    I agree with PPs those jeans are awesome! I'd also end up keeping the cardigan, but I'm a whore for cardigans. I thought the same way about ponchos but I'm glad to see your keeping it!! Ugh I have to wait another 10 days to see mine.
  • Options
    @pambeesly524 I think the sparkle top would look good with a high waist bottom.  I'm not a fan of the floral top, I'm not sure if it is the pattern or the top itself, but it looks too big for you.  Love the dolman.  I'm not a vest fan, but it looks awesome on you!
  • Options
    @lavenderfields13 - Someone in a FB SF group is trying to sell the orange pumpkin sweater.  Thought you'd appreciate that.  I don't think it is a universally flattering top.  ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    hahah @cocobellaF I'd be surprised if they get a buyer!

ETA: I just checked the group to see if I could find it. It looks much better on that girl than it does on me but it's SO ORANGE and the fit was really weird on me. 

• Options
    @speakeasy14 definitely leaning the same way on the floral top.. Just not flattering. I think I might just keep the dolman and the vest!
  • Options
    I got my Fix on Thursday. I only like the black dress. And I'm kind of on the fence about it, because I wanted something appropriate for Thanksgiving dinner in Punta Cana, and this is ridiculously low cut and SHORT. Sigh.

I'm also annoyed because I requested the stylist who really knocked it out of the part a few Fixes ago, and I got someone else. She obviously read my note (she referenced the Dominican) but didn't look at my Pinterest board at all. 

Don't forget to peep the swollen leg/ankle lol

Collective Concepts Marge Dress: I really like this, but I don't know how much I will wear it. I can't really wear it to work, and it doesn't really seem appropriate for family dinner. Help?

Skies are Blue Neve Open Cardigan: I wanted to LOVE this, it is so soft and looked so cozy. But it's short and boxy. Return.

Brixon Ivy Nickole Sleeveless Lace Fit & Flare Dress: Pretty, but not really flattering on me. Return.

Alice Blue Adeladia Scoop Neck Knit Top: I felt like this was a maternity top. Not terrible from the front, but the side, WOOF. Return.

Collective Concepts Decano Pullover Sweater: This would be great if it was a v-neck. The crew neck just does nothing for my boobs. Return.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @goldenpenguin I say keep the first dress.  Worst case scenario use it as a bathing suit cover up while on vacation.  If you pair it with a cami then you could wear it to family dinners/work/etc.  
  • Options
    @GoldenPenguin I actually think the black dress is fine. It's not THAT short, and you could dress it down with some flat black strappy sandals or something.

I really love the top on you, I think it's supposed to be that way from the side and I don't think it looks very maternity-ish but I totally get it, if you don't like it, don't keep it!

• Options
    @goldenpenguin I say keep the first dress.  Worst case scenario use it as a bathing suit cover up while on vacation.  If you pair it with a cami then you could wear it to family dinners/work/etc.  
    I am NOT rich enough to spend $88 on a bathing suit cover up lol. 

I'm not even as concerned about the low-cut, but it is SHORT. And my legs are my favorite body part, so if I'm saying it's short, it's gotta be SHORT for me to be concerned. I'll try it on & show H tonight and see what he thinks.

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @twodimes - I felt wide in the blue dress. My boobs are gigantic, and this just emphasized that. Also, it was weirdly heavy. It's also just not really my style - I thought the lace looked either really young, or really old, I couldn't figure it out. 

• Options
    @Goldenpenguin, I wouldn't keep anything from that fix, what a bummer!!
  • Options
    @goldenpenguin If you're on the fence about the dress I wouldn't spend that kinda $$$ on it.. It's cute but it's nothing special, you know? I also actually like the last sweater on you, but I agree it'd be better if it were a v-neck!
  • Options
    @goldenpenguin nevermind, not worth it for that price.  
  • Options
    @GoldenPenguin, that black dress is really short to my eyes as well. I would send it back.
  • Options
    @Swazzle - LOVE the jacket and the cardigan. I think if you know you'll wear the jacket (which I think you will) you should keep it. That would be a terrible regret item, I think.

• Options
    @Swazzle, I really like the cargo jacket and cardigan! Good fix! If your winter will allow you to wear the cargo jacket for months (I don't recall exactly the climate), it might be worth keeping at that point on the amount of use you'd get out of it.
  • Options
    I looooovvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeee the jacket and the cardigan! It's expensive but I think it's worth it!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards