Not Engaged Yet

FINALLY.

13»

Re: FINALLY.

• minskat30 said:
    @swazzle - YGPM back.  

Image result for passing notes

• @labro - Maybe we are planning a surprise visit to crash your cookie baking holiday extravaganza.  ;)  

Ok, maybe that would be too short of notice but one day, lady, I'm going to show up at your house (that's not creepy at all, right?).  ;)
  • @minskat30 I'd be BEYOND overjoyed if you and @Swazzle made a surprise visit to my house.

• I know most of you are just about out of here, but maybe someone is left to help me?

I am trying to figure out a present for my 3.5 year-old niece that has tons of clothes and toys. She loves princesses and princess toys, but I can tell her mom is overwhelmed with the amount of toys she already has. She doesn't really have the attention span for crafts or games. What do you guys think about some costume jewelry, and maybe a tiara? I know I used to love playing dress up with mine, but is she too young for something like that?

The other idea I had is Frozen bath toys.

• @AlPacina Nah 3.5 isn't too young for dress up at all! You can get her some Frozen related dress up stuff, or even just regular costume jewelry/costume accessories/etc. She's old enough now to start playing with some of the Duplo stuff, large puzzles, or even a coloring book! My niece loved to color from 3 years old even up to now. So while she may not have the attention span to color in the lines or something, she can still scribble!

• @alpacina, I really recommend dress-up things - Claire's has a lot of stuff that would be great for that.
  • @alpacina Kids that age go apeshit for dress up stuff, from what I've seen. So yes, that's a great idea.

• @AlPacina - I think things for playing dress up are a great idea! My goddaughter is 2.5 and she really likes that kind of stuff already. I also think the Frozen bath toys are a good idea. I got my nephew bath toys for Christmas and my SIL was really grateful! 

• @labro - She totally loves to color! My little sister is already getting her coloring stuff as her present. Your suggestions are all awesome. Thank you! :)

@KeptInStitches - I was totally thinking Claire's. I remember being a young girl and thinking all the jewelry in there was "SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL MOMPLEASECANIHAVEITPLEEEEEASE?!?" Haha.

@wink0erin - Lucky for her, my mom (her grandma) has an entire room in her house devoted solely to little girl toys, with an entire closet of costumes. She cries every time she has to leave my mom's house, haha. I just don't think she has anything dress up of her own at her house.

@swazzle - That's good to know! Like most little girls, anything Frozen is her favorite. Even if she has no idea what the item is, haha.

• @alpacina - I agree with PPs.  I used to get my niece a princess outfit from the Disney store every year for Christmas until she was around 6 so I don't think 3 1/2 is too old for dress up stuff.  She would all but cry every year that she got to be a new princess and it doubled really well (weather permitting) for a Halloween costume for the next year if I got the right size, which my sister loved.  ;)  Tiaras, necklaces, rings, bracelets, maybe even some candy flavored lip gloss if your sister would approve the latter are all gifts I've given her too that she has gone ape for.     
  • @AlPacina - Oh I know it! Hailey the human is OBSESSED. She runs around screaming singing Let It Go all. the. time. I got her THIS for Christmas and I'm really excited to give it to her!

PS. I like to clarify that I'm talking about Hailey the human as opposed to my cat, JIC. 

• @AlPacina - She is ADORABLE! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards