Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday

Re: Tuesday

• eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    @labro Still in limbo with USAA. H tried mobile deposit last night, but it wouldn't accept it since it's a cashier's check. He's going to try UPS today. We're fairly certain we'll have to mail them, but we want to try all of our local options first. Also, back in college I was part of a super serious book club, and I left after one month. So boring. Who wants to get together and actually talk about one book all night?! I mean, I'm a librarian, so I love to read, but dude. It's not English Lit. class! Sounds like your book club is awesome and so much more fun, even if the books aren't always your cup of tea. I'm kinda bummed you didn't like the book more. It's been on my list of books to read for a while, and I finally broke down and bought it Sunday night. Was it really boring, or did the characters suck or something? 

ETA: @beachyone15 You are in the clear!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @eilis1228 I actually didn't read the book. I think @Swazzle was the one who started it and didn't care for it. I've heard really great things about the story so I do want to read it eventually!

• @labro @Swazzle LOL sorry, my reading comprehension is apparently on point today. I'm hoping this book won't be like The Goldfinch, which I eventually had to put down because it was such an awful book. I don't understand how it won a Pulitzer... seriously hoping All The Light We Cannot See is different.

• I think we're going to have to postpone our San Francisco trip.  WAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I want to be part of a book club!

No bully sticks in our house.  Our poor, deprived pups.
  • @CocoBellaF Let's be honest here....you probably DNW bully sticks in your house at the moment because of the smell! They can be a special treat for your pups when you bring them home their new baby brother or sister!

I'm so sorry about your trip. Hopefully you can find a way to reschedule it and still go sometime in the near future!

• @beachyone15 - That is SO frustrating! I would be annoyed as well and I'd definitely not stay over if i'm being forced to share a cabin with someone like that. Especially since the plans were set and now suddenly they've changed with no notice other than "this is what's happening". I don't blame you one bit. 

@labro @eilis1228 - I started it and stopped. I honestly don't think I read more than a few pages though so please don't go by my POV! I do plan to give it a try again because it's supposed to be really great. I think I just wasn't in the mood for that type of book the day I tried to get into it. 

• @AlPacina You are so wonderfully villainous! Also congrats on 3 months being smoke free!!!!

• @AlPacina hahaha that's awesome!
  • @AlPacina - OMG way to go on the 3 months!!!!!!!! You're hysterical hahahaha

• @beachyone15 I think you are in the clear just telling your friend you've decided to save money and drive home instead of stay. If she pressures you or gets shitty about that's when I'd end up elaborating about the shitty move of changing the plans. Hopefully she drops it. 

@AlPacina You are an evil genius.

• @wink0erin - Ohhhh I haven't seen this anywhere. I want to know where now! 

• @Swazzle @labro Clues since linking isn't allowed. Also I suck at clues.

• What @labro and @swazzle said!!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @Swazzle Same thread

• I just came back from a work lunch. I hate being sick during these because I can't have a drink :( Even though I'm not a big drinker, I hate when I out-and-out cannot have one. 

Anyways .... I was talking to this girl who got married a month after me and they did a lot of DIY stuff. The ceremony {not reception} was in a barn and - yup you guessed it - burlap and lace.
    Part of me was thinking "Wow, TK would rip you apart" but then I decided to ask why that mix. It was mainly burlap but the only lace parts were for dresses and slight edging on things, and the burlap was more decor and not a main theme. They weren't even mixed!
    Reception - as she said - was not even close to that idea. So I guess there is a happy middle of burlap and lace!

Anyways, it made me cringe at first then I kind of understood what she was going for plus the ceremony location was free and close to reception.
  • @wink0erin

@MissKittyDanger my sister had burlap and lace elements in her wedding.  Not my thing, but it worked for her simple, outdoor, in a corn field wedding.  I think the snark comes more from the obsession with having a pinterest-vomit wedding.  The weird part of your story is that was the decor for her ceremony, but the reception was completely different.  That just seems like too much of a headache. 

• @speakeasy14  yeh the girl I spoke with said a lot was from pinterest, which I can't lie I did get ideas but didn't use them exactly. I think they just wanted to have the decor blend with the area and wedding party offered help a lot too {which helps with the headache}
  • Ugh, so much work to do. I keep getting more and more emails, and it's all stuff that has to be done ASAP. I have a meeting in 7 minutes that will likely last an hour, and then I have to get everything done in like an hour and a half afterwards. I can't work late because Zoey can't be alone in the crate for longer than 4-5 hours, so I'll likely have to work from home tonight. UGH.

• Ugh I want to throw up. I just entered our W-2s into TurboTax and we apparently are going to owe $3800 to the federal government. FML.

• @labro ugh that was me last year 
  • @labro - Holy shit. I'm sorry.
    I'm worried about how ours will turn out. We bought a house last year so it'd be nice to get something back, but I just don't know.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards