Wedding Etiquette Forum

PSA: Put away your phones!!!!

124»

Re: PSA: Put away your phones!!!!

• I can not believe people are actually arguing.  I think it is completely rude for people to be in the isles at a wedding, on their phones or in the way of the photographer.  I have sat in my seat and video taped the bride walking down the isle.  I have seen photographers fighting to get a shot due to people in the isle taking pictures.  I can understand all points.  It really to me depends on the type of wedding.  A back yard, park, or low key venue it is much more acceptable, or so it seems for people to be in the isles or walking around taking pictures.  My wedding is going to be in a ball room.  I am paying for a videographer and photographer.  So I will have two photographers, two video cameras and a producer.  In order for me to make sure the people I am paying get the shot, I will have a sign requesting that phones be put away during the ceremony.  This was a hard choice.  We all want the extra shots, and family want to take pictures.  But Ive seen some rude things and I really want a peaceful ceremony.  They can take all the picture they want at the reception.  I hope this works, but if they insist on taking pictures I hope they stay sitting.
    I don't think it depends on the type of wedding. A wedding is a wedding. But in the case of the wedding we're talking about here, it was a ballroom wedding at a fancy hotel. I think it's rude of guests at any wedding to stand in the aisle or get in the way of the photographer, whether it's in a hotel, a backyard, a park, a cliff, a beach, or anything. I don't plan to use a sign or give instructions to my guests because they're adults and I hope they know better and wouldn't be that rude.
  • I can not believe people are actually arguing.  I think it is completely rude for people to be in the isles at a wedding, on their phones or in the way of the photographer.  I have sat in my seat and video taped the bride walking down the isle.  I have seen photographers fighting to get a shot due to people in the isle taking pictures.  I can understand all points.  It really to me depends on the type of wedding.  A back yard, park, or low key venue it is much more acceptable, or so it seems for people to be in the isles or walking around taking pictures.  My wedding is going to be in a ball room.  I am paying for a videographer and photographer.  So I will have two photographers, two video cameras and a producer.  In order for me to make sure the people I am paying get the shot, I will have a sign requesting that phones be put away during the ceremony.  This was a hard choice.  We all want the extra shots, and family want to take pictures.  But Ive seen some rude things and I really want a peaceful ceremony.  They can take all the picture they want at the reception.  I hope this works, but if they insist on taking pictures I hope they stay sitting.
    I don't think it depends on the type of wedding. A wedding is a wedding. But in the case of the wedding we're talking about here, it was a ballroom wedding at a fancy hotel. I think it's rude of guests at any wedding to stand in the aisle or get in the way of the photographer, whether it's in a hotel, a backyard, a park, a cliff, a beach, or anything. I don't plan to use a sign or give instructions to my guests because they're adults and I hope they know better and wouldn't be that rude.
    Boxes? And no one is disagreeing with that, they're just saying it's not worth the effort dwelling on it afterwards when you (the general you) could be focusing on all the good stuff that happened. Like marrying someone you love and celebrating with your friends and family. People are rude and selfish, news at 11. Can't wait for your report on water being wet.
    Right after she puts up a sign with a cute poem asking it not to be.
  • As much as I would love all of my guests to be off of their phone for my ceremony.... shit happens.  Maybe it's just me, but I'm not having a wedding so that my photographer can get a perfect shot.  Yes - we're paying a good bit for a photographer so we can get good photos, however that's not the point of the day.  If something happens - so be it. At the end of the day I'll be married and have all of my friends and family around.  Can't beat that!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards