Chit Chat

Updates on my FH

Re: Updates on my FH

• He certainly is a cutie! I'm glad to hear he is improving and that the WBC has returned to lower levels. With you by his side and the positive outlooks you both have, he will be great! Just a new great! Prayers are still being said for both of you!
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Great update!!
  • Love today's update!  Is FI rocking a man bun in that pic;)?
  • My friend is getting her dog certified to be a therapy dog, they seriously rock.

You are still amazing me with your attitude and positive outlook, so keep it up! But don't be afraid to break down if you need to. It's totally normal and expected.

You will both continue to be in my thoughts.
  • Love it!!! And the picture is great!!!! I'm so glad to see that the good stuff list is longer than the meh stuff list. 

• Also for hair, we just dealt with this situation with my grandma - she was in the hospital with unbrushed hair for over a week before we got to it. We got detangling spray (I think maybe it was pantene) and just sprayed a bunch, then went through slowly.

Also, someone makes shampoo caps, which look like the things you wear on your hair when you don't want to get it wet in the shower, but it actually has shampoo in it that you can scrub into his hair without having to wash out. I can't tell you how much better my grandma looked and felt after finally having her hair washed.

Both of your attitudes are amazing!
  • nerdwife said:
    Also for hair, we just dealt with this situation with my grandma - she was in the hospital with unbrushed hair for over a week before we got to it. We got detangling spray (I think maybe it was pantene) and just sprayed a bunch, then went through slowly.

I was going to post this re: the Pantene detangling spray.  :  DD has fine, curly hair, and a lot of it, and she's active so she gets tangles.  Wet his hair down with the Pantene spray, and brush it out in sections with this:

httpmodcitymagcomwp-contentuploads201404magic-powers-of-The-Wet-Brushjpg
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Wet-Brush-Detangling-Shower/dp/B000L596FE

(You don't have to buy it through Amazon, though.  Target and Ulta and probably other places sell them, too.  I just linked for the reviews.)

• I'm really glad to hear that he's doing better.  Continuing to offer you and your FI hugs and good thoughts.

Thanks for the updates.  Best wishes!
  • @spockforprez holy cow it's so long and shiny! I'm jealous :)
  • That is one seriously good looking man with some seriously awesome hair that you have there, @spockforprez
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My thoughts are with you @spockforprez - So happy to see him in good spirits and not having lost any hair! 

Ditto on what levioosa said about being clean...sometimes that makes all the difference in the world.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• He is one handsome man! You both have been in my thoughts. 

• Braid looks great. I'm so jealous of his hair!!

• Seriously his hair is shinier than mine!
  • edited March 2016
    Been thinking about you & FH.  Hope yall are doing better.   <3
  • Hope things keep on getting better all the time. Positive thoughts always coming your way.
  • Such a good sign that he is impatient to start rehab, I'm sure that'll be a challenge that will need all the pma he can muster. So glad things are continuing on a positive path. 

How are you coping with all of this at the moment? 

• Such a good sign that he is impatient to start rehab, I'm sure that'll be a challenge that will need all the pma he can muster. So glad things are continuing on a positive path. 

How are you coping with all of this at the moment? 
    I'm okay. Yesterday was a little rough; I cried in front of FH twice. It's just so hard not to be able to spend time with him in the way that we want to. Like I would give anything at all, any amount of money, anything, just to lay in our bed together and snuggle for 15 minutes.

I also really miss his left leg. I've been getting emotional about it lately. I think at first we were just so grateful he was alive but lately I am grieving for his leg. I sleep on his left side so when we're laying together that's the leg I touch and I'm just so used to being able to reach down and rub his thigh or massage his calf or whatever (sorry if I am being totally awkward haha). And now it's crushed up and mangled and in a dumpster or god knows where. It just totally and completely breaks my heart.

It's hard not to go back to that day. We spent the morning together and then I left around 12:30 to go to a paint class thing with a friend. He took his bike out while I was gone. I know, cognitively, it's not my fault and there's nothing I could have done. But I just think, if I'd stayed home he wouldn't have gone out. He rarely went out unless I was away for the weekend or out of the house doing something. So it's not that I blame myself but I just wish I could turn back time and stay home. I painted a seahorse at the class and was almost done with it when he got hurt. So now we kind of think of that as a little symbolic guardian for him. We are talking about getting seahorse tattoos haha :) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thinking of you and still keeping you and your FI in my prayers, @spockforprez. My church had its pre-marriage retreat this weekend and one of the lectures was about facing unforeseen emergencies with your future spouse, and how as a couple you hope to face those together. After each lecture each couple had 10 minutes to review quietly together. I told FI about your story and how it has been so inspiring to me to hear how both you and your FH are working through this together. I don't always share TK stuff with FI, since it's usually my outlet for bride-to-be chat, but he was also touched by your story, and we both prayed together for you. I've never been through anything like this, but I do know that when my dad was very ill, that in many ways the hardest part (that I remember, anyway -- I think there was so much shock in the begining that I blocked a lot of that out, now) was once my dad had stabilized, and it was finally okay to grieve the suffering that had happened. I was a bit of a wreck for a while, and what made it hardest was feeling very alone, since I didn't want to show any of my own pain to my dad, who was hurting enough himself, albeit stoicly. Sounds like you are reaching that point. It is not an easy one, but know it will pass. I strongly recommend seeing a counselor or go-to person for yourself, even if just a few times. It helped me so much to have a person and place where I could completely break down, and helped me move forward into a place of recovery for myself. That person who hit your FI has brought injury not only to him, but to you as well, and you should not feel bad for feeling bad. Big, big hug as you continue to go through this long process. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards