Not Engaged Yet

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

• @labro, I love your hair!!
  • @labro Love the hair! I'm getting mine trimmed in a few weeks and I can't wait. Love that feeling of weight lifting off!
    friends tv show funy
  • @labro - Hey there.

FYI, apparently there are a lot of Justin Bieber winking gifs...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    D'awwww you guys!!!!

• labrolabro member
    @minskat30 That make sense. But that really sucks. H is a sound sleeper for nearly everything except apparently when the dogs are barking next door or he hears some random sound. His alarm clock though? It's like it never went off most mornings. :) I'm glad YOU have a plan in place at least. You don't deserve to be the only sleep deprived person in this relationship. Dogs up in the middle of the night is annoying enough, but babies are TOUGH! It should definitely be a shared effort.

• @labro - Completely agree.  I'm glad that even though I'm a light sleeper I can fall back asleep most of the time.  So I feel bad purposefully waking up H unless I really need his help (but, trust me, he has been well informed that I'll need it with the baby).  Once H is woken up, he's up for good most of the time.  I've woken him up with Raj once or twice and I would fall back to sleep right away with H staying up (and eventually giving up on sleep altogether and starting his day).  That said, he knows he's going to have to tough that out with the baby because I won't do all the night time stuff on my own.  I honestly think if he is really, really exhausted he'll be able to fall back asleep...at the very least, we are going to try it to see.
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    @eilis1228 what's your office dress code?  Ours is business professional and people openly complain about it all the time to our CEO.  Oh and yeah, my bf really wanted to go skiing and it was June.  So he just spontaneously booked a trip.  His cousin was on a foreign exchange program in Italy.  It was cheaper to fly into Ireland.  He stayed a day in Ireland, flew to Italy, backpacked all over and met up with his cousin, skied the Alps, then flew back to Ireland and backpacked there for a few days.  Everyone asks why I didn't go with, but when he booked it I had just started my job and didn't have enough days.
  • eilis1228 said:

@caseface5 Congrats to you and your H on the weight loss! That's so great! And yes, it's SO frustrating how quickly guys lose weight. A few years ago, H actually lost 8 pounds overnight. I NEED his metabolism. 

BF ;) HAHA but thank you!
    friends tv show funy
  • @eilis1228  high-five for neon white! I'm roughly same {minus Native} all the pale countries!
  • @wink0erin you're welcome! How'd yours come out?
  • wink0erinwink0erin member
    edited March 2016
    @eilis1228 I use this recipe for chicken tikka masala, it's my favorite! I need to make it again soon. I don't use skewers, I just throw the chicken in a bag to marinade (for at least an hour) and broil it on a baking sheet in the oven to cook. I make my own garam masala and I don't garnish with cilantro becuase I hate cilantro. http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-tikka-masala-25587

Edit: And I sub dried ginger, just have to change the measurements. I re-google it every time because I forget how much I use!

• eilis1228eilis1228 member
    edited March 2016
    @Caseface5 LOL sorry! Freudian slip? :-P

@speakeasy14 It's essentially business casual, though we're supposed to tuck in shirts, wear belts if our pants have belt loops, and all women are supposed to wear hose. I'm also not supposed to have any polish on my nails that isn't red or pink. We can wear jeans on Friday, but we're supposed to wear a shirt with our company logo on it. No one ever does. Re: Ireland-- I love that your BF's trip to Ireland was spontaneous. I wish I had the guts (and the budget and the PTO) to do that! 

@wink0erin You look so cute today! I love your eyeshadow! 

ETA: @MsKittyDanger Woot! Yay for pale people! I feel like I should also mention to you, our resident Canadian, that the picture I posted with green beer was taken in Canada, and I was drinking Kokanee. :)

@wink0erin I think the spices are where we're screwing up. I keep telling him we need fresher spices instead of the "fancy" McCormick's stuff in glass bottles. Next time we make it, I'll try the recipe you linked, and we'll also go to Whole Foods and buy FRESH ingredients.

• @speakeasy14 GREAT! This is the second time I've made them. I love how soft they are. 

• @eilis1228 Women have to wear hose? Eff that. It's 2016! I tuck my shirt but never wear belts because they are uncomfortable and I don't like how they look. 

• @wink0erin Yeah... no one ever does. The CEO is stuck in the 60s. 

• @minskat30 THANK YOU! We don't have a pressure cooker, but H looooooves Indian food, so maybe we'll invest in one soon. I've saved the recipe and sent it to him. :) You are the best!

• labrolabro member
    @eilis1228 We buy most of our spices from the local Indo-Pak grocery stores since it's usually pretty fresh and it's the real stuff...not McCormick's made up spices. Plus they are usually dirt cheap there compared to shopping somewhere like Whole Paycheck!

@wink0erin Omg you are so adorable!!! Love your outfit today!

• labrolabro member
    @eilis1228 Old fashioned dress codes are such BS. At my previous company I started working there JUST after they struck down a dress code similar to yours. Hose was required year round, skirt suits for women, business suits and ties for men. I would have died. It was still pretty uptight while I worked there but at least no hose!!!

• @eilis1228 geez that's more extreme than us.  We're expected to dress business professional.  Women have to wear hose. A lot of the younger women don't, but I do since I work directly for an executive and feel that I have to be more polished. Men have to wear ties.  No open toed shoes, jeans, t-shirts, polos, tank tops, short skirts, yogs, or leggings. I've never heard of the belt rule, and honestly never wear belts even with my suit pants, unless they're too big.  Seriously nail polish a certain color? It does drive me insane when people completely disregard the dress code and get away with it.  They used to have HR stand in the doorway and would send people home who violated the dress code.  It's not that strict at all now, so people just do whatever they want. I get some things are dumb, but you agreed to it in the code of conduct.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards