Chit Chat

Spock and her H

Re: Spock and her H

• KatWAG said:
    @KatWAG , @climbingwife - go easy on Spock.  She and her H (and their families) have been through a whirlwind of hell the last few weeks.  I can appreciate concern regarding HIPAA, but what's done is done.  I'm sure that if Spock & her husband had legal privacy concerns, they'd take the appropriate measures.

Can we please just focus on the fact that she's now married and that she & her husband were able to enjoy the day in light of all the pain?

No. Thanks though. I will post however I feel like.

And for the record, I asked a simple question. And Spock decided to get all defensive, which makes me even more suspicious.

FTR, I still don't understand the giant rush to get married. Spock got POA relatively quickly and her H didn't seem to need access to her insurance. I do understand wanting to get married, but like MIL pointed out, May is not far away. And it might have been easier on everyone (her H included) if they had waited.

Oh CHRIST. Are you kidding me with this? Dude nearly died and you're being critical of his choices? And the way his wife is posting? I don't see anything defensive about her posts, but I do read an accusatory tone in yours. What are you trying to accomplish here?

I am not trying to accomplish anything. Spock chose to share every intimate detail. No one forced her.  But I am not going to sit by and blow glitter and rainbows up her ass when there are some inconsistencies. For example, she was really upset that her wedding turned into a "circus" but she (or her H) gave permission for this "circus" to happen.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The news can cover events and can share information about people that came from witness without a patients consent. HIPAA prevents the release of medical information but if a witness or police office shares what they saw at the scene this isn't protected by HIPAA. So if his accident was covered by the news and they spoke with people at the scene this information can be released without Spok or her H even knowing about it. 

Also Spok didn't share the newscast publicly, but sent it to people who asked. She clearly isn't posting a GFM here or asking for anything but a space to share things she hasn't with her family. 

So how do you think the news stations found out? By luck?

Spock said that the hospital wanted to share their story on their webpage, the hospital would need permission to do that.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We'll just have to agree to disagree here.  My intent was not to say how to post.
  • I can see how things could get out of hand with the media, I don't think you did anything wrong.  I'm happy you got to have your day, MIL can come around or not, she missed out on a day that could have been happy for her, she should be celebrating her son is even around to get married!
  • No one has accused her of starting a GFM. Katwag mentioned it and Spock got defensive. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2016

congrats! How do you feel about the coverage - are you glad they did something or would you have rather not had it (especially since it upset H )

ETA: I posted this before reading all of the other comments about it and your thoughts. You can disregard but I didn't want to delete or change my post to make it look shady!

• Congrats to you and your H! I'm so glad you had a good day (even with the news coverage and cranky MIL). Sending the best wishes your way!
  • I usually don't outright criticize other members of this community, but what the fuck - bringing up the go fund me page and questions spocks motives for moving up the wedding is the shittiest thing I've ever seen KatWag do.

I didn't criticize her GFM. Spock had mentioned several times that she would send the media stories around to those who are interested. I pointed out that the stories (one of which inked her GFM) was easy to find online.

And if you want to call me out, fee free to tag me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:
    I usually don't outright criticize other members of this community, but what the fuck - bringing up the go fund me page and questions spocks motives for moving up the wedding is the shittiest thing I've ever seen KatWag do.

I didn't criticize her GFM. Spock had mentioned several times that she would send the media stories around to those who are interested. I pointed out that the stories (one of which inked her GFM) was easy to find online.

And if you want to call me out, fee free to tag me.

Katwag mentioned that with all the details provided already, it's very easy to find the news stories and the GFM. That's it! You guys are reading into things that are not there.
  • old reg, current lurking lurker

It took me one Google search to find a news article with the GFM and lots of personal information. You never know who is reading posts and what they could do with your information, particularly when you are in a situation with lawyers involved. Maybe it's just me, but I would want to know if I was easily found so I could edit my posts accordingly.
    What should I delete? I've been quoted dozens of times. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think it's only natural to feel defensive when you think you're being criticized, even without all of the trauma over the past month!

No one really knows how they'd react to a situation like this until they're in it.  Spock, you have exhibited grace, compassion and humor in the face of a horrible experience.  At the end of the day, that is what matters; a GFM, POA or even marriage license can't change that.

I would still like to see the video if you don't mind sharing. 
    Thanks lady! ❤️
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • natswildnatswild member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    Good for @spockforprez and Mr. Spock for deciding to push the wedding forward and getting it done.  I don't see any reason why they should have waited, and she brought up a good point that when the original date was, it would have been potentially far more painful and difficult to have the wedding done then.  She is a real class act, and she is a real inspiration to me for how do deal with life in a crisis.

ETA, I would also be interested in the video.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards