Not Engaged Yet

FRIDAY!

Re: FRIDAY!

• @speakeasy14 - Congrats!!!!  Such a bundle of joy!

• We had a very adventurous night. H woke me up at 3am and told me to get out of bed ASAP because it sounded like the building was on fire. He could hear the firefighters in the hallway banging on peoples' doors and see the lights outside from the trucks. Sure enough, an apartment was on fire at the other end of the building, so we got dressed, grabbed Zoey, and ran outside. By the time we got down there the fire was extinguished and the firefighters were working on getting on the roof with chainsaws to get all the smoke out. All in all we were outside for an hour before they let my side of the building back in. I'm so glad it wasn't more serious, and I'm even more glad that the firefighters were able to evacuate the building so quickly at such a late hour. Here are some pictures:

Sorry it's so blurry. I was shaking from all the adrenaline. You can kind of see how many cops were out blocking off the street though. Basically all of my town's police force and fire department was out... guess it was a slow night.

You can see that they're cutting off pieces of the building to let out the smoke.

Here are pics I took this morning:

Needless to say, I am exhausted today. I have so much respect for working parents who do this every night with babies. H and I both came in late to work today because we are so exhausted. Working parents of newborns are da real MVPs.

Today we are going out to lunch as a department for coworker who was laid off--it's his last day. I have a meeting just before then as well. It's supposed to storm really badly starting around 2pm, and there isn't any covered parking at work, sooooo let's hope that we don't get the hail they're predicting!

Tonight I need to work out, and I think H and I are going to take it easy and do nothing. We'll see. He said he might have to work late too. Fun times!

Tomorrow we have Friends trivia with @audrewuh, and Sunday we have a Mother's Day lunch with H's family and then GOT at our friend's apartment. 

I'll respond to everyone in a separate post since this one got so long. Sorry for the novel!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited April 2016
    @southernpeach89  How exciting for swim lessons! And that photo .... too cute :)

@speakeasy14 yay!!

@minskat30 Vibes for Raj! Posts about Raj are great ;) don't apologize

@wink0erin lovely flowers! And I didn't post it yesterday but happy belated bday!

Not much to post. Did groceries last night and was 80cents under budget lmao! Caved and bought myself 1 kg of nutella. I've been buying a croissant with nutella at Tim Horton's at least twice a week, so this is actually cheaper in the long run.

Not much last night. But tonight I need to vacuum and we need to do dishes. Matt's a little stressed at work, so I think this weekend if he isn't working over time he'll be job hunting. I wanna swing buy ikea this weekend and pick up pillow covers, but idk if we'll do that. Hoping Sunday can be a lazy day.

edit: forgot to mention! I was coming into my work building this morning and held the door open for this guy, he's a doorman at a club downtown and gave me a free ticket into the club for myself and a guest!
    Crazy ... I was just being nice lmao
  • @eilis1228  omg! Glad you're okay and hopefully no one was hurt! That's scary :\ curious, did the fire alarm not go off?
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @speakeasy14 Glad mom and baby are doing well! Hopefully your sister's fever subsides quickly and it's NBD.

@eilis1228 Wow! I'm glad you and your apartment are ok! How scary!

• @eilis1228 - So so so glad you're ok!!! Wow, that would be scary. It's comforting to know that you had a lot of police/firemen show up though! I'm sending you all the vibes for no more hail. I feel your pain on that!

@MissKittyDanger - Croissants with nutella are the BOMB.

@speakeasy14 - That's such good news. I know you are really going to enjoy her! :blush: 

• @eilis1228 So friggen scary. I'm so glad no one was hurt and you didn't have significant damage!!

@speakeasy14 Glad to hear! I hope her fever goes down soon and she gets to enjoy all the newborn moments. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @speakeasy14 - Congrats, Auntie! So excited for you!!!!!!

• @speakeasy14 Yay Emmy! That's awesome! I hope the fever subsides soon though and that it's nothing!
  • @eilis1228 Omg how scary! I'm glad everything is ok on your end of the apartment building.

• @eilis1228 - I'm glad you guys are ok.

----------------------------
    Raj still hasn't gone into surgery yet and I'm PISSED.  Why have me drop him at 6 am if he isn't getting surgery until the afternoon?  They know he is an anxious dog...he was a drooling, panting mess when I left him so I can only imagine how stressed he is now 5 hours later.  He could have been chilling at home with me or something until closer to "go" time.  Nothing I can do about it now and they promised me he's next...likely because I called to complain.  I just hate when doctors overbook surgeries.  
  • labrolabro member
    @minskat30 Ughhh that is really really frustrating!!! He probably hasn't had water or anything during that time either! :(

• labro said:
    @minskat30 Ughhh that is really really frustrating!!! He probably hasn't had water or anything during that time either! :(
    I know.  :(  He'll be on IV fluids soon at least.  I know him and know he won't touch food when he is stressed so he likely isn't hungry at least.  I just hate, hate, hate this. 
  • labrolabro member
    @AlPacina Big big big hugs on the loss of your childhood pet! I saw the fb post this morning and it made me all teary eyed. :(

• @labro - Omg, that picture is so sweet! Thank you.

• @wink0erin that sounds like a pretty fantastic birthday! I always do the mental note/go back and buy maneuver so that's a winner. Seafood sounds awesome and the parking lot show sounds hysterical.

@speakeasy14 yaaaaaaaay what a sweetie pie!! Sounds like they are all doing well!

@eilis1228 so glad you are safe and it wasn't closer to you or worse. My H used to be a firefighter before we met so he won't allow us to get solar panels for that exact roof cutting reason!

@misskittydanger I remember the first time I had nutella in Greece a few years ago and I was like omg what is this heavenly stuff?! And my friend was like um they have that at home you know? lol

@minskat30 grrrr that is super annoying!! Last week when my bro & I played hooky to visit our grandparents, he dropped the dogs off to be groomed at 9am. They called saying ready for pickup at 3pm. When he got there at 4pm they were like "you need to come immediately when we call next time, or we'll charge you $18 each for daycare". He was like are you nuts- YOU didn't get to them for 6 hours yet I can't have an hour leeway for pickup?! Ugh. Hope they gave Raj something to keep him mellow.

@alpacina I LOLed at "the springsteen of country". Yup pretty much!

• @beachyone15  yes!

@jenna8984 you had it in Greece!? I didn't know they had it there :)

@eilis1228 good thing your H was around then ;)

@minskat30 bahhh damn vets!!! Are you going to complain? Hopefully they've calmed him down <3
  • TwoDimes said:
    AlPacina said:

@TwoDimes – Okay, so, for someone who doesn’t know anything about country music, what would be a comparable performer to Garth Brooks, but in a different genre? Is he like the Springsteen of country? Even if I couldn’t name one of his songs, I am super excited for you! I love a good concert.

LOL, all I know is country music, so that makes it difficult for me to think of a comparison artist of another genre. I would guess Springsteen is probably a good comparison.

Garth Brooks was biggest in the 1990s, and he has 30+ easily recognizable (ETA - to country fans) biggest hits. He toured for many years, "retired," then played only in Vegas, retired again, and now has this what I assume to be final tour.

I'd bet most non-country fans would still recognize a few of his songs, especially the chorus of Friends in Low Places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0_der_5hRM
    So, "Friends in Low Places" is basically an anthem down here in Texas. In college, there was a bus that would run from campus to the downtown bar area every Thursday-Saturday night. I remember many times around 2am when everyone would drunkenly sing this song on the bus. <3

• labrolabro member
    @beanbot2002 Awwww I miss you around here so so much!!! Good luck with Bean's CRAZY schedule and puppy sitting! Dogs are the best and you absolutely deserve some puppy snuggles!! <3<3

• @beanbot2002 Lol I could never get that much stuff done if Callie was home with me. I'm working from home this week a lot so I was able to find some time to get those chores done. I miss you! I want to give you all the hugs! Enjoy those puppy snuggles!!
  • @misskittydanger They don't really put it on toast in Greece, they stir it into yogurt. Authentic Greek yogurt is nothing like the chobani or other grocery store kinds. SO GOOD.

• @eilis1228 so glad you guys are ok! 
     @beanbot2002 I hope puppy sitting convinces him! Dogs always know how to cheer people up.
    @twodimes have so much fun! I now have friends in low places stuck in my head! 

Trying to catch up now! 

Thank you everyone! I've been so excited all day. There was a few complications, but as of now everything is ok. My sister's in laws are lucky that she's so tired though because she was furious with them. All of them (including BIL's brother) held the baby before she did. At first there was a delay because her umbilical cord was around her throat. No one told my sister so she kept saying, I want my baby. After that was ok, his family took her and passed her around while my sister continued to cry that she wanted her baby. My mom and the nurses had to say something for everyone to realize how upset they were making her. 
  • @speakeasy14 Oh my goodness! I would have been so angry! Was everyone in her delivery room? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards