Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bridesmaids financial responsibilities

Re: Bridesmaids financial responsibilities

• pinkcow13 said:

Honestly, IDGAF if all this is true or not. It's entertaining and that's really all I care about. Entertainment/time wasting is why I'm here.

This is the internet. It's not like OP is my close personal friend who I think is lying. NBD. I don't need proof, I don't care. I have no personal connection to any of this. I just enjoy the entertainment.

This exactly. I didn't get it when people started accusing Novella of making up the Brad stuff, I don't get it now. I don't see what anyone gets out of basically walking into a thread and announcing they don't believe it, especially when so little of what was being discussed is verifiable one way or the other. 

Maybe it's all a lie, maybe it's all true, maybe it's an exaggerated version of the truth- if it's not fun for you to read something you suspect may not be 100% true, well first of all I'm not sure why you would bother to be on a forum like this in the first place but more importantly just don't read it. It adds nothing to the conversation to basically just announce you don't believe what they are saying, IMO, and it tends to have a chilling effect on the thread.
    Well I can't speak for anyone, but with Novella, she was just annoying with her stuff. She always seemed to have some sort of dramatic story, and no matter what someone posted about, she ALWAYS had a "Me too!" story to follow it. Maybe if the Brad stuff was contained to one thread, but it got annoying when she would post multiple threads, or post in other people's threads with her dramatic crap.
    This.

She was a one- upper.  I never, ever believe one- uppers, because based on personal experience with people I know in the flesh, one- uppers are bullshit artists.  They make shit up for attention, and it gets annoying really quickly.

So some of us called BS a few times with her, because we were annoyed at her always changing the focus of a thread to her somehow.  We are such bitches.

And these are discussion forums. . . where anything and everything is open to discussion, whether or not it adds to the conversation or not.

Trust me, there's plenty of shit on the boards that I ignore or decline to deign with a comment.  I try my best not to derail threads, sometimes I fail, but sometimes something just hits a trigger and I just can't help but comment.  It's part of the overall entertainment value of these boards for me.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• woodtdm said:

These were the most accessible posts I could find. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the closed Wedding Group. That is where most of the nastiness took place. These threads are what she shows everyone else. I do like her, she can be very sweet. Would she be someone I would hang out with on a regular basis. Probably not.

My wedding is done. No drama. all that's left is the invitations, the bridal shower, bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner, alterations and wedding. All the dresses are picked, the venue is set, the favours are being done and décor is all arranged. Flowers, cake and food is all picked out. BAM!

Please come back after the long weekend and let us know how Bridezilla's wedding went. I look forward to seeing the update!
  • Even if she did embellish, who cares!? She's not flooding the board looking for sympathy, or posting her GFM for her therapy costs for dealing with this girl. JAYSUS. Let us enjoy a post. 
    DON'T TELL ME HOW TO POST!!!!!!!!! ;) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Honestly, IDGAF if all this is true or not. It's entertaining and that's really all I care about. Entertainment/time wasting is why I'm here.

This is the internet. It's not like OP is my close personal friend who I think is lying. NBD. I don't need proof, I don't care. I have no personal connection to any of this. I just enjoy the entertainment.

This exactly. I didn't get it when people started accusing Novella of making up the Brad stuff, I don't get it now. I don't see what anyone gets out of basically walking into a thread and announcing they don't believe it, especially when so little of what was being discussed is verifiable one way or the other. 

Maybe it's all a lie, maybe it's all true, maybe it's an exaggerated version of the truth- if it's not fun for you to read something you suspect may not be 100% true, well first of all I'm not sure why you would bother to be on a forum like this in the first place but more importantly just don't read it. It adds nothing to the conversation to basically just announce you don't believe what they are saying, IMO, and it tends to have a chilling effect on the thread.
    So because this one thread that has run for 13 pages has some raised eyebrows and questions asked about whether it may be exaggerated anyone who doesn't feel like playing along shouldnt be on TK forum and shouldn't say anything because it might have a chilling effect? It's not like after comment 3 Spock shouted 'liar'. Get some perspective.
    Sorry, maybe I should have phrased my response differently. I wasn't meaning in any way to tell anyone how they should post- more wondering aloud what they get out of posting in a situation like this.

I think @spockforprez herself said she doesn't think OP's story is completely fabricated, just exaggerated- so I just don't know how OP could possibly respond to that in a satisfying way. There's no chance she (OP) is going to be able to verify every single detail even if she had the energy to do so, so you're left at an impasse. One party is saying "I don't believe everything you're saying" and the other party is saying "Okay well there's nothing I can do about that"- personally I don't think that adds much to the conversation but if you get some satisfaction out of merely letting the world know you aren't buying someone's story, I guess that's fine for you.
  • TBH, it doesn't matter to me whether it's real or not (although I've known people who would totally do what this bride's done, especially when they were younger).
    I've been reading this thread since it started, and I love it--I know I'm not exactly a reg poster, but I lurk quite a bit and I'm always excited to see updates on this crazy wedding.  I love the bride's FB post where she says she's so nice and sweet, then bitches about everyone, and my favorite is the part where she says she doesn't like or thrive off of drama.  In my experience, saying you don't like drama is like saying "I'm not racist, but..." and then saying something extremely racist.  People who say they don't like drama need it like a diabetic needs insulin.  I will be very surprised if this bride doesn't have any last-minute drama with her vendors, especially the poor folks at the Holiday Inn Express.  Can't wait to hear how it all turns out.
  • Embellished or not I officially hate the bride for saying "emerg" when discussing her hospital status. 
    To be fair, we refer to the ER here as Emerg. There are some places that say ER, but older doctors and nurses will refer to it as such. My mother used to be a nurse in Emerg.
  • KahlylaKahlyla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Embellished or not I officially hate the bride for saying "emerg" when discussing her hospital status. 
    That's a big thing where I come from, in Northern Ontario, for sure. I don't use it myself but I've always heard it a lot.
  • sidenote @ABeautifulJourney
    I like your ticker :) 

• @woodtdm, is the wedding this weekend? 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    It's the long weekend, next weekend.
    If it's Memorial Day weekend that's in 2 weeks. :( I want updates now
    It's 2-4 weekend up here next weekend, OP and Bridezilla are from Ontario. 
  • edited May 2016
    @woodtdm, is the wedding this weekend? 
    It's 2-4 weekend up here next weekend, OP and Bridezilla are from Ontario. 
    I should have kept my original comment of "unless you're not from #merica, then I'll look dumb" and oh look, I'm looking dumb :P

But I will look dumb if it means updates a week earlier than I expected!
  • I still have a paper on seventeenth-century metaphysical poets that I cannot put off if there's not a trainwreck to read! *dramatic sigh* 

Am I a horrible person for being so excited to keep up with this?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm waiting to hear about the ugly cry meltdown on the dance floor!!!
  • Embellished or not I officially hate the bride for saying "emerg" when discussing her hospital status. 

I'm a nurse that works in the emergency department and I call it "emerg" all the time.
  • ernursej said:
    Embellished or not I officially hate the bride for saying "emerg" when discussing her hospital status. 

I'm a nurse that works in the emergency department and I call it "emerg" all the time.
    I totally thought she was using this in the same vein as "cas," "totes," or "ridic."  I'm still going to assume she is because it makes it better.
  • zitiqueen said:
    @woodtdm, make sure your phone is fully chargeyou're able to give us the play-by-play of the wedding. Take your phone charger just in case. Pics would be perfection. 

• edited May 2016
    @holyguacamole79, is that the episode with Jill Goodacre?
  • @holyguacamole79, is that the episode with Jill Goodacre?
    Yup!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards