Wedding Woes

Wednesday

Humpity hump day. 

I'm so tired. DefConn got into my bed and I didn't even know it until he started thrashing about, rolling around, and kicking me for a long time.  I'm so sleepy. 

Work is kicking my ass this week.  And I don't foresee that changing soon. 

::guzzles coffee:: 

Re: Wednesday

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My parents are coming over today so mom can help me make window treatments.  My father INSISTS on taking the most inane route to get here so they are 30 minutes late and we have somewhere to go.  Ooops.  Yes dad, let's take the 2 lane highway with 2 detours routed to it...at 8:30 on a Wednesday.  Sunday afternoon sure.  not now.
  • edited August 2016
    Taking the oldest 3 kids to meet their teachers today.  I can't believe I actually have middle school age kids.  I feel so old.
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
    charlotte989875AddieCakeMesmrEwe
  • I had fitful sleep and struggled to get out of bed. I decided to leave a few minutes early so I could grab coffee and snacks before work instead of making my own because I didn't want to be bothered with cleaning up. I was at the store next to work when I discovered I'd forgotten my wallet. So here I am, tired, hungry, headache forming and it is only 9:30. It is going to be a long day. 
  • My boss and his son are the type of people who have never had a good day and they are one-downers (everything is always worse for them). Boss has been out for a week visiting his sick elderly mother and today is his first day back. He complained and complained and did that shithead shooting yourself in the head gesture that assholes do. I said "well someday you'll get lucky like me and she'll die".

STFU guy.

Last night H and I tried a new Mexican place. It was good. Cheap marg night is Monday so I'm pretty sure I've found a cheap marg for every day of the week. I call that a win.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
    charlotte989875
  • H and I have done nothing this morning besides have coffe, watch the dog run around the backyard, and talk about politics and the future of the Republican Party. It's been a good morning. 

@ShesSoCold, that's definitely a win. One you should celebrate with margs. Traditional or flavored margaritas?
    MNNEBride
  • Ugh. We have ants in the kitchen. I was told the extreme humidity may be driving them in. We have been using those Terro liquid bait traps. Have any of you used them? It's really quite fascinating to watch, despite it meaning seeing droves of ants marching. We put them out Monday evening, and for 2 days it was crazy busy marching to and from Club Sticky, but today there is very little activity, so hopefully it has worked!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
    MesmrEwe
  • DH has that talk with the regional GM today.  I hope it goes well.  I don't want to think about the alternative because this is something that I can't just let be his problem.  It's our problem.

I spent most of this morning and all of yesterday afternoon looking for apartments that have no breed restrictions on dogs.  I currently have a list of... 74? places that I need to call.  I struck out with 14 of the places I called yesterday.  I'm only doing this because DH "wants to rent for a while to make sure we don't wind up in a community we hate," which is all very well and good (not) since he's not the one doing all this asinine research.  If we can find an apartment that will let me bring Toothless and Hiccup, sure, 3-6 months renting, okay (not), but a house for a minimum of a year?

Fuck that shit.

Bosslady told me yesterday that if I was worried about the Zika advisory down here I could go home.  Toothless ate a bag of finch food last night, and Hiccup got the cardinal mix, so I think I'll stick it out here the rest of the week.  Teehee.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Ohh!  I started Stranger Things.  It's so 80's and I love it.  Reminds me of ET or Flight of the Navigator.  

It's creepy as hell though.  
    AddieCake
  • DH has that talk with the regional GM today.  I hope it goes well.  I don't want to think about the alternative because this is something that I can't just let be his problem.  It's our problem.

I spent most of this morning and all of yesterday afternoon looking for apartments that have no breed restrictions on dogs.  I currently have a list of... 74? places that I need to call.  I struck out with 14 of the places I called yesterday.  I'm only doing this because DH "wants to rent for a while to make sure we don't wind up in a community we hate," which is all very well and good (not) since he's not the one doing all this asinine research.  If we can find an apartment that will let me bring Toothless and Hiccup, sure, 3-6 months renting, okay (not), but a house for a minimum of a year?

Fuck that shit.

Bosslady told me yesterday that if I was worried about the Zika advisory down here I could go home.  Toothless ate a bag of finch food last night, and Hiccup got the cardinal mix, so I think I'll stick it out here the rest of the week.  Teehee.
    How big are the companies you work for? Do either of them have relocation services or temporary housing available? If so maybe they can take on some of the researching or have temporary places to stay? 

Researching housing sucks. 
  • @charlotte989875, I have relo benefits with my company, including temporary housing, but they are pretty worthless.  The services are great, the service, not so much.  Right now, all I have been able to tell them is, "Gimme 2 months temp quarters, just for me," since DH has no idea what he's going to do.  And if I do the temp quarters alone, I'm going to stay local and work with a realtor in the area we would like to live.  That's mostly so I don't have to move any furniture or anything on my own dime, since moving is a one-and-done deal, but also because I'm not going to subject myself to a lengthy commute if I don't have to.

Honestly, I don't care where we live, I just want a garden and a nice kitchen and closets.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2016
    Heffalump said:
    DH woke up at 2 a.m. and couldn't sleep, so he went downstairs...and found DS asleep on the sofa with a truck in each hand.  Apparently he woke up at some point and decided to go play with his cars downstairs.  :O

Oh that sounds so sweet!  :love:

Though if it was my kid, I would not think it was cute.   ;)

Heffalump said:

In related news, when I picked her up yesterday, one of the trainers pulled me aside to say how helpful Wooz had been, and how she swept the barn floor without even being asked.  And did a good job.  The same kid I was complaining about not cleaning her room all weekend will happily do barn chores for half the afternoon.  And on that note, I divvied her room up into four zones, and told her if she finished one zone, she could play with one of her friends after dinner.  She cleaned that sucker in 15 minutes flat.  Progress!

Ha.  This makes me think of how we have to pull teeth to get the kiddo to do chores (and do them correctly), but he wanted to go down and help his friend's dad clean out their rental house and pack to move because he offered to pay him.  WE PAY HIM CHORE MONEY! DH and I were like, "Um, what about helping out around YOUR OWN HOUSE without being asked?"  *smh*  
    HeffalumpThisShamanluvsaMage
  • @ShesSoCold I'm the perpetually happy person.  Unleash me on your boss, I'd drive him insane with all of my unicorns and puppies and smiles.  

@charlotte989875 Now that's a conversation I'd like to be a fly on the wall for.   I read a great article about how he appeals to the working class because of his beliefs on trade, which was very much true in Michigan, but it doesn't change the fact that he's single handedly changed election politics and defies all standard operating procedures.  If both parties allow themselves to be led by smart people and not remain as part of the machine, they'd both willingly go though major overhauls.  Oh wait, there go my puppies and unicorns again!

I have a computer day lined up, which is desperately needed.  Debating heading into the office to work or staying home.  Work is nice because my stuff is finally in one office, but those damn blowers are there so I can't hear people coming and am routinely scared by visitors.

Yesterday I went to a weight loss doctor.  I'm just not getting it done myself, despite knowing what I need to do.  I feel positive about it, and about having an accountability partner.  I need to lose more weight than expected, but I'm just reminding myself that that means I should be skinnier than expected too.
    charlotte989875lyndausvi
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Ohh!  I started Stranger Things.  It's so 80's and I love it.  Reminds me of ET or Flight of the Navigator.  

It's creepy as hell though.  
    We loved it. Watched it in 2 days!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
    mrsconn23ThisShamanluvsaMage
  • @ShesSoCold I'm the perpetually happy person.  Unleash me on your boss, I'd drive him insane with all of my unicorns and puppies and smiles.  

@charlotte989875 Now that's a conversation I'd like to be a fly on the wall for.   I read a great article about how he appeals to the working class because of his beliefs on trade, which was very much true in Michigan, but it doesn't change the fact that he's single handedly changed election politics and defies all standard operating procedures.  If both parties allow themselves to be led by smart people and not remain as part of the machine, they'd both willingly go though major overhauls.  Oh wait, there go my puppies and unicorns again!

I have a computer day lined up, which is desperately needed.  Debating heading into the office to work or staying home.  Work is nice because my stuff is finally in one office, but those damn blowers are there so I can't hear people coming and am routinely scared by visitors.

Yesterday I went to a weight loss doctor.  I'm just not getting it done myself, despite knowing what I need to do.  I feel positive about it, and about having an accountability partner.  I need to lose more weight than expected, but I'm just reminding myself that that means I should be skinnier than expected too.
    I think if/when Trump loses it could be the catalyst for a major shift in the Republican Party toward a more libertarian platform, away from the religious right and social conservatism. The populist message is strong in a lot of the country, but you can't win a national election only appealing to white, straight, blue collar, male voters. Instrongly dislike Trump (as a candidate, in general as a human being) but the fact that he is so uncouth, has offended so many voters and has driven major republican donors to publicly support (and financially back) Clinton might be what the party needs to reform. 
    kimmiinthemittensparklepants41
  • @kimmiinthemitten  - good for you.   DH has been seeing one for a year now.  It's made a huge difference in his progress.  I only wish my mom would go and see one  :(

I'm about to blow off work and go on a hike with a member.   Her husband is on the board and I think they are trying to figure out what it will take to keep us to stay.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
    kimmiinthemittencharlotte989875
  • I've calculated my auditing grade with all of the multiple choice assignments done, but missing half the case studies. As of right now, I have a B. I'm trying to decide if I just want to take the B. I'm so burnt out on school. This was supposed to be a two year program, yet here I am almost 4 years later. 
  • @Kimmiinthemitten, that sounds interesting.  What exactly does a weight loss doctor do? I've been to a nutritionist before, and all my general doc's have told me to lose weight (haha) - but never a specified weight loss doctor. 

• My boss and his son are the type of people who have never had a good day and they are one-downers (everything is always worse for them). Boss has been out for a week visiting his sick elderly mother and today is his first day back. He complained and complained and did that shithead shooting yourself in the head gesture that assholes do. I said "well someday you'll get lucky like me and she'll die".

STFU guy.

Oh, and fuck that guy.
    mrsconn23ShesSoColdsparklepants41
  • I've calculated my auditing grade with all of the multiple choice assignments done, but missing half the case studies. As of right now, I have a B. I'm trying to decide if I just want to take the B. I'm so burnt out on school. This was supposed to be a two year program, yet here I am almost 4 years later. 
    Would this professor be someone you would ask for a letter of recommendation/reference or other career advice/help? If so I'd do the case studies. 
    Would this professor be someone you would ask for a letter of recommendation/reference or other career advice/help? If so I'd do the case studies. 
    No. And I'd keep my honors status with the B.
    charlotte989875
  • @kimmiinthemitten those are beautiful. It also makes me feel incredably behind. My wedding is 2 months before yours and we haven't done ours yet.
  • bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2016
    DH just got off the phone with the regional GM... He said that the region doesn't "need" him, "but they are going to accommodate as long as [he makes] a gentlemen’s agreement basically to not start and then quit 6 months later due to traffic."  But then, he said the GM wants to (double?)check (NEXT WEDNESDAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME/US) with his VP that they can actually add an employee.

Yay!  I think?  Whatever, it sounds positive.  Yay!

ETA (because TK monster got it again) but @DrillSergeantCat, if you don't think the B will hurt you too much (or at all), I'd say fuck it.  At some point, enough really has to be enough.  No one cares that I graduated with honors, they just cared that I got the damn degree.

--Philip Pullman

charlotte989875missJeanLouise
  • @missJeanLouise thanks!  We have an 18 month engagement so we designed these super early so we could take advantage of the 50% off sale at VistaPrint whenever it happened which was last month.  Both cards need to be trimmed, and then the white card is adhered to the card pocket and we suck at DIY so we wanted to have them early so we weren't rushing.  I used my VistaPrint cash to get the RSVP postcards so those should be here next week!  I highly recommend VP, just don't pay for expedited shipping.  I paid the lowest amount they had and still had them by the date promised in the second most expensive option.

@CharmedPam First, he had me hop on a Tanita scale that read my feet and my weight.  I got a printout showing my weight, BMI, estimated daily metabolic rate, fat mass, and other stuff I haven't looked into yet.  Then we discussed my lifestyle, how I eat, how my weight has changed, my goals etc and he makes a recommendation for a diet plan with appropriate follow up.  He put me on a short term appetite suppressant to help my body adjust.  He wants me to lose the first 20 lbs (of 33 lbs recommended by the Tanita) focusing solely on my diet and making the tweaks necessary to cut 400 calories a day out.  Once I'm in the habit and hit the 20 lb mark, we'll add in exercise and he'll help me monitor my metabolic rate to make sure I'm getting the appropriate number of calories for the exercise I'm doing.  I'll follow up with weigh-ins and follow ups every 2 weeks.

@DrillSergeantCat It sounds to me like you audited your grade possibilities and that should totally count as a real world case study!
    DrillSergeantCat
  • 6fsn said:
    My parents are coming over today so mom can help me make window treatments.  My father INSISTS on taking the most inane route to get here so they are 30 minutes late and we have somewhere to go.  Ooops.  Yes dad, let's take the 2 lane highway with 2 detours routed to it...at 8:30 on a Wednesday.  Sunday afternoon sure.  not now.
    that's pretty much my mom. She is afraid to drive on the interstate and only does side roads, which is fine for just their area but when she has to go somewhere else it takes for ev er. I dread thinking about them coming to visit for the baby, although I suppose it will just be my dad driving and mom can just close her eyes. Sadly it means no spontaneous babysitting because it would take too long lol

Fuck that shit.

do you have an EAP program that could help make some of those calls for you? We have it with ours and I used it for daycares and they sent me a list of places based on the criteria I gave them. It's really helpful and maybe they could do that with your dog breeds too.
    OurWildKingdom
  • @kvruns, not that I am aware.  Our relo office does things like pay for temporary housing, assist with closing costs and home buying and selling, and hire the moving company.  I did not see anything in the package they sent me about an EAP program that will do some of the research for me, but it can't hurt to ask.

--Philip Pullman

• Couldn't sleep AT ALL today bc I have a meeting/PPT presentation with my GM today...actually starting in an about an hour... Wish me luck!
    Good luck!
    Knottie1468339441
  • Happy hump day!

Nothing too special here today. Just working and wishing I wasn't at work. I thought my wanderlust would settle down after a couple of weeks, but it hasn't. Unfortunately, DH hasn't heard back from any of the places he's applied at so I guess we are staying put for a while.  

Our wedding anniversary is next month. A year sure has flown by! We've debated on taking a little trip somewhere, but I don't know where yet. I've been scouring Groupon and Livingsocial for some good deals but nothing has stood out yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards