Chit Chat

More Trump misogyny and creepiness, regarding his pageants

Re: More Trump misogyny and creepiness, regarding his pageants

• SP29 said:
    Ugh.... an article showed up in my FB feed, where a Trump supporter said, "Listen, no man attacks a woman unless she's looking like she's asking for it". And this was said by a woman -_-.

That made me angry. Unless a woman literally says, "Hey you over there, come f*** me senseless"- no, she was not asking for it.

Also sad to me that women are OK with putting down other women. Why? I don't know, but it's sad.
    I read a study once (Summary here: https://www.usu.edu/saavi/docs/myths_realities.pdf). Only 4.4% of reported rape cases involved provocative behavior on the part of the victim. The majority of convicted rapists don't even remember what their victim was wearing.

Let me repeat that: don't even REMEMBER what their victim was wearing.

But, sure, rape only happens to women who look like they're asking for it.

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2016
    SP29 said:
    Ugh.... an article showed up in my FB feed, where a Trump supporter said, "Listen, no man attacks a woman unless she's looking like she's asking for it". And this was said by a woman -_-.

That made me angry. Unless a woman literally says, "Hey you over there, come f*** me senseless"- no, she was not asking for it.

Also sad to me that women are OK with putting down other women. Why? I don't know, but it's sad.
    I read a study once (Summary here: https://www.usu.edu/saavi/docs/myths_realities.pdf). Only 4.4% of reported rape cases involved provocative behavior on the part of the victim. The majority of convicted rapists don't even remember what their victim was wearing.

RIGHT?!?!?

But of course if anyone ever tries to present facts and logic to Trump or one of his supporters, it's like you're showing them something invisible. Nope, it just doesn't exist.
  • Augh, and from that study linked "In murder cases 22% involved such [provocative] behavior (as simple as a glance)."  So that 4.4% could very well include stuff like 8 year olds "seducing" 40 year old men.  Not just women running around drunk, naked and whatever (not that any of that would excuse rape in the slightest.  But if I saw anyone literally running around drunk and naked, I'd at least notice.).

And in a normal election, I'd think (hope) that showing logic and facts might help.  I've tried, with people I previously respected a lot, and I'm normally pretty persuasive.  Not an inch.  Thank god none of my family is voting for him.

I wish I could say the same, but sadly my entire family is voting for him expect me...With my parents I am not super surprised as they liked his "fresh, no bullshit approach" to politics.  They are mainly in the "I hate Hillary more" camp...my brother is the one who scares me.  He is 21 and just starting to follow all of the politics...I really, sincerely hope he knows better, but it is hard to watch your loved ones blindly support someone and disregard all of this evidence.  It makes me sick...

As a child my grandfather touched me IN MY SLEEP.  I woke up to it once and just froze...what should a six year old girl do when it is just you and him in the house (my grandmother had already passed and he lived alone)?  I do not even know how many times it happened, but I will never forget the feeling I felt my own mother didn't believe me.  It took a LONG, LONG time to regain any trust with my family, and I still keep them at an arms length 20 years later. 

I wish I could say that was it, but as a teenager I was groped by a man at my job, and as recently as last week I had someone come onto me and grab at my ass claiming "your phone was about to fall out of your pocket."  I swatted him away and gave him a stern look, but it was just the two of us working in a 150 acre field off a dead end street...I made a report about it, so I guess I am getting better, but why should I have to learn how to react to people crossing that line?  Why can't we have a society where people just keep their damn hands to their damn selves?

Sorry for the rant, but this has been bothering me for a little while now and I just don't feel like enough people understand this.

• SP29 said:

One of my BFFs comes from an extremely conservative, right wing family.  They very much differentiate rape victims as "innocent" or "unfortunate, but what did she expect".  With most victims falling in the last category.  "Innocent" victims are children (not necessarily teens) or stranger rape (as long as the victim was modestly dressed).

Then their daughter (my friend) was date raped.  She has never told them.  Because she knew they would blame her for it happening.  Even she, more blamed herself than the guy.  She didn't even tell me until two years after it happened, because she was worried I would blame her also...despite my always speaking up for sexual assault victims.

Do you know what else is terrible about those kind of attitudes that I rarely hear?  It's also extremely insulting to the male gender.  The assumption that many men are such Neanderthals they just "can't control themselves" with a flirty and/or provocatively dressed woman.  Bull s**t.  Men are people.  They are not mindless apes. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SP29 said:

One of my BFFs comes from an extremely conservative, right wing family.  They very much differentiate rape victims as "innocent" or "unfortunate, but what did she expect".  With most victims falling in the last category.  "Innocent" victims are children (not necessarily teens) or stranger rape (as long as the victim was modestly dressed).

Then their daughter (my friend) was date raped.  She has never told them.  Because she knew they would blame her for it happening.  Even she, more blamed herself than the guy.  She didn't even tell me until two years after it happened, because she was worried I would blame her also...despite my always speaking up for sexual assault victims.

Do you know what else is terrible about those kind of attitudes that I rarely hear?  It's also extremely insulting to the male gender.  The assumption that many men are such Neanderthals they just "can't control themselves" with a flirty and/or provocatively dressed woman.  Bull s**t.  Men are people.  They are not mindless apes. 

This is exactly what I don't get about the boys will be boys argument.  Why are we treating men like they're incapable of self control?

I was really proud of my BIL when this story came out because while he rarely posts on FB he did to say (CN version) "not all men, not all locker rooms, don't group me in with him."
    Yes. When we were watching the run up to the debate (with Trump's Clinton accuser panel), my H started ranting about Trump's words being sexual assault and why wouldn't CNN actually use that language instead of saying grope" or "touching". And that he's been in many locker rooms and never once heard anyone suggest it was okay to assault women. 
    CNN?  The same channel that mourned the future of the Steubenville rapists when they were convicted. That CNN?  They may be liberal leaning but they're probably the worst at rape coverage. 
  • I'm just upset that poor Trump was egged on by Billy.  Such a sweet man next to such an evil representative of the liberal media. 
  • banana468 said:
    I'm just upset that poor Trump was egged on by Billy.  Such a sweet man next to such an evil representative of the liberal media. 

Touche, Ivanka, touche.
  • banana468 said:
    I'm just upset that poor Trump was egged on by Billy.  Such a sweet man next to such an evil representative of the liberal media. 
    Did you think Melania was comfortable with the phrase 'egg on?' Someone must have written lines for her to memorize. I got that creepy crawly feeling when she referred to that recording as boy talk.

The one DT supporter on my fb contact list has shifted his attention to Ronald Reagan.

• The latest is that he tried to kiss a "beautiful girl" (his words - the girl is adorable but I wanted to portray his words) on the lips at a rally of some kind and the girl tries to squirm away.  It's like he doesn't learn and is just trying to show America - see its ok, just go ahead and kiss any woman on the lips regardless of what they want/say!

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2016/10/18/donald_trump_tried_to_kiss_a_little_girl_on_the_lips_as_she_squirmed_away.html

• MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2016
    I'm pretty sure Melania is just counting every second waiting for Trump to die. I can't see why else anyone would marry an orangutan with a micro**** while embarrassing herself publicly so often.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • banana468 said:
    Did you think Melania was comfortable with the phrase 'egg on?' Someone must have written lines for her to memorize. I got that creepy crawly feeling when she referred to that recording as boy talk.

The one DT supporter on my fb contact list has shifted his attention to Ronald Reagan.

There was a fantastic clip on the Daily Show last night.  He played a minute or two of another interview she did simultaneously with a few minutes from that one.  That section was almost word for word.

He joked that at least now she is just plagiarizing herself.

For the first time, I also saw a full view of the room they were in.  OMG.  Yes, I'm sure a NYC apartment where the front room is bigger than many homes and with every surface gilded is really going to resonate with the average citizen (sarcasm). 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • He's a super creep. That's really all I can say about that right now. 
  • Trumps alleged child rape victim dropped her suit after receiving death threats.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/donald-trump-rape-lawsuit-dropped-230770

• Trumps alleged child rape victim dropped her suit after receiving death threats.

nooooo!!! I was hoping he'd go to trial on this because then they could look at impeaching him and get him out before he's even in!

nooooo!!! I was hoping he'd go to trial on this because then they could look at impeaching him and get him out before he's even in!
    He still has a pending fraud trial this month that he has to appear for. His team did file for an extension because he's so busy. This isn't the only active law suit against him.

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1351CB?client=safari

He still has a pending fraud trial this month that he has to appear for. His team did file for an extension because he's so busy. This isn't the only active law suit against him.

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1351CB?client=safari
    Which is still hopeful, but after the child rape case - depending on outcome - he could go to the house and they could kick him out. They would on the rape case but the fraud, idk.

That's very worrying and exactly the kind of attitude we need to STOP in this country.  Where victims or witnesses of crime are afraid to come forward for fear of retaliation and violence.  And then those pieces of scum who would send death threats are the same people who whine, "Why is she coming forward now?  Why didn't she come forward when the crime happened?"

Even if they think this woman is lying, that is for the courts to decide.  I'm highly doubting any of those death threat people were at the party...much less the room...where this rape of a child occurred.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker

That's very worrying and exactly the kind of attitude we need to STOP in this country.  Where victims or witnesses of crime are afraid to come forward for fear of retaliation and violence.  And then those pieces of scum who would send death threats are the same people who whine, "Why is she coming forward now?  Why didn't she come forward when the crime happened?"

Even if they think this woman is lying, that is for the courts to decide.  I'm highly doubting any of those death threat people were at the party...much less the room...where this rape of a child occurred.   

These people are 100% hypocrites. Trump supporters think they're somehow more American than the rest of us when they are as anti-American as anyone can be, what scares me is learning how much they tolerate at every step of the election. They really see no connection with Trump and Hitler and that makes me worry about history repeating itself even if it's not to that extent. I'm scared for rape victims even more after the election. Who knows how far deplorables are willing to go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The horrible thing is, Pence is worse.  Trump is an offensive clown with a huge ego and a seeming inability to be diplomatic.  Pence is a politician with some terrifying views and the ability to work the system to make them happen.
    Pence is also into 'conversion therapy' :(
  • The horrible thing is, Pence is worse.  Trump is an offensive clown with a huge ego and a seeming inability to be diplomatic.  Pence is a politician with some terrifying views and the ability to work the system to make them happen.
    He also thinks gay people are dirtier than straight people, literally.

http://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/sex/news/a48305/mike-pence-anti-lgbt-articles/

I would be hoping for an early impeachment for Trump, but then we'd have Pence for president. From what I know about Pences' positions on women's reproductive rights and GLTB rights, Pence is scarier than the imbecile. 

I would be hoping for an early impeachment for Trump, but then we'd have Pence for president. From what I know about Pences' positions on women's reproductive rights and GLTB rights, Pence is scarier than the imbecile. 

Not only are his beliefs scarier, he has the governmental know how to pass crazy bills, as evidenced by Indiana.
  • My friend posted on facebook a quote that Trump picked Pence as assassination insurance.