Chit Chat
Options

In the mood to chat...long post...

124»

Re: In the mood to chat...long post...

• Options
    It's the same as the U.S. You can just go to the courthouse and elope. Unless the family wants a ceremony. Then it's respectful to do that. 
    The lawyer still has nothing to do with the ceremony.  The ceremony is where the two witnesses would sign off of on your Kon-in Todoke that you later submit to the local municipal office.  Just make sure you request the long/formal Certificate of Acceptance of Notification of Marriage with the English translation if you intend to move back to the States.  It's hard to request a notarized copy after the fact.
  • Options
    I didn't say anything about a lawyer. I said people go to the courthouse to elope. 
  • Options
    Just work really well with the lawyer. We have paid all of the application and lawyers fees already. It was expensive and we took care of that first. Specific immigration laws/rules are different in every country. There are some great blogs and other online resources that are written by people who have been through this process. They get down to every little detail.

Sometimes we spend our visits just reading blogs while on skype and emailing and calling the lawyers. I suggest finding someone who has married someone there and getting the specifics. We have an ex-pat friend who lives in his city. He has been very helpful. Pretty much just do everything that the lawyer says. Make sure all the applications are filled out properly. 

• Options
    Nice chatting. Gotta fly! It's homework and language lesson time. 
  • Options
    I read the whole thing...it's a slow night...and the sentence structure of the OP does not read as someone who considers English their first language. There is no short hand or slang. This coupled with the obvious holes in the story have me thinking this is a fantasy. 
  • Options
    That chick. ^^^ LOL! 

• Options
    I just had my daughter read the comment about the "fantasy" and she said to post a fantasy picture.  :D

It's a fantasy! My guy is going to get a kick out of this! 

• Options
    You had your daughter read this? What is wrong with you?
  • Options

Yeah on second thought this isn't MI at all. S/he had a (fairly) good, well thought out story and mostly reasonable answers.

But if this isn't fake, I have to wonder what kinds of people you and your FI are. Here this guy is willing to pay the all bills for a woman and her children from the other side of the world, including gigantic debt while she sits at home all day in the property he pays for. And here you are, not working, not paying any bills, living with whoever's family you are currently dating and/or will pay your bills for you.

I hate to be the parent version of "I feel bad for your husbands", but FFS, what kind of example are you setting for your kids?

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Hey, Fifi. Welcome back. 
  • Options
    I watch 90 day Fiance.... please apply to be on the show! They always need a good train wreck.
  • Options
    dyerwise said:
    I watch 90 day Fiance.... please apply to be on the show! They always need a good train wreck.

Sorry, off topic for a moment.

I am addicted to 90-Day Fiance!!!  I usually hate reality shows, but that one is my guilty pleasure.

Though they are starting to make the same mistakes other reality shows do.  As the popularity has increased, it has become less "reality" and much more "scripted/shaped b.s.".

My cousin married a man from Spain.  Though they lived in Spain first after they got married.  Then she got her dream job in FL.  I know it was a huge and expensive ordeal to bring him to the U.S.  Her mother had to "co-sign" the immigration papers that had to do with financial responsibility because my cousin had never worked anything but p/t jobs in the U.S. while she was in college.  It was a good six months before he had the authorization to work here after they moved.

And all of that was AFTER they'd already been married for a couple years.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So, where's the videos and pics you were going to post?
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    short+sassy, you are so right! He definitely loves his shows. It will be so nice for him to be around the family at a young age to learn from. Also, preschool will be so much fun. 
    If you want to tag someone, add the @ symbol in front of the username. For example, type "@short+sassy" instead of just "short+sassy." Also, use the quote button to respond to posts. Otherwise, we cannot tell to whom your responses are directed.
    "Marriage is so disruptive to one's social circle." - Mr. Woodhouse