Wedding Woes
Options

Snow Day Tuesday!!!!!!!

Yo yo yo, peeps! 

I'm in a weird mood today - I'm on my 4th day in a row with some actual energy - hooray! Slept really well last night too.

H and I are working from home today because we are supposed to get a boatload of snow. Some predictions are saying 8-12", some are saying 13-19" - either way, visibility is supposed to be nearly nonexistent, so we are battening down the hatches. We're supposed to get the real heavy stuff and winds, so we are blasting the heat just in case we lose power (we have gas heat, but we have an electric heat pump) so that the house will stay warm. 

I have zip to do today, since I was able to get a bunch done yesterday, so I am Knotting, shopping on Wayfair, and alternating between Food Network and the Game Show Network today.

What's the hippity haps in your neck of the woods?

Re: Snow Day Tuesday!!!!!!!

• Options
    Enjoy your snow day!

Mr. Heff and I are text-fighting about flights.  So, you know, the usual here. ;)  He thinks he found good flights; I disagree.  (For $1000 a pop, I'm not doing a 3 hr layover in Atlanta.  Also, Delta sucks.  Also, they charge extra to choose your seats.)  He's on the train with his phone; I'm in my office.  It's tough without both being in the same place looking at the same screen at the same time.  Also, he's all "Trip insurance is a waste of money" and I'm like "No way in hell am I flying two kids across the ocean with no trip insurance."  So we're having a great time together this morning.

It's raining and cold.  I have to get myself together because I have a supplier coming next week, and I don't give two shits.  Seriously.  But I have to go through the motions, and set up a bunch of stuff I don't care about: agenda, conference rooms, take him to dinner (yawn), etc. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Sitting in drop off line. Ive sent Dh two texts this am with no response. Of course with the snow that worries me he didn't make it in. He goes I at 5:30 so roads are always worse than normal. 

Loads if of work and laundry and household crap.  Rumor has it today us redistricting announcement day. 
  • Options
    @Heffalump FWIW I'm on your side! a) Delta DOES suck. b) I would not do a layover anywhere - but especially not for $1,000 each! Yikes! c) I buy trip insurance even if I'm just flying to Philly from Boston. 

@charlotte989875 so happy your H found a great opportunity in Buffalo! Keeping you in my thoughts and sending good employment vibes!

@6fsn keep us posted re: your H! I hope he made it in and just hasn't looked at his phone yet. 

Also, it's Pi Day and we don't have any pie. We have a really good Italian bakery 2 miles away and H won't pop over to get one. And he won't let me go because if God forbid something happens, he "doesn't want to get the stinkeye from the PD/FD for sending his pregnant wife out in the snow for a damn lemon meringue pie" (his words). *pouting*
  • Options
    DH and I got into a heated debate about parenting this morning.  That was fun.  
    I think DefConn and I are going to visit my grandparents the week of Memorial Day.  They live in San Antonio.  I need to get some flights booked.  

No big snow here, but it's friggin' freezing. At least the sun is out.  
  • Options
    No job for me. Rejection letter came today. Back to the drawing board. After a short pity party. 
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    edited March 2017
    Sorry CHarlotte.

THere is something in the air, becaue the Mr. and I had a bicker last night--which is odd for us.  I was telling him about something, and he decided to decide that the discussion essentiall needed a 'not all men' type slant--"well, obviously that's not the doctor's fault in the account".  Yes, because in talking about sex shaming, that's what we wanted to focus on, why the straight white cismale in this story was a whiteknight.
    And then he tried to explain to me further...on something he didn't even know EXISTED 5 minutes before.  And then he told me I said something I didn't.  
    I'm clearly still irritated.
    (which is swell, our anniversary tommorow...)

I'm about to go in for newjob, I've no idea what my schedule and online habits will be for a while :)
  • Options
    i felt kind-of crummy yesterday so i stayed home. i still feel off today - i think the weather swings and the time change have my body mixed up. 

since i was sitting around most of yesterday, i tried out "Baby Foot" booties because i heard all of these amazing reviews online and wanted to see if it really worked. (also, you get to peel pieces of skin off, so yay). You soak your feet in water, and then cut open these plastic booties full of a gel and then soak your feet in the gel for at least an hour. it's basically an acid peel for your feet. Supposedly  the  acids to penetrate the skin, and break up the connective tissue that's holding dead skin cells in place. After 3-6 days, the outer layers of dead skin should peel off - akin to peeling after a sunburn. Feet feel a little dry today, but otherwise, no issues (pain, redness, etc.)

Need to write my annual goals today since i have to review with my boss tomorrow. It's hard to get into this because I've been so busy and stressed with work, yet bored/frustrated with a lot of what I'm doing.  (I have a cool project, but no time to actually work on it because I'm constantly babysitting people who really should know how to do their jobs.)
  • Options
    Sorry @charlotte989875

I agree @GBCK, DH and I got bickered last night too. He and I disagree on a topic but he says I take/make things too personally and that we were only fighting because of alcohol. Which a.) we were not even half way through our first (and only) cocktail and b.) just because I don't agree with you and have questions about the topic doesn't mean I am attacking you. Grrr.

@sparklepants41 Can UberEats bring you pie??

my sister and mom had flowers and cake delivered for my birthday. Now I have part of a  cheesecake and cake, lol. Our fridge is so full, so many leftovers to eat and IDK how we're going to do it, lol. DH doesn't eat leftovers so it is all me and I have dinner plans almost every night this week. #FWP
  • Options
    We're suppose to get more snow also.
    My inner child and inner adult had an argument about boots this morning. Which was me sitting on the bench in our mud room bitching about how much I should wear my boots but really don't want to.
    Alas .... I wore boots.

I was super tired last night so I crashed early. Of course, when M comes up to bed I can't fall back asleep for the life of me. So I'm dragging today.

Tonight is laundry and probably vacuuming a bit. Depending on how tired I am.

Avoiding the "This is Us" page like a plague tomorrow, since I'm watching it tomorrow. This show may kill me :'(

Another place has been sent M's resume. I asked if he wanted Option 1 {which is people who want him} or if Option 2 calls for an interview, which would he take .... he said Option 1 because he's more interested. Despite the fact Option 2 would likely be higher pay amount, etc etc, he still would want Option 1

Fun fact that idk if I mentioned this, but he did an essay about Option 1 when he was in school in his ethics class.
    Without giving too much away, basically the job would be electronic medical records. Like if someone goes to a hospital, instead of wondering what meds they're on the dr/nurse can swipe the health card and pull up everything - meds, allergies, past diagnosis', etc. Of course there's privacy things that M was telling me about {stupid decision to ask lmao} Hence the essay in his ethics class.
  • Options
    school related annoyance - Wolverine missed a few days in February - 3 in one week due to a stomach virus (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday) - she actually went into school on Thursday, but had an accident when transitioning from the am childcare to her class (didn't make it to the bathroom fast enough) and when she went to the nurse, she was running a fever so the nurse told DK to keep her home Friday as a precaution. (This was a weird bug because it was on and off the whole week rather than hitting all at once for 24-48 hours.)

Anyways - DK e-mailed the teacher to let her know that Wolverine would be out (e-mailed on Tuesday am , and again on Thursday saying that she would also miss Friday as per the nurse). The teacher responded to both, so we know they were received. 

So on Saturday we receive a nastygram from the school that she has too many unexcused absences (citing those three days) and they may take legal action...... WTF??? SO i tried calling yesterday , but apparently the administrators for the district also receive the entire week off for spring break, so nobody is in their office and they don't have an answering machine. 

I had DK send an e-mail to both the principal and Wolverine's teacher to try and understand how these are "unexcused" absences when he contacted the teacher regarding all 3 days - and she was even sent home ill/told not to come back the next day by the nurse.

this is "mind bottling" because when she missed a day in December, they told us that we just needed to let the teacher know why she was out - so why was an e-mail from Dad insufficient? Do they need a signed letter? Is there a form we need to fill out? In part i'm annoyed AF that there's nobody available all week to answer this question. 

• Options
    No job for me. Rejection letter came today. Back to the drawing board. After a short pity party. 

Awwww, I'm sorry.  That sucks.  Definitely calls for a pity party.

And then after,

Image result for rainbow margarita
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 I'm sorry about the job :( that really sucks. 

@sparklepants41 doesn't your H see how hard you are working at growing a human? You deserve pie. 

Morning all! 
    The Bachelor finale sucked. I don't love Nick, but I felt like Raven was a better match for him. He needs someone fun and energetic to counteract is weird seriousness. 

Not much going on here today. I have plenty of work to do for once, so I'll be busy a lot of the day. 

I got a new BeachBody coach last week and joined a challenge group she's doing for the month of March. Part of the challenge is to take before and after pictures and post your weight/measurements. I have lost 10 lbs and I am super proud of myself, but a huge part of me was screaming "OMG do I really look like that?!?!?" when I took my before pictures last night. I was tempted to get really discouraged, but reminded myself that this is a process and I have made huge strides since I started working out in January. Just gotta keep it up! Losing weight is so much harder now than it was when I was younger. Sigh. 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    I'm sorry @charlotte989875

Barbie- our school requires a call when they are out and a note when they return.  An email doesn't fulfill the paper trail.  I was also told I'd need a doctor note for 6let's surgery so it goes in as excused.
  • Options
    There is a raccoon the size of a toddler living in one of my trees.  I just saw him traverse the tree and go into a hollowed out branch.  Holy shit he's huge.   He moved too fast for me to get a pic.  
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    I'm sorry @charlotte989875

Barbie- our school requires a call when they are out and a note when they return.  An email doesn't fulfill the paper trail.  I was also told I'd need a doctor note for 6let's surgery so it goes in as excused.
    I would be fine if they had told us any specific policy or had it posted anywhere  - but when I called in December, they told us that all we had to do was let the teacher know. 

Even if you look at the district website, all it tells you is the compulsory attendance law for the state of Texas and what will happen if you're in violation. It doesn't tell you a policy to submit for an excused absence. Under sick kids all it tells you is various conditions where you should keep a child home (fever, lice, stomach flu, no symptoms for 24 hours, etc,) and to get a Dr. note for an "extended" (not defined in terms of length) absence. 

• Options
    @sparklepants41  I'm envious of your sleep lmao and dammit Mr Sparkles! Go get your pregnant wife pie!

@Heffalump  Travel insurance is never a waste! What if something happens? My mum got pneumonia and if it weren't for travel insurance, she would have been out her flight ticket home! {since she had to come back sooner}

@charlotte989875  yay for opportunities for your H! Boo for letter :(<3 go have your pity party, you deserve it.

Also, extra pie to everyone bickering with their spouse :( must be the weather.
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I never have that problem.  You know the people who bust out the sandals at the first sign of spring?  I'm the opposite.  Come August I'm itching to wear boots again!

@thefanciestbeckler it was the worst!  And the ATR was just awkward.  It reminded me of a couple who was fighting all day and then forced to sit through a dinner party.  I like Vanessa, even though at the end she was the fun police.  I really wanted her to say no.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    There is a raccoon the size of a toddler living in one of my trees.  I just saw him traverse the tree and go into a hollowed out branch.  Holy shit he's huge.   He moved too fast for me to get a pic.  
    I don't doubt the size at all. I saw a mama coon in a neighbour's yard a few years ago. Size of a small bear, I swear.
    Me: THERE IS A GIANT COON IN X-LADY'S YARD!?
    Mum: yeh. She's nice but moody. She's pregnant. X-Lady has been feeding her through the winter. She lives in the shed.
    Me: THAT COON IS THE SIZE OF A SMALL BEAR WHAT THE FUCK
    Mum: Yeh .... 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @charlotte989875! That's such a bummer!!!

You need a hug and one of these:

• Options
    @kimmiinthemitten  blegh! Only thing I ever want in summer is for the damn humidity to break so it doesn't feel oppressively hot.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2017
    Barbie, we got a similar nasty gram from DefConn's school because he's been out 'too much'. Nothing about legal action (I don't think they can do anything since Kindergarten is not mandated by law here), but still...it made me roll my eyes something fierce.  

The kid really hasn't been out that much.  Before the pink eye, the last time he was out was because he had a a raging ear and upper respiratory infection.  The doctor told us to keep him home 2 days (we went in on either a Weds afternoon or Thur morning, I can't remember).  We have only pulled him out once for our annual Labor Day trip and then I think DH picked him up early once (he had 45 min left) because they were heading OOT for a guys camping trip.  Other than that, he's at school every day. 

I'm sorry, but if your kid misses school infrequently...and you're calling them in to let the school know *why* they will be out, the truancy letters and threats are fucking ridiculous.  Especially for kindergarten. 
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I never have that problem.  You know the people who bust out the sandals at the first sign of spring?  I'm the opposite.  Come August I'm itching to wear boots again!

@thefanciestbeckler it was the worst!  And the ATR was just awkward.  It reminded me of a couple who was fighting all day and then forced to sit through a dinner party.  I like Vanessa, even though at the end she was the fun police.  I really wanted her to say no.
    YES!!! Exactly!! That's the perfect description. I like Vanessa too, but they're terrible for each other. I've been in plenty of relationships that had as much uncertainty as she and Nick have, and guess who I married? None of those people. lol. I just don't see it working out for them. And I don't get him picking someone who blatantly told him that she might not accept a proposal from him. He's dumb. 

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:

I'm sorry, but if your kid misses school infrequently...and you're calling them in to let the school know *why* they will be out, the truancy letters and threats are fucking ridiculous.  Especially for kindergarten. 
    Agreed. 
  • Options
    My dentist office had slices of pie ready to go. Something about that just makes me laugh. I didn't take one because I'm weird and don't like pie (unless it is something like chocolate or ice cream pie - no fruit pie here)