Wedding Woes

Thursday

SSDD- work, swim lessons, work, lunch, pool work, baseball.

Baseball drama ahead- (These are 8ish yos).  You see a lot of the same kids and parents through the years.  There's one kid that has an unusual name.  He's also been a bit of a showoff, but this year he's awful.  His parents seem to think it's funny, but it's really getting dangerous.  One night 6let was catcher, kid was running to home.  6let was not blocking the base, it wasn't a close play, no reason for this kid run full force at my kid, grab him in a bear hug and take him to the ground backward.  The kid jumped up stuck his finger in 6let's face (while he's still on the ground) and yells "safe."

Monday night he was trying to tag out a kid and instead of going for the body he went for the head.  Basically he had a ball in his glove and ended up decking the kid in the jaw.  He yelled in his face "out."  The kid was down on the ground crying in pain. 

Last night the parents were at Max's game.  I overheard them telling these stories in pretty much the same way I did and they were LAUGHING.  They were laughing that their kid was hurting kids and not checking on them, not taking a knee, and worse putting a finger in their faces.  They knew their kid had hurt someone and didn't care.

I've yanked 6let off the field when he's done shit like this.  They didn't yank him, didn't even talk to him, and clearly think it's ok. 

I was also next to parents that spent 90 minutes talking about pitch counts and try outs and crap for their 8 yo travel baseball kids.  I have a feeling the soccer parents next year will be the same.  I'm going to have to set up far away from everyone.

Re: Thursday

• Damn 6, can you talk to the coaches or the umpires? Not during the games but maybe send a letter to the league or something? They would hate to have a kid get hurt after incidents were brought to their attention.

I have been absolutely worthless today. I have a spot in my back (super low, almost in my pelvis) that feels like it needs to pop. It has been bothering me for over a week. I have never been to a chiropractor before but am considering it now.  

otherwise, SSDD
  • Oh gah, baseball is so fraught with that shit.  Parents can be the woooorrrssstt.  My friend has two stepsons in travel ball and I hear all about the BS. 

Anyhoodle, yesterday was jam-packed.  My morning started with a visit from FIL.  He dropped off some stuff on his way OOT.  He's going to the Electric Forest this weekend with DH's cousins.  Our visit was...something.  He bitched to me about his 'issues' with H and BIL...and I'm just like, "You need to talk to your kids and don't put me in the middle."

After that, I had to hurry up and get out my mom's house.  We went to lunch and the Children's Museum.  We ran home for just a few minutes and then headed to my friend's house so DefConn could hang out with her kids (because he's been so bored alone) and she and I could get some time in.  I stopped for gas and we ran into get drinks.  When we stepped out of the gas station, my dad was at the pump I had just been using.  We went over and said hi to him. 

We got to my friend's house and the poor thing is just having a week.  She's having an RA flare-up and has had to get infusions...which make her feel like shit.  She offered to make shirts for the moms on her stepson's team for their OOT tourney this weekend (she has a cricut and heat press).  And she had to interview a dog-sitter because hers backed out at the last second.  So the potential dog-sitter showed up at the same time she had to take her stepson to practice (because her H was running late since traffic was horrendous yesterday).  I grabbed my keys and said, "Where do I take him?"  I came back and helped her work on the shirts.  I wish I could have stayed longer, but we didn't get home until after 10pm.  

Oh...and when we were on our way to the museum, I got a text from BIL that said, "We are alive!"  I'm all, "Good?!  Was I supposed to be worried?"  And then nothing for almost 2 hours.  DH then texted and said they hiked Angel's Landing yesterday and it was just as steep and scary as described.  I saw his pics and they seriously give me the heebie jeebies.  They're in Zion for one more day and then head to the Grand Canyon.  They'll start home on Saturday. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    They don't have umps in regular season.  Coaches are volunteers.  They talked to him after the tagout/punch, but he wasn't listening at all.  Anything they would have said wouldn't take when mom and dad are laughing though. 

DH coached one year.  There was a kid that would intentionally push kids down, throw dirt, all kinds of crap.  The parents did nothing and DH could only do so much.  One assistant would literally spend the whole game next to this kid redirecting.
  • Mouse didn't sleep well again last night. I get so frustrated with H because he's up and just lets him cry. I know he's trying to see if he'll go back to sleep, but let's be proactive and get a bottle ready anyway. 

I went and saw my bestie's new grandbaby yesterday. Momma's having a very hard time adjusting. She's alone with a newborn in a hospital with limited resources and has only slept 8 hours since Monday. I suggested sending LO to the nursery, but they don't have one she can stay in while mom sleeps so hopefully grandma will get up there early and take over so momma can rest. She said, "Lyric cries and I just sit and cry with her." The sperm donor is useless.

Have some filing to do at work, but that's about it.
  • @6fsn, it is really a shame and a bit mind boggling when parents don't make their children adhere to basic, universal standards of behavior.  Or at least give it their best effort.  Of course, the kind of people who laugh and thinks it is funny when their child intentionally hurts another child for no reason are exactly the people who raise little terrors like that.

@charlotte989875, lots of exciting stuff going on for you in the next few days!  Fun!  Good luck on the interview tomorrow, I hope all your prep pays off.

There's been a lot of negativity going on in my life lately and I feel like it is a constant struggle to stay "centered".  I think I'm fine.  And then the smallest things will upset me more than they should.  In the meantime, I'm just "keeping on, keeping on", but I'm hoping the long weekend will refresh me and get me back to my natural "zen" (for lack of a better word).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    @mrsconn23 it's not just baseball. Soccer is just as nasty if not more so where we play. Parents have a handbook and one rule is we can't contact the coach or league for 24 hrs after a game. 

• 6fsn - that is horrible!  I was a volunteer softball coach for my niece's team for many years.  My sister was head coach - anyone who would have tried to do what that terror would do was benched.  Volunteers or not, those coaches should bench anyone immediately who intentionally hurt another player.  I would still write letters or speak to the people who run the league.  How would they like it if their insurance premiums go up because there is a player who is intentionally hurting other players?

Charlotte - Good luck in the interview and have fun this weekend!

DSC - I hope better night sleeps for your whole house.  I hope that mom gets the help she needs.

Yesterday was yoga and relaxing.  H is now saying maybe we can start the driveway on Sunday because of the forecasted rain.  I also discovered that I have a screw in my tire.  I drove to work and my low air pressure gauge went off.  When I left my office, I could tell it was the front passenger tire and went in for a closer look to realize there was a screw in it. :(  So H & I switched cars today so he can hopefully go to the mechanics at lunch.  We have a lifetime warranty on the tires, so hopefully the patch will be free.

Not much going on this evening.  Maybe try to do a little work around the house.

• @6fsn  Damn these kids! Side question, weird name or normal name with weird spelling?
    Damn those parents! Gawd if I were talking about something my kid did - like this kid - I'd be like "urg my kid hurt someone and didn't do what they're suppose to! I thought they knew better" or SOMETHING other than laughing.

Is there anyone you can bring this up to?

@mrsconn23  Is it possible FIL was trying to gauge your response on how to talk to your H and BIL? I've done that. Vented to someone to see what they would do in the situation.
    Also, you are a very sweet friend for helping her :)

@DrillSergeantCat  poor new mama :( Is Lyric the baby's name? That's an interesting name.

Not much last night. I had editing to do so I can upload my video tonight.
    We have to move a bunch of stuff tonight. It started pouring last night, so we couldn't move the backyard things.

Actually it was interesting. At one point it wasn't raining in the backyard, but the front was pouring. At first I thought it was the tree, but I looked on an angle and saw it was really raining lol
    So that was neat.

Random fact, I tossed my bc pack. So next week we officially start TTC
    It's crazy to be here when we were previously talking about it. I'm just shocked, but M is like "yeh. Time. Crazy." Jerk.

Bored today?
    Check out this.
    http://inspirobot.me/

A.I technology tried to do inspirational quotes and kinda failed. lmao

• @mrsconn23  Is it possible FIL was trying to gauge your response on how to talk to your H and BIL? I've done that. Vented to someone to see what they would do in the situation.
    Also, you are a very sweet friend for helping her :)

Ha, I *want* to be that charitable toward him...but I already know that what he complained about to me was also brought up to other people (SIL, namely).  So IDK if he was wanting me to...tell him I'd talk to DH or something? It was weird and uncomfortable. I tried to respond to his concerns and he shit all over my explanation, so I was done at that point. 

He needs to talk to DH (and BIL) at this point.  If he's going to be passive-aggressive and not deal with it head-on, then that's on him. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    @MissKittyDanger Blaze. The kid's name is blaze. So strange if it's just going for the word. Wrong spelling if they were going for the Saint. 
  • @MissKittyDanger Yes, that's her name. The chosen name if it was a boy was pretty terrible, so Lyric is beautiful in comparison. 
  • @DrillSergeantCat Ooh that's such an interesting name, I actually kinda like it.

@MissKittyDanger Eeek that's so exciting! :# FI is the same way. So indifferent when it comes to big life changes haha. Men!

Martini night last night was JUST what I needed. Much needed venting time with the girls. We realized it will probably be the last time we're all together before I move away, as our one friend is headed to Greece for 6 weeks. Kinda sad :(

We actually ended up getting pedi's before we went as well which was nice. I was SO annoyed though because we made appointments for 5:45 and they literally sat us in a chair and didn't get to us until 6:10. I'm a pretty patient person, so I wasn't too upset about it until they had a walk in come in, and somebody got to her before us.. don't know how that worked. *eyeroll*

Anyways, pretty chill Thursday. FI is away at an event tonight so gonna make a nice dinner for myself and catch up on all the TV I'm behind on.
  • @6fsn sometimes kids sports can be the worst - because of the crazy parents! But that kid needs to be checked before he really injures someone (or himself) seriously. Also Blaze is an interesting name choice. 

@charlotte good luck with the interview! 

The presentation went really well yesterday! It was well-received by the client - and the CEO was extremely pleased and sent me a thank you email for my hard work! *pats self on back*

My one meeting this morning was cancelled, so the rest of the day will be spent tying up loose ends in preparation for my long weekend. 

And we are having another ice cream social at 2pm today, so I am pretty stoked about that. 
  • @6fsn  I feel like this speaks volumes of the parents .... I'm all for different names, but that's honestly weird.

@DrillSergeantCat  This is exactly the kind of strange name that is really nice!!

@mrsconn23  sounds like he doesn't want to :\ prob best when you told him flat out you weren't going to
  • Grr why does TK keeps changing my screen name back to a random generic one?
  • @Apollymi  I've talked to M about this, and he's pretty sure he's indifferent because it's not his body going through changes.
    He figures he'll feel different once he sees an ultrasound, hears a heart beat or feels future-baby kick.
  • SO woke me up early today because he thought I was late to work. I didn't work until 8 and between him and kitten, I didn't get much sleep. Then he started freaking out because there was a kitten in the yard that looked abandoned. We saw it a few days ago and it's eyes weren't open yet. Now it's eyes are crusted shut with an infection and it has a runny nose. I had him put it in a box under a bush with a towel and a hot water bottle. It snuggled right up to the warm towel. I don't know if I could classify it as abandoned, because mom cats often leave for a few hours at a time, but the fact that it was in the middle of our very open back yard, and obviously very ill makes me wonder if it actually might have been elected for Darwinism. SO is super upset about it, so I called our vet for a tentative appointment this afternoon if he comes home to lunch and there's still no mom cat in sight. Even our feral "back yard kitties" that SO is intent on feeding seem concerned for the kitten. They keep walking over to it but don't know what to do either. 

Otheriwse, I'm at work today. Uhh. 

• @DrillSergeantCat I love afghans! You tell that "friend" of yours to go screw!

I think I'm just done with her. I'm not going to her shower (if I'm even still invited) and I'm not going to her wedding/PPD (if I was ever invited). 
  • @DrillSergeantCat, afghans take so much work! People who receive them as gifts really need to appreciate them. I feel the same way about my cross stitched items.

34 years ago H and I received a handmade afghan from one of his parents' elderly neighbors (H mowed her grass when he was in high school). We have cherished that afghan. We stored it while the kids were little so that it wouldn't get trashed. It is now out in our family room. Your friend doesn't deserve your afghan. 

• 6fsn said:

@MissKittyDanger Blaze. The kid's name is blaze. So strange if it's just going for the word. Wrong spelling if they were going for the Saint. 

DS has a friend that named his kid Blyze, Blaze with a Y and its a boy. I'm not sure what goes through some peoples heads when they are naming their kids.

I fell leaving my church Tuesday, I went down hard and have a huge fat lip, broken in half front tooth, and my hand is swollen. I have psoriatic arthritis, and have been in a flare for over a month. I think that's what made me fall, I stepped on uneven concrete and my right leg literally just gave way.

Last friday a huge tree fell in my front yard, son has been cutting it up and I've been dragging branches and stacking wood, so I'm really ready for this long weekend, I want to do nothing but lay around.
  • @DrillSergeantCat, my Oma made me an afghan when I moved into my first apartment 20 years ago. It's either been in my living room or on my bed that whole time. Unfortunately, Mutt chewed a hole in it about a month after we adopted him. I was livid! It's still in the living room, but strategically placed so you can't see the hole. I wish I'd been more careful with it (and known in advance about Mutt's fiber-chewing ways).

Your frenemy can go piss off.

• 6fsn said:

DS has a friend that named his kid Blyze, Blaze with a Y and its a boy. I'm not sure what goes through some peoples heads when they are naming their kids.

I blame Hollywood.

Tbh I thought the name M and I have talked about for a girl was weird for years because it's my grandma's maiden name,  but then it became an actual name.
    {fyi - it's Harper}
  • Sending healing vibes to you, @pegasuskat!
  • @pegasuskat  yikes!!! Healing vibes and yes rest!

• 6fsn said:

I blame Hollywood.

Tbh I thought the name M and I have talked about for a girl was weird for years because it's my grandma's maiden name,  but then it became an actual name.
    {fyi - it's Harper}

OMG I love this name so much!! And I love that it has such a special personal meaning to you! That would be really sweet if you and M found out you were having a girl. :)

@levioosa that poor little kitty!!! Please keep us posted!