Wedding Woes

Rainbow Baby

I will spare you all photos of objects I peed on, but I did, twice. Both were clearly positive.  According to the internet I am around 4 weeks and 4 days along. 

Some of you who read my pre-wedding posts know the story. Anyway, I'm pretty scared and anxious this time around. H barely reacted when I told him. We discussed it later, when we both had a bit of time to really absorb the news. He's just afraid to let it be real in his mind and heart. We are both super happy, don't get me wrong, but nobody wants to get their hopes up or become attached. We have been trying in earnest since right before the wedding, and even though I'm turning 35 in a week I am still blessed with really great fertility it seems (something I absolutely don't take for granted as my 2 closest friends have shared the deep pain of their unsuccessful attempts to conceive).

I just hope this one sticks. I don't want to go through the physical or emotional agony of another loss.  I would never wish that kind of suffering on anyone.

I know I haven't been active much, but we have decided not to share the news with anyone until we have at least a couple of ultrasounds and things look good, and I wanted to be able to tell *someone*. I don't really have any other online community that I participate in, so I'm glad I can at least come here and admit that I am scared and I feel anxious and alone.

Re: Rainbow Baby

• Congratulations! 
  • Congrats!  I think it's only normal to feel apprehensive this time around. I'm sending you all the good baby vibes I got!  
  • Congrats! Sending you good vibes!

• Congratulations!!  Good vibes to you for a healthy pregnancy

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Congratulations!!  Luck and vibes to you. 
  • Congratulations and good vibes!!
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Congrats! Sending good vibes - may this be a healthy pregnancy for you and the baby 
  • I so understand.  My daughter suffered 3 losses prior to giving birth to her beautiful little girl.  She sounds similar to you.  She could get pregnant in a blink; sustaining the pregnancy was her issue.  They never were able to give her any reason other than "bad luck".  After the birth of her DD, my daughter suffered another loss.  She now has a rambunctious little guy.

Other than her husband, she did share with me.  She felt she needed a secondary place to vent fears, apprehensions, and other concerns without over-burdening her husband. There is no getting around those emotions.  They exist for a reason, unfortunately.  My heart broke for them each time they received the news. 

Stay well.  Stay strong.  Prayers to you, your husband and LO.
  • Congratulations!! Sending good vibes and best wishes to you and your baby! 
  • Congratulations! All the good healthy vibes your way!
  • Wishing you a happy and healthy 8 more months!
  • Congratulations! 

(I'm gonna go all nurse for a second)

Have they checked your progesterone? If not, ask them to check it with your next blood work. Progesterone helps thicken the uterine lining and make babes extra sticky. If your level is low you can take supplementation through your first trimester to encourage a healthy environment. Sorry if you've already gotten this advice, just thought I would throw it out there.

Here's to a healthy, happy nine months!
    I haven't been to a doctor yet, but I will definitely ask them to check once I go in on Monday :smile:
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Congratulations! Hoping you have a sticky baby and a healthy and uneventful pregnancy. 

Pregnant after loss (pgal) brain is such a mindfuck. I had a loss last summer and getting pregnant again added so many emotions, it's hard to understand unless you've been through it. I won't say it gets easier- my worries of losing my rainbow during pregnancy never went away, they just changed. But, as I hold my 7 day old rainbow in my arms, I hope you will hold your rainbow in your arms in 9 months. 

I know of a great online community for loss moms and pregnant after loss moms- if you want, PM me and I'll share the forum site with you. 

Xoxoxo
    Congrats redwood I was just wondering if you'd had your baby I knew you were getting close.  Hope you're feeling well!
  • Congratulations! Hoping you have a sticky baby and a healthy and uneventful pregnancy. 

Pregnant after loss (pgal) brain is such a mindfuck. I had a loss last summer and getting pregnant again added so many emotions, it's hard to understand unless you've been through it. I won't say it gets easier- my worries of losing my rainbow during pregnancy never went away, they just changed. But, as I hold my 7 day old rainbow in my arms, I hope you will hold your rainbow in your arms in 9 months. 

I know of a great online community for loss moms and pregnant after loss moms- if you want, PM me and I'll share the forum site with you. 

Xoxoxo
    Congratulations!!! 
  • Congratulations! Hoping you have a sticky baby and a healthy and uneventful pregnancy. 

Xoxoxo
    Congratulations to you!!  And thank you for the positivity :smile:
  • Rainbow baby vibes for you!! Congrats :)
  • Congrats @kwiksilver! Sending all the vibes for a healthy pregnancy!
    *********************************************************************************

• Congrats!  I had a loss in March of this year, and we're starting to try again now.  I know that I'll be super excited to be pregnant again if/when it happens, but I'm also terrified of having another loss, so I definitely hear you on the apprehension.  FX for a sticky baby and that your fears subside as your pregnancy progresses.
  • Congratulations @redwoodoriginal! Sending positive vibes to you, @jh715!
  • Thanks, everyone! I appreciate it and it makes me feel fuzzy inside that even though I don't participate as often here, y'all still remembered / thought of me. 

@kwiksilver sorry to hijack your thread a little! 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • @kwiksilver  and @redwoodoriginal  you'll both have to keep us posted :)<3