Wedding Woes

Don't wanna get out of bed

2»

Re: Don't wanna get out of bed

• Is today a full moon or do I live in Bizarro land?

In addition to the other bat shit crazy stuff that has happened today someone just created an Instagram Fan Page of my H's campaign photos....from Facebook.

I shouldn't have gotten out of bed this morning!

In addition to the other bat shit crazy stuff that has happened today someone just created an Instagram Fan Page of my H's campaign photos....from Facebook.

It must be! I guess take it as a positive that it’s a fan page? I had a tweet go minorly popular last night/today and it’s super weird. And makes me want to hide from the internet. 

It must be! I guess take it as a positive that it’s a fan page? I had a tweet go minorly popular last night/today and it’s super weird. And makes me want to hide from the internet. 
    We are clearly in the presents of celebrities ;)

Did you say presents?

• @kvruns I used to work takeout...at Outback actually. You are supposed to tip your take out servers. They take the order, enter it, plate it, and bring it out to you. It was a miserable job and it’s a ton of work. People who have never done it really don’t understand why they should tip. But once you’ve done it, you’ll always tip. Also, servers only get a certain number of tables at one time. When you’re doing take-away, you can get 30 orders at once. And no one helps you. So you’re trying to manage entering in orders, taking care of the cars pulling up, plating the food, and getting everything done on time. It’s awful. So, please tip your take out servers. It doesn’t have to be huge, but I would say 10% would be nice, especially if you have a large order. At a minimum give a few dollars. 

I brought the wrong lunch to work today. I forgot I had a small container of “left over” meal prep, so it’s just ground taco turkey and black beans. No rice or fajitas. =/ at least it’s healthy? 

• levioosa said:
    @kvruns I used to work takeout...at Outback actually. You are supposed to tip your take out servers. They take the order, enter it, plate it, and bring it out to you. It was a miserable job and it’s a ton of work. People who have never done it really don’t understand why they should tip. But once you’ve done it, you’ll always tip. Also, servers only get a certain number of tables at one time. When you’re doing take-away, you can get 30 orders at once. And no one helps you. So you’re trying to manage entering in orders, taking care of the cars pulling up, plating the food, and getting everything done on time. It’s awful. So, please tip your take out servers. It doesn’t have to be huge, but I would say 10% would be nice, especially if you have a large order. At a minimum give a few dollars. 

I brought the wrong lunch to work today. I forgot I had a small container of “left over” meal prep, so it’s just ground taco turkey and black beans. No rice or fajitas. =/ at least it’s healthy? 
    I wonder if this is what's different about places like Outback vs. places that cater to a takeout crowd?  

Is it supposed to be on par w/ table service?    

If I order a pizza from a place where I'd possibly sit down it wouldn't occur to me to tip.

So I guess what I wonder is do places like Outback (maybe any chain) handle take out differently than a place like a mom and pop pizza joint?  

Did you say presents?

Omg I spent too long staring at your comment going ":| I don't get it"

Fuck :')  

• Did you say presents?

It's probably the best thing I've seen all day.

• banana468 said:
    levioosa said:
    @kvruns I used to work takeout...at Outback actually. You are supposed to tip your take out servers. They take the order, enter it, plate it, and bring it out to you. It was a miserable job and it’s a ton of work. People who have never done it really don’t understand why they should tip. But once you’ve done it, you’ll always tip. Also, servers only get a certain number of tables at one time. When you’re doing take-away, you can get 30 orders at once. And no one helps you. So you’re trying to manage entering in orders, taking care of the cars pulling up, plating the food, and getting everything done on time. It’s awful. So, please tip your take out servers. It doesn’t have to be huge, but I would say 10% would be nice, especially if you have a large order. At a minimum give a few dollars. 

I wonder if this is what's different about places like Outback vs. places that cater to a takeout crowd?  

If I order a pizza from a place where I'd possibly sit down it wouldn't occur to me to tip.

So I guess what I wonder is do places like Outback (maybe any chain) handle take out differently than a place like a mom and pop pizza joint?  

From what I have seen of the big chains, it seems as if the take out area is manned by separate staff. 

I worked at a mom & pop pizza joint for summers for 10 years.  The way it worked there, was during the day the waitresses would do take out and wait on tables.  But it was always slower (it was not a boardwalk or beachfront location), so they could do multiple things and make a bit more money.  On weekends we had one dedicated take out person during the day with the influx of weekenders.  In the evenings, there was a separate and dedicated take out staff/area.  So the waitresses in the dining room could focus on waiting on tables.  The take out staff focused on take out.  Our kitchen handled plating and packaging, waitresses or take out staff only had to deal with desserts and soup.

• So I forget to mention my piss off on Saturday just before we went for breakfast!
    Which thank gawd we went, because that helped my mood 100000%

Back track;
    couple years ago, my student loans collection department called saying I was a payment behind {yes, just one .... wtf} but I couldn't understand, because I paid them monthly.

They realized that since I was paying early in the month, it was showing as paying a month behind {ie; I'd pay Feb 2nd, I was really paying for January and not February}

Whatever. I changed the dates I paid and done.

Now I'm in a program of interest only - which I only have to pay interest, but I'm currently paying a tad higher to hit principle - and I reset it in January. I knew I was late, so I asked the person 3-fucking-times to ensure I was only to pay the interest only.
    He said yes every time.
    I received paperwork, confirming this. Great.

I get a phone call Saturday saying I didn't pay entire portion.
    Uhm, excuse me?
    Lady explains because they set it up late, I had to pay full portion {which is like $127 fyi when I already paid $50}
    Short version, they fucked up. Their system fucked up AGAIN. I have to pay extra.
    They piss me off and I want to pay this shit off asap.

• Did you say presents?

It's probably the best thing I've seen all day.

I'm telling you, pregnancy brain is no joke. LMAO!
  • banana468 said:
    levioosa said:

From what I have seen of the big chains, it seems as if the take out area is manned by separate staff. 

I worked at a mom & pop pizza joint for summers for 10 years.  The way it worked there, was during the day the waitresses would do take out and wait on tables.  But it was always slower (it was not a boardwalk or beachfront location), so they could do multiple things and make a bit more money.  On weekends we had one dedicated take out person during the day with the influx of weekenders.  In the evenings, there was a separate and dedicated take out staff/area.  So the waitresses in the dining room could focus on waiting on tables.  The take out staff focused on take out.  Our kitchen handled plating and packaging, waitresses or take out staff only had to deal with desserts and soup.

This is why I hate the way certain things are structured and the way a restaurant can operate as one of them.

It's blatantly shitty the way Outback does this then.   They are using their wait staff to assemble a take out order.   They pay the wait staff less than minimum wage and rely on the customer to pay up to the standard.   Except that as stated above, this isn't really a standard in a lot of places.  So of course their staff is irritated.   They're working really hard and not getting paid. 

But aside from the hugeness of this order referenced, I don't know  a lot of people who would think to tip on take out.  It's cheapness on the part of the restaurant.
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    levioosa said:

This is why I hate the way certain things are structured and the way a restaurant can operate as one of them.

It's blatantly shitty the way Outback does this then.   They are using their wait staff to assemble a take out order.   They pay the wait staff less than minimum wage and rely on the customer to pay up to the standard.   Except that as stated above, this isn't really a standard in a lot of places.  So of course their staff is irritated.   They're working really hard and not getting paid. 

But aside from the hugeness of this order referenced, I don't know  a lot of people who would think to tip on take out.  It's cheapness on the part of the restaurant.
    I “lucked out” being in CA. It’s mandatory to pay servers/waitstaff minimum wage. In some states your hourly is literally two dollars and it’s up to tips to make up the difference. I got pissed when they changed how we were taxed. They started double taxing us, so they would take tax from our hourly/paycheck, then they would take our sales and tax us 10%, assuming that we had made 10% in tips. During our slow seasons I was literally paying to take care of customers. Being in the service industry is hard, man. It’s a thankless, soulless life where customers and managers treat you like a servant. And don’t even get me started on sexual harassment in the restaurant industry. 

• I also worked for Outback ... I was a hostess in high school.  

funny story ... when we're on a wait, you give the customer a pager and say, "here's your pager, it will vibrate when your table is ready."  My first night, I said, "Here's your vibrator, it will page you ..."  

I remember the carry-out responsibilities was with one of the servers who had "regular" tables in their section.  So, I know that they needed the tips.

However... in the article it said it was delivery changed to carry-out, so it does sound like something went awry and they had to send a volunteer at the last minute to pick up the food.  In that case, I can see why they didn't leave a tip.
  • kvruns said:
    @oliveoilsmom that sounds amazing! We have a similar place near my house that is the same concept but cheaper than Fogo. We always talk about going but never do. But I'd be game for a bacon version for sure. 
    Fogo is so much better than Tuscano's (sp?).  Much better off going to Mo's across from them.  I miss that place.  We ate there all the time.  We could walk home if we had too much to drink.  :D 
  • Good to know @mrsconn23 I've been to Fogo a few times, and it is meat overload where I feel like I am overpaying cuz I don't eat a lot. I've been to Mo's a few times, though not in a long time. And now I'm trying to figure out where you could walk home from there, I can't think of anywhere that close
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2018
    kvruns said:
    Good to know @mrsconn23 I've been to Fogo a few times, and it is meat overload where I feel like I am overpaying cuz I don't eat a lot. I've been to Mo's a few times, though not in a long time. And now I'm trying to figure out where you could walk home from there, I can't think of anywhere that close
    Our old house was in the neighborhood next to Deer Creek (or whatever it's called now...Ruoff? Ugh).  It's a bit of a hike from the mall, but do-able.  We walked to concerts all the time. 

Oh and I agree on the overload vs. how much you pay.  Fogo's quality and selection is better.  We just weren't impressed with the other place.  ;) 
  • That would be a hike! But good for concerts. We're just west of there on Greenfield Ave a couple miles